Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2021, 14:14   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview

2022 Skoda Slavia Interior Teaser Has Strong New Fabia Vibes.

Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-1.jpg

Fabia Interiors:

Skoda Slavia First Drive & Preview-skodafabia2021.jpg

Quote:
The latest teaser episode allows us to take a peek inside the cabin where the 2022 Slavia looks oh-so-familiar. That's because the dashboard design and layout appear to be a spitting image of the new Fabia, right down to the design and shape of the air vents as well as the copper accents bisecting the dash.
Quote:
The two-spoke steering wheel has already been installed in most Skoda models and it appears the Slavia will also inherit the DSG's gear lever from the Fabia, along with the adjacent buttons. The center console with its tablet-like infotainment system (up to 10 inches in size) atop the air vents sends strong supermini vibes, as does the digital instrument cluster.

While on the edges of the driver's display it says "Fabia" on the subcompact hatchback, the Czech automaker has decided to simply write "SKODA" rather than "Slavia" in its new sedan. Another small difference is the addition of a small storage area incorporated in the upper part of the dashboard, which you're not going to find in the subcompact hatchback sold in Europe and other markets

Link
volkman10 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 14:34   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Zac Hollis just shared the interior sketches of the Slavia, it looks premium compared to Kushaq. Digital cockpit looks like the one in Karoq and above cars and not like Taigun which also is a plus.
I would advise to not get excited for the digital cockpit just yet. Even the Kushaq and Taigun's interior sketches had full blown digital clusters but they both have something different in flesh and bones. But if they are projecting it to be a premium offering than Kushaq then who knows, maybe they offer a full blown digital cockpit in it.

Other than that the interior feel appears to be tipping more towards the octavia than Kushaq
UltraViolence is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 15:20   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
It's hard to say for sure because I can't see it clearly (not even in the official image), but is the turn signal stalk on the right side? If it is, I'm glad Škoda finally learnt that after 20 years in India (and even more in the UK, I believe). Existing VW Group owners will have a hard time, but I think it's a good move nevertheless.
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 15:28   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadlover1705 View Post
I had booked the Kushaq 1.5 MT Style after TDing all cars in the segment and almost all were disappointing - I’ll write a detailed post on these experiences soon. Looking at the Slavia and considering it looks better packed offering than Kushaq I’m in two minds about cancelling the booking until I get a better look at the Slavia.

Request your valuable guidance. The Kushaq is ready in the stockyard but I’ve not given a go ahead to the bank yet. Help me!
How urgent is the need for the car. Although the Slavia is due for an unveil on the 18th of this month, the car will be launched in February 2022. Please refer to the following new article I came across.

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...442214674.html

Hope it helps.
sameer_vwagner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 15:33   #155
BHPian

Looking at the interiors and mainly the digital cockpit, it's easy to conclude that the Slavia will sit above the Kushaq in terms of pricing.
RD150 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 15:38   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD150 View Post
Looking at the interiors and mainly the digital cockpit, it's easy to conclude that the Slavia will sit above the Kushaq in terms of pricing.
Yes I think so, I guess it won't be competing with the City and Verna afterall. I think they are going to price it in the old Octavia Price Bracket, Let's see what the future holds. I still believe that it should be priced between 12-18L for maximum profits but Skoda is Skoda
Old 9th November 2021, 15:47   #157
BHPian

The digital cockpit shouldn't be taken seriously!! - Learnings from Kushaq sketches!

Following can happen:
1) Either Skoda will go for mild update of Kushaq in Q1CY22, to match it to Slavia - most likely triggered by drop is sales / poor performance in comparison to Taigun

OR
2) Slavia will also come with analogue just like Kushaq and they will launch an update/facelift with some of the common features (available in segment today) for Kushaq and Slavia in next 2-3 years, by the time industry would have completely adopted ADAS and other next segment features

The pace at which Skoda and VW gives features to us Indians at same price point as other fully loaded cars, it will be too much to expect Digital cockpit and electronic brake, 360 cam, pano sunroof for next 2-3 years!!

If you have patience wait for sportline/ Monte Carlo variants of these two cars, which will bring these features in coming decade or so!
manpreetsj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 16:03   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_vwagner View Post
How urgent is the need for the car.
Honestly, the need for a new car is driven by the need to sell the Figo 1.5TdCI Sport now as I am getting a decent price which I am sure will not be matched in the next 2 months as another year laps up on the RC and Ford's sudden exit.

Add to that I am looking for a car that is a) safe to drive b) larger than Figo c) FUN

I know my answer is all over the place and precisely depicts my confusion - to go or not to go with the Kushaq 1.5MT.
roadlover1705 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 19:26   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
Yes I think so, I guess it won't be competing with the City and Verna afterall.
Skoda Slavia is a replacement for old Skoda Rapid and will compete with Honda City, Hyundai Verna and the likes. It will be priced similarly as well at the launch. They may price it slightly higher later on ( by adding few features later ) just like they did with Kushaq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
The digital cockpit shouldn't be taken seriously!! - Learnings from Kushaq sketches!
Absolutely agree with that. We shouldn't get carried away with the sketch. If it comes with a digital cockpit, it would be same as Taigun and not Octavia. Although I hope Skoda surprises us here
I just hope that the interior fit and finish ( and those AC vents ) are good as per VAG standards. Kushaq really disappointed us in that area.
rAijin_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 22:01   #160
BHPian

The interiors certainly look premium and enticing. I have a feeling it will get much better plastics and trim unlike the Kushaq. Lot of cues from the current gen Octavia. Pricing will certainly be on the higher side considering Octavia itself is above INR 30 lakhs now. I do wish they come up with a full blown vRS variant to make things more exciting for enthusiasts
Old 9th November 2021, 22:37   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
Skoda Slavia is a replacement for old Skoda Rapid and will compete with Honda City, Hyundai Verna and the likes. It will be priced similarly as well at the launch. They may price it slightly higher later on ( by adding few features later ) just like they did with Kushaq.
If it's priced above the Kushaq, I don't know how it'll be able to compete with the likes of Verna and City
It may create a segment of its own, time will tell if that would be a good decision by VAG or not .
Old 10th November 2021, 10:27   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope so! The Kushaq feels built to a cost and it would be nice if the Slavia didn't.
Old 10th November 2021, 11:02   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
It's hard to say for sure because I can't see it clearly (not even in the official image), but is the turn signal stalk on the right side? If it is, I'm glad Škoda finally learnt that after 20 years in India (and even more in the UK, I believe). Existing VW Group owners will have a hard time, but I think it's a good move nevertheless.
If i’m not mistaken the Kushaq sketches has the hood opening latch on the left. So, taking it with a pinch of salt, but if it happens to be true as above, VAG owners buying these will have a tough couple of months retuning their muscle memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
Yes I think so, I guess it won't be competing with the City and Verna afterall. I think they are going to price it in the old Octavia Price Bracket, Let's see what the future holds. I still believe that it should be priced between 12-18L for maximum profits but Skoda is Skoda
I have a gut feel that the top end of Slavia might be costlier than the current Gen city. It might end up competing with the rumoured hybrid city (again rumoured launch in Feb/March - same time as the Slavia).

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Second this thought of yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I hope so! The Kushaq feels built to a cost and it would be nice if the Slavia didn't.
I don’t know if this would happen as these share platform and there is economy of scale. Parts sharing would be maximised between the two. I only hope that they improve certain parts quality on both next batch Kushaq and Slavia as compared to current Kushaq - the likes of roof lining, sunroof enclosure, regular touch point plastics etc.

I don’t know if they will touch the engine bay plastics but I found them pretty low grade as compared to my polo. For example the windshield washer container lid, yucky plastic!!!
Old 10th November 2021, 12:15   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
I have a gut feel that the top end of Slavia might be costlier than the current Gen city.
Top end Slavia will (and should) be definitely expensive than City as it would come with 1.5 TSI which is a much superior engine to City. Just hope ŠKODA doesn’t go overboard with it.

Ideally they should squarely match 1 TSI pricing with City.

Last edited by sunikkat : 10th November 2021 at 12:16.
Old 10th November 2021, 14:25   #165
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I don't mind an optimistic pricing as long as Skoda sticks to solid German engineering and quality. There are many cheap cars in the market but high quality cars are rare. Hope the Indian car is at par with the international one.
DonHyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks