Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2023, 08:32   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
And if yes, why does it give such a low mileage (7-8 in city, 10-11 in highway, 9-10 combined) with this technology, especially in the city?
It should be possible to extract 10-11 kmpl in the city (with moderate traffic) and 13-14 kmpl on the highways with some careful driving.
When I drive to my office in the rush hour on ORR (Bangalore) it shows 7-8 kmpl but when I am driving back home (less traffic), it touches 10 kmpl in my Tiguan Allspace.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 18:55   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, another important factor (other than the cost) to drop the Tiguan off the list at present is that I strongly feel (I may be wrong also) VW will shortly launch an updated Tiguan along with the CAFE/BS6.2 compliance which may include features like ventilated seats and ADAS. And most likely Tiguan will also be priced competitively along with Tucson.
Post compliance if they add features like ventilated seats and ADAS that would surely increase the price of the Tiguan not decrease it, if by priced competitively you meant cheaper.
Other than that I fully agree with your assessment of this being overpriced, from launch till today... the only reason they have gotten away with it has been the unexpected 2022 demand coupled with supply issues else we might have seen AllSpace level discounts long ago : )
I went for my 4th, and most likely final test drive today, where the man offered 1st year free insurance + free 4 year SVP and no further discounts. I will try and push for more but either he has very well gauged me interest or legit they are now on limited kits, mentioned my choice blue is no longer available whatever be the truth to that.

EDIT:
Also, there is definitely an update coming as the other VW Showroom I went to across town were not giving me a definite price on the extended warranty and some other queries I had citing price changes coming soon.

Last edited by Maky : 6th February 2023 at 19:07.
Maky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 19:15   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Post compliance if they add features like ventilated seats and ADAS that would surely increase the price of the Tiguan not decrease it, if by priced competitively you meant cheaper.
Other than that I fully agree with your assessment of this being overpriced, from launch till today... the only reason they have gotten away with it has been the unexpected 2022 demand coupled with supply issues else we might have seen AllSpace level discounts long ago : )
I went for my 4th, and most likely final test drive today, where the man offered 1st year free insurance + free 4 year SVP and no further discounts. I will try and push for more but either he has very well gauged me interest or legit they are now on limited kits, mentioned my choice blue is no longer available whatever be the truth to that.
I expect/anticipate it to be priced lower than the current one because of the diesel options available in its range. In fact, 43L for a petrol car which is very thirsty is too much of an asking price in this segment. Spend another 10L for a Q3 Quattro. If it is priced higher, the sales numbers will be even less than the current one which is already less. Anyway, let's wait and watch.
I received a call from the dealer today also with an additional discount of 80K. Now the ONR cost is 38L including the 5th and 6th-year warranty + accessories worth 35K. I will wait for some more time (Tucson will take 5-6 months minimum, and the facelift Harrier is another couple of months away) to reduce the price further.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 19:16   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagster View Post
I see you are from Bangalore. Please check with VW hosur (Ramani).

I received discounts worth 3.5L (Cash discount, SVP and EW, Loyalty/Corporate) bringing the OTR to 38.5 approx from Ramani. But i decided to go with Skoda, hence had to decline it.

I guess a temp registration at delivery and permanent registration with KA RTO will do (im not sure if this is feasible, Just check with SA, they can help). Either way, you can have a competitive quote to bargain with dealer in bangalore.
Hi Vagster, I checked with Ramani. While they are willing to register in KA, their discount as of now is a measly 50K which was also the case with VW Palacecross in Bangalore. Nothing close to what you have fortunately been offered. This too was for 2022 model - so as of now I just stalled and rethinking my next steps.
SriniTSI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 22:46   #590
BHPian

What will be Tiguan's average maintenance cost per year for 6 years (during the warranty period of 4+2)?
Old 8th February 2023, 00:39   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What will be Tiguan's average maintenance cost per year for 6 years (during the warranty period of 4+2)?
One may take an estimate from the provided SVP 5 years(4+1) quote of 1,66,000/- and add a premium over that to an approximate total for the 6 years.
Old 8th February 2023, 13:58   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
One may take an estimate from the provided SVP 5 years(4+1) quote of 1,66,000/- and add a premium over that to an approximate total for the 6 years.
Well, I understand that it is 79999 for 4 years and 165999 for 5 years. Why 86K price difference for 5th year - why is it so expensive? And what happens from 6th year onwards - Is it 86K/year?

Last edited by Livnletcarsliv : 8th February 2023 at 14:05.
Old 8th February 2023, 18:01   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I understand that it is 79999 for 4 years and 165999 for 5 years. Why 86K price difference for 5th year - why is it so expensive? And what happens from 6th year onwards - Is it 86K/year?
Cars become more expensive to maintain the older they get. More complex or expensive parts need to be replaced, while applicable to all this is especially true for germans.

As an example, something like Brake liner and Brake discs may have to be changed in either the 5th or 6th year which by itself was almost some 45k if I remember correctly, then similarly other parts might need to be changed. This is something that you need to calculate based on your usage. A person with high running it make sense to get the full SVP upfront but for others with very low mileage it might not happen in the 5th or 6th year & may need to be replaced say in the 7th when SVP would have expired and the added monies you paid upfront would have gone to waste.
Old 8th February 2023, 21:56   #594
BHPian

Quote:
They are two different things. the 4 year SVP includes only labour and consumables for the normal service. It does not include the wear and tear parts.

The Hi5 SVP includes few common wear and tear items like brake fads etc, but not everything though. Refer to the section "Superior SVP" under the following page
https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/owne...e-package.html
nagarjun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 16:21   #595
BHPian

I have booked Tiguan from the dealer 'VW Palace cross' in Bangalore for a Dolphin Grey colored one. I have received some cash discount and a 4 year SVP as a part of the deal. Delivery timeline provided is within 4 weeks from now. Dealer is insisting on taking the 'must have accessory' pack, though he is offering some discount on it. I don't need few things from the pack like car cover, coat hanger etc.

They also had a Oryx White Exclusive edition, but seems that is already booked by the time I confirmed for Grey today.
nagarjun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 00:48   #596
BHPian

Quote:
The cost for 5th year is higher as it includes brake discs, brake liners, one set of wiper blades and a battery change.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 00:49   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
I have booked Tiguan from the dealer 'VW Palace cross' in Bangalore for a Dolphin Grey colored one. I have received some cash discount and a 4 year SVP as a part of the deal. Delivery timeline provided is within 4 weeks from now. Dealer is insisting on taking the 'must have accessory' pack, though he is offering some discount on it. I don't need few things from the pack like car cover, coat hanger etc.

They also had a Oryx White Exclusive edition, but seems that is already booked by the time I confirmed for Grey today.
Congratulations on the booking. I have the same color delivered from the same dealer as well. Hope you get yours soon!
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 00:55   #598
BHPian

Quote:
I expect/anticipate it to be priced lower than the current one because of the diesel options available in its range. In fact, 43L for a petrol car which is very thirsty is too much of an asking price in this segment. Spend another 10L for a Q3 Quattro. If it is priced higher, the sales numbers will be even less than the current one which is already less. Anyway, let's wait and watch. .
If you’re expecting a price reduction, I feel you are living in an alternate universe. When the car was launched it was at 31.99 ex and now it sits at 34 something, same with the Kodiaq which has seen a significant price uptick.
The car has a clear clientele in mind. It’s not a mass market product atleast in india.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 15:24   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
If you’re expecting a price reduction, I feel you are living in an alternate universe. When the car was launched it was at 31.99 ex and now it sits at 34 something, same with the Kodiaq which has seen a significant price uptick.
The car has a clear clientele in mind. It’s not a mass market product atleast in india.
Hmm, seems quiet opposite to VW's strategy in other markets. It's clearly a mass market product in Europe as well some of the other markets as it is VW's most sold car, if I'm not wrong.
I just hope they understand that there is a chance of selling the car in numbers of 300-400+ per month in India too(provided they don't omit so many features and atleast give descent pricing), just like the strategy of Hyundai for the Tucson.

Anyways, I still prefer Tiguan's interior and ambient lighting than the Tucson's interior which is beige and would be a hassle to maintain. There are pros and cons to each and this two go toe to toe.
Mahin_P21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 22:52   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahin_P21 View Post
Hmm, seems quiet opposite to VW's strategy in other markets. It's clearly a mass market product in Europe as well some of the other markets as it is VW's most sold car, if I'm not wrong.
I just hope they understand that there is a chance of selling the car in numbers of 300-400+ per month in India too(provided they don't omit so many features and atleast give descent pricing), just like the strategy of Hyundai for the Tucson.

Anyways, I still prefer Tiguan's interior and ambient lighting than the Tucson's interior which is beige and would be a hassle to maintain. There are pros and cons to each and this two go toe to toe.
The Tiguan is a definite mass market product in other countries, local taxation regulations also pay a huge part in pricing. So does the product portfolio, if you see in the us, Tiguan is at the start of the SUV line. It’s followed by atlas toureg and others. Here the line stops at Tiguan which is positioned as a CKD and a premium product. But I agree with you on the feature list. When I paid north of 40lakhs for it, would definitely have paid a bit more if they had added more features, atleast then it would have all the bells and whistles. Not that I miss most of them after using it for a few months.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks