Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2024, 12:41   #1756

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Yeah, I checked that and it was in the umbrella slot in the driver's door.
Cheers...
You should be also able to find this in the spare wheel well along with the tool kit. One set.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img20240417wa0000.jpg  

Qodiak524 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 13:41   #1757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi View Post
However, after getting a couple more opinions, I decided to take the plunge, booked a slot at MRF Tyredrome, and took the car there.

Here is the report from my battery test.

The only significant difference seems to be that the battery is marked as AGM in my case. Maybe it is just some setting on the battery tester that gets printed on the report - would be good to confirm.
Thanks for the kind words phi. No harm in getting the rotation/alignment/balancing at 5k interval, if you regularly ride on bad roads.

As for the battery, it is indeed AGM VRLA 68Ah, Made in Germany battery, which I had also posted earlier -

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20240410_114705.jpg

The staff at this Meerut centre are quite nincompoops and I had to supervise their work carefully as was evident in the double bleeding of my Superb's brakes, which I had got done simultaneously with this PDI. And they definitely didn't adjust it to AGM on their battery tester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qodiak524 View Post
You should be also able to find this in the spare wheel well along with the tool kit. One set.
Are you referring to this? -

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20240417_132655.jpg

Thanks in advance... Cheers
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 21:52   #1758

Quote:
Are you referring to this? -
Attachment 2595305
Thanks in advance... Cheers
Yes. I was referring to that.
Qodiak524 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 17:09   #1759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qodiak524 View Post
Is there an option to put the headlights in high beam mode using the knob? Or by "Full beam", do you mean something else here.
Yes there is an option to put the headlights in Full Beam mode or should I say there is a way to put the headlights to throw the maximum distance apart from the Knob functions.

The normal ON/OFF of the headlight is with the Knob near your knee when u are in driving seat. This just switches ON/OFF the headlights. Once the knob is switched ON, try pushing the left/right indicator tab behind the steering towards the engine (Not Up/Down). The Up/Down motion of the indicator switch is to put Right/Left indicators. You need to push the same indicator towards the engine side (away from you basically) and you will see the headlights throwing the beam more farther. Try this on a low lit road and u might notice it.
kurups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 16:20   #1760

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post
Yes there is an option to put the headlights in Full Beam mode or should I say there is a way to put the headlights to throw the maximum distance apart from the Knob functions.
The normal ON/OFF of the headlight is with the Knob near your knee when u are in driving seat. This just switches ON/OFF the headlights. Once the knob is switched ON, try pushing the left/right indicator tab behind the steering towards the engine (Not Up/Down). The Up/Down motion of the indicator switch is to put Right/Left indicators. You need to push the same indicator towards the engine side (away from you basically) and you will see the headlights throwing the beam more farther. Try this on a low lit road and u might notice it.
Thanks for the reply. Aren't we talking about the normal high beam operation here using the indicator stalk? From your previous post, I got the impression that there was an option to get more light intensity than usual. (Apart from the normal high beam operation). Sorry, my bad.
Old 22nd April 2024, 15:58   #1761
BHPian

Does anyone here have a rough idea about the discounts being offered on the Skoda Kodiaq? Presently, I think only the L&K is being offered and it is for about 46-47L on road Delhi.

I am looking to upgrade from my 2015 Creta and Kodiaq would be a good contender if it’s possible to get it under 40L as its an outgoing model and at the end of its life cycle.

Paying more for a Kodiaq than an Audi A4 would not feel good as I have experienced the quality of materials, NVH, smoothness, prestige and ride quality that comes with a luxury german car.

Other contenders I’m looking at are the XUV 700 and the Tata Safari.
Old 24th April 2024, 20:23   #1762
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer5499 View Post
Does anyone here have a rough idea about the discounts being offered on the Skoda Kodiaq? Presently, I think only the L&K is being offered and it is for about 46-47L on road Delhi.

Today there is an on-line only sale going on where you get 2.4.lakh off ex showroom price of the Kodiaq. Plus free 5th year warranty and 2 years maintenance package. It is supposed to be to commemorate 24 years of Skoda in India.

Booking link -https://www.skodaonline.co.in/buy/cars
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 20:27   #1763
Senior - BHPian

I was recently at Excel Skoda, Faridabad and saw this Smart Phone/Tab holder, part# as visible in the photo, and is supposedly also compatible with the Kodiaq as per it's accessory brochure part#. However I am not sure if it can fit directly to the back of the front seat headrest? The concerned person was on leave at the dealership, who could give detailed information. If any Kodiaq owner could comment, who has used this accessory, as to whether it can fit directly as visible in the photos, or some additional part is required to fit it?

Part# - 3V0061129, Discounted Price - 2447/-

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-skoda-smart-holder-220424_1.jpg

As a Phone Holder -

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-skoda-smart-holder-220424_2.jpg

Extended to be a Tab Holder -

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-skoda-smart-holder-220424_3.jpg

Is supposed to look like this when attached -

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-skoda-smart-holder-220424_4.jpeg

Also the Skoda Umbrella was available for 699/-

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-skoda-umbrella-220424.jpg

Thanks in advance...

PS - On seeing some YouTube videos, it seems an additional original Skoda Adapter part# 3V0061128 is required to fit this part!!

Quote:
Does anyone here have a rough idea about the discounts being offered on the Skoda Kodiaq?

Paying more for a Kodiaq than an Audi A4 would not feel good
I got it at around 44L recently (with some further refunds on Insurance and RTO, which they had charged extra). I doubt if you can get a Audi A4 for less than 40L. New Kodiaq might loose this superb 2.0L petrol in India and downsized to a 1.5L or a 1.5L Hybrid, though it will gain in length and more screens in the interior.

Cheers.

Last edited by dkaile : 24th April 2024 at 20:33.
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 20:39   #1764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Today there is an on-line only sale going on where you get 2.4.lakh off ex showroom price of the Kodiaq. Plus free 5th year warranty and 2 years maintenance package. It is supposed to be to commemorate 24 years of Skoda in India.

Booking link -https://www.skodaonline.co.in/buy/cars
Thank you for sharing. Still a pricey affair given that it’s an outgoing model. And only applicable for a single day. Or maybe just Audi discounts have spoiled me.

Quote:
I got it at around 44L recently (with some further refunds on Insurance and RTO, which they had charged extra). I doubt if you can get a Audi A4 for less than 40L. New Kodiaq might loose this superb 2.0L petrol in India and downsized to a 1.5L or a 1.5L Hybrid, though it will gain in length and more screens in the interior.

Cheers.
We got our Audi A4 premium with 5 year comprehensive service pack, 3 year warranty and 10 year RSA for 41L on road Delhi. The premium plus variant was for around 42.5L and the technology for 45-46L.

Thus a Kodiaq at ~45L seems to be pricey given that its the same parent group.

Last edited by graaja : 24th April 2024 at 20:47. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use Multiquote feature.
beemer5499 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 00:27   #1765
BHPian

Quote:

Thus a Kodiaq at ~45L seems to be pricey given that its the same parent group.
This has always been the case with Kodiaq vs A4 and the sale numbers have been in favor of Kodiaq. With these discounts which I’m sure would continue till stock lasts, is in fact is a value for money buy. They are basically selling at a launch price as of Dec 2021, I doubt they will budge further. Kodiaq of this iteration still competes well with GLC and X3 and is superior to X1 and GLA in sheer size and looks. The new gen Kodiaq may be pricier considering Skoda’s wacky pricing model. Completely agree to the sentiment of buying a pre-facelift but the looks of Kodiaq would definitely age well
But then if sedan it has to be, hard to compete luxury value of A4. Happy shopping
Jangra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 00:42   #1766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
This has always been the case with Kodiaq vs A4 and the sale numbers have been in favor of Kodiaq. With these discounts which I’m sure would continue till stock lasts, is in fact is a value for money buy. They are basically selling at a launch price as of Dec 2021, I doubt they will budge further. Kodiaq of this iteration still competes well with GLC and X3 and is superior to X1 and GLA in sheer size and looks. The new gen Kodiaq may be pricier considering Skoda’s wacky pricing model. Completely agree to the sentiment of buying a pre-facelift but the looks of Kodiaq would definitely age well
But then if sedan it has to be, hard to compete luxury value of A4. Happy shopping
Yes and Kodiaq is the only 7 seater european SUV available in India other than the luxury brands. But if i’m already over budget, I’d go further over budget and stretch to 48L and get the BYD Seal Premium instead.
beemer5499 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 11:49   #1767
BHPian

This holder requires one more part, which is lodged between the stalks of the headrest.

https://eshop.skoda-auto.sk/en_SK/sm...or/p/3V0061128

Note that these accessories are much cheaper in Europe so if you are planning a trip or someone is visiting, you should consider ordering it there.

Quote:
On seeing some YouTube videos, it seems an additional original Skoda Adapter part# 3V0061128 is required to fit this part!!

Last edited by graaja : 26th April 2024 at 15:37. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please quote only a small or relevant part of a post
Jacobijn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 15:04   #1768
BHPian

Saw a Nepal registered Kodiaq running around in Hinejwadi,Pune

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-whatsapp-image-20240426-14.45.24.jpeg
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2024, 14:56   #1769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Saw a Nepal registered Kodiaq running around.
That machine costs ₹1.18 CR INR in Nepal exshowroom.
Old 28th April 2024, 10:24   #1770

Quote:

I am looking to upgrade from my 2015 Creta and Kodiaq would be a good contender if it’s possible to get it under 40L as its an outgoing model and at the end of its life cycle.

Paying more for a Kodiaq than an Audi A4 would not feel good as I have experienced the quality of materials, NVH, smoothness, prestige and ride quality that comes with a luxury german car.

Hello, better to get in touch with a DSA for the deal, you may get much better discounts. I bought mine in January,24 at 41.7 on road all inclusive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks