Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2023, 23:27   #646
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Tata Punch no longer comes with a puncture repair kit
This is a bit of a shame if true. TML is becoming penny wise and pound foolish. I hope this is compensated by some other feature increment!
Old 10th November 2023, 16:33   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
This is a bit of a shame if true. TML is becoming penny wise and pound foolish. I hope this is compensated by some other feature increment!
Why is it so. Is it a mandatory or essential item. Nowadays tyres run without any issue for at least 30K-35K and the sealing fluid has a shelf life and will be of no use after 3 years
raju2512 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 17:20   #648
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

This is a very good strategy similar to super markets offering sample food to taste. Now that customers have gotten a taste of the "added layer of safety", they will happily purchase it by giving tata additional two thousand or so rupees. Every company is here to generate profits, so why not?
Old 11th November 2023, 20:46   #649
BHPian

Hello all. Wanted to ask if there is any news of the Punch getting an ICE update? Hopeful of the one in the Nexon trickling down but not sure if there are any plans for it yet.
Since it was shown on the Altroz Racer concept, just curious.
Old 15th November 2023, 09:33   #650
DSC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaksjr View Post
Hello all. Wanted to ask if there is any news of the Punch getting an ICE update? Hopeful of the one in the Nexon trickling down but not sure if there are any plans for it yet.
Since it was shown on the Altroz Racer concept, just curious.
I don't think so, may be later in 2024 with some cosmetic changes.
DSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 10:04   #651
DSC
BHPian

Any suggestion on the deep scratches on the bumper cladding? Apparently, these can't be handled the same way we do for regular-colored bumpers and seems like you can't put sticker on them due to the texture of the surface.
Attached Images

Last edited by DSC : 15th November 2023 at 10:09. Reason: Added a reference image
Old 14th December 2023, 02:05   #652

I recently serviced my Tata Punch at a Tata Motors Authorised Service Center in Mumbai. It was the 3rd Free Service. One thing I noticed was that brake cleaning was suggested by the Service Advisor which was quoted as Rs. 1000/- and consumables were an additional Rs. 300/- On asking them if service would not include cleaning brakes, the SA said that only inspection is a part of free service and not cleaning. I checked the owners manual and could not find Brake Cleaning specifically mentioned anywhere, just inspection is mentioned, hence gave the go ahead for it.

I saw my vehicle getting serviced and the technicians used compressed air to clean the drums and front disc pads were sanded and installed back. No brake cleaner spray had been used and nor were the caliper pins lubricated. At the time of billing I noticed that charges were added mentioning "Rear Anchor Plate Removal Install and Replace Parts".
On questioning the same, the SA said that these are charges for Brake cleaning. I paid the bill and didn't want to argue further.

However, for my uncles Nexon BS-6 Diesel (3rd Free service) again the service advisor added brake cleaning and quoted 1500/- this time and an extra 500/- for consumables. On questioning these extra charges, he gave the usual explanation of only inspection being a part of the service and not cleaning.

The SA somehow convinced my uncle to take the AMC Silver package and said that brake cleaning would be free if AMC is taken which would also cover charges
for Engine Oil, Oil Filter, AC Filter, Wheel Alignment and Balancing. Hence, opted for AMC Silver package.

I did write an email to Tata regarding this but there has been no positive response on the same and they just keep forwarding the complaint back to the dealers.

Would like to know, if there is any clarity regarding this and if brake cleaning is not usually a part of the Paid Service Labour? I remember reading on the forum here that brake cleaning is a part of PMS for Maruti Suzuki vehicles. However, unsure if Tata Motors too follow such a practice.
rayvonnee is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 08:18   #653
BHPian

I had my 2nd year/ 20000 kms service done recently and the bill was almost 14k including taxes.
Old 17th December 2023, 20:47   #654
Senior - BHPian

Hi All

Is there any chance that the Punch facelift ( not EV, the ICE one) will come with 6 airbags and the DCA gearbox?

Im looking to replace my wife’s sparingly used elite i20 manual with an AT next year sometime, but the issue is that if you need a proper automatic like DCT or CVT or a TC with 6 airbags, you need to spend 14-15 lakhs on the Nexon. This is our 2nd car and the running is extremely low, like 3000kms per year, so im not really keen on spending a lot of money, but yet i do not want to compromise on the gearbox as well as the safety.
Old 4th January 2024, 15:21   #655
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Punch hits 3 lakh production milestone.

Tata Punch Review-20240104_152010.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 20:21   #656
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Hi All

Is there any chance that the Punch facelift ( not EV, the ICE one) will come with 6 airbags and the DCA gearbox?
The chances of this happening are very slim, especially when you have a blockbuster product with a lacklustre 1.2 engine + AMT gearbox!

Below is a clear indication that the current Punch formula is working very well for TML & it will only get better with the launch of an EV.

Your best bet would be either the Magnite CVT , i.e. under 10 L or you will have to move up the budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
On a side note, this is crazy! I don’t think even TML must have imagined this kinda success with the Punch !!
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 20:24   #657
Distinguished - BHPian

I got my Punch delivered today. Detailed ownership review soon.

Tata Punch Review-20240104_170638.jpg
PrasannaDhana is online now   (20) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 11:33   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

Attachment 2553831

Link
WOW. Tata Motor is going GAGA for all their lineups. Being a baby harrier, punch has some good road presence. Wish to get the automatic in punch.

Now only Tiago and Tigor are the slow (but steady) movers in TML pallet.

Kudos to Tata.
Old 5th January 2024, 11:35   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
I got my Punch delivered today. Detailed ownership review soon.

Attachment 2554017
Many congratulations...

The color looks stunning. Do share your purchase experience and ownership review.

Have a happy and peaceful ownership ahead.
satish.gawai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 18:24   #660
BHPian

Just came across the below article. Did not have the authenticity yet.

Tata Punch EV Bookings Open! Design And Features Revealed

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...aled-31888.htm
  • The Punch EV will be the first Tata EV to be based on the new Gen2 Acti.EV platform.
  • It gets similar design bits as the Nexon EV including a long LED DRL strip and split headlight setup.
  • It gets new features like dual 10.25-inch displays, ventilated front seats, and a 360-degree camera.
  • Tata will offer it with two battery pack options and an expected claimed range of up to 500 km.

The design looks stunning.

Tata Punch Review-be03e71s.png

Tata Punch Review-o461yotr.png

Does anybody have any concrete information about this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks