Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2024, 12:47   #1921

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Hello People, I have a quick question. I am looking to buy a Skoda Kodiaq L & K in Mumbai.
The discount for MY23 version offered to me by the dealer is only Rs 2,00,000 on the listed price of Rs 39,99,000. The insurance is quoted as Rs 242,052 and there could be some discounts offered on insurance as well. I am offered accessories worth Rs 23,059 which I will need to purchase. Do you think I can extract more discount on this offer as of 12th August 2024. Besides this, I am offered only 2 years SMP and 4 years warranty.

As I understand, just a month before, Skoda had an offer of total Rs 2.5 lakhs discount and 5 year warranty. But unfortunately it is not available right now.

Would you suggest waiting for such an offer from Skoda once again or suggest going ahead with current discount offered by the Mumbai dealer (2L cash and whatever insurance discount) and try to extract more discount on that offer. Has anyone received these accessories free from the dealer with Kodiaq L & K?
Old 12th August 2024, 13:25   #1922
Distinguished - BHPian

I would wait till the 24th. There is a good chance that Skoda will continue the on-line sale as units were still available at the end of the last week-long on-line sale. The insurance amount quoted for you is insane. One should not have to pay more than about 1-1.5% of the OTR cost of the car for comprehensive insurance. Even with the on-line sale, you can still opt for outside insurance and get the same "savings" on the insurance component.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 13:37   #1923
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by somersault View Post
The discount for MY23 version offered to me by the dealer is only Rs 2,00,000 on the listed price of Rs 39,99,000.
Looks low as others have pointed. Has Skoda increased the prices since last year? Are they going to charge current list or the older?

Quote:
The insurance is quoted as Rs 242,052 and there could be some discounts offered on insurance as well.
This is the quote I got for X5 last week while negotiating for a known. Now factor yourself.

IDV Rs.9775500/-
Premium Rs.104785/-
Nil depreciation with 2 claims
Old 12th August 2024, 13:43   #1924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

This is the quote I got for X5 last week while negotiating for a known. Now factor yourself.
Thank you for your response. Even I felt the insurance value is quite high, however as explained by SA, it includes, Return to Invoice, Zero Dep, Engine Protect including flood protect and Alloy Protect. That add on is about 75K. I was told that I may get a discount of Rs 60K to 90K on the final insurance but the SA said that he can not put that in writing.

Last edited by Turbanator : 12th August 2024 at 13:45. Reason: Quoted post trimmed.
Old 12th August 2024, 17:33   #1925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somersault View Post
.. as explained by SA, it includes, Return to Invoice, Zero Dep, Engine Protect including flood protect and Alloy Protect. That add on is about 75K...
When I purchased a Legender a few months ago, I had a quote from Acko which I screenshot off of their website. The quote clearly mentions the add ons and protections selected.

Usually dealership reps are trained to say "Acko se kya comparison?", but use that as a base price to negotiate.

I did that and ended up paying 1.34L for Legender 4x2 in Hyderabad. The Acko quote was 1.19L

I'm pretty sure it had all the covers that you've mentioned.

All the best
ballfry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 06:33   #1926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosscountryman View Post
I've also upgraded to 235/60/R18 on my TDI. I did it to have a more common size so that any tyre service requirement could be met even beyond the metro limits, since I leisure travel to some remote parts of our country.

The other benefit I've incidentally achieved is that the ride quality has become disproportionately better and everyone notices it. And its better at both - expressways and broken roads.
The better GC helps too.
Any perceivable degradation of handling / increased body roll with the higher sidewall?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks