Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2022, 08:59   #496
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Yes, I am considering the spoiler. Holding the order as I’m deciding should I go with deep black or with the same grey paint. Thoughts are welcome
I would definitely get the black spoiler, it would accentuate and enhance the rear and will look dope on grey. When I had booked Tiguan in Oryx White, I was pretty clear on 2 accessories - the black spoiler, and the sport pedals.
Jangra is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 10:41   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
I would definitely get the black spoiler, it would accentuate and enhance the rear and will look dope on grey. When I had booked Tiguan in Oryx White, I was pretty clear on 2 accessories - the black spoiler, and the sport pedals.
Yea those were my two must haves as well. I agree with you on the black. I think it will add great contrast. Will go for that. Thanks!
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 16:44   #498

I've been following this thread and doing research on options for a mid-size SUV for the last 6 months. Finally, decided to go ahead with the Tiguan and paid up the booking amount for the Deep Black option last week. While my loan application has been processed and I shall be making the entire DP soon, wanted to understand when will the dealership share the VIN of the allotted vehicle. The SA told me that I need to make the DP for them to share details VIN details from the system. Also, since the vehicle is at the stockyard, will the dealership have me do the PDI of the vehicle before I make the DP or before the loan amount is disbursed?
Would appreciate some clarity on this please!
Old 8th October 2022, 17:35   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msync73 View Post
I've been following this thread and doing research on options for a mid-size SUV for the last 6 months. Finally, decided to go ahead with the Tiguan and paid up the booking amount for the Deep Black option last week. While my loan application has been processed and I shall be making the entire DP soon, wanted to understand when will the dealership share the VIN of the allotted vehicle. The SA told me that I need to make the DP for them to share details VIN details from the system. Also, since the vehicle is at the stockyard, will the dealership have me do the PDI of the vehicle before I make the DP or before the loan amount is disbursed?
I paid only the booking amount to bill the car and get VIN. Dealer is just trying to secure the deal but if something is wrong with the car, your money would be stuck until new one arrives if you decline this one. I would strongly suggest to keep the DP minimum and ask for a PDI before you release more payment.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 18:23   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msync73 View Post
The SA told me that I need to make the DP for them to share details VIN details from the system. Also, since the vehicle is at the stockyard, will the dealership have me do the PDI of the vehicle before I make the DP or before the loan amount is disbursed?
My SA gave me the VIN number once the car was allotted to them. At that point I only had paid the booking amount. I checked the VIN details post which decided to do PDI. There is no need to make the full DP or the full disbursement in case if self payment Untill you finish PDI. In some cases I have seen dealers asking for some amount of DP but that is totally on voluntary basis.
Old 9th October 2022, 00:38   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Happy to share that we took delivery of our Dolphin Grey Tiguan.
Congratulations on your new car. That look like Palace Cross VW?

Last edited by vb-saan : 9th October 2022 at 07:26. Reason: For readability, please avoid quoting a whole long post.
Old 9th October 2022, 08:49   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajamass View Post
Congratulations on your new car. That look like Palace Cross VW?
Thank you. Yes it is.
Old 11th October 2022, 02:43   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Happy to share that we took delivery of our Dolphin Grey Tiguan.

Many thanks to the TBhpians and the varied posts on multiple threads that have helped make this decision over the past few weeks. ”.
Congratulations and hats off to your patience & persistence on the Tiguan. I am personally enjoying the perfect blend of sportiness and comfort that it provides without moving to the German Trio brands. Did you take the extended warranty and the service package and if so how much did it cost ?

Do play around with individual driving mode in settings as allows you some degree of personalisation the way she drives.
MadHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 06:46   #504
BHPian

Hello All,
I had a few queries:
1. What is the current on road pricing and waiting periods for the Tiguan in Mumbai?
2. What kind of real world mileage are you owners getting from this beast of a machine?
Old 11th October 2022, 08:12   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHawk View Post
Congratulations and hats off to your patience & persistence on the Tiguan. I am personally enjoying the perfect blend of sportiness and comfort that it provides without moving to the German Trio brands. Did you take the extended warranty and the service package and if so how much did it cost ?

Do play around with individual driving mode in settings as allows you some degree of personalisation the way she drives.
Thank you Madhawk. I knew I wanted this one so the wait was bearable
Yes, I intend to purchase the EW and SP, the dealer has told me that it would take a couple of weeks for them to initiate the same based on the chassis number and the pricing would be shared at that time. As of now I believe the extended service pack is 79k and 4+2/150k Kms EW is also around 79k
Old 11th October 2022, 08:30   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
Hello All,
I had a few queries:
1. What is the current on road pricing and waiting periods for the Tiguan in Mumbai?
2. What kind of real world mileage are you owners getting from this beast of a machine?
Hi!
I’m not sure if the OTR for mumbai but the ex showroom price was increased by around 70k from oct 1st. I believe that they are prioritizing Tiguan deliveries for the festive period so you should be able to get one sooner now in my week of driving, I have been averaging about 9.5 to 11 but this is with sedate driving in the city.
Old 13th October 2022, 12:18   #507

Hi - Congratulations on the Tiguan..Wishing you a lot of happy miles and smiles!
Babu R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 11:26   #508

My fellow BHPians,
Feeling great to be part of a wonderful forum. I've been an avid follower of team bhp for almost 8 years and this is my first post. Team Bhp has been my One-Stop Shop for learning all technical know-hows of cars . Time has come, I'm in need of your valuable expertise/suggestions on deciding upon my next car, I know it's more of a personal choice but I would love to hear your expertise before making my decision. To be brief, I've pre-booked Hyundai Tucson Diesel Signature 2WD(Dual Tone White) and also booked VW Tiguan(Night Shade Blue) a month ago. I test drove both the vehicles only on city(~10km) and I really liked VW Tiguan's performance over Tucson. But my only apprehension with VW is their service/reliability since I've read quite few issues with Tiguan All space. Have heard incidents about VW SA's inability in diagnosing issues properly, going for lot of trial and error fixes mostly for CKD/CBU units. Would love to hear your perspective/POV in this aspect, has anything improved or one still has to live with a lingering fear back of our mind owning a Tiguan. Appreciate your valuable responses!!
cawil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 17:19   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawil View Post
Appreciate your valuable responses!!
Having owned a few VW vehicles (both CBU and Indian made) I would say that my experience with the ASS has been very good. I also have other hyundai vehicles and the experience has been on par with them in Bangalore. With the rising costs of other manufacturers, the servicing costs are also now more or less on par. I would suggest you can make a decision solely based on your car preference and not be overly worried about after sales services experiences.
Old 15th October 2022, 17:58   #510

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawil View Post
But my only apprehension with VW is their service/reliability since I've read quite few issues with Tiguan All space. Have heard incidents about VW SA's inability in diagnosing issues properly, going for lot of trial and error fixes mostly for CKD/CBU units.
While service can be a function specific to SAs, reliability is another thing. I myself have been following different Tiguan groups and there seem to be some issues globally with it's reliability. A lot of people in US have traded their Tiguans mentioning frequent visits to the service centers as the sole reason.

P.S. I am in the same boat as you and currently sitting on bookings for both cars.
Kumbaya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks