Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2023, 20:06   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
I have 500km trip coming up this weekend, should I get the oil topped up before that? Also should I go to VW service center or anyone had an experience with topping it up at Shell or Indian oil petrol pumps?
Slight oil consumption is normal. You can say about 100ml/1000 kms. I wouldn’t bother unless it is below the half way mark on the dipstick. If you’re anxious, get it checked at VW and get it topped up. I do not recommend Shell / IOCL pumps doing this. Stick to OEM oil, keep 1 litre bottle in the boot always for emergencies.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 01:20   #632
BHPian

Wanted share unscheduled service feedback on my Tiguan -
Rear lights were damaged by motorcyclist who parked between my car and another in a designated parking spot. Probably whole removing it, the handle went through my brake lights. Called VW, they said party has to be ordered and will be contacted once it is available. Got a call from them in 3 days saying part was ready and I could go for installation. Took about 1.5 hours. No drama. Cost was 17,500.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-img_8953.jpeg  

EaurougeatSpa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 13:08   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Its not RDE compliant and the 1 lac seems low. I am in a similar situation where I am considering a Tiguan instead of the Kodiaq considering the price difference of almost 9 lacs between the two top variants. I have been quoted a discount of 2 lacs and I have not yet finalised or negotiated properly.
I have decided to wait. I am assuming that the April manufactured Tiguan will be E20 compliant. That is what concerns me the most.

What other option have you looked at besides the vw and Skoda? I live in the NCR also. A friend has just bought a BYD and I am tempted especially with zero registration cost but my frequent hill drives deter me.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th May 2023 at 13:14. Reason: Quote content trimmed
Old 6th May 2023, 09:30   #634
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnaclecap View Post
What other option have you looked at besides the vw and Skoda? I live in the NCR also. A friend has just bought a BYD and I am tempted especially with zero registration cost but my frequent hill drives deter me.
I am also in the NCR and take several hill drives a year. So after considering the Tiguan, I reluctantly passed on it and bought a Fortuner petrol. A big consideration for me was the tyres on the Tiguan (unusual size not easily available everywhere other than from VW service itself), the lack of a full-sized spare and I also wanted a car I could keep for ove ten years, preferably the full fifteen allowed in NCR for petrol vehicles. You can check my previous about my considerations of the advantages and disadvantages of the different choices. The other vehicle I considered was the Hyundai Tucson. Hope this helps. I was initially not too happy with the Fortuner, but absolutely love it now.
R_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 19:04   #635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanay24 View Post
Thank you,
Also has anyone considered or already done painting the black cladding to the body coloured? If yes kindly share photos.

I don’t have enough knowledge on paints so could someone recommend if this can be done and would it last well?

Thank you
Hi,
I recently painted the black panels to the body colour on my Tiggy and it looks nice, did a bit of chrome & Alu finish deletes, painted the alloy as well to piano black. Planning to get the roof spoiler to complete the looks“ Roof edge spoiler Deep Black Pearl Effect” from VW.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-img_9245-copy.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-img_9142-copy.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-44ec4f4504904022a78a863b95d7db52.jpeg  

RJo_KRM is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 19:54   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
I am also in the NCR and take several hill drives a year. So after considering the Tiguan, I reluctantly passed on it and bought a Fortuner petrol. A big consideration for me was the tyres on the Tiguan
The Fortuner doesn't work for me. Will wait and see how the new (post April manufactured) Tiguan turns out. They might add some additional features and maybe some clarity from VW might be forthcoming on the E20 compatibility issue. If I run out of options, then will probably buy an electric but as of now The Tiguan in Nightshade Blue is my number one choice.

Last edited by Sheel : 20th May 2023 at 10:25. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed. Thanks.
Old 7th May 2023, 20:01   #637

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJo_KRM View Post
Hi,
I recently painted the black panels to the body colour on my Tiggy and it looks nice, did a bit of chrome & Alu finish deletes, painted the alloy as well to piano black. Planning to get the roof spoiler to complete the looks“ Roof edge spoiler Deep Black Pearl Effect” from VW.
Wow, this instantly looks so much better 😍😍
Do you mind sharing a picture of the rear bumper, did you also get the wheel arch painted?
Also, how much did it cost you?
Old 7th May 2023, 21:08   #638

Glad that you liked it. The trim on the wheel arches are also painted, all the ABS claddings are painted. The roof rails are wrapped with a deep black sun film (apparently it sticks the best); I’ll know it’s durability with time.
The entire paint job inclusive of all the chrome deletes costed me 32K.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-8c2cf00eae304ec6a3d42c20fdbb6623.jpeg  

Last edited by Sheel : 20th May 2023 at 10:26. Reason: Formatting.
RJo_KRM is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 00:27   #639

Quote:
Glad that you liked it. The trim on the wheel arches are also painted, all the ABS claddings are painted. The roof rails are wrapped with a deep black sunfilm( apparently it sticks the best); I’ll know it’s durability with time.
I’ll get it done soon, I have a nightshade blue Tiguan, so I’m thinking to get the ABS cladding to body colour and the rims to grey.
The spoiler will be such a great add on.
Tanay24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 00:32   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Glad that you liked it. The trim on the wheel arches are also painted, all the ABS claddings are painted. The roof rails are wrapped with a deep black sunfilm( apparently it sticks the best); I’ll know it’s durability with time.
Looks stunning. This has been on my to do list for the longest time. I have a dolphin grey Tiggy and have the similar idea, cladding painting in body color and the spoiler in pearl black.
Did you get this done at the Vw workshop?

Last edited by EaurougeatSpa : 9th May 2023 at 00:41.
Old 9th May 2023, 08:40   #641

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Looks stunning. This has been on my to do list for the longest time. I have a dolphin grey Tiggy and have the similar idea, cladding painting in body color and the spoiler in pearl black.
Did you get this done at the Vw workshop?
Yeah, Tiggys look the best with the full body paint, the extended spoiler & the chrome deletes.
I got the paint job done outside, @carmed/Code6 on Hennur Road Bangalore. They have a fantastic paint booth & team.
The cost mentioned above was without the painting of the alloys, which was an additional 8K.
RJo_KRM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 02:26   #642
BHPian

I recently found out that there is a vw connect plus app as well on IOS by the manufacturer.
I currently use the my Volkswagen connect app.
Do any of you use the newer one? And if so do I need to go to ASC to use the new app in case I switch?
Old 18th May 2023, 08:55   #643

The Volkswagen Tiguan just got three new features—all-new Wireless Mobile Charging, new Park Assist, and Dual tone Storm-Grey Interiors. After a long time, Tiguan got some new add-on features. Has anyone here seen how storm grey interiors in Tiguan or how will lookalike? I hope VW will not further increase the price of the car.
Dinno73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 12:42   #644
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Tiguan updated for 2023 and is priced at Rs 34.69 lakh.

- New dual-tone Storm Grey interior
- Wireless mobile charging
- Park Assist
- RDE compliant 2L turbo-petrol engine

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-20230518_124128.jpg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-smartselect_20230518124154_chrome.jpg

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-20230518_124130.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 18th May 2023 at 12:55.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 10:08   #645
BHPian

Has any one got the software update done for the infotainment system? If yes, any issue faced during or after the update?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks