Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2022, 11:43   #376
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
PPF is now done, adding a few pictures.
Looks stunning. Can you let us know how much it cost for you to get this done for the Kodiaq and the brand used pls?

Thanks

Last edited by Axe77 : 14th March 2022 at 10:57. Reason: Fixing quote box.
Old 10th March 2022, 16:49   #377
BHPian

Ive now been told June 2022. Don't really believe them anymore. Considering cancelling my booking now. How can you trust a brand that takes its customers for a ride....even before the rude actually starts!
Skoda India is really messing up here. If they are just transparent and honest, things would be better. Sure their dealers are also doing shady things like selling someone's mature booking at a premium.... If that's the case then they and Skoda are one criminal case away from a major PR debacle and reputation dent.
Old 10th March 2022, 17:56   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
wants a snobbish 7 seater
Kodiaq is neither snobbish nor a 7 seater. It has the same understated elegance that you find in its VAG siblings. And those last 2 seats in the rear or just a joke. So IMHO the Kodiaq does not fit the bill if those were the words your friend describes his requirement with. Curious, since he is OK with the Kodiaq's pricing, has he looked at the Fortuner. I only ask as it carries both the snob value and is a 7 seater and will be available to him in few weeks post booking.
Old 12th March 2022, 21:40   #379
BHPian

Driven 200 kms in a week and below are my initial impressions. Will do an ownership review once I spend couple of months with the car.

1. Beautiful inside out. Attracts a lot of attention especially the Lava blue during the day. Everything you touch inside are soft and nice to touch / use. This car defines "Value Luxury" for what is offers at the price point.
2. Car drives very well - this is my first German car and can feel the difference to my earlier cars(Japanese & Korean). Everything is screwed together well, no rattles, squeaks and glides over good roads. The engine is fantastic and I have almost stopped looking at what gear the car is in - the DSG does its job so well.
3. Have driven only inside town and ride quality is very good and comfortable (in Normal mode). Only opportunity to stretch beyond 80kmph was in Bengaluru airport road earlier today. Promptly was flagged down by traffic cops and paid an fine of Rs.1000. As per them I was doing 97 kmph and I did not feel the speed
4. The digital cockpit is awesome and everything is customizable. Found my favorite for now.
5. Infotainment works well - Apple car play connected in under an minute and works very well. The audio is really good and I am enjoying hearing all my collections one after the other.
6. Seats , mirrors, lighting etc. adjusted and feel very comfortable with the same.
7. 360 camera is very useful. I have kept the sensor sensitivity to "Medium" and it shows other objects coming near while driving. The beeps can get annoying but very useful in tight spots.
8. Have kept the lights on "Auto" and let the car do its own thing. Have not faced any issues so far and works an intended - good brightness and range in the city.
9. Getting 8.5 kmpl till now with 150/200 kms in city with moderate to heavy traffic. I am using Shell V Power petrol.

Not so likes / yet to figure out -

1. Climate control - last 2-3 days have been hot (as per Bengaluru standards). The auto climate control makes the re-circulation off and effectiveness is very low. You will melt by the time the auto catches-up with the cooling you want. I am keeping it in manual and adjusting the blowers till I am comfortable and then switching it to auto. My earlier car Creta (1st Gen) did a stellar job with auto AC.
2. Infotainment is tiny and pre-historic. At this price point, definitely needs to be updated.
3. User manual is common for all models and I am not sure what my car is equipped with many times. Lots of trial & errors.
4. The car does feel BIG. My test drive was on outer ring road which is reasonable wide but you will feel the size on regular city roads.

Overall very happy with the car and happy with the choice I made especially at this price point. If you do not care for brand snob value and can tolerate Skoda & their ways of running their business, this will be an compelling option to consider.

Now the big question and will appreciate members thoughts - Should I do PPF or should I just do detailing once in 6 months? PPF costs for xcel without roof is approximately Rs.1.5 lacs.

Last edited by pk1972 : 12th March 2022 at 21:43. Reason: fixed spelling
pk1972 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 23:22   #380
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase and wish you many happy miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
4. The digital cockpit is awesome and everything is customizable. Found my favorite for now.
Can you put a snapshot of your favourite view?

Quote:
Now the big question and will appreciate members thoughts - Should I do PPF or should I just do detailing once in 6 months? PPF costs for xcel without roof is approximately Rs.1.5 lacs.
I haven’t bothered for PPF but do not feel strongly against it. I just did not want to spend the cost of full repainting job to protect the paint. But each to it’s own. I’m getting my car cleaner to clean with my microfibres cloths under my supervision once a week. And I’m taking care of the interior cleaning process. I find it therapeutic
Jangra is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 17:13   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats and all the best, pk1972.

I am waiting for mine and will get it hopefully by May. After considering the pluses and minuses, I am convinced to go for PPF. Will most probably go for LLUMAR Valor, which combines paint protection and ceramic benefits.
BalaSNKL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 20:12   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaSNKL View Post
Congrats and all the best, pk1972.

I am waiting for mine and will get it hopefully by May. After considering the pluses and minuses, I am convinced to go for PPF. Will most probably go for LLUMAR Valor, which combines paint protection and ceramic benefits.
ok. Any idea what is the price for LLUMAR for Kodiaq? Excel seems very steep and hence my hesitation on it. I did go to Carsbuddy in Bengaluru and saw an in-progress car being wrapped in PPF. They do an good job - no cutting on the car, bumpers, lights, handles are removed to wrap the PPF and then fitted again. Will think some more before deciding on this.

I do think I will go ahead with the sun films given my frequent trips to TN and the weather there.
Old 13th March 2022, 23:30   #383
BHPian

Quote:
I wouldn't personally go for it. My reasons are that it's too expensive and would be useless if there is a non trivial dent. And the question of whether I would be benefiting from it or the next owner when I sell it?

I feel some level of care while cleaning and once a year detailing would be enough and more value for money compared to spending 1.5L upfront
Old 14th March 2022, 11:33   #384
BHPian

Quote:
ok. Any idea what is the price for LLUMAR for Kodiaq? Excel seems very steep and hence my hesitation on it. I did go to Carsbuddy in Bengaluru and saw an in-progress car being wrapped in PPF. They do an good job - no cutting on the car, bumpers, lights, handles are removed to wrap the PPF and then fitted again. Will think some more before deciding on this.
You mentioned Xpel costing about Rs. 1.5 lakhs. LLUMAR Platinum will cost a little less and LLUMAR Valor will cost a little more.

Once you made peace with the cost, the most important factor is the installer. Good team should be able to do a good job without having to remove anything other than the door handles, which I understand are quite easy to remove.
BalaSNKL is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 13:16   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaSNKL View Post
Once you made peace with the cost, the most important factor is the installer. Good team should be able to do a good job without having to remove anything other than the door handles, which I understand are quite easy to remove.
Cost for Stek shield / Llumar platinum will be around 1.65 Lacs aprx.

Stek Dyno/ Llumar Velor will be 1.90 Lacs Aprx

Have you identified a good installer yet?
Old 14th March 2022, 17:45   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
Will probably be the authorised installer only.
Old 14th March 2022, 20:57   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Kodiaq bags the Premium SUV of the Year at the TopGear Awards 2022.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20220314_205336.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20220314_205450.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 23:52   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
Cost for Stek shield / Llumar platinum will be around 1.65 Lacs aprx.

Stek Dyno/ Llumar Velor will be 1.90 Lacs Aprx

Wow ~2 lakhs for plastic films
We have to put another bull bar to protect these films from getting damaged
sunikkat is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 11:39   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Skoda Kodiaq bags the Premium SUV of the Year at the TopGear Awards 2022.

Attachment 2284792

Attachment 2284793
They should have posted the car on a "Missing Persons" poster

Although this award should not sway any buying discussion - the majority of the votes for this category were almost equally shared among the Kodiaq (25%+), Compass (25%+) and Tiguan (24%+). All great choices.
solaris007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 12:58   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
They should have posted the car on a "Missing Persons" poster

Although this award should not sway any buying discussion - the majority of the votes for this category were almost equally shared among the Kodiaq (25%+), Compass (25%+) and Tiguan (24%+). All great choices.
Rightly said. Each of these cars fit a certain profile of buyer, but all good choices.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks