Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2023, 10:02   #706
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

I am not facing this thud issue in my tiguan. It’s an April 2022 model. I normally run 33psi in the city and 35 psi on the highways. I think you should pursue with VW. It doesn’t seem a bad design issue.
yogeshb18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 19:12   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshb18 View Post
I am not facing this thud issue in my tiguan. It’s an April 2022 model. I normally run 33psi in the city and 35 psi on the highways. I think you should pursue with VW. It doesn’t seem a bad design issue.
Good to know there are many folks NOT facing this issue. I have directed VW India customer chief to various social media comments and forums and made it clear that I am not buying this 'operational noise' story. Hopefully, there will be a resolution soon.

I too maintain 33-34 PSI usually.
Old 4th September 2023, 22:42   #708
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,

I am about to finalise the Volkswagen Tiguan in the next few days. I have received the following offer as 'final' offer after some two weeks of back and forth:

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-untitled.png

Above is on-road Bombay, the initial quote being 43L all inclusive. I would like to know If there's further room for negotiation or If is a good deal and I can go ahead.

Thank you for your time : )
Maky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 23:30   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Hello everyone,

I am about to finalise the Volkswagen Tiguan in the next few days. I have received the following offer as 'final' offer after some two weeks of back and forth:

Attachment 2499413

Above is on-road Bombay, the initial quote being 43L all inclusive. I would like to know If there's further room for negotiation or If is a good deal and I can go ahead.

If eligible, please opt for BH registration. That will probably cut around 3.5-4l off the upfront price.
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 01:32   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
If eligible, please opt for BH registration. That will probably cut around 3.5-4l off the upfront price.
Not eligible for BH plates fhdowntheline.
Old 5th September 2023, 07:01   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not eligible for BH plates fhdowntheline.
Thats unfortunate. BTW I had a chance to drive the Tiguan 2.0 TSI the other day. My first impressions as follows:
1) Cabin build quality and finish is truly upmarket( not opulent) . The driver seat comfort is great.
2) Rear passenger space seems just adequate, again not plush but seats are very well crafted. It has that very Euro spec 4 adult comfort. Anything additonal will not be well tolerated.
3) Boot space, to my eyes at least, looks much smaller than the advertised 600 ltrs. It looks more in the league of my Creta to be honest. For comparison, the Tucson/ Hector boot space appears noticeably larger.
4) The engine is quite smooth, although it is audible in D1/D2 even at low revs. The pick up is of course quite strong, but did not feel maniacal . I suppose thats due to the overall heft of the car.
5) Ride quality , from drivers perspective , felt very mature, dismissing the road undulations nonchalantly.
All in all, looks like a typical CKD unit, but I am a bit surprised about the boot space. Also, I was told that it is a full time 4wd, so the issue raised by one of the members about the transmission going kaput due to the 5mm tread difference came to my mind.
fhdowntheline is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 09:06   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All in all, looks like a typical CKD unit, but I am a bit surprised about the boot space. Also, I was told that it is a full time 4wd, so the issue raised by one of the members about the transmission going kaput due to the 5mm tread difference came to my mind.
Not a full time AWD. It is the same AWD unit that was there in the old Tiguans and Kodiaqs and we haven't heard many instances of failures.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 09:57   #713
BHPian

Quote:
I am about to finalise the Volkswagen Tiguan in the next few days.
I would like to know If there's further room for negotiation or If is a good deal and I can go ahead.
My two cents:
Insurance- Have you checked the premium in the open market? You should be able to save a bit more here, even after their discount.

Extended warranty- Any chance you can get them to throw this in for free?

Standard accessories- What is included in this? 30k seems to be too much. I suggest you pick the accessories you want and buy them individually, or maybe get them aftermarket.

SVP 4 yrs- Initially this looked excessive to me at 86k. Until I saw that the 4th year service itself costs a whooping 49k plus tax! Plus they are giving you a discount of 30k so might be worth it.

Side note: The dealer is taking a haircut of 1.2 lakh on their margin. How much do they normally make on each Tiguan they sell?
TheGearBox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 10:38   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
My two cents:
Insurance- Have you checked the premium in the open market? You should be able to save a bit more here, even after their discount.
They have discounted the insurance from 1.8L to 80k as part of the overall discounted package, Indeed the insurance are always inflated when going with dealer but I thought after this discount that would close to match market rate for this vehicle. But now that you mention it I will inquire outside about the going rate for the same and try to negotiate on this part further .

Quote:
Extended warranty- Any chance you can get them to throw this in for free?
I tried with not much luck. For whatever reason I thought the SVP and EW could be had for free for such 'niche' vehicles. I wonder if It is due to this being Ganpati period, considered auspicious time to make purchases and offers are thus fewer?. They seemed pretty firm on not giving this out, were you able to on your Tiguan purchase?

Quote:
Standard accessories- What is included in this? 30k seems to be too much. I suggest you pick the accessories you want and buy them individually, or maybe get them aftermarket.
Ah I forgot to mention that can be counted out as I wouldn't be going for it/optional. For information following underlined is listed as Bundled Accessories:

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-img_0751.jpg

Of these things all I give a care about are the Floor Mats, Car cover and Mud flaps. I will try to get them to throw that, in or I buy them individually to reduce cost as you suggested.
Old 5th September 2023, 23:15   #715

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Attachment 2499413

The new Tiguan is round the corner - the new one to be launched sometime early next year is what I hear. If you can wait for that might be worth it. But again price might be much higher.
Old 6th September 2023, 09:44   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Thats unfortunate. BTW I had a chance to drive the Tiguan 2.0 TSI the other day. My first impressions as follows:
1) Cabin build quality and finish is truly upmarket( not opulent) . The driver seat comfort is great.
2) Rear passenger space seems just adequate, again not plush but seats are very well crafted. It has that very Euro spec 4 adult comfort. Anything additonal will not be well tolerated.
3) Boot space, to my eyes at least, looks much smaller than the advertised 600 ltrs. It looks more in the league of my Creta to be honest. For comparison, the Tucson/ Hector boot space appears noticeably larger.
4) The engine is quite smooth, although it is audible in D1/D2 even at low revs. The pick up is of course quite strong, but did not feel maniacal . I suppose thats due to the overall heft of the car.
5) Ride quality , from drivers perspective , felt very mature, dismissing the road undulations nonchalantly..

I did the test drive on Sunday at the Wakad showroom and even I felt that the boot space was just about similar if not slightly less than my Compass.
The ride was very planted with good seat comfort. But I was disappointed with the sheet metal thickness in some places like the bonnet and doors. I could literally press them in and out with my fingers reminding me of my Spresso. Later when I test drove the Kodiaq I felt the Tiguan was a few notches below in terms of build quality and interiors in comparison. The Kodiaq felt much more upmarket and sturdier in all aspects , but then obviously felt sluggish when compared with the Tiguan due to the added weight and the gearbox.
argchoff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 09:54   #717
BHPian

Quote:
For whatever reason I thought the SVP and EW could be had for free for such 'niche' vehicles. They seemed pretty firm on not giving this out, were you able to on your Tiguan purchase?
I bought a Taigun, not a Tiguan. I got the SVP for free as part of the promotional offer going on at the time. They were firm on not throwing in the EW.

Quote:
For information following underlined is listed as Bundled Accessories
Definitely not worth 30k. Please get individual accessories of your choice for a lower price.
TheGearBox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 12:25   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndDrives View Post
The new Tiguan is round the corner - the new one to be launched sometime early next year is what I hear. If you can wait for that might be worth it. But again price might be much higher.
Yup yup well aware but thank you for mentioning.

There are just two reasons I'm not wanting the next Tiguan, first you mention the price will be noticeably more, the current Tiguan is as is near the maximum of my budget.
The less important second reason being that the new Tiguan looks, atleast by renders, to be loosing its more traditional squared off look for a more crossover'y design. I am not a fan.
Old 6th September 2023, 14:10   #719
BHPian

Quote:
For information following underlined is listed as Bundled Accessories:
The cost seems to be too much and doesn't qualify for it.

Usb Charger can be procured online from a good brand for <1000 and we can get good quality 3D / 3M nomad mats for 10K.

Door draught deflector - This is subjective as it may spoil the looks of the vehicle and does not add any value IMO (Sharing this after having this installed on one of my vehicles).

Overall, you can close the 'must have' accessories from VW at 15-20 lesser price by getting it outside.
vagster is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 22:58   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagster View Post
The cost seems to be too much and doesn't qualify for it.

Usb Charger can be procured online from a good brand for <1000 and we can get good quality 3D / 3M nomad mats for 10K.

Door draught deflector - This is subjective as it may spoil the looks of the vehicle and does not add any value IMO (Sharing this after having this installed on one of my vehicles).

Overall, you can close the 'must have' accessories from VW at 15-20 lesser price by getting it outside.
my suggestion would be to get only the body cover . It fits the car well.All other accesories as mentioned by fellow members can be purchased for better prices on amazon or otherwise.

Most Viewed