Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2024, 00:50   #871
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I personally always leave it in Auto, and turn it on manually when I am stuck in slow traffic, or following a lorry emitting particularly nasty black smoke which I can see from a distance. The AIRCARE feature also works on the same logic. It senses unpleasant odours and activates / deactivates on its own. But if you so wish, you can activate it manually from the AC setup menu on the touch screen.
Same issue with my Kodiaq. As nice as it sound on the manual, the smoke, bad odour and all kinds of pollens get in with Auto AC. I've that to be absolute fail.

I get the CO2 level safety feature but is this part of some kind of regulation? I would love to see if there was a hack to this to override this.
Old 24th August 2024, 11:14   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauthampait View Post
Same issue with my Kodiaq. As nice as it sound on the manual, the smoke, bad odour and all kinds of pollens get in with Auto AC. I've that to be absolute fail.

I get the CO2 level safety feature but is this part of some kind of regulation? I would love to see if there was a hack to this to override this.
It is to maintain driver alertness as lack of oxygen can lead to drowsiness and further unpleasant incidents. Although I get it that this feature would work better in Europe where such foul smells or black smoke from trucks would be rare and few. There is a workaround for this via VCDS. Someone with experience can help you keep memory of internal recirculation flap. I don't find it to be a big bother, but I'll tell you this, the feature works better on my eleven year old Octavia as compared to the two year old Kodiaq.
Old 24th August 2024, 20:52   #873

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
If you are ok to share, would love to know the price and the dealer as I am in the same boat - considering Tiguan for the next purchase.
Hi, I negotiated around 3.5 Lakh discount (including 80k for insurance). OTR was around 41 (including standard accessories package). This was VW Palace Cross, Bangalore. Hope it helps.
Old 28th August 2024, 16:47   #874

Hi,

This is my first time here, so please let me know if I should post it elsewhere. I am in the market for my first car with a budget of around 35 - 40 lakhs. I have wanted to purchase the VW Tiguan for a long time. Recently, I drove it a couple of times and really liked it. However, I have been reading up on reviews online and it seems like its reliability isn't that great. Have come across everything from gearbox failures to noises coming from the engine or issues due to waterlogging. My question is whether these are isolated incidents or whether this is something that is very common with the VW Tiguan and to be expected someday. Also, I came to know that DSG does not play well with bumper-to-bumper traffic, which might be another issue, considering I am based out of Bengaluru. Do folks here suggest going with the Tiguan, or should I buy an XUV700 instead?

PS: Things like maintenance costs or premium fuel should not be a concern but I also don't want it breaking down on the off chance that I don't come across RON 95.
car_noob_pro is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks