Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2023, 22:10   #1366

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Hi all

Drove home today in a new Kodiaq Sportline in Steel Grey. Some photos below. Bought it from Mody Skoda in Andheri, Mumbai. The purchase experience was pleasant and the SA was communicative and professional. I was extra careful on the drive home from Andheri as it was evening and the traffic on Link Road was heavy, as usual. Fueled up with Speed97 before heading home as the range at the showroom was just 25km.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-kodiaq-showroon.png

Next to a L&K in Magic Black. The Steel Grey definitely stands out as a colour option. My Dad loved it as soon as he saw it in the showroom.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-kodiaq-home.jpeg

Parked next to a neighbour's C-Class sedan.

Overall, we are extremely happy with our purchase. The amount of tech in the car makes this a VFM purchase at this price point, especially compared to peers like the Fortuner and Tucson. Will try to share more photos of the car if time permits. Thanks to all members here for sharing your experience with the Kodiaq. It gave us confidence to go ahead and bring it home.
zv777 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 09:54   #1367
BHPian

Hello, does anyone know how to prevent rat bites in the car? I recently saw one running near my car and people in my apartment have faced rat bite issues previously. What would be the best way without voiding the warranty to prevent this?
Thanks!
Old 27th August 2023, 22:11   #1368
BHPian

Mileage improvement with Running in period:

I did a Bangalore - Mysore and back drive today, and was pleasantly surprised by the furl efficiency figures I got. The distance covered was 161 Km, of which 117KM was the Bangalore - Mysore expressway and the rest - Bangalore and Mysore city roads. Helped by the rather light traffic on Sunday ( started at 10:15AM), and the speed cameras on Bangalore - Mysore expressway forcing me to set cruise control at 100KMPH, I got an overall fuel efficiency of 16.3KMPL for the onward trip. Added ( sinful?) pleasure was seeing those cars that were zooming past me being pulled over at the toll gate by cops and being issued speeding tickets
I did a Bangalore - Tirupati trip during the running in period ( starting at about 300 Km on the clock), and the FE I got was 13KMPL. The Kodiaq having done about 3700KM now, is now feeling smoother, more eager to accelerate and is providing better FE under similar driving conditions. On the flip side, the worst FE I have got on my office commute in Bangalore was 5.8KMPL😰, though on an average commute day, I get 8 to 9.5KMPL
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4739.jpeg  

Old Dude is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 01:50   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Poweredd_ View Post
What would be the best way without voiding the warranty to prevent this?
Thanks!

There are some repellent sprays available, that might work but they need very clean engine bay before you spray or things can get worse - also it can't be sprayed everywhere.

If you are parking for longer time, you may place some rat protection around all the wheels (stick pads, spikes).

If you are parking for shorter duration, there is nothing better than to warm up engine upto 90°C before shutting down.
Do this daily, you won't be having rats in - they just hate hot temperatures - until they find it warm & cozy enough in extreme northern cold.

Even when I don't have to go anywhere, I make sure it's at 90 degrees - atleast once in 48 hours - take it for a spin.

Make it an uncomfortable & unpredictable place for rodents - once they acknowledge this, they won't approach - until a new alpha male comes up - but hey, train him too!
SilverSmoke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 10:01   #1370
BHPian

Hi, all the Skoda myconnect app has not been working for me for a few weeks now. When logging in, after putting the OTP, I get a message "Registration error in getting access token.".

My dealership informed me that the error has now been resolved, but it's still not working for me. Anyone else with the same issue?

I actually use the app a lot to track the car's location, especially with kids' drop and pickups.
Old 28th August 2023, 12:11   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobijn View Post
Hi, all the Skoda myconnect app has not been working for me for a few weeks now. When logging in, after putting the OTP, I get a message "Registration error in getting access token.".

My dealership informed me that the error has now been resolved, but it's still not working for me. Anyone else with the same issue?

I actually use the app a lot to track the car's location, especially with kids' drop and pickups.
Try uninstalling and installing the app. I had the same problem with Volkswagen app. I was able to resolve it by reinstalling the app. I guess same goes for Skoda app too.
Old 28th August 2023, 13:36   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobijn View Post

Android app needs an update and then it should work fine now. Apple app fix is still in progress.
Old 28th August 2023, 14:48   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Android app needs an update and then it should work fine now. Apple app fix is still in progress.
I havent activated the app from the dealer. Is it really useful? What are the features you frequently use?
Old 29th August 2023, 09:27   #1374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Poweredd_ View Post
I havent activated the app from the dealer. Is it really useful? What are the features you frequently use?
Since my car moves around with either the driver alone (between office, home and school) or with driver, nanny and kids, it's important to be able to track the car. The app does that very well. I've also set up geofencing so I get an alert when he has reached school or office (to pick me up).

Also, since we sometimes use ad hoc drivers, the idle alert and speed alert help me to understand if the driver is misusing the car in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunRam
Try uninstalling and installing the app. I had the same problem with Volkswagen app. I was able to resolve it by reinstalling the app. I guess same goes for Skoda app too.
Thanks guys, it's work fine now after re-installing!
Jacobijn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 07:25   #1375
BHPian

Next gen Kodiaq Interiors revealed!

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/...b-generations/
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4801.jpeg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4802.jpeg  

Old Dude is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 16:05   #1376

Quote:
Originally Posted by zv777 View Post
Hi all

Drove home today in a new Kodiaq Sportline in Steel Grey.
Congratulations on bringing home the beauty! How much did it cost OTR, and did you manage any discounts? I have always loved the Kodiaq and nothing else in the 40-50 range seems to be good enough. Does this version have all the tech features that Tucson and Tiguan have? Do you think it is worth waiting for the next gen Kodiaq or does this have all the bells and whistles?

Last edited by Axe77 : 30th August 2023 at 16:50. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 31st August 2023, 20:02   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Next gen Kodiaq Interiors revealed!

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/...b-generations/
No Thanks , current dedicated volume button is much better than selecting volume option in one of the smart dial and then reducing/ increasing it.

The one thing which needs urgent fixing in the current model is, car mode button/option. It really needs to be a physical dial/switch rather than a touch button.
Old 1st September 2023, 09:06   #1378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
The one thing which needs urgent fixing in the current model is, car mode button/option. It really needs to be a physical dial/switch rather than a touch button.
If you're referring to the MODE button used to toggle between driving modes such as ECO, NORMAL, SPORT, Individual, etc., you can cycle through them by pressing the MODE switch again after the initial press.
freebear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 09:42   #1379
BHPian

Another vent component came out today morning spontaneously at the age of 1 year 3 months.

Can't think of a reason.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230905_090907.jpg
SilverSmoke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 21:48   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Another vent component came out today morning spontaneously at the age of 1 year 3 months.

Can't think of a reason.

Attachment 2499452

Welcome to the club

Don't know how to fix this. Any help is appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks