Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2022, 12:51   #481
R_R
BHPian

Re: 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Thanks. VW would increase the prices from October 1st and am wondering if waiting for the nightshade blue is worth the wait. If it takes 4-5 months then there is a chance that the prices might again increase and i basically pay more just for the color.
Depends, I would think, on whether they had any other colour that they can deliver before October 1. If not, if you anyway have to pay a higher price, maybe nightshade blue is worth the wait? It is gorgeous, I must say, but I agree that it may not be worth the higher price, unless you anyway have to pay a higher price.
Old 23rd September 2022, 12:58   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Am unable to get commitment from SA for nightshade blue colour. The dealer is not comfortable taking the booking for blue as they have not received a single blue in the last 8-9 months. Just wanted to know is this the case with all dealers across India?
I booked my car in April 1st week at KUN Volkswagen Chennai.I was commited delivery in July 1st week.All the other colours were offered though i booked nightshade blue.I stood ground and took delivery in August last week.From the info i got from the sales team,nighshade blue has been overbooked and they are not being allotted more than 1 to 2 cars per city per month.Hence the long wait.
charan23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 11:39   #483

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
In NCR, I was told that it would take a couple of months to get this colour. It seems rare, despite it's popularity. Though one of the cars I test drove was nightshade blue!
Does anyone have visibility into the current waiting periods for Tiguan in Gurgaon / NCR? I booked mine in 1st week of September on the understanding that VW is going to honor all bookings this festive season. But now I am being told that the cars are not coming in again.

Any insights here would be helpful!
Old 6th October 2022, 12:39   #484
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumbaya View Post
Does anyone have visibility into the current waiting periods for Tiguan in Gurgaon / NCR? I booked mine in 1st week of September on the understanding that VW is going to honor all bookings this festive season. But now I am being told that the cars are not coming in again.

I am no longer looking at the Tiguan, so I have no updates. But when I was asking in early September, I was told 2-3 months, so November latest, I would think. Note also that I hear there has been a significant price hike too, from October 1.
R_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 21:57   #485
BHPian

Happy to share that we took delivery of our Dolphin Grey Tiguan.

Many thanks to the TBhpians and the varied posts on multiple threads that have helped make this decision over the past few weeks.

Booking and Delivery process -

My SA reached out to me a few weeks back saying they are finally getting good number of allotments as promised by VW and to asked me to keep everything ready from my end. I had given nightshade blue and dolphin grey as my color preferences. The following day got a call again confirming that VW has allotted a dolphin grey to the dealer and SA checked with me if I wanted to go ahead with it or wait for another color. Over the past few weeks I had come to like the dolphin grey more than the black and hence gave the go ahead to the SA. The SA shared the VIN number with me after that which indicated the car was fresh out of the plant.

Three days later the car was in the dealer stock yard and ready for PDI. I requested the SA to get the car to the showroom as their stock yard is far away from the city center and was obliged. The dealer had performed their PDI as well and said that all was in order from their side. I did a quick PDI check and the ODO was at 31 Kms (21 Kms to the showroom from the stock yard included) which seemed reasonable to me. The tires were also from a new batch. Cleared the PDI and made a part payment to the dealer to commence the formalities. Once we agreed on the insurance quote, inclusions and was provided the details next day, released the remaining payment to him.

Rest was all as per protocol and was kept informed though the RTO process and other formalities and was informed that the car would be ready for delivery in 3 days’ time but since I was traveling and the festival days were up ahead, decided to move the delivery to the day of the festival.

Delivery day -

All lastminute paperwork was completed, fast tag affixed, and the number plates also received from the RTO and installed on the car. I had also requested for some other accessories such as the dynamic hub caps (indulgence) and the aluminum sport pedals which had also been already installed.

This was followed by the unveiling of the car and a cake cutting. A detailed hour long walk through was provided by the SA on features, booklets etc which was very well done. Came across quite a few features which I had not known earlier such as the unique car seat setting that are associated to each key fob, side mirror settings auto application to the other mirrors, rear washer for the camera etc. The factory paint comes with a 6-year warranty and 12-year corrosion warranty as well.

Post this, a quick final inspection was required to be performed and signed off as a part of the handover documents. Received an idol, some chocolates, flowers, car fragrance etc as a gift. Handed over some sweets which we had got for the staff and thanked them. Overall, a very well organized and executed handover session at the dealer.

The Journey of choosing the right car for me –

The two years of no travel at work and or otherwise and being stuck at home started the itch of buying a new car again. As usual I follow most car launches whichever segment they belong too. Below are a few cars that I came close to buy or consider -

Skoda Superb – This has always had my eye ever since the first generation was launched in India. Absolutely love this car and especially more because I am a sedan guy (yes, I am laughing at myself now considering the thread on which I am posting this). Test drove it, loved it. Felt very comfortable, safe but two things drove me out of this first love. No 1 was that it felt like It added 10 years to my age when I was driving the L&K version and second was that the rear seat is strictly for two people. Moved on.

Skoda Octavia – Loved the look of the car, asked for a test drive and absolutely loved the rocket combo of the 2.0 engine and the size of the car. I have a Verna in my garage and in comparison, the Octavia did not feel much bigger especially at the rear. Strangely also felt claustrophobic at the back. Moved on.

Skoda Kodiaq – While I was on my test drive for the Octavia, the SA showed me some pics of the upcoming Kodiaq when I shared with him that I felt the Octavia wasn’t spacious enough. The Kodiaq looked impressive and decided to have a look at it when it launched in a couple of weeks time. I went for the unveiling of the Kodiaq and the first thing that hit me was the sheer size of the car especially from the side. A land yacht. The kit was very impressive and so was the introductory price at the time of launch. Shortlisted this.

VW Tiguan – My current dealer had been updating me on the upcoming Tiguan with pics and some reading material. At the time of the official launch I was bitterly disappointed that they did not offer a Rline nor the Rline Trim as optional. Anyway was keen to check it out. A test drive vehicle was dispatched home for a drive after a few weeks of launch. As I had summarized my initial observations in an earlier post will not repeat myself much but just limit to three things that really stood out for me as to why I chose the Tiguan–

1. Engine was a delight, lots of room to rev up, smooth as butter and the paddle shifters made for instant overtakes on the highway a breeze.

2. Whatever kit was provided as a part of the car felt top notch. Everything was clutter free, simple and practical e.g. the lights

3. Classic understated VW look. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but for me it hit the right spot.
There were compromises to be made though, which took some time in my head. More kit was desirable at this price point, why oh why did they not get the R line trim.
Took a few more test drives and as they say time provides the best context, the price and the kit offered started to make sense considering other manufactures increasing prices and lowering kits in some cases (Audi etc).

Outside contenders – BMW X3 – loved the way it looked and the updated kit but did not want to splurge that kind of money for a X3. XC40 and XC40 recharge, but the space it offered was the biggest issue.

At the end of the day it boiled down to the Tiguan vs the Kodiaq and the smile that the Tiguan put on my face every time I drove it hard was hard to ignore. As I have always felt especially in buying a car, heart trumps all logic and so I went for what my heart wanted. Hope this was a good read albeit a long one. Hope to share more as a part of my initial ownership experiences. As Jeremy Clarkson would say “Powerrrrrrr”.
Attached Images

Last edited by GTO : 8th October 2022 at 10:20. Reason: Please use paragraph spacing; aids readability
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (62) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 23:05   #486
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post

Many thanks to the TBhpians and the varied posts on multiple threads that have helped make this decision over the past few weeks.

[
Congratulations! This was clearly an agonizing wait that stretched out for almost a year. But the Tiguan is definitely worth it as it stands alone in its own little niche of a segment. Wish you all the best with the car.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 23:38   #487
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations, @EaurougeatSpa!! Looks gorgeous. Happy you stuck with the Tiguan, and wishing you lots of (s)miles with the Tig! I'll look on in envy!
R_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 00:06   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations EaurougeatSpa. The Tiguan is the most understated car that gives the pleasure of driving without getting too much unwanted attention. Sadly my Tiguan dreams are over, but I am happy that at least I will be able to drool over (and may be drive) your Tiguan whenever we meet.

Last edited by ChetanM6 : 7th October 2022 at 00:09.
ChetanM6 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 00:07   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumbaya View Post

There were 5 Tiguans for delivery during this week at my dealer in Bangalore. My SA did say that they are expecting even more numbers this month to fulfill Diwali deliveries. So I would suggest you to check with the management of your dealership and to push for an allotment.

Last edited by EaurougeatSpa : 7th October 2022 at 00:09.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 11:27   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations man! Finally after a long wait, I’m sure you must be very excited. Enjoy your ride and wish you decades of happy miles
Jangra is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 12:19   #491
BHPian

Congrats EaurougeatSpa on your VW Tiguan; wish you years of happy motoring ! The Tiguan is an understated car and is an absolute VFM.

You can get many more features enabled through VCDS, adds to the experience of VW ownership.
rpunwani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 14:42   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As Jeremy Clarkson would say “Powerrrrrrr”.
Congratulations!!! I would say the best choice in SUV space in that budget or slightly above
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 15:12   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Heartiest Congratulations EaurougeatSpa. Hats off to your patience while waiting for the Tiguan, but rest assured this vehicle is definitely worth the wait. Great to see another dolphin grey on the TBHP. Wish you a great ownership experience.
Rest assured, the Tiguan will bring a smile to your face every time you drive it. Cheers
troika is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 18:49   #494

Quote:
Many Congratulations. Grey looks awesome. Any reason you chose grey over blue? Glad to know about the accessories especially the pedals. Did you consider the spoiler they offer as an accessory?
Old 7th October 2022, 20:21   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Congratulations man! Finally after a long wait, I’m sure you must be very excited. Enjoy your ride and wish you decades of happy miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot_tsi View Post
Many Congratulations. Grey looks awesome. Any reason you chose grey over blue? Glad to know about the accessories especially the pedals. Did you consider the spoiler they offer as an accessory?
Thank you. My family really liked the blue, I liked the grey. But the dealer said they can’t promise a delivery of blue now and not even sure if they can in the near future. Hence decided to close on my choice of grey ( divine intervention )
Yes, I am considering the spoiler. Holding the order as I’m deciding should I go with deep black or with the same grey paint. Thoughts are welcome
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks