Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2024, 17:47   #1861
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humane India View Post
They are gearing up for the FL launch of Skoda Kodiaq 2024
It’s not a facelift but an all new vehicle. . By the way, looks like there will be an intentional stock-out till mid-2025. Anyone seriously interested in the Kodiaq should pick one up ASAP. 11 months is just too long a time to wait for a new vehicle!

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-fy2025-432168
<<Due to the changes, a price hike is expected. Skoda has confirmed that the current-gen model will continue to be on sale in India till the end of this year, followed by a 3-6 month break until the new model arrives.>>

Last edited by itwasntme : 8th July 2024 at 18:15.
itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 12:34   #1862

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
By the way, looks like there will be an intentional stock-out till mid-2025. Anyone seriously interested in the Kodiaq should pick one up ASAP. 11 months is just too long a time to wait for a new vehicle!

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-fy2025-432168
<<Due to the changes, a price hike is expected. Skoda has confirmed that the current-gen model will continue to be on sale in India till the end of this year, followed by a 3-6 month break until the new model arrives.>>
I read the same article on my news feed today. Looks like wait will be longer. Few of my friends were expecting an earlier launch and holding the buy. But a one year wait + potential price increase and current set of discounts make it a no-brainer to negotiate hard and buy now.

Only thing that disappointed me in the article is the drive train. I was expecting a mild hybrid to come as well. Would have competed nicely with Innova Hycross and also provided an advantage over other big SUV. Looks like its not the cards right now. With still an year to go things may yet change though.
Old 9th July 2024, 14:49   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Skoda Auto India Brand Director Petr Janeba said "test mules of the new Kodiaq would probably be reaching Indian shores by the end of this year and the model could be introduced by this time next year" i.e. July Next Year

For Octavia: The company will probably initiate sales of CBUs (completely built units) later this year, while the local assembly of the model would begin by next year only
Economic Times Article
pratyaksh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 07:07   #1864
BHPian

Recently have been seeing news reports quoting Skoda CEO Klaus Zellmer about their India strategy, India not ready for over engineered European cars etc. There has also been some reports about VW group planning to either have JV partners or even exiting India if the proposed sub-4 metre SUV fails to generate volumes.

As a proud and happy owner of a Kodiaq, my humble opinion is Skoda and VW makes fine machines and can easily attract more customers just by fixing their service network. A lot of potential customers are scared away by the horror stories related to Skoda and VW service and high cost of ownership. Skoda management should focus on fixing some basic issues and perception, and I feel the following would be a good start.

1) Ensure adequate training to service Center personnel in quickly and accurately diagnosing issues with customer vehicles.
2) Improve inventory of spare parts and their local distribution to reduce lead time for acquiring spares and fixing issues from the current many weeks & months to less than 48 hours.
3) Change their policy for non-safety critical parts replacement under warranty ( or paid), they will place the order upon inspection of the vehicle and let the customer continue use the vehicle until the ordered parts arrive. Once the parts arrive, the customer can bring the vehicle for the repair / part replacement. This will help prevent the customers vehicles being stuck at dealership for weeks together ( and sometimes months) and the customer having to manage without a car.
4) Work towards reducing the cost of ownership through improved reliability and reducing spares cost especially for the wear and tear parts.
5) Proactive support and transparent communication to existing customers on supporting products in the market - example E20 compatibility and retrofit options for older vehicles.

Would love to hear from fellow BHP-ians on other ideas that would improve the perception and performance of Skoda & VW brands in India - and hopefully Skoda and VW management will take note.
Old Dude is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 07:55   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post

1) Ensure adequate training to service Center personnel in quickly and accurately diagnosing issues with customer vehicles.
2) Improve inventory of spare parts and their local distribution to reduce lead time for acquiring spares and fixing issues from the current many weeks & months to less than 48 hours.

Would love to hear from fellow BHP-ians on other ideas that would improve the perception and performance of Skoda & VW brands in India - and hopefully Skoda and VW management will take note.
I totally Echo you on Point 2. Their inventory management is the WORST i have ever seen. Adding fuel to this, Skoda/VW will not give you loaner car if your car spends longer time in dealership.

Our vehicle slept at Skoda service for three months due to their poor inventory management.

On your point 1, not only Skoda, all brands have(and wish to have) poor skilled technicians. They just look for someone who can do the steps mentioned in the service manual.

Owning both VW and Skoda, their tendency to rip off the customers still persists. Im combining my experience from VW and Skoda as both falls under SAVWIPL (Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Pvt ltd)
  • I was asked to do a clutch replacement for Polo, that is run only 40k KM (i eventually changed on 1.15L KM)
  • Steering rack, suspension parts were pushed for replacement at 30K km, while there weren't any issues with them. (Validated from another VW centre )
  • I was pushed for Wheel balancing, alignment and has to be strictly done at their service centre as it would affect "warranty"
  • Like many shared on the forum, the car had some jerks when accelerating. Service centre couldn't identify the root cause, or even point me where the problem could be.

This is from my experience , from some service centres in Chennai, Banglore. Unless you sound a bit technical and ask some logical questions, they will rip you off!
vagster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 09:55   #1866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
So, what's new on the outside?

The front styling has the cues from Skoda’s latest design language. The butterfly grille looks well-proportioned. Overall, the Kodiaq looks understated:
Hi,

Really confused about buying the current gen Kodiaq which being offered at a good discount along with other benefits or waiting for the new gen which will be launched next year mid. I personally didn’t like the way the new one looks as per whatever pictures I saw especially the front. What’s your take on that?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th July 2024 at 10:07. Reason: quote content trimmed
Kanv19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 17:26   #1867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanv19 View Post
Hi,

Really confused about buying the current gen Kodiaq which being offered at a good discount along with other benefits or waiting for the new gen which will be launched next year mid. I personally didn’t like the way the new one looks as per whatever pictures I saw especially the front. What’s your take on that?
We can see the current situation as an opportunity to decide what one wants; which in itself is not very common in the car industry.

Its almost akin to waiting and buying iPhone 16 in September for a premium, or getting the iPhone 15 now during its end of prime year sale.

Had penned a few points on the same lines here. Please see if it helps: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5789377 (2nd-gen Skoda Kodiaq spied in India)
Old 13th July 2024, 09:43   #1868
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanv19 View Post
Hi,

The main advantages of new Gen are:
  • May come with ADAS features
  • Maybe a bit more spacious in third row
  • May have slightly more power (204 bhp) with same 320 NM torque (not confirmed)
  • Slightly better looking interiors and infotainment screens

On the other hand, I agree with you totally that the current gen looks a lot better than the next gen. The new one is too long and has a station-wagonish shape than an SUV shape. It has a very gawky and overdone back and the dotted light strip running across the front grill looks ridiculous. The current generation Kodiaq has a timeless design, the proportions are spot-on and it looks just as fresh today as it was 7 years ago when it was launched.

Plus, Skoda has confirmed that the new gen is not going to arrive till second quarter of 2025, which means you have to wait for over a year to get your hands on one. What would have made the new Gen worth the wait, was if it had things like 48V mild hybrid tech to aid fuel efficiency, better tune of the petrol engine with higher torque of closer to 400 NM etc. These are not happening either.

I would pick up the current Gen if I were in the market
The new on-line sales offer to celebrate 7 years of Kodiaq is starting 18th of this month and is offering a flat 7% off, so the net price would be 37.2 lakhs ex-showroom (2.8.lakhs discount). Plus 5th year extended warranty and a free service pack. Getting an L&K with DCC at this price is a sweet deal indeed.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 13th July 2024 at 09:52.
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 15:38   #1869

Agree. Now confused about the color. As per my dealer, the online booking that will commence on 18th via link will only offer the White, black and the lava blue. I was set on the grey but it won't be on offer. Lets see
Old 16th July 2024, 10:31   #1870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
This is on MY 2023 stock only, they have not started selling 2024 manufactured vehicles yet.
Old 18th July 2024, 16:30   #1871

Hi Mr Kurup, Can you pls PM me. Would like to take your advice on this topic. Thanks.
Best Regards.
Old 18th July 2024, 17:31   #1872
BHPian

The 7 year 7% discount was a gimmick. It's still Rs.2,50,000 discount like last month that brings it down to Rs.37,49,000.

It still comes with 2 years SMP and 5 year warranty. Nevertheless a great deal.
Old 18th July 2024, 17:40   #1873
BHPian

Almost everything about the current Kodiaq is better than the new one getting launched in 2025. It has better exterior looks, almost the same power and torque figures in petrol, perfect dimensions(perfect 5-seater and occasional 7-seater for roadtrips) and a much better looking neatly integrated dash. The screen in the new one might be bigger but its protruding out separately and looks like an afterthought. The only thing which the new one seems to have better is the brown colored seats. Is there any aftermarket way to get the color of the seats changed from beige to brown without voiding warranty ?
Fun_to_drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2024, 18:04   #1874
BHPian

Every car brand offers good deal on an outgoing model and mostly offer something extra (cosmetic or otherwise) on the new gen ones.

But all of a sudden, I am noticing lots of Influencers (fasbeam etc) seen promoting current gen Kodiaq as if something magical got added to it :-D

It's the same car, and it should be offered with the crazy discounts that it deserves, newer one should come with better overall package and at increased price sticker.
Old 19th July 2024, 12:34   #1875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post

Skoda Kodiaq Review

What’s the review of the kodiaqs headlight performance? I haven’t been able to drive the car in the dark hence asking for a real time review. Thanks

Last edited by Eddy : 19th July 2024 at 13:26. Reason: Shortening quote for better readability

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks