Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2023, 15:12   #1486
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Do not treat the reduction given on Insurance as a genuine discount as the prices are all jacked up on insurance in the default price list of showrooms.

Always try an outside insurance quote and you will be surprised by the price they give you at the first ask. Atleast a 40% reduction is for sure on high end cars. Kodiaq L&K insurance quote from showroom for me was 1.84 lakhs in Bangalore, took a quote from Tata AIG insurance from outside at 1.1 lakhs. Now either the showroom matches this price by calling it as discount or you take the insurance from outside.
Old 23rd November 2023, 11:31   #1487
BHPian

Completed a 3000KM trip on the Skoda Kodiaq L&K delivered on 15th Nov, 2023. The trip started on the very next day after the car delivery. Our destination was Jamshedpur, Jharkhand.

The longest and also the most comfortable stretch was Noida to Varanasi of around 838km.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-screenshot-20231123-10.55.10.png
Since, this is a brand new car we did not drive past the soft limit of 80km/hr so in this stretch which mostly consists of Yamuna Expressway, Agra-Lucknow Expressway, Lucknow-Varanasi Expressway(usually busy but we covered this after midnight so was empty), we got a mileage of 17Km/l which made us super happy. We stayed for a few hours in Varanasi before advancing.
Here is a snap of the car in Varanasi.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_0294a.jpg

After halting for a few hours, we started for Jamshedpur.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-screenshot-20231123-11.08.39.png

This in comparison to first stretch was small but it had a lot more uneven roads. It was during this stretch we felt the biggest difference b/w different drive modes. The comfort mode was super smooth, we did not even feel a majority of the bumps. The suspension is super smooth and silent. The car glides over bad roads. We drove in Normal mode for most of the time since we felt comfort mode would spoil us and we won't like to drive our other car(Sonet). But even in Normal mode the car's suspension easily eats up a majority of bad patches. We drove from Day to Night, loved the headlight spread and throw. We got a mileage of 13km/l on this stretch.
We reached our destination at night. Here is a snap from the next day morning.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_0332a.jpg

Here is the beast getting a much needed washing.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_0335.jpg

The car impressed us a lot. All of my relatives were in awe of the Car.
We started back for Noida on 21st via the same route and the ride was again smooth and comfortable. During return journey, since we had already crossed the 1000km mark we pushed the car to triple digits speeds and it felt super stable and composed. Braking was superb and never felt inadequate.

This car is great for long drives. Our dog(Golden Retriever) who has trouble sleeping in other cars on long trips, could easily curl up on the back seat and sleep.

Here are some observations from our trip.
1. Get some kind of paint protection done. Some street dogs jumped at the car when it was parked and it left some very minor scratches, nothing a ceramic can't fix.
2. The Canton speaker system is fantastic, I am not an audiophile but the system in this car sounds amazing.
3. The suspension and DCC are a game changer in this segment and price range.
4. The engine is responsive and has no difficulty in overtaking at high speeds.
5. Mileage can easily reach 15km/l if driven smoothly under 80km/hr
6. Great headlights.
7. AC Cooling is great in the first and second row, but felt could be better in last row.

The car is now undergoing ceramic and partial PPF treatment, after which the HSRP will be installed.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th December 2023 at 17:08. Reason: Number plates masked
LazyBoy2000 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 20:00   #1488
BHPian

My Kodiaq is back at Skoda service for the second time this year due to severe engine misfire. I lost faith in this car, scared to take it on highways.

Apart from engine issues, it also has suspension issues and interior bits like AC vents and rear seat head restrainers are breaking off. Front door pads rattle a lot.

I get the feeling that this car is not built to last even 5 years.

Last edited by novice : 25th November 2023 at 20:08.
novice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 21:06   #1489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
I get the feeling that this car is not built to last even 5 years.
This sounds quite surprising for a CKD unit that the Kodiaq is. How old is your car?
Old 25th November 2023, 22:10   #1490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
This sounds quite surprising for a CKD unit that the Kodiaq is. How old is your car?
It’s 1 year 4 months old
Old 26th November 2023, 01:47   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
It’s 1 year 4 months old
It's sad to hear that again.

Its certainly some manufacturer's issue - as mostly it's trouble free. Double check the fuel being used too. Try different outlet.

What codes are there on OBD?

I am doing the similar vehicle age as yours at 1 year 6 months at 21K KMs & haven't encountered a single mechanical malfunction even after major mishap except vents breaking up.
Old 26th November 2023, 07:22   #1492
BHPian

Hi,

Has anyone used a roof rail for storing luggage on the Kodiaq? If so, please share your experience.
Thanks.
Old 26th November 2023, 08:54   #1493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinjoseph View Post
Has anyone used a roof rail for storing luggage on the Kodiaq? If so, please share your experience.
I haven’t seen anyone in India use the roof rails of the Kodiaq for adding a luggage carrier.

But internationally there are people using different storage options that fit on the roof rails.

Like This:
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-c71138ef20ff4d94a9e181c21d9701aa.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 16:47   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
It's sad to hear that again.

Its certainly some manufacturer's issue - as mostly it's trouble free. Double check the fuel being used too. Try different outlet.

What codes are there on OBD?

I am doing the similar vehicle age as yours at 1 year 6 months at 21K KMs & haven't encountered a single mechanical malfunction even after major mishap except vents breaking up.
Always filled XP95. Changed to another bunk after similar problem came up in March. I fill XP95 from the same bunk in my Superb too and it runs just fine. In fact, I refueled both cars from the same bunk on two consecutive days.

I got multiple error codes related to low fuel rail pressure and engine misfires last time. None this time.
novice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 20:01   #1495
BHPian

Quote:
I fill XP95 from the same bunk in my Superb too and it runs just fine. Refueled both cars from the same bunk on two consecutive days. Got multiple error codes related to low fuel rail pressure and engine misfires last time. None this time.
If that is the case, I am sorry to say that for some component or components manufacturer is at fault.
Keep us updated about the diagnosis made & try to claim warranty for the same. I really hope issue is well settled this time.
Old 28th November 2023, 15:29   #1496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
If that is the case, I am sorry to say that for some component or components manufacturer is at fault.
Keep us updated about the diagnosis made & try to claim warranty for the same. I really hope issue is well settled this time.
Got a call from SA. He says the misfire is gone and car drives well after ECU/TCU software updates and DSG adaptation. A similar misfire issue back in March went away after cleaning fuel pump and they took two weeks just to do that. This time went to a different dealer and they took two just days to come this conclusion. I am happy that there is some improvement somewhere, at least.

But I don't think the root cause has been identified. It is highly likely that I will be stranded again

Last edited by novice : 28th November 2023 at 15:32.
Old 30th November 2023, 01:27   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
Got a call from SA. He says the misfire is gone and car drives well after ECU/TCU software updates and DSG adaptation. A similar misfire issue back in March went away after cleaning fuel pump and they took two weeks just to do that. This time went to a different dealer and they took two just days to come this conclusion. I am happy that there is some improvement somewhere, at least.

But I don't think the root cause has been identified. It is highly likely that I will be stranded again
So sorry to hear about the issues you are facing, and hope they find the root cause and fix it. Since you have ruled out bad fuel, hopefully it’s something minor in the fuel circuit or a sensor issue. Occurrence of such an issue is a cause for concern for all of us having similar model Kodiaqs.

At 9.5 months of ownership and just under 6000 KMs, no issues with misfire or hesitation. My Kodiaq is on a strict diet of XP95, usually from the same IOCL pump. My usage has been predominantly in Bangalore traffic and had a Bangalore - Chennai round trip last Thursday & Friday. While the car kept me happy with oodles of power and engine refinement, coupled with great handling for an SUV this size allowing to effortlessly cruise or return to cruise speed after having to frequently slow down, found the following irritants.
1) Ideal seating position : At 6’ tall, I realised during the 9 hour onward journey ( thanks to catching bad traffic for most part and rains) that I’m yet to find my ideal seating adjustment - Even with the steering set to lowest and experimenting with different seat height + distance from steering, I realised I have to hold my hands “up” causing shoulder pain after 6-7 hours. Got back in my old Civic and realised my elbows are much closer to my upper body that the strain on shoulders is much less.
2) The binary nature of the throttle in stop / go traffic - wish there was better and linear throttle response during the 0-20 kmph speed without having to mash the throttle when the car just takes off.
3) While accelerating back to triple digit speeds after slowing down, resuming cruise control provides a very brisk and smooth acceleration. However, achieving the same with the throttle pedal feels more strenuous, with gear shifts not exactly being intuitive - either slow to respond or downshifts more while putting down the right foot. Dont get me wrong, there is good amt of acceleration, but the calibration of throttle + gear shift seems to be better by resuming cruise control than moderating with the throttle pedal.
Old Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 15:52   #1498
BHPian

Post PPF and ceramic application

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_0393a.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 6th December 2023 at 17:02. Reason: Number plate masked
LazyBoy2000 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 16:15   #1499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyBoy2000 View Post
Post PPF and ceramic application
Looks stunning post treatment! Do you mind sharing what were the services carried out and the costs? I am planning to go for a satin wrap for my white Kodiaq, as I just love that frozen look!
Old 30th November 2023, 19:26   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Looks stunning post treatment! Do you mind sharing what were the services carried out and the costs? I am planning to go for a satin wrap for my white Kodiaq, as I just love that frozen look!
The services I opted for
1. Full body self-healing PPF
2. Ceramic coating on all glass surfaces and RIMS.
3. PPF on piano black interiors (doors and passenger side dashboard)
4. PPF near the gear knob.

I also asked them not to remove or dismantle any part from the car for application of PPF and they gladly agreed.

Total costs: 92K.

I saw a car wrapped in Satin wrap and it looked very cool!
LazyBoy2000 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks