Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2024, 16:45   #1786

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post
[h3][b]Skoda Kodiaq (MY23 Vehicle) –
4) 3M CR70 film on the windshield, all window glasses & the 3M CR90 for the sunroof – Had taken the Kodiaq for a drive in the summer of April month and felt that a heat protective film would be a good addition and having done the CR70 coating on my Nissan Micra, I felt a remarkable change with reduction of heat on hot sunny days. This addition has made a sea change in the Kodiaq as well, keeping the AC Temp nominal, especially with 7 members in the car, its better to get this done for AC to be effectively till the last rows.
Hi folks, recommendations for a good 3M dealer in NCR Gurgaon who can install the 3M CR70 films. Also, what would it cost to cover the windscreen along with windows in the Kodiaq. Summers in this part of the world is a killer
Old 22nd May 2024, 17:54   #1787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grootman View Post
Hi folks, recommendations for a good 3M dealer in NCR Gurgaon who can install the 3M CR70 films. Also, what would it cost to cover the windscreen along with windows in the Kodiaq. Summers in this part of the world is a killer
Don't know about 3M dealers in your area. But, CR70 all around including the sunroof will set you back by around approximately 50-55K.
Qodiak524 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 21:21   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosojin View Post
Yesterday climbed up from Kaladhungi to Nainital. It is a steep climb. I also got the humming issue.

Another issue I experienced, was frequent jerks when in D2 and at speeds ~25kmph. Looks like coming from the gearbox. Tips to avoid it?
Humming is a known issue mainly arising due to prolonged command input to power steering assembly - a software issue. Lately I have noted that it went away - since last service. A software update might help.

D2-3 jerks do happen most of the time. DSG seems most confused at this time. Only way to avoid jerks is to accelerate in a more predictable manner & slightly go light on paddle the moment you assess the gear change will happen.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 19:16   #1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
I bought mine in Delhi on December 27, 2023, for 43 lacs (inclusive of extended warranty). I was able to negotiate heavily due to year-end discounts, dealership targets, etc.
Hi,
Was maintenance package part of this deal?
Old 24th May 2024, 08:15   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Humming is a known issue mainly arising due to prolonged command input to power steering assembly - a software issue. Lately I have noted that it went away - since last service. A software update might help.

D2-3 jerks do happen most of the time. DSG seems most confused at this time. Only way to avoid jerks is to accelerate in a more predictable manner & slightly go light on paddle the moment you assess the gear change will happen.
Thanks SilverSmoke.

I did Nainital to Kausani and did not face jerky behaviour. One thing I did differently was to not try to force the car to move to D3 by going bit hard on the accelerator. I was doing this in my drive to Nainital, because in a manual I could drive in 3rd gear on stretches where the auto gear was not upshifting. In the drive to Kausani I just focused on the road and let the car be in D2 if it wanted to.
Dosojin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 00:56   #1791
BHPian

NEED HELP!!

I booked the Skoda Kodiaq in Bangalore. The on road price is coming to ₹49,04,000. It includes 2 years SMP and Extended Warranty for 5th and 6th year.

Is this a good deal? or is there room for more discounts?

However, I am going to speak to other competitor dealers in the city on Saturday to make sure I am not been taken for a ride. I am a little nervous as this is wayyy over my initial budget.

Thanks in advance:
Old 25th May 2024, 09:43   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauthampait View Post
NEED HELP!!

I booked the Skoda Kodiaq in Bangalore. The on road price is coming to ₹49,04,000. It includes 2 years SMP and Extended Warranty for 5th and 6th year.
This is the cost that I bought L&K with in June 2022. With next generation over the horizon, you must pursue to 47L with all packages.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 10:14   #1793

Quote:
NEED HELP!!

However, I am going to speak to other competitor dealers in the city on Saturday to make sure I am not been taken for a ride. I am a little nervous as this is wayyy over my initial budget.

Thanks in advance:
I am not sure about the recent prices, but, In Bangalore, I couldn't find any dealer offering similar heavily discounted prices offered up north. People mentioned buying as low as 42-44L. The offer in Bangalore still stood pretty high. This was in Jan 2024 without SMP or extended warranty. Both the dealers stuck at the same price. Maybe, I was a bad negotiator.
This shouldn't stop you from negotiating for more. You definitely should. If nothing works, getting insurance outside will save you at least 80000 and the accessory pack another 25k if you want to keep the initial cost down.

Last edited by Qodiak524 : 25th May 2024 at 10:24.
Old 25th May 2024, 12:01   #1794
BHPian

Quote:
NEED HELP!!

Thanks in advance:
Go for it!
Prices now are ex showroom of Jan2022, and at this price, it’s one hell of deal. Only downside being the new model is less than a year away but with SKODA, you never know if their pricing strategy - case in point is their new Superb
New Kodiaq is also E20 complaint which should offer you a peace of mind.
Old 25th May 2024, 23:59   #1795

Quote:
Today while on a short drive, real time FE counter vanished at once. It didn't came back since then - even after restart & changing the display layout.

Though, FE was displayed in trip summary at the end as usual.

Strange.

Attachment 2605999

Well looks like someone mistakenly touched somewhere on the console and charged your settings.
Goto Car->Selection->Virtual Cockpit. Here you can change the item you want to see on the virtual cockpit. Selecet fuel Effiency if you want that.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img20240524063119.jpg  

xorrmancer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 13:50   #1796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grootman View Post
I think the Kodiaq does come with some sun protection on window glasses. It not 70% but definitely feels like 20-25%. Does anyone know or can confirm?
The huge sunroof definitely can gain from darker films or uv protection. Its a plus that dark film rules do not cover sunroof so you can go for dark films.
Old 29th May 2024, 16:58   #1797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
NEED HELP!!

Thanks in advance:

How did the conversations go and were there any better offers?
The numbers you quoted are very much in line with what's being offered in Kerala as well, after almost all the negotiations. The one difference I see is, its 3 years SMP and 5th year extended warranty.
Old 29th May 2024, 20:08   #1798
BHPian

Just did a bit of off-roading in the Kodiaq while heading up a hill. The car behaved well in off-road mode with M1 engaged throughout. Never felt short of power anywhere while going up to 7000 ft or while off-road.
Just can’t get enough of this car.

The first photo shows the mileage that can cause sudden heart issues

The second picture with the dirty console showing information whilst the off-road mode is engaged.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4926.jpeg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-e23cedc0d27940caac96cb63e94223a0.jpeg

Last edited by pratyaksh : 29th May 2024 at 20:10. Reason: Spelling
pratyaksh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 20:37   #1799
phi
BHPian

Quote:
NEED HELP!!

I got same price with 4-yr SMP and 5+6yr extended warranty, in Dec 2023, in Kerala. I believe you should be able to go 1L lesser at least, if you just account for the difference in SMP and road tax. For me, it took almost a month of negotiation involving a couple of dealers though.

Quote:
This is the cost that I bought L&K with in June 2022. With next generation over the horizon, you must pursue to 47L with all packages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qodiak524 View Post
I am not sure about the recent prices, but, In Bangalore, I couldn't find any dealer offering similar heavily discounted prices offered up north. People mentioned buying as low as 42-44L. The offer in Bangalore still stood pretty high. This was in Jan 2024 without SMP or extended warranty. Both the dealers stuck at the same price. Maybe, I was a bad negotiator.
I believe the price difference between north and south (Karnataka/Kerala) is mainly due to difference in road tax. It is 21% in Kerala and 18% in Karnataka for Kodiaq, vs 10% in Haryana and Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
The numbers you quoted are very much in line with what's being offered in Kerala as well, after almost all the negotiations. The one difference I see is, its 3 years SMP and 5th year extended warranty.
Did you work with multiple vendors? You can try EVM, PPS, and GEM. Not all of them are in all towns, but it does not matter - you can buy from the one that offers the best deal and then service at the one that is closest to you. The only challenge would be to sort out any initial niggles after delivery, which is just a short-term problem.

Last edited by phi : 29th May 2024 at 20:40.
phi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2024, 21:24   #1800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
I was able to get the car for ₹48.25L.

If you're a skoda registered corporate employee, or a past skoda customer, you can add 1.2L more on top of this. Which can come down to 47L on road in Bangalore, which is a dreamy offer.
gauthampait is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks