Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2024, 12:27   #2011
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Congratulations on the sought after car in the segment.
Thank you. It is indeed.

Quote:
In one of the trips we drove our Kodiaq from Chennai to Mumbai and back, it didn't break a sweat!
So glad to hear that. Except for a short trip to Coimbatore, I've not been able to test the capabilities of Kodiaq as yet. I was using my Scross 1.6 alternatively until it got sold few days ago. Hoping for good memories with Kodiaq too going forward.

Quote:
Good call on replacing the stock rubbers. They dont quite belong to this SUV. For now I am keeping them on but how does the ride feel with the Michelins ?
Have always been a fan of Michelins and all my previous cars had them on day one right after coming out of the showroom. They have always been super reliable on comfort, braking (dry, wet road conditions) and without any side wall issues for that matter . So i didn't even think twice about changing from MRFs to Michelin latitude although i hear MRFs are quite decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ05 View Post
Congrats for picking up the best car for <50 L in India. I too picked up Kodiaq TDI recently.
Congratulations. Are you referring to a pre-worshipped one in diesel avatar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ05 View Post
Do update the thread of the Dashcam you are going to install. I am also looking to install in my Kodiaq.
Member vjbox has already responded and I think that is one of the best ways to install it. As far as the brand of dashcam is concerned I've still not decided. But going through the dashcam thread in team bhp and few other sources 70mai, Viofo, Inaxes, DdPai seems to be some of the options for now.

Last edited by Keynote : 16th September 2024 at 12:34.
Old 17th September 2024, 13:36   #2012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
Getting rid of the speed chimes
How did you do this? Did it not void your warranty?
Old 17th September 2024, 22:55   #2013

Quote:
From Economy Class to Business Class

After deciding to upgade from Scross 1.6, test drove Mercedes Benz GLA, BMW X1, Audi Q3, Toyota Camry, Skoda Kodiaq, Volkswagen Tiguan, Ioniq 5, BYD Atto3, Hyundai Tuscon and XUV700.
Hello, congratulations on your new purchase. It's a stunning car

Just. Curious, what made you pick kodiaq when compared to Tiguan and also to Camry?
I'm a huge sedan fan boy and wanted to know your take and experience of test driving these cars and picking one
Old 18th September 2024, 14:56   #2014
BHPian

Someone please apprise me about the working of the automatic wipers. I was thinking the wiper comes on automatically even in the off position but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I recently kept the wiper on intermittent which worked on the initial swipe. This should ideally have moved the wipers into automatic mode on its own. Which apparently it did not.

Then I increased the intensity of the int swipes (denoted by droplets), and it still did not work even once on its own whilst it was drizzling. I had to repeatedly shift to the next setting manually to swipe.

Anyone else faced this issue or am I doing something wrong here?

Last edited by pratyaksh : 18th September 2024 at 14:57. Reason: s
Old 18th September 2024, 17:29   #2015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyaksh View Post
Someone please apprise me about the working of the automatic wipers. I was thinking the wiper comes on automatically even in the off position but that doesn't seem to be the case.
After setting the rain sensing auto wiping mode 'ON' in the vehicle setting, we have to keep the stalk in 'Intermittent' position.
I believe (did not get to test and prove yet, nor is it mentioned in the user manual), the levels in intermittent stage determines the sensitivity of auto sensing.

Initially setting to intermittent will initiate a one time wipe of the widhshield, after which it remains in 'auto'.
The user manual also notes that the wiping will be dependent on the speed of vehicle.

Last edited by sarathlal : 18th September 2024 at 17:35.
sarathlal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2024, 23:09   #2016
BHPian

Driven Innova Hycross to an intercity trip & noted following:

Better than Kodiaq:

1. ADAS works well beyond my expectations - distance calculations from front vehicle works even better but at slower speeds.

2. Space is pretty much better than Kodiaq - plenty of room everywhere.

3. 2nd row seats are way too comfortable - when fully reclined, you are free to doze off in minutes.

4. Driving position is more commanding.

5. EV mode is pure bliss - when vehicle starts to move, silence is eerie at times - you won't know when engine has ignited & engaged itself in.

6. Taillights are big & bright - gives sufficient information about vehicle size & braking distance.

7. 3rd row is actually usable - in Kodiaq it's just for kids or single lean fellow.

8. FE is easily at 16 KMPL atleast on highways.

Worse than Kodiaq:

1. Overall quality is big let down - coming from Kodiaq TSI, it feels very hollow everywhere. Crysta was way better.

2. Engine bay & hood feels necessarily bloated up to give butch looks - bay has lots of empty room inside.

3. Headlights - poor & very poor if it's raining even on high beams.

4. Engine feels breathless during strong accelerations - going back to 2.0 TSI feels like heaven.

5. Coming from DSG, shifts are smoother even at slow speeds but CVT rubber banding is evident immediately.

6. Suspension is noisy & lots of stuff gets into the cabin - Kodiaq DCC is unmatched in comfort mode.

7. Steering at times, feels disconnected from road - Kodiaq's feels so much grounded to the road.

8. Pure front wheel drive takes its toll during cornering - inspires less confidence.

9. Display unit resolution is inferior & feels cheap.

10. Horn - please upgrade.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20240915_213528.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20240916_204251.jpg

Concluded the following:

If you like to be driven around go for Hycross, if you like driving yourself, invest some more & go for Kodiaq.

Last edited by SilverSmoke : 18th September 2024 at 23:14. Reason: Additional information added.
SilverSmoke is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 19th September 2024, 08:12   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Driven Innova Hycross to an intercity trip & noted following:

Better than Kodiaq:
Spot on comparison - me experience is exactly the same. Couple of additional observations:

1) Auto 360 view camera implementation in Hycross felt more convenient. Heck, even Kia Sonnet 360 camera implementation is better, coming up automatically as the proximity sensors trigger, with a crisper view.

2) While my nephew’s Hycross having done about 12K Km is still relatively rattle free, one of the cabs I recently took from Bangalore airport which had done just 2000KM had a lot of rattling - seems the Hycross is less abuse friendly as compared to the Innova / Innova Crysta.
Old Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2024, 10:48   #2018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haren View Post
How did you do this? Did it not void your warranty?
There are various ways to do it. Please refer to the following team-bhp thread for more info : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...on-thread.html (VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread)

I personally used a friends OBD11 device when his annual subscription was just about to expire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SathyaV View Post
Hello, congratulations on your new purchase. It's a stunning car.Just. Curious, what made you pick kodiaq when compared to Tiguan and also to Camry? I'm a huge sedan fan boy and wanted to know your take and experience of test driving these cars and picking one
Thank you Sathya. Since the requirement was a 5 seater, Kodiaq was not even in the picture when i shortlisted cars for test drive and finally Kodiaq was the last car we test drove before we could own one

With ride quality, driving dynamics being some of the important and non-negotiable criterias, we found Kodiaq having a well balanced suspension set up. Dynamic Chasis Control was a definite game changer in the 2022 Kodiaq facelift. The review section in 1st page also has more info on the same. Go for a test drive of Koadiq and Tiguan back to back and you will know. Its a no brainer and the decision is very easy.

Test drive of Camry was good too (but not as fun as the Germans), it was being offered with 8 lakhs discount making its on road cost just under ~50 lakhs. But i think the Heart wanted something else.

The overall feel good factor was down to just 2 cars in the end and it was between 2024 Mercedes Benz GLA facelift 220 D (~68 lakhs on road) and 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift in L&K variant (~53 lakhs on road) and in the end we picked Skoda Kodiaq L&K at 46.50 lakhs on road after all the discounts.

Like many have mentioned already Kodiaq feels like a 60-70 lakhs SUV / Crossover, is luxurious, is FAST on highway when on Sport mode, has a magic ride quality when on comfort mode. Besides all the positives of Kodiaq, it also allowed us save 20+ lakhs in comparison to the GLA

Last edited by Keynote : 20th September 2024 at 11:06.
Keynote is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2024, 18:55   #2019
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Test drive of Camry was good too (but not as fun as the Germans), it was being offered with 8 lakhs discount making its on road cost just under ~50 lakhs. But i think the Heart wanted something else.

The overall feel good factor was down to just 2 cars in the end and it was between 2024 Mercedes Benz GLA facelift 220 D (~68 lakhs on road) and 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift in L&K variant (~53 lakhs on road) and in the end we picked Skoda Kodiaq L&K at 46.50 lakhs on road after all the discounts.
Carry is just a normal family sedan. It's not a performance or luxury car. So no point in expecting anything else from it.
Coming to Skoda. It's just a cheaper version of Volkswagen, one step above Seat. No way it can or will perform like a Mercedes whatever the feeling . That's why it's way cheaper than the Mercedes. I have owned Mercedes cars, driven VW and Skoda cars. I never felt that Skoda = Mercedes.

Last edited by KarthikK : 20th September 2024 at 20:15. Reason: Fixed the missing quote tags
Old 21st September 2024, 02:02   #2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by White bird View Post
Coming to Skoda. It's just a cheaper version of Volkswagen, one step above Seat. No way it can or will perform like a Mercedes whatever the feeling . That's why it's way cheaper than the Mercedes. I have owned Mercedes cars, driven VW and Skoda cars. I never felt that Skoda = Mercedes.
I will take the Kodiaq over the GLA even if the GLA was priced cheaper.
thefourthdriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2024, 05:48   #2021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From Economy Class to Business Class

After deciding to upgade from Scross 1.6, test drove Mercedes Benz GLA, BMW X1, Audi Q3, Toyota Camry, Skoda Kodiaq, Volkswagen Tiguan, Ioniq 5, BYD Atto3, Hyundai Tuscon and XUV700. ]
Congratulations on a great buy. Kodiaq / Tiguan would have been my pick too in a SUV in that price range. I find it a better buy than Q3/GLA/X1. Wish you many miles of safe driving.

Couple of questions:

I see you were open for diesels too and Tucson was on contention? What made you pick Kodiaq over Tucson. Curious to know the reason as from monthly sales Petrol only Kodiaq is doing better numbers than Tucson. Personally I have found Kodiaq much superior in ride and handling and high speed stability.

Is 68 lakhs OTR for GLA after discounts? If yes, honestly don’t think it’s worth.

Any plans for PPF or ceramic? Yes, the sun films does make a lot of difference.
sunikkat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2024, 09:38   #2022
BHPian

Setting AC profile to High

I have seen many of us complain of time taken by the AC to cool the cabin down in the Kodiaq. While the Kodiaq does have a large cabin with a large glasshouse to cool down and the AC blast is not ice cold as in some Japanese cars, you can set the AC profile to high that has improved the cooling speed for me. Sharing screen shots below as this may be of help to someone who has not explored this so far.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_0190.jpeg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_0191.jpeg  

Old Dude is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2024, 21:35   #2023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
What made you pick Kodiaq over Tucson. Curious to know the reason as from monthly sales Petrol only Kodiaq is doing better numbers than Tucson. Personally I have found Kodiaq much superior in ride and handling and high speed stability.
A bit of unsolicited opinion - I had taken back to back test drives of the Tucson ( petrol & diesel) and the Kodiaq before deciding on the Kodiaq. While the petrol Tucson was grossly underpowered and uninspiring to drive, the diesel was very peppy. However, what sealed the deal for me for spending extra 9 L and going for the Kodiaq was the “ Luxury” feel Kodiaq gave me - touch, feel and refinement in every bit that was superior to the Tuscon - be it the engine or gear shifts or how well damped each touch point and control knobs / buttons and suspension or the quality of the materials in the cabin were, not to mention the DCC. Overall the Kodiiaq made me feel special and pampered whereas that feel was missing in the Tucson. Further, there was a more perceivable throttle lag in the Tucson that robbed the fun out of driving. With the Kodiaq, I felt great whether I am driving sedately and in almost electric car silence or if I’m driving in a spirited manner. 19 months and 13K km later, I still can’t wipe the smile from my face every time I drive my Kodiaq.
Old Dude is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2024, 13:38   #2024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by White bird View Post
So be it. Not sure if you understood the context fully, but what I meant was, we did NOT see any value in paying ~20+ lakhs for a GLA in comparison to Kodiaq and many who have test driven them both may have similar opinions.

Oh by the way, while getting PPF done for my Kodiaq, I met a gentleman who happens to be CEO of a start up. He was there to take delivery of his new Mercedes E Class LWB in Graphite Grey after the PPF application was done on his car. To my surprise, he walked over to me and said "Congratulations, You've got yourself a nice car. I've also booked Kodiaq L&K in Lava Blue color and this car will be replacing my 5 year old BMW X1". Please note this is a true event and no exaggeration by any means.

Quote:
Congratulations on a great buy. Wish you many miles of safe driving.
Thank you sunikkat.

Quote:
I see you were open for diesels too and Tucson was on contention? What made you pick Kodiaq over Tucson. Curious to know the reason as from monthly sales Petrol only Kodiaq is doing better numbers than Tucson. Personally I have found Kodiaq much superior in ride and handling and high speed stability.
Coming from an Scross 1.6 (stage-1 remapped), Tuscon was my first choice of upgrade for a diesel automatic SUV/ Crossover with more space. But the test drive of Tuscon was the biggest disappointment. (No offence meant to current / future owners, please don't fire at me hereafter ) I test drove the diesel variant. Except for the cabin space, nice soft touch materials all around, latest and greatest features the overall drive feel was NOT what you expect in a ~45 lakhs rupees car. It was a very average driving feel. An important deal-breaker was the headlights in Tuscon. We did a long test drive of about ~100 kms in Kolar highway in the late evening, and the headlights in Tuscon were utterly useless. If there is oncoming traffic, the headlights don't illuminate the road and get fully drowned out. They were pretty similar to the Aplha variant of headlights of Scross which is pretty useless. Although I managed with upgrading to projector fog lamps in Scross, I was not prepared to fiddle around with electrical parts of headlights in Tuscon after spending 45 lakhs. I also fully concur with member "Old Dude" in the above post about his observation and opinion on Tuscon in comparison with Kodiaq.

Quote:
Is 68 lakhs OTR for GLA after discounts? If yes, honestly don’t think it’s worth.
2024 GLA was launched only in January and there were no discounts offered initially. However by March 2024, I was offered 1.50 lakhs discount as part of corporate benefit. So it came down to 66.5 lakhs in the end.

Quote:
Any plans for PPF or ceramic? Yes, the sun films does make a lot of difference.
Yes. I opted for STEK Dynoshield brand PPF that comes with 10 years warranty. For sun films, I might just go with the known brands such as 3M. Its not done yet, but will be shortly. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd September 2024 at 14:35. Reason: As requested.
Keynote is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2024, 19:49   #2025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Setting AC profile to High
Does it actually makes air more chill or pumps out more air via vents?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks