Originally Posted by @PetrolheadASH View Post

Washer fluid replace,
Cowl top cleaning,

Wheel alignment and wheel balancing and tyre rotation 2500+ weight
Ac vent cleaning 895+ tax
Dry cleaning 2000+ tax
Rubbing and polishing 2600+ tax
Sunroof lubrication and water drain line cleaning 5200+ tax

Im ok getting the above also but wanted to run it by the folks here.. what say?

I feel that they are overcharging but i guess its better than a problem later on.

Thoughts on the above?

Washer fluid replace can be done as DIY -- You just need a washer additive (Available in amazon, brands like rainx, wavex, sonax)

Wheel alignment, and balancing is very costly IMO and can be done at half price outside from a good tyreshop. I had a bad experience in letting them do the tyre rotation https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5642055 (Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review) .

AC vent cleaning -- I was scammed by VW service, couple of years back . It doesnt make any difference IMO.

Dry cleaning -- You are already paying for wash as part of the general service . What does this dry cleaning do in separate?

Rubbing and polishing - seems okay for the price, but i really doubt service centre will do proper work than dedicated detailer.

Sunroof cleaning - To give you a perspective, My friend has octavia (with sunroof) and the sunroof was never lubricated for the past 4 years. It still works fine and no noise / dirt got accumulated. Again, this is subjective and depends on sunroof usage.
Old 23rd February 2024, 10:27   #1622
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:

They are also suggesting replacing the Haldex coupling oil (that lubricates the 4x4 system). Rs.13500. I read that this should be changed at 30,000 Kms or 3 years so declined.
That is right, it is part of the second year service. While some may argue that oil replacement is recommended after 3 years or 30,000 kilometers, if an issue arises with the 4X4 system and you seek warranty coverage, they may refer to your decision not to replace the oil and deny coverage. Any refusals to Brand-recommended checks are documented in their system.
Old 23rd February 2024, 12:27   #1623
VND
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All. Sent the car for is year 2 service. Clocked 10000 Kms. The service center has given the following estimate:

30000KM Paid service and washing. Engine oil replacement, Oil filter replacement, -Air filter replacement, Ac filter replacement, Brake oil replacement, Drain plug replacement, Washer fluid replace, Cowl top cleaning, Coolant top up, Scanning, Inspection, Brake cleaning, General check up, Washing and cleaning. Total estimate 22000+ Tax

They are also suggesting replacing the Haldex coupling oil (that lubricates the 4x4 system). Rs.13500. I read that this should be changed at 30,000 Kms or 3 years so declined.
The Haldex coupling oil should be changed at 45000 kms / 3 years, at least that's what recommended for my Tiguan Allspace. So assuming both Kodiaq and Tiguan have the same engine and drive train you should recheck once.

Please check owner's manual. Also you can compare rates with service cost calculator in Skoda's website when in doubt. They show the service required to be carried out with all inclusions.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th February 2024 at 01:10. Reason: Caps.
Old 23rd February 2024, 16:35   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
That is right, it is part of the second year service. While some may argue that oil replacement is recommended after 3 years or 30,000 kilometers.
In recently done 2nd service at 24K KMs, I wasn't offered Haldex oil change.They surely replaced brake oil though.
Old 23rd February 2024, 17:03   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
In recently done 2nd service at 24K KMs, I wasn't offered Haldex oil change.They surely replaced brake oil though.
Thats strange. For me, they reflected that in the Skoda recommended second service quote. And since I had the Service package, I wasn't charged for the same.
Old 23rd February 2024, 20:06   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Thats strange. For me, they reflected that in the Skoda recommended second service quote. And since I had the Service package, I wasn't charged for the same.
Maybe they changed when I wasn't around. But even then they have to document that. I have to go for left headlight warranty replacement - I will raise a query then.
Old 25th February 2024, 18:59   #1627

Few Questions to Fellow BHPians,

1. What's the tyre pressure that you all are keeping for Kodiaq?
I fill 36 PSI in all tyres as we normally have 2 adults and one kid onboard.
But looking at the bottom sidewall I always feel they are under-filled, and doubt pressure loss/puncture. Any suggestions?

2. What's the General feedback on Stock Marcus tyres ? I feel they are very weak. Within 6K KMs got a sidewall cut and had to replace.
What would be some stronger tyres without compromising much on the ride quality and noise?

3. What's rat repellent strategies that are widely used. I use my car 2-3 days in a week and parked in an open porch. Used to spray TOMCAT- No entry spray almost every week inside the bonnet and underbody. But, last week found rat droppings on the top of engine cover. Looks like no damage done, but wanted to follow a tried and tested strategy going forward. Is tobacco leaves is the right one? Where do I keep it inside the bonnet? Can that withstand the temperature in the engine bay?

Thanks in advance!
Old 25th February 2024, 20:34   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahak View Post
Few Questions to Fellow BHPians.
These queries are discussed in adequacy previously on same thread. I would suggest you to go through.

Regarding Markus, in my case they are holding really well till 30K KMs though I have driven on very rough mountain terrains & at times had hit pot holes too. Nothing to complain much except a bit less wet grip. I shall be fitting them again if needed.

Regards.
SilverSmoke is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 23:18   #1629
RSW

Folks,
One help pls.
My <2months old german bear is in workshop and will remain there for 30days. Just 4kms covered so far!

One fine day was driving my car back home from office and got airbag error, visited the workshop who in turn ran the scan and confirmed nothing to worry about it, oneoff /sporadic error it was.

The very next day, same error popped and this time along with multiple other errors like parking brakes, seat belt, auto start stop. Went to the workshop again, this time they scanned in detail (took almost 2days) and highlighted RAT BITE!

rat(s) damaged the ac drainage pipe, as a result water went on airbag module. They concluded the part needs to be replaced and not covered under warranty. Luckily insurance company (reliance) came to rescue. Order placed and part delivery eta is 13march! Clearly, skoda is still struggling with after sales service and part availability.

Also, the saddest part is, they will test the vehicle with new part and confirm if any other part also require replacement. So at this stage, its just a guess that only airbag module is damaged. Who knows post the replacement, given varied nature of error they make come up with new theory.

Nevertheless, What is the solution to this problem (rat bite) so to avoid recurrence.

Lastly, since the car is now in the workshop for over a month, thinking to get the ceramic quote done. They have given a quote of 39k for 3yrs, general service every 6months. They have outsourced it to 3m. Is it worth getting it done via skoda or one can directly approach 3m, any feedback pls?
RSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 00:47   #1630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSW View Post
Nevertheless, What is the solution to this problem (rat bite) so to avoid recurrence.
After both my cars (Tiguan Allspace, i20) were affected by the rat bite, I resorted to things like sprinkling tobacco over the engine bay, spraying anti-rat liquid on the pipes/hoses etc. But I could not keep up the ritual after couple of months. Now I make sure that I use/start the cars everyday or at least every alternative days (rat bites had happened when I didn't touch the cars for 3-4 days)
Guna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 13:00   #1631
BHPian

Quote:
Lastly, since the car is now in the workshop for over a month, thinking to get the ceramic quote done. They have given a quote of 39k for 3yrs, general service every 6months. They have outsourced it to 3m. Is it worth getting it done via skoda or one can directly approach 3m, any feedback pls?
I highly recommend getting ceramic coating from the other popular stand-alone detailers in your town. These dealer-affiliated detailers have a lot of cars to detail daily and may not give your car the attention it needs. I have CarPro on my Octavia for over 2 years and it's still performing well.
akshay_b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 23:36   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

They will test the vehicle with new part and confirm if any other part also require replacement. So at this stage, its just a guess that only airbag module is damaged. Who knows post the replacement, given varied nature of error they make come up with new theory.

What is the solution to this problem (rat bite) so to avoid recurrence.

Is it worth getting it done via skoda or one can directly approach 3m
Same happened with me when parts for repair arrived. Luckily your insurance covers rat damage.

Get your engine temperature to 90°C daily - that's only surething to stop rats.

I will prefer you go to 3M directly - can get flexible deals.
SilverSmoke is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 13:17   #1633
BHPian

I'm contemplating applying a wrap or treatment to the black surfaces on the glovebox, gear area, and the right side of the driver's area. I've observed some swirl marks beginning to emerge. Do you have any suggestions for addressing this?
Old 28th February 2024, 12:34   #1634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebear View Post
I'm contemplating applying a wrap or treatment to the black surfaces on the glovebox, gear area, and the right side of the driver's area. I've observed some swirl marks beginning to emerge. Do you have any suggestions for addressing this?
I got graphene coating done within a week of purchase, and the same guy applied PPF to the above interior parts, and side mirrors. That should help.
Old 28th February 2024, 13:29   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
I got graphene coating done within a week of purchase, and the same guy applied PPF to the above interior parts, and side mirrors. That should help.
My car is nearly 10 months old now. I have had PPF applied to the exterior, but the interior remains as original. I'm considering something akin to a sticker for the black glovebox since I've noticed swirl marks appearing on it already. Any references for these stickers ?

Last edited by freebear : 28th February 2024 at 13:31. Reason: missed a continuing text

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks