Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2022, 21:50   #511
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

A quick update on the Tiguan. Its been 8 months and 12500kms with the Tiguan and I am very happy with the car. No squeaks or rattles and the cars feels as good as new.

Only glitch so far has been the seat memory. Its seems to "forget" its setting every now and then.

I have been maintaining 36psi all around and the car feels good. Have taken it over mixed terrains and the car is a good allrounder. And the average fuel efficiency so far has been around 10kmpl on xp95 over 12k kms. This seems good considering the drive was a fair mix of rural roads, highways and a few hill station trips.

The headlights are quite good on highway trips and never felt like they needed an upgrade.

There was a discussion regarding the Hankooks. I feel the stock tyres on the car are really good both in dry and wet. I never had a high opinion on Hankooks as a brand, especially after the terrible stock ones on the octavia vrs. I personally wouldn't mind repeating them when its time to replace tyres. Suspect availability though.

What could have been better / could have features:
1. engine noise insulation
2. Sound system - Its just plain and could have been better.
3. Wireless CarPlay would have been nice to have.
4. AC could be better. Not a patch on the Jetta's AC.

Happy motoring.
differential is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 00:03   #512
BHPian

The engine start stop button on my car sometimes doesn't work on the first press. It requires 2-3 firm push to work. Anyone else faced this issue?
Old 20th October 2022, 00:34   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
The engine start stop button on my car sometimes doesn't work on the first press. It requires 2-3 firm push to work. Anyone else faced this issue?
Faced this on our 2018 Tiguan recently.
Was changed under extended warranty during routine service without any issues.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 12:03   #514
BHPian

Did a 1250 km trip this week. 40% on expressway ( speed limited to 100 …speed cameras ) 30 % highway and 30% state highways and cities. Got an average of 14.5 for the trip. Used xp95 throughout.

Last edited by troika : 26th October 2022 at 12:04. Reason: Spelling
troika is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 12:49   #515
BHPian

Anyone coded the 80/120 alarm? can you share a reliable resource to do this?
Also- does it affect the warranty?
Old 28th October 2022, 13:00   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshb18 View Post

You would require a VCDS cable. Once you have that, you can follow the process in the below link. It's fairly easy and straightforward.

torque18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 15:20   #517
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshb18 View Post
Bhpian troika had done it earlier this year. Shared in this post

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5271579 (2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review)
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 16:20   #518
BHPian

Ownership update –
Completed the 1-month 1k check up which they call as Swagath service.
Per the ASS as part of this check up - they run system checks, software updates if any, check for any issues reported during the first one month and retorque the nuts and bolts as per the prescribed parameters. It also included a free dry wash and vacuum cleaning for the interiors.
Post service I was given a welcome cleaning kit which comprised of Windshield cleaning liquid, shampoo, microfiber cloth and a sponge. Over all quick and clean service experience no drama.
Car Likes –
Absolutely love the size and the power combination of the vehicle, one of the main reasons I chose the Tiguan. Its large spacious, roomy at the back and packs a punch when needed.
Another strong point is the overall feeling of sophistication and being put together well product feel. Very difficult to describe but sitting inside most of its competitors and then sitting back in the Tiguan makes it feel somehow plusher and refined. NVH levels are also very well maintained inside the cabin.
Everything works as expected so far, no niggles, rattles or creeks.
I use apple music most of the time and the spatial lossless audio stands out when you use it. I like my music but not an audiophile but for me speakers work just fine.
Could have been better –
Although using the wired apple play is easy and no issues at all, would have preferred wireless car play especially those times when you are in hurry. I know there is good Bluetooth connectivity but still could have been nice.
I got to use the heated seats one very rainy and cold early morning in Bangalore for one of my airport runs, and it turned out to be a great experience. Left me thinking if it did have cooling as well would have been fantastic.
Accessories and further updates to the car-
Have not opted for ceramic or PPF and the I feel the shine and paint is holding up fine. Don’t intend to go for it either.
Have ordered a Carlink adapter for wireless carplay, will post a review once I get it and use it for a bit.
Coding is on the agenda but unfortunately haven’t had the chance to get it done yet.

Overall so far, very happy with the purchase and has ticked the boxes it was supposed to tick. Would definitely recommend to enthusiasts who are on the fence to go for this and you will not be left wanting. Some recent pics of the car
Attached Images

EaurougeatSpa is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 14:23   #519
BHPian

Hi Tiguan lovers,
Just to update, the colour of my choice is available at my dealership. I also have an XUV700 booking which is expected in the end of next month. I am in a dilemma. Which one should I go for?
Thanks for your inputs.
Old 10th November 2022, 17:16   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
Hi Tiguan lovers,
Just to update, the colour of my choice is available at my dealership. I also have an XUV700 booking which is expected in the end of next month. I am in a dilemma. Which one should I go for?
Thanks for your inputs.
XUV700: Extra space (2 seats), abuse friendly, less expensive to maintain, better service but short on refinement. (you also save enough money to buy a hatchback)
Tiguan : More refined and better drive but not abuse friendly and not so great service quality and coverage.

Last edited by Guna : 10th November 2022 at 17:18.
Guna is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 17:21   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
Hi Tiguan lovers,
Thanks for your inputs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
XUV700: Extra space (2 seats), abuse friendly, less expensive to maintain, better service but short on refinement. (you also save enough money to buy a hatchback)
Tiguan : More refined and better drive but not abuse friendly and not so great service quality and coverage.
I think this has been covered in the pages in this thread. Take all the pointers but drive both cars see what your top 3 things are which you want from your car and which car suffices those things and then select. Tiguan for refinement, driving pleasure. Xuv for unbeatable value for money proposition.
All the best!

Last edited by EaurougeatSpa : 10th November 2022 at 17:23.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 17:23   #522
BHPian

Quote:
XUV700: less expensive to maintain, better service but short on refinement. (you also save enough money to buy a hatchback)
Tiguan : not so great service quality and coverage.
Dear Guna!
Really on point. Appreciate your inputs. I love the way each one of us understands the requirements of the other person.
After I had posted the query, I realised I haven’t detailed my requirements at all. Yet your reply is really what I needed. Thanks a lot.
Karaboudjan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 22:47   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Wondering what is it that makes XUV700 more abuse-friendly than Tiguan other than the Mahindra vs VW brand image? Just trying to understand the thoughts and reasons. I would have thought the same about Scorpio-N vs Tiguan but not really with XUV700.
VinsWagen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 23:15   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsWagen View Post
Wondering what is it that makes XUV700 more abuse-friendly than Tiguan other than the Mahindra vs VW brand image? Just trying to understand the thoughts and reasons. I would have thought the same about Scorpio-N vs Tiguan but not really with XUV700.
One reason is the image I have about Mahindra cars (I have seen some XUV500s coping very well with rough usage). Second reason is my own experience with the Tiguan Allspace over just few months of ownership. Some minor incident/accidents have resulted in much more damage than I expected (which are costly and time consuming to fix).

Last edited by Guna : 15th November 2022 at 23:18.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 21:42   #525
BHPian

Hello again,
Wanted to know that does the navigation in Tiguan show up on the digital cluster or only on the HU? What about the navigation using Google / Apple maps via CarPlay?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks