Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2024, 14:52   #1651
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Hi all,
I have just added a Lava Blue Kodiaq to my garage yesterday. Happy to inform that the car came with the E20 sticker. This was the sticking point for me for a long time but so happy that the car is rated to E20. Hoping for a niggle free ownership of a beautiful car.
I have observed a blue light constantly blinking under the steering wheel; the Dealership Technician says it is the GPRS (I am guessing he means GPS) of the vehicle. Can anyone please confirm what this is?
Appreciate any help. Will post pictures of the E20 et al. soon.
Old 6th March 2024, 18:27   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyaksh View Post
I have observed a blue light constantly blinking under the steering wheel
Congratulations.
Yes. It's the GPS dongle.
Enjoy!
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 11:35   #1653

Hi everyone,
First of all, I have found some great reviews and suggestions on this forum on the Skoda Kodiaq, which I think is a fantastic car.

I'm planning to buy a Lava Blue Kodiaq for the family which will be a replacement of my current Skoda Rapid 2017 1.5 TDI DSG (which in itself is a great car ). Tafe Access has given me the following quote after quite a lot of discussion with them. Can anyone suggest if this is a good price or if there is scope to negotiate further discounts?

Suggestions are highly appreciated.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-whatsapp-image-20240307-10.55.49-am.jpeg
adithya016 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 14:21   #1654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya016 View Post
Tafe Access has given me the following quote after quite a lot of discussion with them.
Firstly the cash discount component seems good enough to me at 2.75L + 30K loyalty bonus. Further you can ask just take the insurance from your own side and save much more, may be 30K or so more. The "KIT" mentioned is being given for free or you're just being forced to believe it is free but included in price? And what is part of this, "KIT"?
Old 7th March 2024, 15:21   #1655

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Firstly the cash discount component seems good enough to me at 2.75L + 30K loyalty bonus. Further you can ask just take the insurance from your own side and save much more, may be 30K or so more. The "KIT" mentioned is being given for free or you're just being forced to believe it is free but included in price? And what is part of this, "KIT"?
Thank you for the quick and prompt response @adi_petrolhead

For the insurance, I checked couple of online quotes, and yes there is quite a big difference for the same benefits. I'll ask them to match the quote else will opt for insurance externally. Thanks for the suggestion
The price of the kit is actually added in the on road price mentioned on top and then they are deducting it, however they committed that they will provide the kit. The kit consists of the following as per the sales executive -

Mud flap
Pillow
Tissue box
Sling bag (I have no idea what this is)
Cloth
Wet tissue
Documents folder
Body cover
Car care kit
Perfume
Usb cable
Mat set
Tunnel mat
Old 7th March 2024, 23:09   #1656

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya016 View Post
Hi everyone,
First of all, I have found some great reviews and suggestions on this forum on the Skoda Kodiaq, which I think is a fantastic car.

I'm planning to buy a Lava Blue Kodiaq for the family which will be a replacement of my current Skoda Rapid 2017 1.5 TDI DSG (which in itself is a great car ). Tafe Access has given me the following quote after quite a lot of discussion with them. Can anyone suggest if this is a good price or if there is scope to negotiate further discounts?

Suggestions are highly appreciated.

Attachment 2580529
Am in the same boat. It was great to drive - suspension, steering, comfort. Price wise looks fine, but the only thing that is bothering me is the new 2024 kodiak launch - which comes with totally new interiors and screens. While the dealer mentioned it will not come until end of next year, I doubt it though. Some reports say in 6 months. While it will be priced higher, but it has lot of good new features.
I also did not like the audio screen - felt too small at 8 inch. Could have been a larger unit. But it is a drivers vehicle no doubt.
Old 7th March 2024, 23:12   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv View Post
I have been trying to figure out the expected date of launch for New Kodiaq.
It will be launching in 3rd quarter of 2025.
SilverSmoke is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 10:12   #1658

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndDrives View Post
Am in the same boat. It was great to drive - suspension, steering, comfort. Price wise looks fine, but the only thing that is bothering me is the new 2024 kodiak launch - which comes with totally new interiors and screens. While the dealer mentioned it will not come until end of next year, I doubt it though. Some reports say in 6 months. While it will be priced higher, but it has lot of good new features.
I also did not like the audio screen - felt too small at 8 inch. Could have been a larger unit. But it is a drivers vehicle no doubt.
Completely agree that the new Kodiaq looks really classy with completely new interiors and changes to the exterior design as well . I think deliveries will start around Q2~Q3 2025. However, I'm expecting that pricing will increase by atleast 5-8 lakhs above the current price because of the new design and ADAS (need to see though if the ADAS features make it to India ). And since its a new model, there may not be too many discounts.

The current one being an outgoing model is probably the reason why they are providing these discounts. The cars that they are selling now have manufacturing dates between Aug to Oct 2023. The SA told me that they stopped manufacturing after that (not sure if that's true).

These are reasons why I am thinking it may be worth considering the current one with some compromises like infotainment screen, ADAS, etc.
Old 8th March 2024, 13:08   #1659
BANNED

That's almost 2 years from now . Why so late ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
It will be launching in 3rd quarter of 2025.
Old 8th March 2024, 13:29   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
I believe the global launch itself is in 1st or 2nd quarter of 2025. So, it will take so much time to come to our shores.
Old 8th March 2024, 14:05   #1661
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathuranuj View Post
I believe the global launch itself is in 1st or 2nd quarter of 2025. So, it will take so much time to come to our shores.
I would not be too sure of that. I think it will get here much faster. Kodiaq sold here is based on CKD kits that come from the Czech Republic. Production of the new gen Kodiaq has already started in January in Europe. Launch is expected anytime in the UK and other countries.

Once the new model production starts and the mother factories switch over (in fact even a bot before that happens) the production of the old CKD kits will stop. Skoda would then either have the option of getting the new kits and continue to sell Kodiaq in the new generation, or discontinue the current Kodiaq and not have a vehicle in the segment for a period of time. I do not think Skoda can do that as after the withdrawal of Octavia, they have so few models to sell here. So, I think we should see the new Kodiaq in India by end of this year. This is what most auto media have already reported as well.

There will be generally very high demand once the new model launches globally and allocation of kits/cars will happen by markets. India being a strategic market for Skoda Auto, we will get some kits but nowhere near how may we need. So I expect some starts and stops as batches of new cars are delivered in accorance with kit availability.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 14:18   #1662

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grootman View Post
Literally the same issue. I have only ever used XP95 in my Kodiaq. Now wondering if that's the culprit apart from the battery concern that i have. Let's see what the service center comes up with.
Update on the Kodiaq starting issue. The team at Ring Road Skoda are still at it without any resolution is sight. Been 10 days now since I sent the car to the service centre. Apparently, now the tech team from Skoda has also been at it since yesterday. They have ruled out battery or fuel related issues. Cleaned fuel injectors etc. nothing worked. Now they are planning to open the Head. This is what I was fearing...opening up the engine is never a good idea. Any views? They are not ready to provide any timeline so to speak. Also, no loaner car
Grootman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 16:09   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Launch or media introduction of Indian model may happen earlier. But we may not get our hands on delivered vehicles before 3rd quarter 25'.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 17:03   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Now they are planning to open the Head. This is what I was fearing...opening up the engine is never a good idea. Any views? They are not ready to provide any timeline so to speak. Also, no loaner car
Strange that they aren't still at the conclusion. These engines are more complicated than a human body. If they are dismantling the head at their place, anything trickling south will be covered in warranty. In my case, there is marginal improvement spontaneously, with vehicle starting at single crank mostly. Keep everything safe & on record.
How much you have on Odo?
Old 9th March 2024, 09:34   #1665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update on the Kodiaq starting issue. The team at Ring Road Skoda are still at it without any resolution is sight. Been 10 days now since I sent the car to the service centre. Apparently, now the tech team from Skoda has also been at it since yesterday. They have ruled out battery or fuel related issues. Cleaned fuel injectors etc. nothing worked. Now they are planning to open the Head. This is what I was fearing...opening up the engine is never a good idea. Any views? They are not ready to provide any timeline so to speak. Also, no loaner car
Did they open and inspect the fuel pump? To me that seems to be the culprit. That along with a thorough cleaning of the fuel tank, fully emptying the fuel lines, and filling a full tank with XP95 is I think what should be done before opening the head. There are also some sensors on the camshaft side, theres a fuel pressure sensor, anything of those could also be an issue. And tell them sternly that if they open the head, and there is indeed something wrong, you’ll fully expect them to replace the engine.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks