Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2024, 11:58   #841

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I would only advise move it from D to P on very very long signals, say the rare 1.5-2 minutes kind, if that.
Sorry sir, unless the driver is coming out of car, they should not put from D to P. Even for long waits on signals.
Reason 1 is that its a fail item in many countries in driving tests and reason 2 is that, out of 1000 or 5000 times you are doing it and then come out of p to d to drive off, in between there is R, just after P which in some tense situation can cause certain drivers to misjudge and select R then drive off. Maybe most people wont have issue, but we are in this community where a lot of non members internet users also see and learn stuff.

tl;dr, if you have to wait in signal, move Auto transmission to N and engage Parking Brake. Never put transmission in P unless you are switching engine off. There is a small pin that holds P in place and that can easily break also in many cars.
pratyushpks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th July 2024, 08:29   #842
BHPian

Congrats on the new car. For DSG life it’s prudent to shift to N at traffic lights, shifting to P numerous times will eventually wear out the locking mechanism.
As far as auto hold feature is concerned VW has it working by default when the car is at an incline for a couple of seconds. It’s usually working the rear brakes. As for the button in the car it is a nice feature to have. More than the pads wearing out as other posts have said on the forum it is only holding the car while it’s stationary and not helping in stopping the car, so I don’t see the pad wear issue. There is a small motor and an actuator that pushes the pads together when this feature is used. The problem lies in the wearing out the motor and the actuator on a daily drive in Indian conditions. If you like the luxury use it, I guess it should easily work for a couple of years, brakes and its parts are consumables and can easily be replaced.
KKapadia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2024, 11:18   #843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKapadia View Post
More than the pads wearing out as other posts have said on the forum it is only holding the car while it’s stationary and not helping in stopping the car, so I don’t see the pad wear issue.
There is no issue while auto-hold is applied and the car is stationary. But if you are not gentle with the A pedal when you need to move again (hard launch), you can feel mild grinding of the pads for a fraction of a second. I had to change my Tiguan Allspace's front pads at 20K. (Car was bought as used at 8K, so I don't know how the previous owner would have used it)

Last edited by Guna : 14th July 2024 at 11:20.
Guna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 13:54   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyushpks View Post
Sorry sir, unless the driver is coming out of car, they should not put from D to P. Even for long waits on signals.
Reason 1 is that its a fail item in many countries in driving tests and reason 2 is that, out of 1000 or 5000 times you are doing it and then come out of p to d to drive off, in between there is R, just after P which in some tense situation can cause certain drivers to misjudge and select R then drive off. Maybe most people wont have issue, but we are in this community where a lot of non members internet users also see and learn stuff.

tl;dr, if you have to wait in signal, move Auto transmission to N and engage Parking Brake. Never put transmission in P unless you are switching engine off. There is a small pin that holds P in place and that can easily break also in many cars.
++1 on this.
Forget wearing off the parking pawl. Someone rear ending you at a signal, even with a mild nudge (without causing body damage) will end up breaking that parking pin.
Taha Mir is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2024, 15:42   #845

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauthampait View Post
This is fantastic, the maximum I was able to pull it down to was 39L on road in Bangalore for the silver color I booked the Kodiaq instead for 47L on road.
Where did you get this quotation in Bangalore and what were the inclusions? Also was this MY2023 or MY2024? Trying to negotiate but proving to be tough in Bangalore.
Old 18th July 2024, 17:35   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgovin01 View Post
Where did you get this quotation in Bangalore and what were the inclusions? Also was this MY2023 or MY2024? Trying to negotiate but proving to be tough in Bangalore.
At VW Whitefield for a MY23 silver color. The best way to negotiate is to just tell them you're getting a good deal on Kodiaq or Tucson.
gauthampait is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 00:32   #847

Thanks everyone for your advice on the use of auto-hold feature. I am using it in stop and go traffic. But as others have pointed out, I am shifting to neutral whenever I anticipate to stop for more than 25-30 seconds (e.g. traffic lights) to disengage clutch completely.
serenedrives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 09:41   #848
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyushpks View Post
Reason 1 is that its a fail item in many countries in driving tests and reason 2 is that, out of 1000 or 5000 times you are doing it and then come out of p to d to drive off, in between there is R, just after P which in some tense situation can cause certain drivers to misjudge and select R then drive off.

Totally agree. In fact I get worried if I see the reversing lights come on in B2B traffic. I guess some drivers do not properly use the shift lock button when moving from P to D, and hence when they navigate through R, the lights come on momentarily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKapadia View Post
If you like the luxury use it, I guess it should easily work for a couple of years, brakes and its parts are consumables and can easily be replaced.
Agree, brake systems and/or components can be easily replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
++1 on this.
Forget wearing off the parking pawl. Someone rear ending you at a signal, even with a mild nudge (without causing body damage) will end up breaking that parking pin.
Agree! The correct method in (non-EPB) AT vehicles is to manually engage the handbrake first, and then move to P. If one moves to P first the entire rolling weight of the vehicle is focused on that small parking pawl. This is especially true on inclines and declines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I had to change my Tiguan Allspace's front pads at 20K.
I think 20K km is decent enough for a quick heavy SUV. Again, unsure how VW handles auto-hold feature in the 4Motion system, but auto-hold (usually) works using the rear brakes only.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 11:43   #849
Distinguished - BHPian

Coming to India soon!

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 23:28   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamGG View Post
Hello BHPians,

I recently booked a 2023 manufactured Volkswagen Tiguan OBD2 in Onyx White. I think i got a pretty good deal for the car at an on-road price of 34.6 lakhs. This includes 4+1 year EW , 4-year SVP , and some accessories.

Also , I got a trade-in value of 4.75 lakhs (including exchange bonus) for my 2016 Volkswagen Vento Highline DSG Diesel with 1.5 lakh kilometers on the odometer.

After considering the trade-in value, the net cost of the car for me amounted to 29.85 lakhs.

Is it a good Deal?
Hey, congrats on your purchase. Im also on the lookout for a deal with VW Ahmedabad currently. I know it's not been long since you got your vehicle but still can you share with me the mileage that you are getting in Ahmedabad traffic. My driving will be mostly on the SP Ring road, what can I expect? Also did you consider Tucson? For me its a close match still not sure.
sidenzo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 01:29   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Wow, the current Tiguan on sale in India looks so much classier and more elegant. If i were looking to buy one, I would snatch one right away despite knowing that I would be letting go some of the "modern features".
Old 27th July 2024, 11:12   #852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
Hey, congrats on your purchase. Im also on the lookout for a deal with VW Ahmedabad currently. I know it's not been long since you got your vehicle but still can you share with me the mileage that you are getting in Ahmedabad traffic. My driving will be mostly on the SP Ring road, what can I expect? Also did you consider Tucson? For me its a close match still not sure.
Hey buddy. My Kodiaq which has the same engine-gearbox combo and weighs only 90 kgs more than the Tiguan, returns 12-14 km/l on the highway when sticking to 100 km/h and below speeds in disciplined traffic. In city, around 6-7 km/l in typical rush hour ahmedabad traffic conditions. On the SPRR or SBR area it is around 8-9km/l. Tiguan should get about 6-7% better mileage due to its lighter kerb weight. If you compare Tucson with it, the petrol model does not hold a candle to the drivetrain in the Tiguan. One could consider the diesel Tucson 4x2 but heart will always go with Tiguan. Though lacks in many basic features, makes up for it in driving pleasure, robustness and build quality. The overall cabin insulation is also much better in the Tiguan. If you get a similar deal to SamGG, I say go for it with your eyes shut
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 12:22   #853
VND
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

My Tiguan Allspace with same mill gives about 7.5-8 in the city, you can easily achieve and average of 11 if driving mostly on SP ring road. Let me know if you need any help with VW ahmedabad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
If you compare Tucson with it, the petrol model does not hold a candle to the drivetrain in the Tiguan. One could consider the diesel Tucson 4x2 but heart will always go with Tiguan. Though lacks in many basic features, makes up for it in driving pleasure, robustness and build quality. The overall cabin insulation is also much better in the Tiguan. If you get a similar deal to SamGG, I say go for it with your eyes shut
Totally agree with Aaditya here. Tucson is no match once you drive Tiguan. You can call me bias though You should take a long test drive of both the cars before you settle.

Last edited by VND : 27th July 2024 at 12:23.
VND is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 13:47   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Hey buddy. My Kodiaq which has the same engine-gearbox combo and weighs only 90 kgs more than the Tiguan, returns 12-14 km/l on the highway when sticking to 100 km/h and below speeds in disciplined traffic. In city, around 6-7 km/l in typical rush hour ahmedabad traffic conditions. On the SPRR or SBR area it is around 8-9km/l. Tiguan should get about 6-7% better mileage due to its lighter kerb weight. If you compare Tucson with it, the petrol model does not hold a candle to the drivetrain in the Tiguan. One could consider the diesel Tucson 4x2 but heart will always go with Tiguan. Though lacks in many basic features, makes up for it in driving pleasure, robustness and build quality. The overall cabin insulation is also much better in the Tiguan. If you get a similar deal to SamGG, I say go for it with your eyes shut
Thanks for the input, anything around 8-9 in the city and 11-12 on the highway is acceptable for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VND View Post
Hi,

Let me know if you need any help with VW ahmedabad.
Sure will do. Thanks.
Old 28th July 2024, 10:25   #855

Quote:
I did consider the Tucson but the interior quality didn't match up with the tiguan and the drive of the petrol variant was not good.

My Tiguan is a MY2023 ,vw ahmedabad didn't have the car in stock they had bring it from vw vapi and I think there is one white MY2023 in vw vadodara

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks