Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2023, 13:39   #1216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuljha1310 View Post
I have been using 70mai with 128 GB card and am pretty satisfied with the performance so far.
The front camera I installed it by myself but I took the rear camera and got it installed by the Skoda service center in Dhanbad during my first service.

The only disadvantage is the app, it keeps logging off on my iPhone, so each time I need to watch a video, I have to login to the app which is daunting.
Could you give some insight on how you installed front camera by yourself ? you should have shot a video of the same, if its there do share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahak View Post
Which Model of 70mai you folks are using ?

I see below 2 on Amazon.

70mai A800S True 4K Dual Channel Car Dash Camera, 2160P Front & 1080P Rear

70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel Car Dash Cam, 2.7K, ADAS

Thanks in Advance
I had 70mai in polo however reading some online reviews, got ddpai z50. I have not yet installed though. I did a dry run on Tirupathi to Bangalore highway, and the images were good. The app is not as great as 70mai however I felt the intuitive scrolling is better in ddpai app. In app store the rating is pathetic for the ddpai app.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th June 2023 at 08:30. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks.
Old 11th June 2023, 00:37   #1217
BANNED

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post in the forum.

I have recently booked Skoda Kodiaq L&K, Lava Blue from Raja Skoda. The vehicle allocated to me is March 2023 assembled/manufactured.

I was a little concerned about if it was a BS6 phase-2 and OBD2 complaint vehicle or not. On generating the invoice, I can see that OBD2 is mentioned under the model name. Does OBD2 also mean it BS6 phase-2 complaint? The Form-22 of the vehicle thought only says BS6. The SA at Raja Skoda tells me that Form-22 will indicate only BS6. Is this the same for others too? Do vehicles from other manufacturers that support BS6 Phase 2 also indicate just BS6 in their Form-22?

Also, the SA confirmed to me (after speaking with the regional head of SAVWIP) that the current engine (EA888 evo4 DQ381-7A) can support E20 fuel. They are waiting for some government clearance till they can officially start putting the E20 sticker in the fuel cap. Does anyone else have information regarding this?

Last edited by Aditya : 12th June 2023 at 16:19. Reason: Spelling, punctuation
Train Reck is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 11th June 2023, 02:19   #1218
BHPian

I see most people using 70mai dash cams. Any idea how is blaupunkt BP4.0??

My dealer is offering it to me at Rs 9900, apparently it is part of skoda official accessories.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4834.jpeg  

Old 11th June 2023, 05:22   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post

My dealer is offering it to me at Rs 9900, apparently it is part of skoda official accessories.
I have a 70mai A500 pro plus dual Channel dashcam in my other car, and bought that in 2021 after fair amt of research. The previous dashcam I had, was a top of the line ( at that time) Blackvue 1080P one purchased in 2012 for $320, which conked off after about 9 years of use. One big realisation with the 9 years of dashcam experience is most people never look at the dashcam footage after the first week of installation, and it’s only for peace of mind, should there be an unfortunate incident. While decent image quality in day and night and numberplate readability is needed, spending for anything more than that is an overkill. Armed with this realisation and the difference in quality of footage between the 4K A800 vs the A500S being not so perceivable unless pixel peeping ( and the A500S having arguably better / brighter night time video quality, I decided it was not worth spending extra for the A 800. I also did a comparison with the Blaupunkt 4.0 ( same situation as yours - Skoda dealer offering as an accessory for the Kodiaq) with one of my friend’s Vento, and the 70mai was way superior in terms of video quality. I also understand the Balupunkt is limited to max 32GB SD card, which means video footage will be overwritten every 3 hours or so as compared to the 128GB in the 70mai. This is why I bought the 70mai A509S proplus again for my Kodiaq in Feb 23.

One factor some people consider is whether the dashcam is powered by Lithium battery or Supercapacitor - if living in extremely hot conditions and car to be parked out in the sun, the lithium batteries can potentially a fire hazard! ( Though I never had any problem with my Blackvue for 9 years, or the 70mai A500S pro-plus for the past 2 years).

Confession: Contradicting everything I said above, the gadget freak in me made an impulse buy of the latest 70mai Omni 360 rotating camera on a pre-launch offer ( $160 including free shipping to India) directly from 70mai - got the package about a month back, yet to find time to swap the A500S with this one - as the power cable is different and hence need go back to Skoda dealer, to get the cable routed properly. I see this model is now available under launch offer for 19999 in NEXDIGITRON in India (and feeling idiotically happy at saving some 5K with my direct purchase though making my 8K worth A500S redundant )
Old Dude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 07:03   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Train Reck View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have recently booked Skoda Kodiaq L&K, Lava Blue from Raja Skoda. The vehicle allocated to me is March 2023 assembly/manufacturing.

I was a little concerned with if it were a BS6 phase-2 and OBD2 complaint vehicle. On generating the invoice I can see that OBD2 is mentioned under the model name. Does OBD2 also means it BS6 phase-2 complaint? The Form-22 of the vehicle thought only says BS6. The SA at Raja Skoda tells me that the Form-22 will indicate only BS6. Is this the same for others too? Do vehicles from other manufacturers that support BS6 Phase 2 also indicates the just BS6 in their Form-22?

Also the SA confirmed to me (after speak with the regional head of SAVWIP) that the current engine (EA888 evo4 DQ381-7A) can support E20 fuel, they are waiting for some government clearance till they can officially start putting the E20 sticker in the fuel cap. Does anyone else has info on this regards?
Refer this -
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5548515 (2023 Skoda Kodiaq 4x4 launched at Rs 37.99 lakh)

I got the vehicle from RAJA Skoda in May 2023.

Quote:

I recall offering same accessory during purchase however checking online, the price was much lower and wanted to go for a different version. 70mai or ddpai are running well in the market AFAIK

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th June 2023 at 08:31. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks.
freebear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 07:22   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I also did a comparison with the Blaupunkt 4.0 ( same situation as yours - Skoda dealer offering as an accessory for the Kodiaq) with one of my friend’s Vento, and the 70mai was way superior in terms of video quality. I also understand the Balupunkt is limited to max 32GB SD card, which means video footage will be overwritten every 3 hours or so as compared to the 128GB in the 70mai. This is why I bought the 70mai A509S proplus again for my Kodiaq in Feb 23.

One factor some people consider is whether the dashcam is powered by Lithium battery or Supercapacitor - if living in extremely hot conditions and car to be parked out in the sun, the lithium batteries can potentially a fire hazard! ( Though I never had any problem with my Blackvue for 9 years, or the 70mai A500S pro-plus for the past 2 years).
Thanks a ton man. You are truly a master on the subject.
Old 11th June 2023, 12:35   #1222
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebear View Post
Thanks freebear. Do you know if the Form-22 would still claim BS6 only and not BS6 Phase-2?
Old 11th June 2023, 22:37   #1223

Quote:

I made a booking recently and waiting for the vehicle. The SA and his Manager told me not to go for BP as the quality is not that great. They recommended 70mai from Amazon.
sahak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 22:42   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I have recently booked Skoda Kodiaq L&K, Lava Blue from Raja Skoda. The vehicle allocated to me is March 2023 assembly/manufacturing.

I was a little concerned with if it were a BS6 phase-2 and OBD2 complaint vehicle. On generating the invoice I can see that OBD2 is mentioned under the model name. Does OBD2 also means it BS6 phase-2 complaint? The Form-22 of the vehicle thought only says BS6. The SA at Raja Skoda tells me that the Form-22 will indicate only BS6. Is this the same for others too? Do vehicles from other manufacturers that support BS6 Phase 2 also indicates the just BS6 in their Form-22?

Also the SA confirmed to me (after speak with the regional head of SAVWIP) that the current engine (EA888 evo4 DQ381-7A) can support E20 fuel, they are waiting for some government clearance till they can officially start putting the E20 sticker in the fuel cap. Does anyone else has info on this regards?
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the Big Bear. I too got a lava blue L&K in Apr ( Feb 23 Manufactured) and is probably the first BS6.2 models delivered in Chennai. It was billed as OBD2 ( denoting the RDE complaint engine) but the RC card only mentions it as BS6. This model iteration is further identified with the subtle new additions such as Door edge protectors, Spoiler finlets at the rear and the Foot rests.

I am not too sure if the engine is EVO4 though and I too don't yet have any official word on the E20 situation but I have come to peace on that already as it would be a while until E20 will become the norm and we should rather utilize the vehicle to maximum extent with the current E12 fuels. I am sure they would be a solution to E20 when the time comes.

Although please stick to XP95 that is now widely available at Indian Oil. It makes the engine further refined and fuel efficient.
vjbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 23:08   #1225

Quote:
Confession: Contradicting everything I said above, the gadget freak in me made an impulse buy of the latest 70mai Omni 360 rotating camera on a pre-launch offer ( $160 including free shipping to India) directly from 70mai - got the package about a month back, yet to find time to swap the A500S with this one - as the power cable is different and hence need go back to Skoda dealer, to get the cable routed properly. I see this model is now available under launch offer for 19999 in NEXDIGITRON in India (and feeling idiotically happy at saving some 5K with my direct purchase though making my 8K worth A500S redundant )
Thanks Old Dude, for the detailed reply. I am thinking of going with 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S single channel as you mentioned there is power connection issue for the back cam.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 12th June 2023 at 04:35. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
Old 11th June 2023, 23:47   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
1)
However, Skoda had thought ahead about simply clever buyers like me and put in 12V sockets in front and back, that stays powered on even if the car is turned off - Either I risk draining the battery with the dashcam staying on, or if I set the dashcam to automatically turn off 5 mins after becoming stationary, and every time I restart the car, I have to go around, open the boot, unplug and replug the dash cam power plug into the 12V socket. So, long answer is I’ve fixed dash cam only in the front yet, and holding the second dashcam trying to figure out how to outsmart Skoda without voiding warranty or shoddy wiring. Any suggestions from other Simply Clever BHPians?
Quote:
Thanks Old Dude, for the detailed reply. I am thinking of going with 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S single channel as you mentioned there is power connection issue for the back cam.
Can we partially solve for this by using dashcam with parking mode/motion detectors? Atleast reduce the demand of power on battery?

Also from what I know dashcam hardwire kits come with adapters which cut off power when battery voltage falls below certain levels. I am hoping Skoda would have something similar for their 12 volt sockets. Have asked my SA to get some info on this. Let’s see what he comes back with.
sameerg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 06:59   #1227
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks freebear. Do you know if the Form-22 would still claim BS6 only and not BS6 Phase-2?
Vehicle Norms- BHARAT STAGE VI. This is what I see in the RC. There is no phase-2.
freebear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 07:42   #1228
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the Big Bear. I too got a lava blue L&K in Apr ( Feb 23 Manufactured) and is probably the first BS6.2 models delivered in Chennai. It was billed as OBD2 ( denoting the RDE complaint engine) but the RC card only mentions it as BS6. This model iteration is further identified with the subtle new additions such as Door edge protectors, Spoiler finlets at the rear and the Foot rests.

I am not too sure if the engine is EVO4 though and I too don't yet have any official word on the E20 situation but I have come to peace on that already as it would be a while until E20 will become the norm and we should rather utilize the vehicle to maximum extent with the current E12 fuels. I am sure they would be a solution to E20 when the time comes.

Although please stick to XP95 that is now widely available at Indian Oil. It makes the engine further refined and fuel efficient.
Thanks a ton for the clarification! This puts my mind at ease.

I was guessing it is EV04 engine based on the below thread. I was guessing the ex showroom price increase was probably to meet BS6 phase-2 with EV04 engine.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...eb-2023-a.html (Scoop! Skoda Superb & Octavia production to end in Feb 2023)
Old 12th June 2023, 10:11   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
I made a booking recently and waiting for the vehicle. The SA and his Manager told me not to go for BP as the quality is not that great. They recommended 70mai from Amazon.
Were they willing to help install 70mai?
Old 12th June 2023, 13:10   #1230

Quote:
Were they willing to help install 70mai?
Yes. Mentioned they already installed a few.
sahak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks