Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2023, 11:53   #1546
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
This DQ381 is made slower than previous versions deliberately - to give an offloading advantage to mechatronic unit actuators & increase their durability.
I thought the very same when I initially noticed on my Tiguan.
Thanks for confirming this I thought I was imagining it : )
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 12:21   #1547

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post

Appreciate if you can post a few pics of how the tyres look on your Kodiaq.
The 235/60/R18 fill in the tyre well, pretty well. Just that the gap between the shock absorbers and the tyre side wall has been reduced to may be 5-6mm.

The stance of the car is higher making it more confident looking. Surprisingly, the increase in ride height is noticeable by even those who don't know about the shoe change or much about the cars at all.

Another advantage with this size is the availability at non metros, since it is the size of XUV700, Harrier, etc which has reduced my stress while traveling to remote beautiful locations.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20231214_160458.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20231214_160443.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20231214_160430.jpg  

Crosscountryman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 15:12   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosscountryman View Post
The stance of the car is higher making it more confident looking.
Great to see in red color.
What your make year is?
Do post full body pics of Red Beauty.

It's a rare entity.
Old 16th December 2023, 16:39   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyBoy2000 View Post
Hi, I am planning a trip to Manali and the surrounding areas in a few days
I just visited manali and the surrounding areas (sissu, solang, atal tunnel) a week ago. You would not need snow chains as the roads are completely clear of snow.
CARSFASCINATEME is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2023, 22:55   #1550
RSW

Folks, need your insights on smp/emp. Is it worth buying one for 72k /155k respectively?
I’m still in 30days window where skoda offer preferential prices, so thinking to close this sooner than later.

Experience so far with my white german bear is excellent, no qualms except some brake noise in reverse gear or moving ahead with<10kmps speed.

I’m still learning the endless functionalities it offers. Clearly, need to invest more time to get firm control on it.
Old 17th December 2023, 04:35   #1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Its the Kodiaq’s only downside, the tuning in normal mode. Neither does it give instant acceleration nor instant downshift in normal conditions, unlike my Octavia which still reacts like a puppy shown a treat! I know that sport mode fixes this, but then there is no middle ground once that manoeuvre is complete, you have to shift back to D or Normal mode manually which is irritating. Only fix seems to be a TVS DSG tune, I am looking.
Hi adi. Yes you are correct. The stock tune on the DQ381 leaves a lot to be desired. Its a little bit lazy in the lower gears and slightly clunky too.

I am running a TVS dsg stage 2+ tune along with stage APR stage 1 ECU tune and now it really feels like why i did not get it done earlier.

The motor also is noisier compared to the Gen EA888 1.8.
The dsg tune somehow makes it a wee bit quieter.
Old 17th December 2023, 08:59   #1552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaigupta143 View Post
Hi adi. Yes you are correct. The stock tune on the DQ381 leaves a lot to be desired. Its a little bit lazy in the lower gears and slightly clunky too.

I am running a TVS dsg stage 2+ tune along with stage APR stage 1 ECU tune and now it really feels like why i did not get it done earlier.

Do these tune-ups void the warranty?
Old 17th December 2023, 10:13   #1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosojin View Post
Do these tune-ups void the warranty?
Yes they do as long as the service center detects them.
Old 17th December 2023, 19:13   #1554

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSW View Post
Folks, need your insights on smp/emp. Is it worth buying one for 72k /155k respectively?

no qualms except some brake noise in reverse gear or moving ahead with<10kmps speed.
Smp: In my experience, I found smp totally worth it.

The brake noise you have mentioned comes out of a technology called as Manoeuvre Assist. The Manoeuvre Assist detects obstacles in the front and behind the vehicle and can apply the brakes to avoid collision. This definitely is pretty shocking experience for the uninitiated, but saves the car definitely 👌
Crosscountryman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 21:38   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosscountryman View Post
Smp: In my experience, I found smp totally worth it.

The brake noise you have mentioned comes out of a technology called as Manoeuvre Assist. The Manoeuvre Assist detects obstacles in the front and behind the vehicle and can apply the brakes to avoid collision. This definitely is pretty shocking experience for the uninitiated, but saves the car definitely 👌
100% agree about Manouvre braking - Especially in places like Bangalore while merging from one busy road to another in peak hour bumper to bumper traffic, the only way to do so in keep inching forward and squeeze the corner of your bumper into the opening gap between two vehicles or hold up traffic behind me for probably till well past rush hour - twice the Manouvre braking caught me unawares while my intent was to go forward to the opening gap, bam! the car slams on the brakes with a violent shudder and noise. It took some cursing from drivers behind and beside for me to realise what happened. After fiddling a bit, I realised one has to depress brakes manually to come out of this situation. As this merge is a daily affair for me on my return commute, I manually disable Manouvre braking as I approach this merge ( which is anyway 5 minutes of stop / go). However, in general keep this on and has once saved me from bumping in to some construction material dumped in our apartment garage by someone. I feel the Manouvre braking distance threshold could have been a bit lower, considering the gap we can sometimes maintain in cities like Bangalore in bumper to bumper traffic.
Old Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 22:09   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaigupta143 View Post

Hi Jai,I assume this is on your Superb 1.8 TSI. How does this fair for the Kodiaq 2 TSI ?

The gearbox tuning and the turbo lag is the single most setback for the current Kodiaq. While you tend to work around the lag, you just wish its a bit more brisk without having to step on the gas heavily.
Old 18th December 2023, 22:12   #1557

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Hi Jai,I assume this is on your Superb 1.8 TSI. How does this fair for the Kodiaq 2 TSI ?

The gearbox tuning and the turbo lag is the single most setback for the current Kodiaq. While you tend to work around the lag, you just wish its a bit more brisk without having to step on the gas heavily.
Hey buddy. My superb is the 2.0TSI Gen3B with the DQ381. One of my friend also has the same setup in the kodiaq 3B.
I previously had an Octavia 1.8TSI IS38. Hence the comparison.
Jaigupta143 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 17:10   #1558
BHPian

Bought these for additional coziness.
They offer supreme driving ergonomics & neck comfort.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20231221_134909.jpg

Also, replaced plastic valve caps with metal ones - feels sturdy.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20231221_134935.jpg
SilverSmoke is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 23:59   #1559
BHPian

I bought the neck cushion ( looks to be the same as you have), but found a little too thick, pushing my head forward a little too much for my comfort, unless I recline the seat a lot.
Old 22nd December 2023, 01:48   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I bought the neck cushion ( looks to be the same as you have), but found a little too thick, pushing my head forward a little too much for my comfort, unless I recline the seat a lot.
Head & neck anatomy is different in individuals. My head & long neck makes a deep curve & hence it fits perfectly. Maybe that's the reason.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks