Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2023, 21:50   #616

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

We replaced our 8-yr old XUV5OO with the Tiguan. Glanced through all the comments here post my purchase decision and delivery. The car is worth the price tag, especially in a tax heavy state like Karnataka. Dealer experience was terrible, incidentally the same dealer where I purchased my Polo GT TSI in 2019. Nothing changes I suppose. We considered the Fortuner, Kodiaq, Q3, Scorpio, XUV7OO… the list was endless. The primary intent was to have a daily workhorse and hit those long highway trips that the 530i couldn’t be conducive for from a road conditions perspective. The Tiguan ticked all the boxes for us. I can live with the lack of features and knick knacks for a comfortable drive - somehow I’m not sure what’s the fuss about a stiff suspension. Perhaps living with an XUV for nearly a decade makes you bulletproof to Indian road conditions :-)
roopesh1326 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 14:31   #617
BHPian

The price of the Tiguan has gone up by Rs. 70,000 effective April 1st, 2023 and the new ex-showroom cost as per VW India website is Rs. 34,19,900.
Old 6th April 2023, 01:13   #618
BHPian

Yes I have fitted the dynamic hub caps. And while spotting other Tiguans on road I rarely see this hard to notice, but a very amazing accessory, being fitted by owners. I got them for 8000/-
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-20201017_230856_original.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-20201123_132645.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-20210127_125759.jpeg  

amayjoshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 17:10   #619

Hi all,

I got my Tiguan in October 2022 and while I quite love my car specially on vast empty stretches, unfortunately for me, I haven't been able to take it out on as many longer drives as I would have liked. I am hoping to rectify that very soon!

Anyways, recently I got my 6 months check up done and while I had noticed it a sometime back, I never could get around asking the VW people - that the VW voice command services do not work in my car. When I press the voice command button on the right side of the steering wheel, it says - Service Unavailable. When I checked with the VW people, I was told a separate kit needs to be installed which was quoted for 15K. Mind you this is not Siri (which works seamlessly) but VW's own voice command.

I just wanted to check -

a) Is it my car in specific or is it really an accessory.

b) While 15K does not seem like a lot of money when viewed in relation to the price of the car, it just dampens my spirit to know that VW is asking for more money to activate a rather small feature. In any event, has anyone here activated this feature and if so, - (i) how much did it cost and (ii) is it worth and in the sense that what all gimmicks does it offer.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 14th April 2023, 10:43   #620
BHPian

I have the original VW Tiguan car cover. This was part of the must-have pack and I don't see a use case where I would be using it as I have covered car park.

Let me know if anyone wants it. I am based in BLR. Please DM me for any additional information you need.
Old 14th April 2023, 12:57   #621

Hello,
I have read in lot of online forums of Tiguan 2023 R Line model owners in US and Europe recommending to change the oil every 5k to 6k kms instead of the VW recommended 10k oil change.

They said that this keeps the engine smooth and more productive as compared to the mandatory 10k oil change by VW.

Just want to get everyone opinions on this of all the Tiguan 2022 2.0 TSI owners in India who have followed this recommended option of oil change every 5k or 6k kms in India driving conditions.

Your response/Opinions will be appreciated.

Awaiting your response to my query!

THank you
Sandeep
Old 14th April 2023, 21:35   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandcv View Post
Hello,
I have read in lot of online forums of Tiguan 2023 R Line model owners in US and Europe recommending to change the oil every 5k to 6k kms instead of the VW recommended 10k oil change.

They said that this keeps the engine smooth and more productive as compared to the mandatory 10k oil change by VW.

Just want to get everyone opinions on this of all the Tiguan 2022 2.0 TSI owners in India who have followed this recommended option of oil change every 5k or 6k kms in India driving conditions.

Your response/Opinions will be appreciated.

Awaiting your response to my query!

THank you
Sandeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Well, I understand that it is 79999 for 4 years and 165999 for 5 years. Why 86K price difference for 5th year - why is it so expensive? And what happens from 6th year onwards - Is it 86K/year?
5k-6k MILES approximately is equivalent close to 10k kilometers.
Every European- American Tiguan tdi/tsi owners get their oil change in between 5-7k miles. Mine is a 2.0 TDI, so I am unaware of the current tsi oil change recommendation in india. But my Tiguan's oil change interval is 1 year or 15k km.

Due to the Rline, excessive aggression in driving methods may be a factor in early oil changes.
amayjoshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 06:58   #623
Senior - BHPian

Honestly in Indian driving conditions it’s better to change the engine oil for turbo engines every 10k kms atleast, though VAG mentions 15k.
For my Octavia TDI I change it in every 8 to 10k kms, and after remap in every 8k kms.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 22:14   #624
BHPian

Im sure all of you have gone through the thick manual. Just in case, the flexible service schedules for petrol and diesel engines and geography have different service intervals. Mine falls in QI4, 15k per year.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-img_0531.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-img_0530.jpeg  

Old 16th April 2023, 22:33   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny_C View Post
Hi all,

I got my Tiguan in October 2022 and while I quite love my car specially on vast empty stretches, unfortunately for me, I haven't been able to take it out on as many longer drives as I would have liked. I am hoping to rectify that very soon!

Anyways, recently I got my 6 months check up done and while I had noticed it a sometime back, I never could get around asking the VW people - that the VW voice command services do not work in my car. When I press the voice command button on the right side of the steering wheel, it says - Service Unavailable. When I checked with the VW people, I was told a separate kit needs to be installed which was quoted for 15K. Mind you this is not Siri (which works seamlessly) but VW's own voice command.

I just wanted to check -

a) Is it my car in specific or is it really an accessory.

b) While 15K does not seem like a lot of money when viewed in relation to the price of the car, it just dampens my spirit to know that VW is asking for more money to activate a rather small feature. In any event, has anyone here activated this feature and if so, - (i) how much did it cost and (ii) is it worth and in the sense that what all gimmicks does it offer.

Thanks in advance!!
As you have said already, I just long press the button to use Siri which covers most of my needs.
Do you have any info on what all does the inbuilt voice command system offer if you went ahead and got it installed?
Old 17th April 2023, 10:18   #626
BHPian

Hi all,

I am in Delhi and thinking of buying the Tiguan.

Question : am being offered a 2022 model for a discount of a lac, should I look at it?

Will this car be RDE compliant? If not would that be a problem? Can it be Registered in Delhi? Also would it be E20 ready?

Would the April 2023 vehicles be E20 ready and RDE compliant?

Thanks in advance for your views…
Old 17th April 2023, 16:39   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnaclecap View Post
Hi all,

Question : am being offered a 2022 model for a discount of a lac, should I look at it?

Will this car be RDE compliant? If not would that be a problem? Can it be Registered in Delhi? Also would it be E20 ready?

Its not RDE compliant and the 1 lac seems low. I am in a similar situation where I am considering a Tiguan instead of the Kodiaq considering the price difference of almost 9 lacs between the two top variants. I have been quoted a discount of 2 lacs and I have not yet finalised or negotiated properly.

I suggest you try to get them to give you 3-4 lacs if its a 2022 car or better just buy a new 2023 RDE compliant BS6.2 car after 1-2 lac discount for piece of mind and better for our environment the little that you can do about it. I dont think any VAG car is E20 compliant as of now theyre only E10 compliant but I could be wrong.
M00M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 18:10   #628

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnaclecap View Post
Hi all,

Hello,
It is a lovely car and you should just go ahead and buy it instead of the Kodiaq considering both of them share the same engine. Kodiaq by any means is not worth the extra 9 lakhs for it. If you are getting around 2 to 3 lakhs cheaper for a 2022 model, I suggest that you go for it. At that price (2 to 3 lakhs cheaper) , Tiguan is an amazing car. You will not regret your purchase! The build quality and even the drive is just way too awesome and brings a smile everytime you take it up on the highway!
sandcv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 18:58   #629
BHPian

I had a question, does the Tiguan come with puddle lamps?
The Team-bhp review says it does, couldn’t see them in the brochure.

I don’t remember seeing them when I test drove the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Its not RDE compliant and the 1 lac seems low. I am in a similar situation where I am considering a Tiguan instead of the Kodiaq considering the price difference of almost 9 lacs between the two top variants. I have been quoted a discount of 2 lacs and I have not yet finalised
Thanks for your reply. I have been looking for a car for 9 months now. Should have bought the Octavia when I could but the Tiguan it is now.
I don’t think I will be able to get so much off, haven’t negotiated as yet. Will keep you posted.
Did you by any chance explore the Tucson? Look at the diesel…fabulous. I can’t as I live in Delhi and diesel vehicles are continuously under Damocles sword.

Last edited by vb-saan : 21st April 2023 at 20:21. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
Old 26th April 2023, 18:36   #630
BHPian

Has anyone noticed reduced engine oil level in the initial days of the ownership? The manual says its to be expected. My Tiguan has been driven for around 1600KMs and today I noticed that the oil level is slightly lower than the optimum level. It was upto the max mark when the 1000km inspection was done by VW.

I have 500km trip coming up this weekend, should I get the oil topped up before that? Also should I go to VW service center or anyone had an experience with topping it up at Shell or Indian oil petrol pumps?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks