Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2022, 22:43   #181
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Skoda India announces that Kodiaq is sold out for 2022.

Link
This is unbelievable and unacceptable at so many levels. Now considering both Octavia and Kodiaq being CKD, Octavia has been selling average of 190 units every month in 2021 since launch. If I go back to 2018 and 2019, Octavia almost sold 1.4 times Kodiaq every month.

Clearly tells that Octavia launch and inventories are planned way better. Sad for those of us who had shortlisted Kodiaq and did not book it.
Jangra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 09:22   #182
BHPian

With Škoda’s poor planning, exit of Ford, and Toyota moving the Fortuner up the price range the 30 to 40 lakh segment is open for the taking. We are also coming on to the time when a whole bunch of 1st gen Creta owners will be looking to upgrade further increasing the size of the pie.

I think Hyundai will swoop in with the Tucson and grab a large chunk of this demand. I hope Kia is planning the Sportage as well so that we have choice in this segment.
Silverfire is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 10:36   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
With Škoda’s poor planning, exit of Ford, and Toyota moving the Fortuner up the price range the 30 to 40 lakh segment is open for the taking. We are also coming on to the time when a whole bunch of 1st gen Creta owners will be looking to upgrade further increasing the size of the pie.

I think Hyundai will swoop in with the Tucson and grab a large chunk of this demand. I hope Kia is planning the Sportage as well so that we have choice in this segment.
I also think Hyundai / Kia should bring in the Telluride (if they have an RHD version yet) and Sorento to India and fill the Rs.35 - Rs.45 lacs (ex-showroom) range.

Will Jeep accelerate the launch of Commander? They almost have orders on the platter ...
pk1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 10:50   #184
BHPian

Does the Skoda Kodiaq being sold out has anything to do with the chip shortage? Kushaq has lost out on the auto folding ORVMs due to this. So maybe Skoda kept the production number small for Kodiaq as missing out key features on Kodiaq will be a bigger problem for Skoda considering the price range. Doing this does hurt their 2.0 strategy as right pointed out by fellow bhpian, as 30-40 lakhs segment is right there for the taking.
Old 2nd February 2022, 12:05   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
I also think Hyundai / Kia should bring in the Telluride (if they have an RHD version yet) and Sorento to India and fill the Rs.35 - Rs.45 lacs (ex-showroom) range.
One thing we all need to agree that in India, most of population, cannot relate the Koreans to a car in the 40+ lakh segment. Yes, there will always be some buyers but look at where Tucson sales are, inspite of being a brilliant car. When I was discussing with my family on Tucson, they were like what is wrong with you, how can you buy a ~35lakh Hyundai. Cars have also suddenly become expensive with the chip shortage and rising input costs. The next generation Tucson will address some gaps due to all features it might get but I don't know about sales and hence Hyundai seems to have been delaying the launch of next generation Tucson in India
neel911 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 12:59   #186
BHPian

Revised prices are official now as per Skoda website.
Attached Images

carrazy is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 13:32   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrazy View Post
anyone who gets the delivery after 31st march?? No bearing on when the booking was done. Interesting.
skydiver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 13:34   #188
BHPian

Quote:
So its 2.6% hike and not 4% (something that was circulating unofficially) atleast for L&K version.

I hope price protection is given to the initial buyers (upto 2 days post launch) as I'm not sure if all deliveries of those buyers will indeed complete by March end.
Old 2nd February 2022, 14:23   #189
BHPian

Quote:
They have made a joke of the launch process with this release.
Whatever is the point of booking early when there is no commitment on them to provide an accurate delivery date but the consumer is required to book early to avail the prices.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 00:27   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Skoda India announces that Kodiaq is sold out for 2022.

Attachment 2267639

Link
Its funny to think that we have only 1.4 crore Income tax payers in India
HotChillyPepper is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 16:22   #191
BHPian

I have seen 3 brand new Sportlines (1 blue, 2 white) plying the roads over the past few days here in Hyderabad, yet to see a single L&K though. How is the situation in other cities?

Maybe Skoda did in fact get a significant number of unexpected bookings because I usually never see so many brand new cars on the road shortly after a launch in the premium segment. I observed something similar during the GLA launch.
Old 3rd February 2022, 16:43   #192
BHPian

Booked Kodiaq on day 1. No response.

Hello Fellow BHP'ians. Hope everyone is safe and healthy.
I booked a Kodiaq L&K on Jan 10 . Got a receipt for payment of booking amount. But nothing after that. All follow ups with the dealership are inconclusive on when I would get delivery etc. Asked the dealer if they had a TD car- answer is NO. This was in Delhi (AryaVeer Skoda).
Is anyone facing similar issues? Quite a dubious way of dealing with customers - keeping them in the dark.
@PetrolheadASH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 18:42   #193
BHPian

I spoke to my dealer in Bangalore today. They have no clue, I was told that they are awaiting Skoda to update them on the deliveries but they don't know when the update would come. Looks like they know only as much as I know. Or the dealer is lying to me for reasons that I don't know.

Last edited by novice : 3rd February 2022 at 18:43.
Old 3rd February 2022, 20:35   #194
BHPian

My dealer has no specific information either. As I understand, maximum demand is for L&K Lava Blue and delivery of that is going to take some time.
Old 3rd February 2022, 21:56   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
I spoke to my dealer in Bangalore today. They have no clue, I was told that they are awaiting Skoda to update them on the deliveries but they don't know when the update would come. Looks like they know only as much as I know. Or the dealer is lying to me for reasons that I don't know.
They aren’t lying. Skoda is overwhelmed with the orders and are trying to adjust their production schedules. Spoke to Skoda customer care and they will let customers know by next week on delivery schedules.
pk1972 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks