Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2024, 12:47   #1921
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Hello People, I have a quick question. I am looking to buy a Skoda Kodiaq L & K in Mumbai.
The discount for MY23 version offered to me by the dealer is only Rs 2,00,000 on the listed price of Rs 39,99,000. The insurance is quoted as Rs 242,052 and there could be some discounts offered on insurance as well. I am offered accessories worth Rs 23,059 which I will need to purchase. Do you think I can extract more discount on this offer as of 12th August 2024. Besides this, I am offered only 2 years SMP and 4 years warranty.

As I understand, just a month before, Skoda had an offer of total Rs 2.5 lakhs discount and 5 year warranty. But unfortunately it is not available right now.

Would you suggest waiting for such an offer from Skoda once again or suggest going ahead with current discount offered by the Mumbai dealer (2L cash and whatever insurance discount) and try to extract more discount on that offer. Has anyone received these accessories free from the dealer with Kodiaq L & K?
Old 12th August 2024, 13:25   #1922
Distinguished - BHPian

I would wait till the 24th. There is a good chance that Skoda will continue the on-line sale as units were still available at the end of the last week-long on-line sale. The insurance amount quoted for you is insane. One should not have to pay more than about 1-1.5% of the OTR cost of the car for comprehensive insurance. Even with the on-line sale, you can still opt for outside insurance and get the same "savings" on the insurance component.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 13:37   #1923
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by somersault View Post
The discount for MY23 version offered to me by the dealer is only Rs 2,00,000 on the listed price of Rs 39,99,000.
Looks low as others have pointed. Has Skoda increased the prices since last year? Are they going to charge current list or the older?

Quote:
The insurance is quoted as Rs 242,052 and there could be some discounts offered on insurance as well.
This is the quote I got for X5 last week while negotiating for a known. Now factor yourself.

IDV Rs.9775500/-
Premium Rs.104785/-
Nil depreciation with 2 claims
Old 12th August 2024, 13:43   #1924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

This is the quote I got for X5 last week while negotiating for a known. Now factor yourself.
Thank you for your response. Even I felt the insurance value is quite high, however as explained by SA, it includes, Return to Invoice, Zero Dep, Engine Protect including flood protect and Alloy Protect. That add on is about 75K. I was told that I may get a discount of Rs 60K to 90K on the final insurance but the SA said that he can not put that in writing.

Last edited by Turbanator : 12th August 2024 at 13:45. Reason: Quoted post trimmed.
Old 12th August 2024, 17:33   #1925
BHPian

Quote:
.. as explained by SA, it includes, Return to Invoice, Zero Dep, Engine Protect including flood protect and Alloy Protect. That add on is about 75K...
When I purchased a Legender a few months ago, I had a quote from Acko which I screenshot off of their website. The quote clearly mentions the add ons and protections selected.

Usually dealership reps are trained to say "Acko se kya comparison?", but use that as a base price to negotiate.

I did that and ended up paying 1.34L for Legender 4x2 in Hyderabad. The Acko quote was 1.19L

I'm pretty sure it had all the covers that you've mentioned.

All the best
ballfry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 06:33   #1926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosscountryman View Post
I've also upgraded to 235/60/R18 on my TDI. I did it to have a more common size so that any tyre service requirement could be met even beyond the metro limits, since I leisure travel to some remote parts of our country.

The other benefit I've incidentally achieved is that the ride quality has become disproportionately better and everyone notices it. And its better at both - expressways and broken roads.
The better GC helps too.
Any perceivable degradation of handling / increased body roll with the higher sidewall?
Old 17th August 2024, 08:41   #1927
Distinguished - BHPian

Although I have a strong preference towards sedans, the Kodiaq is one car I have always loved. I am now seeing the need for a 6,7 seater on a fairly frequent basis- mostly for in city use. I had already decided that if I have to buy a 7 seater, then the Kodiaq is the main option I will look at.

Since a new car is a big stretch for me currently, was looking at pre-owned options and looks like Kodiaq owners like to keep their car long. Very few pre-owned options seen on online sites so far. I know it is not a big selling model by numbers. Still expected to see more options since the car has been around since 2017-18. Although for a pre-owned, I think I should prefer the 2022+ model with the DCC.

Plan to keep looking out for a pre-owned option and also plan to visit the showroom and do a couple of test drives and understand the discounts. It looks like even with all discounts , the OTR price will be ~45L Bangalore.

Is there any refresh coming this year or in early 2025? Or is there any chance Skoda will stop selling this car? Am ok to wait for some time.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 16:13   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Is there any refresh coming this year or in early 2025? Or is there any chance Skoda will stop selling this car? Am ok to wait for some time.
Skoda will not delete Kodiaq from their Indian line up. Deliveries will commence in 2nd half of 2025 for next generation Kodiaq which is already revealed globally.

Last edited by SilverSmoke : 17th August 2024 at 16:14.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 16:33   #1929
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your response. Even I felt the insurance value is quite high, however as explained by SA, it includes, Return to Invoice, Zero Dep, Engine Protect including flood protect and Alloy Protect. That add on is about 75K. I was told that I may get a discount of Rs 60K to 90K on the final insurance but the SA said that he can not put that in writing.
I have a 2023 Tucson, where the ex showroom was over 33 lakhs. the insurance including all the options you mentioned was around 98K. please talk to some Tata AIG fellow or Kotak Mahindra fellow and they should be able to offer you something in the near abouts
Old 17th August 2024, 20:09   #1930
BHPian

hi everyone,
I recently added a new Kodiaq L&K to my garage with the big bear joining its sedan sibling Octavia. I was in the market for full size SUV and nothing other than Kodiaq fit the bill. Below are the cars that were in consideration:

1. Q5/XC60: Loved them but couldn't fathom paying >25L over the Kodiaq just for the badge. Nothing different significantly in terms of features or driving dynamics

There were two other cars that we loved and could have considered were the X5 and Defender but they were 3 times the cost and hence postponed for couple of years down the line as potential Octavia replacement.
the pony is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2024, 10:23   #1931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

As mentioned by my dealer to me, Skoda is planning to launch a mass market car (medium budget) first in India and then they will launch Octavia new version next year followed by Kodiaq. So it will be somewhere towards Diwali of 2025 for new launch. Besides this, it appears that the new Kodiaq is mechanically same. Only some internal changes and change in the gear lever position. But they will continue to support Kodiaq as Indian factories now support the export market for Skoda. He also mentioned that India is also the 3rd largest market for Skoda now.
somersault is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2024, 12:21   #1932
Senior - BHPian

What's the best way to purchase Extended warranty and service packages?
Does Skoda run some campaigns occasionally or is it best done along with new car purchase.
Old 19th August 2024, 23:26   #1933
BHPian

E20 concerns:
I took delivery of my Dec 2022 kit, assembled in Feb 2023 Kodiaq in mid Feb 2023, last of the pre-facelift ( read as prior to addition of winglets to rear windshield / spoiler). The ODO currently at 12000 ( only - as I alternate use with my faithful old Civic), I’m feeling the mileage has dropped a bit - while. not a scientific measure, I used to get 9 to 10 KMPL on my daily commute except on really bad traffic days, which has now dropped to 7.5 to 8.5KMPL. I also feel the explosive acceleration has come down a bit though the engine is still silky smooth. My car bearing the label E10 and not E20, I am wondering if there has been an increase in the ethanol content in XP95 over past 18 months that is causing the drop in mileage and power. Otherwise the car still retains its brand new feeling, and the air filter is clean. Have been filling XP95 regularly from the same IOCL COCO pump. The other concern is as with GDI engines, is there a slow accumulation of carbon on the valves happening - has anyone here experienced such a slow and slight dip in mileage and power? Have anyone used any of the valve cleaners recommended for GDI engines?

Last edited by Old Dude : 19th August 2024 at 23:29.
Old Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2024, 11:52   #1934
BHPian

https://www.autocarpro.in/news/india...--121984?amp=1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
E20 concerns:
I took delivery of my Dec 2022 kit, assembled in Feb 2023 Kodiaq in mid Feb 2023, last of the pre-facelift ( read as prior to addition of winglets to rear windshield / spoiler). The ODO currently at 12000 ( only - as I alternate use with my faithful old Civic), I’m feeling the mileage has dropped a bit - while. not a scientific measure, I used to get 9 to 10 KMPL on my daily commute except on really bad traffic days, which has now dropped to 7.5 to 8.5KMPL. I also feel the explosive acceleration has come down a bit though the engine is still silky smooth. My car bearing the label E10 and not E20, I am wondering if there has been an increase in the ethanol content in XP95 over past 18 months that is causing the drop in mileage and power. Otherwise the car still retains its brand new feeling, and the air filter is clean. Have been filling XP95 regularly from the same IOCL COCO pump. The other concern is as with GDI engines, is there a slow accumulation of carbon on the valves happening - has anyone here experienced such a slow and slight dip in mileage and power? Have anyone used any of the valve cleaners recommended for GDI engines?
IOCL ethanol blending currently stands at 15% as compared to 13% rest. Maybe it’s a placebo effect but nowadays I am getting better performance from Power 95 as compared to the XP95.
MayurS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2024, 14:42   #1935
Senior - BHPian

Some issues that cropped up over the past one week on my Sportline 2022. ODO reading at 47000 kms.

1) One fine day while driving off from a parked location on the road, the car shuddered and showed an error on the screen showing "Gearbox in Emergency mode, you can drive on". Obviously I didn't and stopped on the side safely, turned off the car and restarted it fully expecting things to go back to normal which indeed happened. Took the car next day to the workshop and they ran a test plan on the gearbox, which it passed. After that the basic setting was conducted. I happened to mention that I have been noticing the 12v battery volts to be below 12.40 on idle. They checked the battery and indeed the VAS reader said to "perform charge". Skoda technician shifted the blame for this gearbox error to a weak battery and seemed logical to me at that point. They put in a new battery and sent me off to "test" the car in typical Skoda fashion. After about 50 kms and 24 hours later, they called me that my original battery has been successfully charged and is now a "good battery". Battery was swapped again at my residence and since then that error did not pop up.

2) 400 kms post the above inchident, today when I got in to the car to leave for work, the car threw another error in red this time, "Error: Steering lock" followed by "move the steering" message. The steering is free and I can turn it with force but the ignition won't turn on, car won't start. I had gotten a "key battery low" message on the dash too last week, which I completely forgot about and I immediately thought it was due to the same reason. I tried with the spare key, same issue. I installed a new key battery, same issue. RSA was called and tried to jumpstart the car, but same issue, ignition just won't come on. Thankfully the car is at home and in its designated parking. But my Octy is blocked by the Kodiaq's presence and I am for now, car-less. Tried the key on the start button as per the manual, nothing, same error keeps coming with intermittently showing "key not detected" message. Car battery is fine, I can roll down all windows / sunroof with the key, stereo is working, not the usual signs of a car battery failure this much I know after having 15 years experience with Skodas. Now awaiting technician from showroom to come and check the car with their VAS laptop.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed