Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2022, 18:05   #466
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Between Shell normal and XP95, I will go for XP95 any day.
What difference did you notice between these two?
Old 21st April 2022, 02:22   #467
BHPian

How is the Reliance pumps for petrol for 2.0 TSI if anybody is using it.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 10:27   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Extended Warranty is a No brainer looking at the history of Skoda Service. There are many threads on the same. Skoda Maintenance Package is useful based on your usage (on paper.) But many members take the maintenance package for peace of mind.
Would the extended warranty cover DSG failure if it happens during the 6 year extended warranty period
Old 21st April 2022, 20:35   #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpak View Post
Hi,

Any thoughts on taking the Extended Warranty for 5th & 6th Year @83,999/- AND the Skoda Maintenance Package @65,799/- along with the new Kodiaq ?

If someone has studied the fine print on the extended warranty and the SMP and can share views on what all is covered and what is excluded it would be most helpful.

Thanks
Buy it without any hesitation. Think of it as extra maintainence cost. It takes care of any DSG failures, multi clutch issues which are very critical among other things. I bought EW for my superb and the fsg failed a month after buying it.
Old 24th April 2022, 13:37   #470

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Per Skoda website, all Kodiaq deliveries from April 1 will be sold with the new price.
They've sold out for 2022. So I am told by a Skoda executive when I made an enquiry.
Old 24th April 2022, 15:38   #471
BHPian

Took delivery of my Graphite Grey L&K on 14th April. I got very lucky as the dealership till the first week of April had no clue when the car would get allotted. Fortunately, for me two customers who had booked this color cancelled their booking and refused to take delivery because of the price hike. The agent called me and asked me if I was interested and I resounded with a loud yes. I went to their stockyard on 10th April and checked out the car and did not notice any issues. The next day I made the payment and submitted the necessary documents and brought her home on 14th April. On the day of the delivery the dealership sales head told me that it is the first Graphite Grey being delivered in Delhi NCR.

The cherry on the cake was an upcoming wedding in Himachal just a few days after taking the delivery. So, I got a chance to take the Grey Bear to its natural habitat - the mountains. The journey was around 1000kms in total and was a mix of city, highway and mountain roads. I loved every minute of the journey. I am sharing some observations from the journey:

- The 2.0L engine and DSG combo is brilliant. Serves up power when required without any hesitation. The gear shifts are also very smooth. I sometimes felt that there was a lack of promptness to react to the pedal inputs on some very steep inclines.
- The Hill Descent Control was really nice when going downhill, this was the first time I have driven a car with this feature and it was really helpful.
- The seats are very supportive and comfortable for long journeys. The drive itself is very comfortable and I loved the fact that I can customize the driving mode and suspension.
- The NVH levels are very good and the cabin is very silent. This really helps in making the journey less fatiguing.
- Visibility overall is very good and even driving at night was confidence inspiring. However, the 360 degree camera resolution could have been better.
- The infotainment unit is easy to use and wireless connectivity is very fast and reliable. The Canton speakers do a decent job but sometimes the rear passengers complained that it wasn't loud enough. Also, the screen should have ideally been slightly bigger.
- The A/C is very effective which is a relief as the A/C on my Taigun in comparison is very ineffective and takes a long time to cool the cabin. The physical buttons for the A/C unit are very intuitive and easy to use.
- I guess the only major drawback I can share is the Fuel Efficiency. I am sharing a snapshot of the journey below in one of the pictures. In my other cars I would easily get an average of 18 to 20. I am not complaining though, as I very well knew what I was getting into. Need to try XP95 next time, these figures are with 'normal' fuel throughout the journey.

The car is brilliant to drive and an absolute looker, I always have a smile on my face every time I step out after a drive. Sharing a few pictures below.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-front.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-back.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-bumper.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-screen.jpg
TurbochargedT is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 21:09   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbochargedT View Post
Took delivery of my Graphite Grey L&K on 14th April.
Congrats and all the best. Still waiting and expecting delivery in May, but secretly hoping to get luck as you did

Did you consider PPF or any other protection option?
Old 24th April 2022, 21:19   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaSNKL View Post
Congrats and all the best. Did you consider PPF or any other protection option?
Thanks and wishing you lots of luck. I am not going to go for PPF. Might go for Ceramic Coating.
Old 25th April 2022, 09:25   #474
BHPian

Congrats on your acquisition. Great, detailed and in depth review as always. Keep up the good work
Surya1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 12:39   #475
BHPian

Congratulations on the early delivery. I can't wait to get my hands on it, delivery expected in August. Hoping that the launch of the Jeep Meridien might influence some people to cancel their bookings but only 2 cars scheduled for delivery in Noida till August, doesn't actually give me too much confidence. Many congratulations to you nonetheless.
Old 25th April 2022, 13:32   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram_agg View Post
Congratulations on the early delivery. I can't wait to get my hands on it, delivery expected in August.
Thank you! Which color have you booked ? There is a high demand for Black, Blue and White and apparently people are ready to pay the full amount in advance even before the car is dispatched to the dealer. I am doubtful the Jeep Meridian will take away a large chunk of the Kodiaq audience because of the weak engine figures. However, if they price it better than the Kodiaq then no doubt they can grab the attention of the prospective buyers.

Wishing you lots of luck for an early delivery.
TurbochargedT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 13:54   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! Which color have you booked ? There is a high demand for Black, Blue and White and apparently people are ready to pay the full amount in advance even before the car is dispatched to the dealer. I am doubtful the Jeep Meridian will take away a large chunk of the Kodiaq audience because of the weak engine figures. However, if they price it better than the Kodiaq then no doubt they can grab the attention of the prospective buyers.

Wishing you lots of luck for an early delivery.
Thanks much , I have booked white in the L&K trim and I agree with you on the Meridiens weak engine options but as an urban SUV, it should not matter much. People did buy the 2.2 of the Endy and the smaller engine option of the Fortuner. Also, a lot of Kodiaq buyers, like me, will be using it for the city only, so Meridien can be an option.

The biggest problem right now that I have come across and I believe people have found out after the onset of covid, is that, you will not be able to buy a car instantly. Nothing is ready with anyone, there's a good waiting time for every vehicle.
Vikram_agg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 14:14   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of my Graphite Grey L&K on 14th April. I got very lucky as the dealership till the first week of April had no clue when the car would get allotted.

The car is brilliant to drive and an absolute looker, I always have a smile on my face every time I step out after a drive.
Undoubtedly, this one looks outright beautiful and the colour looks really great. Wishing you many more miles on your new ride.
Since you also own Taigun, would like to hear a few things on the indifference in quality of both the vehicles if you have noticed anything.
Old 25th April 2022, 15:08   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Wishing you many more miles on your new ride.
Since you also own Taigun, would like to hear a few things on the indifference in quality of both the vehicles if you have noticed anything.
Thank you! I dont think its fair to compare the two but here goes just for the sake of the discussion - The Taigun and Kodiaq are miles apart when it comes to fit and finish for obvious reasons. The Kodiaq screams luxury and in the Taigun you can notice the cost cutting but it is not too bad.

However, the Taigun is no slouch I have the Topline 1.0 TSI AT and I never feel the lack of power in the city. I can only imagine the 1.5 must be a mini rocket. If I am driving around in the city I prefer the Taigun because of its compact size and brilliant drive. The Kodiaq obviously is more confidence inspiring at high speeds and is the more refined and comfortable of the two and also gets way more features.

I can't find many faults in the Kodiaq but I have a list for the Taigun - the a/c is one of the worst I have experienced and then there is the lack of electric power seats, 360 degree camera, drive modes to name a few glaring omissions. The Taigun also had some vibrations and door squeaking from the very next day of delivery.

Having said all of that, I love both of them equally and I am more than happy behind the wheels of both the cars. Like I said the Taigun is brilliant for the city and has more than enough power to put a smile on your face. The Kodiaq is the perfect road-trip companion with the 4*4 capability and ample of space. You can't go wrong with any of the two.

Last edited by TurbochargedT : 25th April 2022 at 15:18.
TurbochargedT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 15:22   #480
BHPian

Quote:
- I guess the only major drawback I can share is the Fuel Efficiency. I am sharing a snapshot of the journey below in one of the pictures.
Congratulations on your new acquisition. It looks beautiful.
Trust me, fuel efficiency of 12.8kmpl for 2.0TSI is actually very good and it won't be much better than this.
OffRoadFun is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed