Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2023, 19:09   #661
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnaclecap View Post
Pretty sure. In fact, even the Kodiaq is RDE compliant, but the fuel lid only says E5 - E10 petrol. I am planning to buy the Seltos, alternatively the new generation Tiguan should reach us sometime in 2024 as will the new Kodiaq, both should be E20 ready. I have waited too long and need a new car.

Would recommend the Diesel Tucson to you, fabulous.
Thank you, absolutely ridiculous. I have a 40-45 lac budget. My running would be ~6k a year with 95% short city drives. I guess the frequent DPF Regen procedures which I'll need to perform in the Tucson Diesel will drive me nuts.
Old 20th June 2023, 10:14   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Thank you, absolutely ridiculous. I have a 40-45 lac budget. My running would be ~6k a year with 95% short city drives. I guess the frequent DPF Regen procedures which I'll need to perform in the Tucson Diesel will drive me nuts.
Hi Himan,

I read your post and went through the our Tucson's owner's manual a couple of times to know more about DPF regen procedures. And you were right there's a procedure mentioned for DPF regeneration.

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-dpf-regen-tucson.png

Thanks for mentioning it as even though I had done some extensive research before selecting between the Tiguan and the Tucson, I had missed this point out!

Thankfully our Tucson gets plenty of highway runs so I am hopeful that this issue might not occur in the future. And even if it does there is a simple 20-30 minutes solution that can be done and you don't even have to drive the car (I've seen it for the creta maybe it will work for the Tucson too).

Finally, my opinion between the two would be that both are very good and the only two contenders that go toe to toe even if they have their differences. Even today when I see a Tiguan on road I'm mesmerized by it's simplicity and and those IQ lights upfront. But, the Tuson gave us space and comfort along with the added features over the Tiguan.

Both the cars make the potential customer of entry level luxury segment cars (MB, BMW, Audi, Volvo) feel like they are sacrificing quite a lot of features just to get the Symbol of a luxury brand.

Before our purchase, I made a post on here comparing these two cras only. I'm attaching the link below, do check it out. The comparison is before the Tiguan got a 2023 upgrade so do add those extra features for the upgraded Tiguan.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...ml#post5433900 (2022 Hyundai Tucson vs Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross vs Others)

Last edited by graaja : 20th June 2023 at 10:19. Reason: Inserting picture at the correct place
Mahin_P21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 19:51   #663
BHPian

Saw an interesting post in Instagram from vagtune for Tiguan modifications. Looks like DCC can be added similar to Kodiaq, so called and checked with them and it came be added like OEM. Only issue is it is expensive mod at around 3.5 lakhs

Screenshot below2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-screenshot_20230629194622.png
Old 29th June 2023, 20:43   #664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretto View Post
Saw an interesting post in Instagram from vagtune for Tiguan modifications. Looks like DCC can be added similar to Kodiaq, so called and checked with them and it came be added like OEM. Only issue is it is expensive mod at around 3.5 lakhs
Other issue is, your warranty will be gone. I don't know if it is just the warranty for the suspension that will be impacted or the for the entire car. Reliability is another potential issue. As long as it is plug and play (with some firmware updates), it should be fine.
Old 29th June 2023, 23:41   #665

Got the black cladding painted to body colour on my 2022 Vw Tiguan.

I got the black cladding painted to match the body colour of this stunning nightshade blue, it was done in Hyderabad at Autopia which is also run by another Teambhp member. Looking at how it turned out, I feel Volkswagen should give this from the factory itself.
I’m really happy with how the car is looking now and definitely makes it look premium as it should have looked from the start.
Also got a 1 step paint correction done as it’s been 16 months since I got the car.

I would definitely recommend all the people from Hyderabad to check out Autopia for their amazing work.

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-f56df4343c224a86aec955aaf7ca917c.jpeg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-492c0fe9ac7249468824371943521e6f.jpeg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-bb2a4145ff1f458d99f064b7453f9b70.jpeg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-67ae980c60b34a76940af653306e96a6.jpeg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-8a9e02c778424dd88d9a7b661e80c0f9.jpeg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-c434b18aea974b93b37b67af50cc886f.jpeg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-b1d15ba4ee9242aca853f5e97bd9741c.jpeg

Last edited by Tanay24 : 30th June 2023 at 00:03.
Tanay24 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 00:44   #666
BHPian

Very nicely done. Also agree that this should have been already provided to begin with.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 07:16   #667
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We got the dynamic swipe indicators and the dancing lights (during lock/unlock) from them. Yes, they are pretty expensive but does almost anything that you can think of.
Old 30th June 2023, 20:19   #668
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

Looking for a fun to drive upgrade from XUV500, did test drive of multiple cars in the 40 lakh range like Skoda Kodiaq, Toyota Fortuner, Jeep Compass, Citroen C5 Aircross, VW Tiguan and used BMW X1.

Except used BMW X1 and Tiguan, none of the other cars gave the solid feeling of power, handling and fun to drive. Maybe it is the stiffer suspension, but there is some magic in the way Tiguan drives. And regarding suspension I felt it is much better than the XUV500.

Only negative with Tiguan I feel is the very understated looks and the alloys. The alloys looks good up close but when looked from far it looks like wheel cups. Maybe it is my subjective impression.

Had a couple of queries about Tiguan. Please help with answers

1) Dealership is selling both OBD-1 and OBD-2 versions of the Tiguan. OBD-1 is cheaper by almost 1 lakh and has black interiors which I like better than the gray one. But I thought they can sell only OBD-2 version after April 2023. Is that not the case ?

2) Any update on E20 compatibility of the 2.0 TSI engines ?
Old 30th June 2023, 22:06   #669
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Bhpians,

Looking for a fun to drive upgrade from XUV500, did test drive of multiple cars in the 40 lakh range like Skoda Kodiaq, Toyota Fortuner, Jeep Compass, Citroen C5 Aircross, VW Tiguan and used BMW X1.
Hi, Why don't you consider Hyundai Tucson Diesel? I was in the same situation a couple of months back when I was looking out for a car under 40lakhs. I considered VW Tiguan, Jeep Compass, Meridian, Innova Hycross, Tata Safari, etc, and went ahead with buying the Tucson Diesel. The engine is powerful and super refined, with ample space, and tech features, ADAS, etc. Being a CKD model, the quality and material selection in the interior is top-notch.

Hyundai is also offering up to 3 years or 30k km of free service. Do take a test drive before making your decision.
Old 3rd July 2023, 21:03   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem23 View Post
Hi, Why don't you consider Hyundai Tucson Diesel? I was in the same situation a couple of months back when I was looking out for a car under 40lakhs. I considered VW Tiguan, Jeep Compass, Meridian, Innova Hycross, Tata Safari, etc, and went ahead with buying the Tucson Diesel. The engine is powerful and super refined, with ample space, and tech features, ADAS, etc. Being a CKD model, the quality and material selection in the interior is top-notch.

Hyundai is also offering up to 3 years or 30k km of free service. Do take a test drive before making your decision.
Agree Tucson is a very good car. But for this upgrade, I am looking for primarily fun to drive car. Somehow I do not like the steering feel and dynamics of Hyundai cars.
toretto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 02:05   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bhpians,

1) Dealership is selling both OBD-1 and OBD-2 versions of the Tiguan. OBD-1 is cheaper by almost 1 lakh and has black interiors which I like better than the gray one. But I thought they can sell only OBD-2 version after April 2023. Is that not the case ?

2) Any update on E20 compatibility of the 2.0 TSI engines ?
If budget is not the deciding factor then go for the latest one. I also love the all black interior hence would have chosen the older one just for that. But that is a personal choice.
I hear that the E20 compliance guidance from VW will only come after official government notifications with details etc.
I think you have the right choice in mind, I test drove if most your choices as well and I’m very pleased with the car close to 9 months now.
Old 5th July 2023, 21:14   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
If budget is not the deciding factor then go for the latest one. I also love the all black interior hence would have chosen the older one just for that. But that is a personal choice.
I hear that the E20 compliance guidance from VW will only come after official government notifications with details etc.
I think you have the right choice in mind, I test drove if most your choices as well and I’m very pleased with the car close to 9 months now.
Thanks a lot for your replies and feedback. Let me look at both versions of the car and decide.

Hope they will announce E20 compatibility also soon..
Old 7th July 2023, 11:04   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Only negative with Tiguan I feel is the very understated looks and the alloys. The alloys looks good up close but when looked from far it looks like wheel cups. Maybe it is my subjective impression.
The understated looks are a part of the appeal of Tiguan for me. So a feature really and not a bug. Alloys surely should have been lot better.

I personally like the black interiors far more than the dual tone. I felt dual tone actually compromised on the classiness of Tiguan and make it look a bit cheap. I also don't care for the wireless charging and auto parking features. That's the reason I actually rushed into buying Tiguan before the old stock gets sold out. It being 1 lakh cheaper was additional benefit. The downside is that your colour choices will get limited if you want to go for the all black interiors old stock. I went for black Tiguan as lava blue, my first preference, was not available in all black interiors. I took the delivery in first week of June.
keviv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 11:59   #674
Senior - BHPian

Looks are subjective, but I find Tiguan the best looking SUV in that range. And after driving all the SUVs in that price range, Tiguan is the best choice from a fun to drive perspective. Alloys is something I did not like too. But then when you are spending that money, upgrading alloys is not a very tall ask (if you want to).

Last edited by sunikkat : 7th July 2023 at 12:04.
sunikkat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 22:02   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keviv View Post
The understated looks are a part of the appeal of Tiguan for me. So a feature really and not a bug. Alloys surely should have been lot better.

I personally like the black interiors far more than the dual tone. I felt dual tone actually compromised on the classiness of Tiguan and make it look a bit cheap. I also don't care for the wireless charging and auto parking features. That's the reason I actually rushed into buying Tiguan before the old stock gets sold out. It being 1 lakh cheaper was additional benefit. The downside is that your colour choices will get limited if you want to go for the all black interiors old stock. I went for black Tiguan as lava blue, my first preference, was not available in all black interiors. I took the delivery in first week of June.
Congrats.we waited 5 months for nighshade blue or lava blue.It was worth the wait.The same colour is available for the Q7.Unfortunately the company people have some weird ratios for the colours and these colours are produced in lesser numbers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks