Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2024, 10:09   #1996
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthdriver View Post
Hi Guys,

I finally took delivery of the car on the 1st of September 2024. I was really lucky to get this one last back piece as there was no more in Guwahati/Calcutta
Today I’m again driving down to Guwahati and looking forward to the trip in the Kodiaq.
Congratulations! Wishing you safe trips.
KharbandaKartik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 11:21   #1997
BHPian

Quote:
I’m more concerned with having the best experience I can from the car I’ve bought.
Congratulations on your possession! What a lovely philosophy, enjoy as it is meant to be.

Quote:
And I’m cool with ŠKODA rejecting warranty claims where I have modified something that directing induces more stress on that component hence contributing to the failure.
Wish the car ages trouble free and you dont have to bother with warranty. I hope Skoda and/or dealer also remains fair in their assessment in case anything fails.
AsphaltNomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 12:09   #1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qodiak524 View Post
Asking because there is difference of more than 3% in circumference
Oh yeah forgot to mention since it’s exactly 3.18% so I’m hoping it is a very slight (0.18%) excursion from the normal upsize recommendation limit ~3%. Michelin didn’t have a good brand (only the latitude) in the OE size. In 235/60 R18 they had the Primacy SUV+ & the Pilot Sport 4 SUV.
thefourthdriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 00:19   #1999
BHPian

After owning the Skoda Kodiaq for a month, I’ve noticed a few nitpicks. Disclaimer: The Kodiaq is an amazing car, offering a lot for its price range, and I absolutely love it. These points are just small issues that I wanted to get off my chest.

No Dedicated Call Buttons
My 2016 Baleno had this feature, and it was extremely useful for picking up, ending, or muting phone calls. I miss having the ability to easily end calls, especially those dialed through the CarPlay system.

Rear/360 Camera Quality Could Be Better
When compared to recent cars or even the last-gen Octavia, the camera quality could have been improved. It’s decent, but not as sharp as one might expect for a car at this level.

Doors Could Have 2-Step Unlocking
Right now, the doors open in one shot without needing to unlock, which can be a safety issue. While this might be a European policy, I feel it should have been an optional setting that I could control.

Auto-AC Turns Off Cabin Recirculation
In India, where dust, odors, and poor air quality are common, the Auto-AC automatically turning off cabin recirculation for CO2 reasons feels like a flawed decision. I wish I could keep recirculation on when needed.

Normal Mode Accelerator Calibration Feels Lethargic
When compared to my friend’s 2023 Octavia, Kodiaq’s normal mode feels sluggish, almost like it requires sport mode to have the same responsiveness. The calibration could be tweaked to make it feel more lively, though I understand weight might play a role here.

Unable to Switch to Google Maps on the Instrument Cluster
The onboard maps on the instrument cluster are more of a party trick than something truly useful. I wish there was a way to integrate Google Maps for better usability, though I understand that would require cooperation between Apple, Google, and Skoda.

Wireless Charger Heats Up the Phone
The wireless charger doesn't work consistently, especially on uneven roads. Even when it does work on highways, it heats the phone up so much that I worry it could be a fire hazard.

AC Could Be Better
Despite being a modern car, the Kodiaq’s AC doesn’t cool the cabin as quickly as my old 2006 Baleno sedan. The larger cabin likely plays a role, but I expected better cooling performance.

Infotainment Cluster Feels Small
The 8-inch screen feels a bit cramped, especially when using the 360 and rear cameras while reversing. I can work around it by switching to different modes, but a bigger display would definitely be more comfortable.

Remote Functionality – Start the Engine & Turn On AC
I really wish the remote had the option to start the engine and turn on the AC at full speed. This would be especially useful in India when the car is parked under the hot sun.

MRF Tyres
Tyre could have been a bit better. There's noticeable road noise, and the performance on rough roads is just adequate at best. A more premium option might have enhanced the overall driving experience.

80/120 Speed Chime
The speed chime is probably the worst part. I absolutely hate the loudness and the choice of tone. They could have used the more subtle "Call Cabin Crew" tone like in the Octavia, which would have been much less intrusive.

I could go on, but considering that this is a 2016 generation car, it's truly incredible. Despite the minor issues, it still stands out as a remarkable vehicle.
gauthampait is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 12:25   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauthampait View Post
Unable to Switch to Google Maps on the Instrument Cluster
I wish there was a way to integrate Google Maps for better usability, though I understand that would require cooperation between Apple, Google, and Skoda.
Have you tried Apple Car play in case of Iphone. I am able to use Google Map through the App button in the infotainment screen.

Quote:

It heats the phone up so much that I worry it could be a fire hazard.
We have a thread in Team-BHP about Apple Iphone 15 overheating in wireless charging in BMW. Being part of the same group, I think the problem is related. I am avoiding charging my IPhone through wireless charger in the Kodiaq.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...hone-15-a.html (BMW's in-car wireless chargers could overheat & destroy new iPhone 15)
Old 11th September 2024, 23:59   #2001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somersault View Post
Have you tried Apple Car play in case of Iphone. I am able to use Google Map through the App button in the infotainment screen.
I am able to get it working on Infotainment Screen. I was looking for it to work on the virtual cockpit or instrument cluster display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somersault View Post
We have a thread in Team-BHP about Apple Iphone 15 overheating in wireless charging in BMW. Being part of the same group, I think the problem is related. I am avoiding charging my IPhone through wireless charger in the Kodiaq.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...hone-15-a.html (BMW's in-car wireless chargers could overheat & destroy new iPhone 15)
I am thinking of keeping a hard foam pad and sticking a MagSafe charger in the same spot. I will post this when if my project becomes successful
Old 12th September 2024, 00:54   #2002
BHPian

Quote:
I am able to get it working on Infotainment Screen. I was looking for it to work on the virtual cockpit or instrument cluster display.
I am unsure if this is possible, at least with the stock settings. The best I have gotten to is directional arrows in VC using Android Auto, even that doesn't seem to work with carplay.

Please do share if you get anywhere with this.
Old 12th September 2024, 06:59   #2003
BHPian

Quote:
After owning the Skoda Kodiaq for a month, I’ve noticed a few nitpicks. Disclaimer: The Kodiaq is an amazing car, offering a lot for its price range, and I absolutely love it. These points are just small issues that I wanted to get off my chest.
I have been able to make peace with most of these issues. The one which bugs me no end are the flimsy AC vent clips. Within a year, two of them have broken - and the icing on the cake is that they broke at the service station during the first free service. Breaking my head with the service station for free replacement since last one month.

I have no idea how these clips passed QC at the manufacturing stage. Appalling piece in an otherwise well put together car.

Now I have a mini screwdriver in the car to change vent position - must have Kodiaq accessory
Dosojin is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2024, 16:17   #2004
BHPian

From Economy Class to Business Class

After deciding to upgade from Scross 1.6, test drove Mercedes Benz GLA, BMW X1, Audi Q3, Toyota Camry, Skoda Kodiaq, Volkswagen Tiguan, Ioniq 5, BYD Atto3, Hyundai Tuscon and XUV700.

Finally picked up Kodiaq L&K in Lava Blue. Mind you, there is no perfect car and Kodiaq does have its own share of positives and negatives as well. However, this car is quite an all rounder, a superior product to most cars that are priced higher in comparison and is absolute value for money. It is more car per money and with the Skoda's online discounts on 24th of each month, it made the deal even more sweeter for us. Above all it is also one of those cars that punches above its weight in India At 46.50 lakhs on road Bangalore it is an absolute steal when compared to the prices of entry level luxury vehicles from the BIG 3 - namely Mercedes, BMW and Audi

As a family we liked the current model in comparison to the new one on the horizon and hence it did not make any sense to wait for new one in 2025 and ofcourse the proposed subsequent price hike. Lava Blue was the unanimous choice of color from family and a very close set of friends.

I've provided detailed information on booking and pricing in relevant team-bhp thread. I told the Sales Manager firmly that I won't be opting for the essential kit (~28K) which Skoda makes it mandatory for online bookings. However I did opt for the front and rear mud flaps which costed me 5K in total as accessories.

It's been 2 months since we got the car and so far we have only had pleasant experience, be it in the city or the highway drives.

Getting rid of the speed chimes, Stek Dynoshield PPF and Michellin Tyres in stock size are some of the things I've done so far after talking to few bhpians, friendly moderators and with the ones who own this Masterpiece. A huge thanks and round of applauses to them for their expert, unbiased advises

I plan to get the Dashcam, 3M CR70 all around glass areas and probably a darker tint for the Sunroof to reduce the incoming heat. Suggestions are most welcome.

Presenting my Kodiaq in Lava Blue color for viewing pleasure.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-kodiaq-45-front-logo.jpeg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-kodiaq-45-front-short.jpeg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-kodiaq-45-side-rear-short.jpeg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-kodiaq-45-rear-34.jpeg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-kodiaq-sunroof.jpeg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-kodiaq-side-front-tyres.jpeg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-kodiaq-side-rear-tyres.jpeg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-kodiaq-side-view-o-basement.jpeg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-kodiaq-lk-intro.jpeg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-kodiaq-rear-l-34.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 14th September 2024 at 19:48. Reason: As requested
Keynote is online now   (34) Thanks
Old 12th September 2024, 23:47   #2005
BHPian

Quote:

I drove the car down from Guwahati to Dibrugarh (~450 km)
Congratulations for the ride, the car looks great in Black. These CKD Skoda products are very desirable to own that i too had to take delivery of the last batches of Octavia from Solan, HP and had to drive it down 2000kms to Guwahati last year. Hope you have a great time with the beast.
LONG_TOURER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2024, 08:29   #2006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post

Getting rid of the speed chimes, Stek Dynoshield PPF and Michellin Tyres in stock size are some of the things I've done so far after talking to few bhpians, friendly moderators and with the ones who own this Masterpiece. A huge thanks and round of applauses to them for their expert, unbiased advises
Congratulations on the sought after car in the segment. It's going to continue putting smiles on your face everything you take it on a trip. In one of the trips we drove our Kodiaq from Chennai to Mumbai and back, it didn't break a sweat!

Good call on replacing the stock rubbers. They dont quite belong to this SUV. For now I am keeping them on but how does the ride feel with the Michelins ?
vjbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2024, 09:58   #2007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The wireless charger doesn't work consistently, especially on uneven roads. Even when it does work on highways, it heats the phone up so much that I worry it could be a fire hazard.
This is not limited to Kodiaq, it heats up in my 330Li and i20. These days I use only wired charging. I am using IPhone.
sunikkat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2024, 12:43   #2008

Quote:
I miss having the ability to easily end calls, especially those dialed through the CarPlay system.
While there is no dedicated end call button, you can end with the right side scrollbar on the steering wheel. Scroll down and then press. All you need is, the cluster you have on should be showing call progress. Sport mode doesn't, but classic and other one do support that. (I might be wrong with the cluster names, don't remember exactly)

Quote:
Right now, the doors open in one shot without needing to unlock, which can be a safety issue.
I prefer current one. City has the exact same behavior. I really hated the requirement to press a button in Seltos, when I used it for some time.

Quote:
Auto-AC Turns Off Cabin Recirculation
In India, where dust, odors, and poor air quality are common, the Auto-AC automatically turning off cabin recirculation for CO2 reasons feels like a flawed decision. I wish I could keep recirculation on when needed.
This can be coded. I went for coding, just to enable remembering recirculation and delete the speed chime.

Quote:
Yet to see a car which doesn't do this.
jishnu7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2024, 16:12   #2009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
From Economy Class to Business Class

I plan to get the Dashcam, 3M CR70 all around glass areas and probably a darker tint for the Sunroof to reduce the incoming heat. Suggestions are most welcome.

[/ATTACH]
Congrats for picking up the best car for <50 L in India. I too picked up Kodiaq TDI recently.

Do update the thread of the Dashcam you are going to install. I am also looking to install in my Kodiaq.
VJ05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2024, 18:56   #2010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ05 View Post
Congrats for picking up the best car for <50 L in India. I too picked up Kodiaq TDI recently.

Do update the thread of the Dashcam you are going to install. I am also looking to install in my Kodiaq.
You can hook it up yourself. Just get a DDpai Dashcam or something which comes with a long enough cable. Route it through the co passenger side A Pillar bringing it through vanity mirror. Tuck the wires into the rubber beading and bring it down via the glove box and then to the USB c port ( use a USB C to A adapter if needed) Don't use the 12v socket as it's always powered.

This is how I have installed in all my cars and looks neat without much of wires exposed.
vjbox is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks