Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2023, 13:53   #1396
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
Got the 1st service done at Brite Skoda Noida. I must say very professionally done. I had listed down few queries which they duly noted and some of my wishlist like the initial lag, i was hoping that there technicians would be able to do some magic with the tuning and make it better, but unfortunately they can't. I made sure that the oil was changed in front of my eyes as that's the most important aspect of the service itself. I was willing to get the Air filter changed, but surprisingly they cleaned it like new. As the car was driven enthusiastically, i was dreading a few underbody dents but surprisingly nothing there. After doing a through visual inspection on the mechanical lift, I am happy to report that the kodiaq is a sturdy machine and it felt rock solid. The drive after the service is marginally better , which is a good thing because honestly when i was taking the car to service having done 14k kms, there was hardly anything negative to report. I have driven the car mostly on bad roads, but there are zero niggles or rattles, its absolutely quite. Initially i was not too happy with DCC or suspension, but this is one thing which has gotten better over time or may be its me getting used to it. This is a fantastic 7 seater safe family car with plenty of space, enough tech , great sound system , good looks and great to drive. The only thing which could've been better is the acceleration from get-go and the initial lag and this is nitpicking. That would've made this a true enthusiast's car, while it still does 0 to 100 in 8 seconds. But its still the best all round package.
Great going Fun to Drive. Good to note that the machine is holding well so far despite driving on bad roads. I have been equally pleased with the run so far as it stands at 8K KMS as we speak. Just came from another 1100 KM run yesterday and on the return leg of 520 KMS, the fuel efficiency was a decent 13.5 KMPL with a great deal cruise control on the highways and ploughing through the city traffic until reaching home, not bad a figure ? Although I am seriously wondering how some of the members were getting figures upwards of 15/16 KMPL. For the city commutes, its a guzzler and I don't get more than 5-6 KMPL for shorter runs ( less than 10 kms) Perhaps it get better after first service ?

Your observations otherwise about DCC, Turbo lag is valid. Comfort mode is great for those rutted and bad patches with very minor rattles seeping into the cabin, although it crashes hard with a thud on some bad pot holes ( resonates into the cabin) which is at times disturbing the otherwise quiet and pleasant ride. It could be my OCD, but I think the front suspension makes a bit of noise compared to the rear when passing bad roads. My Service advisor took it for a spin and didn't feel anything and said its normal given the engine weight. The MRFs are starting to get noisy and switching them to Michelins is on the cards. The overall ride quality is still fantastic!

Regarding the Turbo lag, yes its a bummer but you tend to work it around and I am starting to feel that the Engine and Gearbox is a bit more responsive than before. Again this is something I hope gets better after the first service / after the 12-15K mark. Ultimate solution is a remap but I am holding it back for future( it would transform the machine with 250 BHP of power with a good DSG tune as well, must be a hoot!)

The headlights performance has been slightly bothering me. The low beams aren't the best and in the one of the recent monsoon checkups, I had asked the service team to slightly lower them as I felt the throw was all over the place. But it has made it worse , as the throw cut off is too short now making it hard to see in the distance and I again need to ask them adjust it. Not sure if self leveling is helping? Also while the high beams are good with good brightness and throw, they are not seamless and we see those gradation or lines in the throw ( horizontal bars of lights). I am again not sure if this AFS light system works that way but it I haven't experienced it in my Volvo. Its one long seamless light with the cut off at the distance. Any members experiencing this ?

In all, its a fantastic package for 50L that one can currently opt with a great deal of power, performance, cushy ride, posh interiors, space and practicality, stellar audio and built to last quality.
vjbox is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 14:04   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhuberance View Post
Hello to the Kodiaq community!

I am seriously considering the Kodiaq and very confused between the L&K v/s Sportline variants.
Primarily I am very apprehensive how the beige interiors will hold up over time. I saw a showroom L&K vehicle with spotless interiors and then drove the test vehicle which had turned 2 shades darker which was disappointing.

So the question to L&K owners is how are you maintaining your interiors ? And have you noticed a deterioration in the same over time ?

Thanks a bunch.
Got to admit that its hard to maintain both the Lava Blue paint and the beige seats in the L&K. My seats does look a bit graded already in 5 months but I havent done any special treatment or cleaning yet. I am guessing a good deal of cleaning or maintaining it regularly should help it keep in shape but its not going to be factory state. Even the leather seats in my Volvo have coloured but since its amber, it kinda looks nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
How Low is Low Battery?

I’ve been on business travel for the past 17 days and it will be another 5 days before I get home. Checking on the Skoda ConnectED app, I see the battery voltage has dropped from 12.7V to 12.3V. How low can this go while not causing permanent damage to my battery and will it hold without getting there for another 5 days?
Mine fluctuates between 12.5V and 12.4V and I had asked Skoda if its normal. No issues so far, although I got a notification once from the app that the battery voltage was low and it never appeared after then.

12.3 sounds low and perhaps due to inactivity ? Can someone idle the car for a bit before you reach and take it up with Skoda?

Can other members comment on what should be the typical resting voltage when the car is parked ?
vjbox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 14:41   #1398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Just came from another 1100 KM run yesterday and on the return leg of 520 KMS, the fuel efficiency was a decent 13.5 KMPL with a great deal cruise control on the highways and ploughing through the city traffic until reaching home, not bad a figure ? Although I am seriously wondering how some of the members were getting figures upwards of 15/16 KMPL. For the city commutes, its a guzzler and I don't get more than 5-6 KMPL for shorter runs ( less than 10 kms) Perhaps it get better after first service ?
13.5 kmpl is a great mileage. Do you measure by MID or via Tankfull method? I have observed that the tankful method always shows 0.8 to 1.3 Kmpl lesser than the MID. Even i got 16.2 kmpl(MID) in one of the highway drives , but that was during early days in ideal conditions with cruising speeds of around 70-80kmph. Even at that time the mileage via tankfull method was around 13.7kmpl. In my experience with all the cars i've owned, we always hope that the mileage will improve after 1st service but it rarely does or improves marginally. For my ownership experience of 14000 kms, here is the summary of fuel economy i've been getting:-
  • Cruising highway runs under ideal condition with 1-2 people in the car- 15-16 KMPL.
  • Cruising highway runs under ideal condition with Full load- 13 KMPL.
  • Mileage during road trips with family in mixed conditions (80% highway+20% city)- 11-12 KMPL
  • City runs with normal traffic- 9.5 to 11 KMPL.
  • City runs with moderate to heavy traffic- 7.5 to 8.5 KMPL.
  • City runs with heavy traffic 5.5 to 7 KMPL
The definition of Highways , normal/heavy traffic will be different for different cities.

If i could improve one thing about the car it won't be the mileage, it will be the low end torque. Close to 1 year of ownership and the car has given so much joy, that i look forward to driving everyday and above all a Simran i haven't stopped looking back at

Last edited by Fun_to_drive : 19th September 2023 at 14:43.
Fun_to_drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 15:48   #1399
Senior - BHPian

3rd Oil Change Service completed @ 31000 Kms

As I keep the service intervals under 12K kms, it was time to carry out the oil change service this month. In this stint of 12K kms the car required about 100 ml oil and 150 ml of coolant top up. During the service, the coolant was topped up again. There are no leaks observed hence the consumption is still puzzling. There are no errors, etc. either.

Along with the engine oil, oil filter, pollen filter, I also got the front brake pads and brake fluid replaced. Front pads had some margin but it would mean I would have to come back after a month or so to carry out this change, so went ahead and completed the replacement. Rear pads still have about 6-7K kms left in them, will change it around Diwali days.

Total amount paid with labour and taxes was INR 21K. What I find strange is that the service calculator suggests the Haldex oil needs to be replaced every 2 years or 30K kms. I was prepared to get that job done as well but service advisor told me not to go for it, as its based on the time period which is 2 years. Left it for now but I am not sure about the replacement condition. Need to do some research on forums to find out when other people have been carrying out the differential oil service.

Service experience was good, I reached the centre quite late around 11:00 am still the technicians assigned completed all the tasks by 1:30 pm. The brake pad change at front was a good call as the bite has improved and the slow speed pad clamping noise has gone. Other than that I have a dashboard rattle from the passenger side which I have decided to live with, since I dont want them to open up the dashboard to resolve this, its easily subsided with music on.

Overall FE past 5000 Kms has been in the range of 11-12 KMPL. Sedate highway cruise (<90 km/h) results in FE of over 16 KMPL. Where as my daily commute of 15 kms results in 6.5-10 KMPL depending on time of day, traffic and my mood after work

Drivability is same across the 31K kms, I dont see any major improvements in performance, efficiency, NVH, etc. It drives just the way it did on day 1 of ownership. Strict XP95 diet, never had a drop of any fuel lower than this in it ever, although used a tank of XP100 and it made me sad, because the difference with XP100 was evident and now makes me feel poor for not being able to fill XP100 regularly only because its 65% more expensive, and availability is not that great outside of metros. But its a must try for all owners to have at least 1 tank full XP100 some time.

Tyres are super noisy, hate the sound, can even hear it with the music on while coasting so its really a botheration. Replacement option Vredestien Ultrac Vorti in stock size is easily available, will carry out the change in Jan 2024 or 45K kms which ever is sooner. No issues with alignment / road force balancing done at Hunter equipped centre in Ahmedabad.

Yet to carry out any beautification treatment for the paint, white is extremely forgiving colour but I know the metallic bits in Moon White paint by Skoda can really pop after a nice DA Polisher session and applying Collinite 845. Will be doing that post monsoons, before Diwali.

No issues with headlight throw / brightness. Only the vibrating LED module issue persists, did not want to push the SA too much on this as while on the move its not noticeable and performance won't change by getting new headlights under warranty. I do notice the DRL is not as white / bright as the delivery day. Seeing slightest yellow tinge in it. These days high end Bimmers sport yellow DRL colour (iXM, M4C), but I much prefer a modern white and bright set of DRLs. Will keep an eye on the eyes. Sceptical on getting sound dampening done, not many professional installers for it in Ahmedabad whom I can trust with not breaking any door card clips while installation. The CANTON setup has such deep bass and loudness over bluetooth, the passenger door card makes a vibrating racket. Then I realise why I bought this car, because it was everything I wanted, without the stratospheric prices of the X1, Q3 and GLA.

I do wish I had DCC in the Sportline, the suspension is supremely stiff for low speed drives on bad roads, and everyone in the car has a good body shake whenever car comes across huge potholes or rutted uneven roads. Something the DCC's comfort mode would have helped with. But happy to make the compromise for the black interior, blacked out exterior bits, sports seats, and excellent wheel design. Next report at 43K kms.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 01:39   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Also while the high beams are good with good brightness and throw, they are not seamless and we see those gradation or lines in the throw ( horizontal bars of lights). I am again not sure if this AFS light system works that way but it I haven't experienced it in my Volvo. Its one long seamless light with the cut off at the distance. Any members experiencing this ?

Yes.

We do get horizontal bars on illuminated area. But on high beam, also I have noted some vertical blocks of lights too that keep adjusting with oncoming objects.
Still headlights are pretty much great.

One of my friend who owns 2020 Fortuner AT took to driver's seat recently. As he opened up the door, he immediately said - "Man.. Doors are heavier than my Fortuner." & when he started driving - "This machine drives like Tank." I mumbled in my mind - Yes, she saved my family once - from truck & bus - simultaneously
SilverSmoke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 00:02   #1401
BHPian

Hi everyone,

What's the water wading capacity of the Kodiaq? Can it handle the water "nullahs" one typically encounters in Ladakh? Also can the Kodiaq do tough expeditions such as Spiti Valley during winters?

My mind is set on the Fortuner but the harsh ride quality and lack of features is forcing me to think about the Kodiaq.
Old 21st September 2023, 09:01   #1402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
What's the water wading capacity of the Kodiaq? Can it handle the water "nullahs" one typically encounters in Ladakh? Also can the Kodiaq do tough expeditions such as Spiti Valley during winters?

My mind is set on the Fortuner but the harsh ride quality and lack of features is forcing me to think about the Kodiaq.
Worth checking out this travelogue

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...da-kodiaq.html (Almost a two-year wait for Ladakh | 16 day & 5740 km road-trip in a Skoda Kodiaq)
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 14:06   #1403
BHPian

What a reassuring post this is on the Kodiaq's off road capabilities. They drove on worst possible rocky roads, so its not surprising to see couple of punctures. The L&k model has TPMS which can come in handy in such situations. I am actually very disappointed with the quality of MRF tyres in the new kodiaq as well. I've had close to 12 punctures in a run of 14000 Kms. These tyres cannot handle gravel or bad roads. Can anyone think of better alternatives which can handle off-road abuse and also provide a plush ride quality ?
Old 23rd September 2023, 18:11   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
What's the water wading capacity of the Kodiaq? Can it handle the water "nullahs" one typically encounters in Ladakh?

A month back, during intense down pour, I was forced to go through a lane with water logged up. I was skeptical if Avalanche can make it.

I was unable to judge the water depth as there was little traffic passing, suddenly I observed a stalled motorcycle of Hero being pushed through the water by its rider. I saw the water was kissing upper rim edge of the bike - so the depth was easily in the range of 20+ inches.

I became apprehensive of approaching, but work for which I was going was had to be done urgently in a short span of time. Hence, with pounding heart, I decided to move ahead. I shifted to M1, & drove at 5-7 KMPH - avoiding making a head-on wave that may cause water to rise further above grill. In rain I rolled down the windows to check how much is the water level - it was just touching the tyre upper rubber on & off.

If one can see - air intake manifold is starting at the level of headlight washers - which is well above 590 MM.

Hence water won't be entering the engine at level of rims again, 590 MM.
But can't say about other delicate electric components that might be submerged below this level.

I easily went through & came back the same way without any fuss - to make sure everything is alright, got it checked too other day - nothing found.

Proximity sensors were yelling at all the time.
Some error pop ups I was certainly expecting but didn't had any.

With this experience, I learnt that undeclared water wading capacity of Kodiaq 2.0 TSI is around 580 MM - above which it can be risky business - take a dip at this level only in case of emergency & for a short period of time [15 seconds at maximum].

But I won't recommend to try it frequently though as Skoda hasn't officially released anything & also if anything goes pop, including sensors, it won't be covered in warranty, may be in insurance.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230923_173821.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230923_173722.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230923_173648.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230923_172346.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230923_140917.jpg
SilverSmoke is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 03:33   #1405
BHPian

Quote:
Mine fluctuates between 12.5V and 12.4V and I had asked Skoda if its normal. No issues so far, although I got a notification once from the app that the battery voltage was low and it never appeared after then.

12.3 sounds low and perhaps due to inactivity ? Can someone idle the car for a bit before you reach and take it up with Skoda?

Can other members comment on what should be the typical resting voltage when the car is parked ?
Thank you @vjbox - The Skoda Connected app was reporting 12.2V on day 22 when I got back and thankfully, no warning lights and the Kodiaq cranked at the first attempt itself. After an extended idling, took her out for a spin (about an hour on the road) and now the voltage shows 12.5V while parked. So hopefully, all good!

Last edited by Aditya : 24th September 2023 at 06:32. Reason: Typo
Old Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 23:18   #1406
BHPian

Sometimes key presence isn't detected while in pocket during ignition - like 1 in 10 times. Any idea how long key fob battery lasts? I am expected to change it.
Old 26th September 2023, 15:04   #1407
BHPian

I have been trying to use the steering voice control to activate voice control for car-play, but it activates voice control for HU (which seems logical). Is there a setting to bypass this and activate pass voice commands to car-play using any on-steering controls??
Old 26th September 2023, 17:23   #1408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
I have been trying to use the steering voice control to activate voice control for car-play, but it activates voice control for HU (which seems logical). Is there a setting to bypass this and activate pass voice commands to car-play using any on-steering controls??
In the BMW, long press of the voice button invokes Siri and short press invokes the voice command of the HU. Maybe this works in Kodiaq too. Try it.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 09:16   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
In the BMW, long press of the voice button invokes Siri and short press invokes the voice command of the HU. Maybe this works in Kodiaq too. Try it.
Tried this today and it worked like a charm. Thanks a ton, sir.
sameerg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 13:43   #1410
BHPian

Quote:
Can the Kodiaq do tough expeditions such as Spiti Valley during winters?
Check this out.

https://www.autocarindia.com/auto-fe...-passes-429405

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks