Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2022, 07:45   #541

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Anyone has done ppf for your car recently? Would need your valuable suggestions on ppf's durability and anything one need to be aware of. I've mixed feelings after reading a lot about ppf on our forum. I've shortlisted Xpel Ultimate, if I decide to go with. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Old 13th December 2022, 11:27   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawil View Post
Anyone has done ppf for your car recently?
Having gone through this cycle multiple times over the last few years, my recommendation would be to avoid PPF. Go with a single layer of good quality ceramic coating and get it inspected annually. Should be more than enough.

Please do share some pictures of your Tiguan.
cool_dube is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 12:05   #543

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Having gone through this cycle multiple times over the last few years, my recommendation would be to avoid PPF. Go with a single layer of good quality ceramic coating and get it inspected annually. Should be more than enough.

Sure. Awaiting Delivery!!
Old 14th December 2022, 13:21   #544

Hello members,

Has anybody fitted dash cam (front and rear) for the Tiguan? Would request some inputs on this. The dealer does not seem to have anything specific. I just want to ensure that I get a good front and rear dash cam installed without compromising on any warranties on the car, electrical, wiring or otherwise.

Thanks,
Babu
Old 14th December 2022, 19:35   #545
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Tucson vs Jeep Compass vs Volkswagen Tigaun

CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 14:28   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone has done ppf for your car recently? Would need your valuable suggestions on ppf's durability and anything one need to be aware of. I've mixed feelings after reading a lot about ppf on our forum. I've shortlisted Xpel Ultimate, if I decide to go with. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
If your car is mostly city driven my suggestion is to go for PPF atleast till the side mirror level.Otherwise as advised in the other posts ceramic coating itself should suffice.I got my Nightshade blue Tiguan done the same way but just got ceramic done on my Silver I20 because it costs almost the same to repaint the panel than to put PPF.

Last edited by charan23 : 15th December 2022 at 14:30. Reason: Spelling mistake
charan23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 15:15   #547
BHPian

Quote:
I've mixed feelings after reading a lot about ppf on our forum. I've shortlisted Xpel Ultimate, if I decide to go with. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Hello. It has been about 14 months that I have installed PPF on my entirety of my car. Sharing my experience with you.
  1. PPF also needs maintenance. It has to be cared for like car paint. If you do not, it will start looking shoddy. The maintenance is the same as car paint the difference being if its gets scratched instead of a repaint, one can replace the PPF sheet.

2. Once installed the maintenance is very simple. The PPF will be polished over. In order to keep that in good shape, a ceramic spray can be applied every month to keep it protected. It is a simple spray bottle and can be simply wiped off. When you feel the car is dirty, have it washed. Ensure that it is NOT washed daily. That will be detrimental. Once washed, apply the ceramic spray.

3. When parked keep the car covered if you can. It makes it easier to maintain

4. Invest in high GSM microfiber cloths. It makes a world of a difference.

5. In just 14 months the PPF on my car has saved me considerable costs in paint damage. From stone chips to some unscrupulous motorists who do not give two hoots about you or your car.
Newtown is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 20:02   #548
BHPian

Any feed on what sort of mileage the Tiguan is giving……city as well as long drives!
Old 16th December 2022, 14:25   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibyendu Bose View Post
Any feed on what sort of mileage the Tiguan is giving……city as well as long drives!
14 to 15 on the highway.11 in the city.
charan23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 17:59   #550

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post

Attaching a few photos of the nightshade blue.
The car is actually really good value for money, the engine feels much better in this than the kodiaq.

Getting a mileage of around 9 in the city and 13 on the highway which is fairly decent considering the power available on tap.

The new exclusive edition rims look much better in my opinion and I might consider upgrading them, anyone knows about the pricing?

I’ve also driven the new Tucson and Tiguan back to back and the drive is way superior on the Tiguan, would definitely recommend it if you love driving.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-c27a3934f8b1475d83ace9be016c8e0c.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-824b0ab9ecd541b6968b1996acbc28d7.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-d1c368108c7b4f97b09b9052b3e24a03.jpeg  

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review-5ce4fd7fde1d4b429d726fe75753c0bc.jpeg  

Tanay24 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 01:25   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanay24 View Post

The new exclusive edition rims look much better in my opinion and I might consider upgrading them, anyone knows about the pricing?
These are the Sebring alloy wheels which is detailed in the accessories booklet as well. As per the dealer, it’s priced at 32,500 per alloy.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 10:51   #552

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
These are the Sebring alloy wheels which is detailed in the accessories booklet as well. As per the dealer, it’s priced at 32,500 per alloy.
Thank you,
Also has anyone considered or already done painting the black cladding to the body coloured? If yes kindly share photos.

I don’t have enough knowledge on paints so could someone recommend if this can be done and would it last well?

Thank you
Old 19th December 2022, 12:00   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanay24 View Post
Thank you,
Also has anyone considered or already done painting the black cladding to the body coloured? If yes kindly share photos.

I don’t have enough knowledge on paints so could someone recommend if this can be done and would it last well?

Thank you
I had checked the same, the service center said it can be done. I have seen it done on a TRoc and looks quite good. However after using the car for a few months I do feel that the plastic cladding is practical and helps avoid pavement dinks and small stones etc. I would be keeping it as it is after some thought.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 18:18   #554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibyendu Bose View Post
Getting around 8 (normal mode), 9-10 (Eco) in the city and 15 on an average in highways. I recently went for a 180 kms round trip on the highway and it was around 16.4.
Old 23rd December 2022, 20:09   #555
BHPian

Hello Everyone!

I am almost in a mindset of cross shopping from Octavia to Tiguan. Octavia L&K is up 37 OTR and I am not much happy with Skoda removing features silently and hiking prices.

So why not extend 2 more Lakh and get a Tiguan (Screw my mind ).

I see there are no fogs in Tiguan. Dear owners, do you miss them on your night drives or the IQ light makes up for it?

I am yet to get a TD of Tiguan. But i have made a TD of octavia several times and been quietly impressed with its sheer pleasure. How is the drive performance in Tiguan. Are there anyone like me hanging between Octavia and Tiguan, please share your thoughts.
vagster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks