Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2022, 00:25   #526
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Yes. It's assembled at Aurangabad not at Chakan.

Strange thing happening at dealership, they asking for full 100% even before the PDI. No VIN, no nothing.

I am skeptical that if they are passing out a defective one?

Only getting "Sir this is CKD unit, no chance of defective product, it's in sealed packaging that can't be opened before full payment is done. That's the order by the management."

Here is tentative quote.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-screenshot_20220525174904_whatsappbusiness.jpg  

Old 26th May 2022, 01:12   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post

Strange thing happening at dealership, they asking for full 100% even before the PDI. No VIN, no nothing.

I am skeptical that if they are passing out a defective one?

Only getting "Sir this is CKD unit, no chance of defective product, it's in sealed packaging that can't be opened before full payment is done. That's the order by the management."

Here is tentative quote.
Don’t fall for it. You DO NOT need to make full payment before PDI.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 01:20   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Don’t fall for it. You DO NOT need to make full payment before PDI.
Right. I will not. Can fellow owners shed some light on this phenomenon if they faced it.

Sales manager says 'post covid things are changed now sir'.

And I also see it's seller's market not the buyer's one, but still this is ridiculous.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 10:42   #529
AKB
BHPian

Quote:
Right. I will not. Can fellow owners shed some light on this phenomenon if they faced it.
My experience was different. They shared VIN while the vehicle was in transit. I requested them that I would want to do PDI before they invoice, and they were fine with that.
AKB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 11:27   #530
BHPian

Quote:

Sales manager says 'post covid things are changed now sir'.

And I also see it's seller's market not the buyer's one, but still this is ridiculous.
The more desperate you are the more they fleece you. They cannot afford to slide you down the booking at their whims unless you genuinely fail to make payment. My understanding is VINs are assigned by Skoda directly against a booking unless its a dealership paid unit. Email Skoda making it clear that you have the payment ready but the dealership is throwing tantrums. This should get them in line. But as others mentioned do not fall for this trap of having to pay upfront and that CKD units are defect free. Except for Kushaq and Slavia, every offering from Skoda is a CKD and dealers share the VIN once its assigned to you.

Last edited by SR-71 : 26th May 2022 at 11:30.
SR-71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 11:43   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like this is the new norm with dealers, given the imbalanced demand-supply equation these days. For my Nexon EV, I was refused PDI by the dealer till I paid up in full, or at least gave them a cheque for the full amount. I found this ridiculous too, since I never faced this prior to this whole Covid-19/chip-shortage mayhem. Problem is that if you dilly-dally, there are 10 customers in line, waiting to get their hands on the car with full payment ready; that is how bad the situation is these days

Try to put some pressure on the dealer and see if they are okay with a partial payment or similar. All the best
cool_dube is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 11:54   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Can fellow owners shed some light on this phenomenon if they faced it.
I did face this. Considering how much Kodiaq was/is in demand, I fell for it. This is after me knowing my SA who mentioned pressure is from the top.
You can be conservative but what @cool_dube said below is reality.

Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Problem is that if you dilly-dally, there are 10 customers in line, waiting to get their hands on the car with full payment ready; that is how bad the situation is these days

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th May 2022 at 12:20. Reason: Very minor typo.
Jangra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 15:22   #533
BHPian

Quote:

You can Pay the Ex-showroom amount after VIN number is handed to you and pay the remaining amount after PDI. Looking at the waiting list for kodiaq, PDI is almost becoming a 5 min formality.

VIN number can be given before the car is shipped from the Skoda plant.

Call Skoda CC and make sure that VIN number is on your name.
hrishig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 18:17   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
The more desperate you are the more they fleece you. They cannot afford to slide you down the booking at their whims unless you genuinely fail to make payment. Email Skoda making it clear that you have the payment ready but the dealership is throwing tantrums. This should get them in line.
I have mailed Skoda about the same, but I also don't want to irk dealership from external pressure, that may be damaging in long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKB View Post
My experience was different. They shared VIN while the vehicle was in transit. I requested them that I would want to do PDI before they invoice, and they were fine with that.
Good to know. That's the way things should actually work like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Looks like this is the new norm with dealers, given the imbalanced demand-supply equation these days. For my Nexon EV, I was refused PDI by the dealer till I paid up in full, or at least gave them a cheque for the full amount. I found this ridiculous too, since I never faced this prior to this whole Covid-19/chip-shortage mayhem. Problem is that if you dilly-dally, there are 10 customers in line, waiting to get their hands on the car with full payment ready; that is how bad the situation is these days.
Try to put some pressure on the dealer and see if they are okay with a partial payment or similar. All the best.
Can't agree with you more. Sales manager has already softly told me that
'Sir, if you can't arrange funds in time then we may have to refund the amount for the same. As there is literally do or die situation among customers for Kodiaq. And getting Kodiaq is itself a privilege.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
I did face this. Considering how much Kodiaq was/is in demand, I fell for it. This is after me knowing my SA who mentioned pressure is from the top.
You can be conservative but what @cool_dube said below is reality.
Good luck
Sales manager says the same, instructions are from higher management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
You can Pay the Ex-showroom amount after VIN number is handed to you and pay the remaining amount after PDI. Looking at the waiting list for kodiaq, PDI is almost becoming a 5 min formality.

VIN number can be given before the car is shipped from the Skoda plant.

Call Skoda CC and make sure that VIN number is on your name.
VIN is there with the dealership, they aren't just disclosing it to me before full payment. Only relief is from central customer care, that too I don't want to press dealership much. They might not be disclosing VIN as they are in mood to hand it over to another customer (first out of ten), in case I fail to release the payment in time.

Thanks to all BHPians for the inputs, will keep updating as things move forward.

Last edited by manson : 26th May 2022 at 18:24. Reason: Deleted empty rows.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 19:17   #535
BHPian

My dealer gave me the vin number without creating any trouble. I also told him that I want to see the vehicle and they readily agreed. They didn't link it to payment. At least not yet.
motorhead5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 22:01   #536
AKB
BHPian

Quote:
I have mailed Skoda about the same, but I also don't want to irk dealership from external pressure, that may be damaging in long run.
Just to highlight that these are sales folks and will not interact with you again. Once the vehicle is sold, they are gone. Service folks are the ones you want to build relationship with.
AKB is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 23:04   #537

Expecting delivery of Kodiaq next week.

Coming back to the previously discussed subject in this thread of PPF/Ceramic coating (my first time), am seeing a few service providers online but finding it difficult to gauge workmanship quality or reliability. Will appreciate PMs or posts with any specific leads or some first hand feedback on reliable installers/ workshops in Mumbai. Would getting this done by the dealer be any safer? Thanks in advance.
Old 30th May 2022, 09:23   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKB View Post
Just to highlight that these are sales folks and will not interact with you again. Once the vehicle is sold, they are gone. Service folks are the ones you want to build relationship with.
Not really true always. Some ofthe smarter sales folks tend to maintain relationships, and explore benefits from your networks. My sales guy from Toyota does exactly that, and i have referred customers to him and he has referred his sales prospects to me for feedback on him and the brand.

The issue i see is that in somecases, sales guys have no say with the service folks. The service folks at Toyota here have good respect for customers but do not even talk properly to their own sales staff, and that drastically reduces their leverage. Have noticed this in Jeep too. Strange but true sometimes

Last edited by achyutaghosh : 30th May 2022 at 09:26.
achyutaghosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 22:20   #539
BHPian

Completed 5000 kms. Some random clicks of my Kodiaq on nearby trips.

The swirl marks are becoming an eye sore now so thinking of doing an ceramic coat for the same. Carsbuddy in Bengaluru is quoting Rs.55k for an ‘Platimum’ package. 7 microns think coat and 5 years warranty with yearly maintenance. Thoughts on this and are there other options I should consider?
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-50a2c1ef94274785a49cd6696a6702f6.jpeg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-40b0e6fa3010457a872f421fee926d7c.jpeg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-fb672fafd9fb441eb8cb0e9abdee4ec4.jpeg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-17acf8d58765400a9042b017bbbef0ce.jpeg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-ac164b32f3ed470b9df93ae87a855326.jpeg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-9a6e3b7f144145e19beab6a9fb2e1d96.jpeg  

pk1972 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 23:58   #540
BHPian

Finally.. the bear has landed. Photo after they unloaded the car from the container. PDI done. Hope to get delivery in 4-5 days
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img20220531wa0010.jpg  

motorhead5 is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks