Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2024, 16:56   #781
Raz

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Hi, I am from Bangalore but I have recently shifted to Chennai. The 2nd year service is due for my Tiguan petrol. Which is the best service centre for Volkswagen in Chennai?
Old 23rd April 2024, 15:32   #782

Hi - I have been servicing mine with Sundaram and have not had any issues.
Babu R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2024, 19:33   #783

Hello,

I recently visited a local vw showroom to see the Tiguan. According to the SA , they only have 1 silver colour car available for MY 2023 and quoted a 2.5 lakh rupee discount on the same. With the new model about to be launched in this year or may be early 2025, does it make sense to purchase the car, Especially with only 1 colour on offer which is not to my liking. If so, what is the lowest price that I can quote to him? Also, when the new gen model will be launched, will buying the MY 2024 model be a sensible choice with some discount?

Please give your valuable suggestions!
Old 27th April 2024, 19:40   #784
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreep View Post
Hello,

I recently visited a local vw showroom to see the Tiguan. According to the SA , they only have 1 silver colour car available for MY 2023 and quoted a 2.5 lakh rupee discount on the same. With the new model about to be launched in this year or may be early 2025, does it make sense to purchase the car, Especially with only 1 colour on offer which is not to my liking. If so, what is the lowest price that I can quote to him? Also, when the new gen model will be launched, will buying the MY 2024 model be a sensible choice with some discount?

The new one will take a while and will cost a lot more. If you dont like the colour then stay away unless you think the colour will grow on you. If you are keeping the car for a long time and using it a lot. It might be worth it.

Remember , newer VW's are not as reliable.
Old 27th April 2024, 20:09   #785

Thanks! I also plan to visit another dealer to see if he can offer a better deal and also if he has some other colour!
Old 27th April 2024, 21:31   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, when the new gen model will be launched, will buying the MY 2024 model be a sensible choice with some discount?
I would suggest to wait for the new model if possible. Current Tiguan lacks features by today's standards (like ventilated seats, 360 degree camera, level 2 ADAS...) and has somewhat stiff ride quality.
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2024, 21:39   #787

Yes I agree, even Creta has level 2 ADAS and 360 degrees camera which the Tiguan misses at such a high price point, yet I liked the German build quality.

Last edited by KarthikK : 27th April 2024 at 23:04.
Shreep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 12:32   #788
BHPian

Need expert answer for few questions, please help.

1. Does the current model sold support e20 fuel standards?
2. Does it have auto start/stop in tight traffic?
3. Does it have DCC?

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th April 2024, 12:36   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I would suggest to wait for the new model if possible. Current Tiguan lacks features by today's standards (like ventilated seats, 360 degree camera, level 2 ADAS...) and has somewhat stiff ride quality.
Current Tiguan offered in some EU nations have the 360 camera(Area view) and lane assist. Yes, I am not talking about the upcoming one.

You can refer this: https://www.vw.com/en/models/tiguan.html. I for my life don't understand why its so hard for VW to get those features here, its already a CKD.
Old 29th April 2024, 13:33   #790

Quote:
Hello,

Can you share the full price stack offered by the dealer? I am in touch with a local dealer at Bangalore who is offering me black or oryx white.
Old 29th April 2024, 14:43   #791

So the on road price in Pune is 42 lakhs, minus 75000 company discount, minus 100000 corporate discount and an extra 80000 dealer discount, so its coming to around 39 lakhs 50 thousand and plus he s offering a 4 year service package and all this for only silver colour as they don't have any other colour for MY 23 cars.

Last edited by KarthikK : 29th April 2024 at 14:45.
Old 29th April 2024, 16:35   #792
Raz

It is a good deal along with the service pack. See if you can convince him to give you 5 year service pack or extended warranty. You can also get 360 degree camera retrofitted from vagtune. I am 100% sure that the new model will be very expensive with the additional features and you cannot depend on volkswagen to offer all the bells and whistles in the new model. I just love my Tiguan and love driving this car everyday.
Old 29th April 2024, 21:21   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
It is a good deal along with the service pack. See if you can convince him to give you 5 year service pack or extended warranty. You can also get 360 degree camera retrofitted from vagtune. I am 100% sure that the new model will be very expensive with the additional features and you cannot depend on volkswagen to offer all the bells and whistles in the new model. I just love my Tiguan and love driving this car everyday.
Will it not void the warranty and insurance claims if an aftermarket 360 camera is fitted?

Last edited by KarthikK : 29th April 2024 at 21:31. Reason: Minor typo correction
Old 30th April 2024, 09:14   #794
BHPian

Hi

We are looking to replace our 2018 Creta and I've been looking at the Tiguan and have taken 2 test drives.

It will primarily be a driver driven car and in 80% in the city and 20% on highways and I am super confused because it does offer a nice drive, comfortable rear seats, safety, feels solid like a proper VW but misses out on some required features like cooled seats and electrically adjustable passenger seats. The ride too did not feel as harsh as I expected.
The current discounts and service pack offers do make it tempting as well.

Now the conundrum is as follows

1. At 38-39 lacs odd on road (after discounts) it does lack features and some premiumness. My 2019 Passat feels a lot more premium on the inside.
2. There is an option to get a Q3 at about 45 lacs so more premium + Audi at a few lacs more.
3. Or just replace it with a Seltos or the new Creta which come fully loaded at about 25 lacs odd. Here the fuel efficiency should also be better than the Tigaun.

Any help or suggestions would be super helpful. Thanks.
Old 30th April 2024, 10:50   #795
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauthampait View Post
Will it not void the warranty and insurance claims if an aftermarket 360 camera is fitted?
Vagtune offers original VW parts which are plug and play. But I would advise to get it checked with service advisor wrt warranty before installing the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks