Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2023, 19:12   #631

Rust on 16-month-old Tata Punch. Suggestions on what next?

Found this spot on my car yesterday while wiping the passenger door. Appears to be rust. While I knew that, living as I do in Mumbai, rust would get to my car eventually, I must say I did not expect that to happen this soon - this is an April 2022 Tata Punch. (I know, I know - buy a Tata Car, I pretty much deserve this, yeah?)

Anyway, I know this has to be dealt with, but what route do you guys suggest?

1. Take it to FNG Bodyshop for rust removal and repainting (and being an FNG, colour matching will likely be a problem), which should cost relatively less?

2. Take it to a Car Detailer that does paint jobs and hope for the best - I'm guessing this would cost a penny and a half.

3. Deal with it at next service (due in under a month) at the dreaded Tata ASS. Will they even do it, and if so, what will it cost?

4. Any other option?

Relevant information - Car is under Warranty and Zero-Dep insurance (not that this is an insurance matter, I think).
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch Review-7wb2evh4xeib1.jpg  

Old 19th August 2023, 15:29   #632
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline 1967 View Post
For me it will be a perfect beater car in the city, complementing my Ford Fiesta for Highway driving.
You are spot on. I am using Creative AMT for last two and half months along side my Vento TDI DSG and am very happy with my selection. The ride, though, is way stiffer than Vento particularly when no one is at the rear seat and this makes me uncomfortable at times.

One observation-There is slight odo error in Punch. I have not made any tyre change. My morning commute from home to office is actually 11.4 km ( tested multiple times with 3/4 cars), but in Punch it is showing as 11.7 km, ie an error of 2.6%. To that extent, the FE calculation also gets inflated. Has any one observed this?

I have done 2.5 k so far, all inside city. TFM FE is 12 kmpl where as Vento returns 15.5 kmpl under same condition.

Overall I am happy with the car.
Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 12:02   #633
DSC
BHPian

Re: Rust on 16-month-old Tata Punch. Suggestions on what next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JormundElver View Post
Found this spot on my car yesterday while wiping the passenger door. Appears to be rust. While I knew that, living as I do in Mumbai, rust would get to my car eventually, I must say I did not expect that to happen this soon - this is an April 2022 Tata Punch. (I know, I know - buy a Tata Car, I pretty much deserve this, yeah?)

Anyway, I know this has to be dealt with, but what route do you guys suggest?.
I would suggest option 2. This would be the result of damage to the paint surface due to stones coming out from other cars. Could also be bicycles. These are recurring events, so simplest solution would be the best.
DSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 12:16   #634
DSC
BHPian

For the ones who have completed one year, what did you do to the insurance renewal?

As it seems, my Own Damage coverage is expiring next month, However, the third-party coverage is valid for next two years. At this point, can I get only the Own Damage comprehensive coverage renewed by

(a) same insurer?

(b) different insurer through policy bazar etc.?

Also, what happens to this third-party policy now as we have paid around 10k as liability only premium for three years.

Those who have renewed can help.
Old 22nd August 2023, 22:31   #635

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC View Post
For the ones who have completed one year, what did you do to the insurance renewal?

As it seems, my Own Damage coverage is expiring next month, However, the third-party coverage is valid for next two years. At this point, can I get only the Own Damage comprehensive coverage renewed by

(a) same insurer?

(b) different insurer through policy bazar etc.?

Also, what happens to this third-party policy now as we have paid around 10k as liability only premium for three years.

Those who have renewed can help.
You can get a separate OD policy from a different insurer. Both policies will be concurrent for the relevant damage.
Old 24th August 2023, 10:01   #636
BHPian

Random panic mode activation issue

I am facing an odd issue with my Punch. The panic mode gets activated suddenly while parked resulting in indicators flashing and the horn blowing continuously as described here.

Tata Punch Review-punchpanic.jpeg

The difference is the buttons would not have been pressed at all. A few times the key was in a bag but later I kept it on a table without anything over it. Also, it seems unlikely that both the buttons would get pressed.

There is no fixed pattern to this and it has happened within minutes of parking and locking the car or after an hour. The car is less than a month old and I have faced this issue over five times so far. The dealer has asked me to bring the car tomorrow for a checkup (their service camp happens weekly in my town) but thought of posting here for additional suggestions.
gischethans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 11:59   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gischethans View Post

I am facing an odd issue with my Punch. The panic mode gets activated suddenly while parked resulting in indicators flashing and the horn blowing continuously as described here.
The culprit turned out to be a switch mount in the engine bay that had to keep the switch in contact with the bonnet. It was bent a little and that used to result in this panic mode activation. On raising it, the issue vanished.

Tata Punch Review-20230827_082900.jpg

I have shared more details on troubleshooting in my ownership thread (My Orcus White Tata Punch Creative DT | Ownership Review).
gischethans is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 15:35   #638
FHW
BHPian

Paint started to peel off from left door handle around 3 months back.

Now few days back right DRL and left headlight low beam stopped working.

Anyone facing similar issues.

Mine: 2021 Punch Creative.
Old 25th September 2023, 08:53   #639

When is the punch turbo version expected to get launched? Launch will be before or after the EV launch? Also, is it expected to get the DCT automatic?
Old 25th September 2023, 10:33   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlove_83 View Post
When is the punch turbo version expected to get launched? Launch will be before or after the EV launch? Also, is it expected to get the DCT automatic?
There’s no Punch turbo or DCT on cards for now. The only launch in pipeline is the Punch EV , which is expected to arrive in Q4 2023.
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 12:51   #641
BANNED

Quote:

Quote:
The culprit turned out to be a switch mount in the engine bay that had to keep the switch in contact with the bonnet.
Same issue faced by me also. In my case, I got the entire module replaced (swapped from another vehicle as TASS claimed) for free. It has become so common, seems like a new feature altogether.

I first tried to realign the plastic switch, but for me it didn't work. Talk to TASS if they can replace it under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I finally took my 3 days old Punch to ASS on last Saturday
PetrolRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 20:11   #642

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
There’s no Punch turbo or DCT on cards for now. The only launch in pipeline is the Punch EV , which is expected to arrive in Q4 2023.
Are you sure? Almost all online car portals say Punch Turbo is coming. So it was there for sure. And may be they abandoned the plan later?
Old 29th September 2023, 16:20   #643
FHW
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHW View Post
Paint started to peel off from left door handle around 3 months back.

Now few days back right DRL and left headlight low beam stopped working.

Anyone facing similar issues.

Mine: 2021 Punch Creative.
Update: DRL replaced under warranty.
FHW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 14:23   #644
Senior - BHPian

The price difference between Nexon AMT and DCA variants is 50k. I really hope Tata gives Punch DCA a rethink. There are many fence sitters, who have avoided the AMT, but would gladly hop to a Tata showroom if the DCA is offered. At a 50k premium, the DCA is a worthy upgrade.
ashutoshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 18:03   #645
Senior - BHPian

Tata Punch no longer comes with a puncture repair kit

Tata Motors has stopped offering a puncture repair kit with the Punch. According to reports, the kit is missing on cars shipped from November 1, 2023.

Tata Punch Review-2021tatapunch10-1.jpg

Earlier, Tata had deleted the puncture kit from the Tiago, Tigor and Altroz. With the kit no longer available in the Punch, customers would have to purchase it as an accessory from the dealership.

While these cars do come with a spare tyre, a puncture repair kit offers an additional layer of safety, allowing customers to quickly repair the puncture in case of an emergency. The kit comprises of an electric tyre inflator and a puncture-sealing liquid. That being said, punctures fixed using the kit is a temporary solution.

There’s no official word from Tata explaining the reason behind the deletion of the puncture kit from the standard package.

Source: Rushlane

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks