Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2023, 18:55   #571
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriniTSI View Post
I recently inquired with VW Palace cross and they weren't offering substantial discounts for the 2022 stock apart from the usual 50K. Not even loyalty bonus. Please let me know if anyone is aware of any other dealer offering more discounts. I just love the car but 40+ on road in Bangalore pounds my heart. Sooner or later the excitement will subside and reality will hit - but then again some machines put a smile every time you drive one and this is one of those.
Based on the stock availability, there are good discounts offered in Chennai. In fact, apart from new cars, there are some display cars (21/22 model done 0 kms) and demo cars (21/22 model done few thousand kms) available as well with good discounts.
Old 3rd February 2023, 19:58   #572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I recently inquired with VW Palace cross and they weren't offering substantial discounts for the 2022 stock apart from the usual 50K. Not even loyalty bonus. Please let me know if anyone is aware of any other dealer offering more discounts. I just love the car but 40+ on road in Bangalore pounds my heart. Sooner or later the excitement will subside and reality will hit - but then again some machines put a smile every time you drive one and this is one of those.
Check VW Whitefield, they had offered me one lac discount upfront, I am sure more can be managed on the table.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 20:32   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
I am thoroughly confused which way to jump. HELP!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
So my advise would be to go with your heart wherever it finally ends up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I was about to recommend Tiguan thoroughly but then I read this last one..
I think the answer should be very straight forward for you then go for the Toyota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKapadia View Post
This says it all. I would suggest forget the Tiguan and just get the Fortuner. You need to be lucky to have a trouble free Tiguan even if you owned one for 7 years forget 15. People will say it’s a superior German product, agreed it has better dynamics than a Fortuner with a smooth revvy petrol engine. But to live with 5-6kmpl in the city on a daily basis will get to you eventually in a few years when fuel prices go north. The Tiguan is no sports car to justify the expense. After reading about the DSG, A/c issues plus poor fuel efficiency on this forum it’s a no brainer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
In the current auto market scenario 15 years is a long time to plan. So I would rather buy something that tug to my heart more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I own a 2021 Fortuner and have test-driven a Tiguan quite extensively, so I hope to provide some useful inputs.

Given your use case of frequent drives to the hills - where the roads are more of no-roads more often than not - my suggestion would be to go with the Fortuner. The 4x2 AT is a good choice if you do not intend to rough it out too much, but if you can stretch your budget, go for a 4x4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babu R View Post
So I was pretty much in the same position as you are in staring at the mutually exclusive advantages and disadvantages between the two and finally decided in favour of Tiguan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumbaya View Post
Hello BHPians, This is my first post on the forum although have been an ardent follower for many years. Currently going through a similar conundrum of Tiguan vs Rest of the world!

Still open to opinions from the group as I am yet to book the Tucson.
I am very much in this situation. I want a trouble free ownership for 7-8 years, if not more. I generally hold on to the car for as long as possible. So more than 7-8 years is good to have but not mandatory. This will be my only car.
I only need a 5 seater and 100% self driven by me. My car is more like my second wife (or should I say first wife. My wife is not around. ). I recently sold my lemon Harrier in which I was totally stranded in the middle of the road thrice with my family and friends.
As I already mentioned in my last post here, I am ok to compromise on ride and ventilated seats.

Now the confusion is only between the Tucson and Tiguan. While I also like the Tucson (Diesel AT AWD - 43L ONR chennai), it is >5L expensive than the Tiguan. I am still negotiating on the Tiguan. In fact, I have to compromise on the looks of Tucson (Looks of Tucson is absolutely not my cup of tea). My monthly driving is around 1000-1250km approx. I am ok to trade the additional spend of 3-4K/month on petrol (than going for a Diesel) for the best driving experience <50L. While my budget is 35L, I am ok stretch a bit for Tiguan AWD or Tucson 2WD Diesel. Cannot stretch for Tucson AWD.

PS -Tomorrow, I am going for the final discussions with the VW dealer here. They have 3 options
1. 2022 new car
2. 2022 demo car done just 3000kms
3. 2021 factory display car done 0kms.
If it is Tiguan - what option do you think should I choose?

PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS & RECOMMENDATIONS.

Last edited by Livnletcarsliv : 3rd February 2023 at 20:47.
Old 3rd February 2023, 20:39   #574
BHPian

Quote:
they weren't offering substantial discounts for the 2022
I see you are from Bangalore. Please check with VW hosur (Ramani).

I received discounts worth 3.5L (Cash discount, SVP and EW, Loyalty/Corporate) bringing the OTR to 38.5 approx from Ramani. But i decided to go with Skoda, hence had to decline it.

I guess a temp registration at delivery and permanent registration with KA RTO will do (im not sure if this is feasible, Just check with SA, they can help). Either way, you can have a competitive quote to bargain with dealer in bangalore.
vagster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 21:20   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
PS -Tomorrow, I am going for the final discussions with the VW dealer here. They have 3 options
1. 2022 new car
2. 2022 demo car done just 3000kms
3. 2021 factory display car done 0kms.
If it is Tiguan - what option do you think should I choose?
What are offers you are getting on the above three? it may help us help you, although right away it would be advised to stay away from Demo car unless extraordinary discount.
Maky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 22:06   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
What are offers you are getting on the above three? it may help us help you, although right away it would be advised to stay away from Demo car unless extraordinary discount.
Sorry that I skipped to mention the prices. All these prices are before negotiation.
1. 2022 new car - 38.8L including 2 years EW.
2. 2022 demo car done just 3000kms - No price yet.
3. 2021 factory display car done 0kms - 37L.

What is your advice on my confusion?
Old 3rd February 2023, 22:36   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry that I skipped to mention the prices. All these prices are before negotiation.

Get the 2021 factory display car with 0 miles. May be you can get a slightly better deal of say 35.5 or 36. For 7-8 years the VW should serve you well. It’s past that age that expenses will crop up.
KKapadia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 22:50   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As you don't have a quote on the 2022 demo unit I will skip commenting on that one.

If you can negotiate Service Pack along with Extended Warranty with a 'round-off' discount to 38L then I would go with this option.

First, Is the display car in the colour you like?, If not are you okay with compromising on colour on such an expensive car. Second, Do extensive T-Bhp PDI before proceeding with this one. A german car largely sitting in the same spot for almost ~1.5 years may not be the good idea. Additionally, try and bundle the extended warranty and service pack for the same should you decide to go this route.

Let us know how it works out : )
Maky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 00:56   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am very much in this situation. I want a trouble free ownership for 7-8 years, if not more. I generally hold on to the car for as long as possible. So more than 7-8 years is good to have but not mandatory. This will be my only car.
If in your place I would definitely go for Tiguan. I found Tucson too soft for my liking. I just love everything about Tiguan including the stiff ride. I felt it’s much more fun to drive than Tucson.
But then, your running is actually high for a petrol SUV. So if you can get over it, Tiguan is a good choice.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 22:54   #580
BHPian

The price is still the same
2022 new car - 38.5L including 5th & 6th year warranty. (They reduced just 30K for sake of negotiation).
2021 factory display car with 0kms done - 37.8L including 4th & 5th year warranty since the car is already completed 1 year.

This price difference doesn't justify my usage of around 1200 +/- 100 kms/month for me to consider the Tiguan over Tucson. Which means, I will have to spend approx. 6k-7K more just for the fuel alone. Except for the driving dynamics and looks, there is nothing significant that Tiguan scores over the CKD Tucson. So I am dropping Tiguan in favour of Tucson.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 23:08   #581
BHPian

Quote:
The price is still the same
2022 new car - 38.5L including 5th & 6th year warranty. (They reduced just 30K for sake of negotiation).
2021 factory display car with 0kms done - 37.8L including 4th & 5th year warranty since the car is already completed 1 year.

This price difference doesn't justify my usage of around 1200 +/- 100 kms/month for me to consider the Tiguan over Tucson. Which means, I will have to spend approx. 6k-7K more just for the fuel alone. Except for the driving dynamics and looks, there is nothing significant that Tiguan scores over the CKD Tucson. So I am dropping Tiguan in favour of Tucson.
Just one more question. How long are you willing to wait before the delivery of Tucson happens?
If you are willing to wait for a long period of time (maybe a year) then I guess its okay to get Tucson.
Or else just go for the Tiguan.
Mahin_P21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 16:40   #582
R_R
BHPian

Quote:

PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS & RECOMMENDATIONS.
I ultimately didn't buy the VW Tiguan, went for the Toyota Fortuner instead. So I am not sure I can help in your decisionmaking, but for me, I couldn't afford to spend 40L unless I could keep the car for the full 15 years. With the Tiguan, this was a bit iffy, which was why I ultimately, very reluctantly, made the choice I made. For 7-8 years that you want, the EW on the Tiguan should suffice. The Tiguan isn't selling that well, best I can tell. So I would bargain hard on a new car, I think. Try to get the full EW into the price. All the best!
R_R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 19:47   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahin_P21 View Post
Just one more question. How long are you willing to wait before the delivery of Tucson happens?
If you are willing to wait for a long period of time (maybe a year) then I guess its okay to get Tucson.
Or else just go for the Tiguan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
I ultimately didn't buy the VW Tiguan, went for the Toyota Fortuner instead. So I am not sure I can help in your decisionmaking, but for me, I couldn't afford to spend 40L unless I could keep the car for the full 15 years. With the Tiguan, this was a bit iffy, which was why I ultimately, very reluctantly, made the choice I made. For 7-8 years that you want, the EW on the Tiguan should suffice. The Tiguan isn't selling that well, best I can tell. So I would bargain hard on a new car, I think. Try to get the full EW into the price. All the best!
Well, another important factor (other than the cost) to drop the Tiguan off the list at present is that I strongly feel (I may be wrong also) VW will shortly launch an updated Tiguan along with the CAFE/BS6.2 compliance which may include features like ventilated seats and ADAS. And most likely Tiguan will also be priced competitively along with Tucson.

While AWD is not mandatory for me, I still negotiated for 1.5L less. But the dealer is not budging. The discount given for an almost end of life product model is definite not enough. That too for a VW. There are already 3 demo cars available for sale with the dealer for quite sometime which is not finding any takers. This validates the value of Tiguan in the market. Since this will be only car for the next 7-8 years, I cannot take any chance. Probably I will wait till April for the BS6.2 compliant Tiguan after which I will take a call while I am also waiting for the booked Tucson.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 23:11   #584
BHPian

Question to all owners - Does the Tiguan come with active cylinder technology? Kushaq and Taigun gets this. But what about it in Tiguan?
And if yes, why does it give such a low mileage (7-8 in city, 10-11 in highway, 9-10 combined) with this technology, especially in the city?
Old 6th February 2023, 00:38   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Question to all owners - Does the Tiguan come with active cylinder technology? Kushaq and Taigun gets this. But what about it in Tiguan?
And if yes, why does it give such a low mileage (7-8 in city, 10-11 in highway, 9-10 combined) with this technology, especially in the city?
ACT tech is only available in 1.5 TSI engines, not the 2.0 TSI in the Tiguan. Your mileage is on par with other examples such as the Kodiaq. Start using XP 95 if yiu haven’t been using it, you’ll see a marginal improvement in FE and refinement.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks