Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2023, 13:07   #616
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Punch Review

Tata Punch CNG launch imminent, production begins.

Quote:
- Tata Punch will churn out 77hp with CNG

- Will be sold in multiple trims

- Gets a unique dual-cylinder set-up

- The Punch CNG is also expected to get a sunroof that’s currently not available on the petrol-powered version.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 24th July 2023 at 13:11.
Old 24th July 2023, 13:17   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Yea - it's a big flaw. Wonder how it got missed by so many folks and our own T-Bhp review. I hope they fix this in the EV version and any facelift!
In fact I feel that is the case with the Tiago as well. I simply haven't been able to figure out. While the pedals themselves are ok in terms of feel, there is definitely some offset in the seating position and ABC pedals. Plus, they seem to be a bit more raised off the ground.
Old 25th July 2023, 11:29   #618
BANNED

As per the leaked info, Tata will be offering CNG option with almost all variants. Except for Pure Rhythm trim, Pure, Adventure, Adventure Rhythm, Accomplished and Accomplished Dazzle. Similar pattern is observed with Altroz top-spec trim. Tata is not offering CNG with Punch Camo Edition. For people who fancy a sunroof, Tata is offering it with Accomplish Dazzle trim and above. Yes, both petrol only and petrol+CNG bi-fuel variants will get a sunroof with all variants above Accomplished Dazzle. As of now, Hyundai Exter is the only one that offers a sunroof. Tata’s variant rejig strategies will challenge it from a better position.

Source: https://www.rushlane.com/tata-punch-...-12474857.html
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch Review-tatapunchcngvariantsdetailsleaked.jpg  

aseem23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 17:14   #619
DSC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Punch CNG launch imminent, production begins
Exter expedites the launch.

Expect Punch EV to roll out soon also, it is taking a backfoot as citroen eC3 is not that much challenge to Punch.
Old 27th July 2023, 20:37   #620
BANNED

I am very keen to know How Tata managed to improve below points in BS6 Phase 2 engine .

1- Mileage increase by 2.5 km/l
2- Noise Level decreased
3- Lower end torque Increase

Previous I thought it's just a publicity stunt but it looks practical based in user reviews.

My understanding torque and mileage are inversely proportional then how TATA managed to balance out

Looking forward to read fellows comments
Old 28th July 2023, 10:37   #621
DSC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsetgo123 View Post
I am very keen to know How Tata managed to improve below points in BS6 Phase 2 engine .

2- Noise Level decreased
3- Lower end torque Increase
1- By improving the air induction system. You will find a different airbox positioned on the top of the engine for the phase 1 models.

2- Better insulation and engine mount to reduce vibration. You will find different engine clamps in phase 2. Also, the induction system improves the idle grunt.

3- Ecu remapping due to the change in air induction system. This also leads to the mileage increase due to more usable power in lower rpm leads to less need to press the pedal and lesser stress on engine. The top end remains unchanged though.

Overall, combining these three, the upgrade became significant.

For a comparative image, follow the link: https://www.rushlane.com/wp-content/...ine-launch.jpg

Last edited by DSC : 28th July 2023 at 10:41. Reason: Image link added
DSC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 20:25   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsetgo123 View Post

I think fuel efficiency has increased by 1.13 kmpl instead of 2.5 kmpl.
Kindly go through the link.

https://www.drivespark.com/amphtml/f...ar-037667.html
Dr.Abhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 16:56   #623
BHPian

Tata Punch petrol version too gets sunroof and a few other features which the CNG counterpart comes equipped with. Exter versus Punch game is well and truly hotting up!

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...0619/?is_amp=1
Old 8th August 2023, 15:46   #624
BHPian

Quote:
In terms of features, the Accomplished Sunroof pack over the standard trim comes loaded with an electric sunroof with voice commands, automatic headlamps, rain-sensing wipers, roof rails, Type A and Type C USB ports, front seat armrest, and shark fin antenna.
Quote:
Meanwhile, the Creative variant now gets two new trims - Sunroof Pack and Flagship Pack. In addition to the abovementioned features, these trims also get TPMS, one-touch up window for driver, express cool, and Tata’s iRA-connected telematics. With this, the carmaker has also rejigged variant list of the Punch by discontinuing select Creative trims.
LINK

PRICES FOR THE NEW VARIANTS (EX-SHOWROOM)
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch Review-1.png  

uditanshh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 00:34   #625
BANNED

Had an opportunity to test-drive the Punch AMT today evening for about 25 kms after office hours,the test-drive vehicle was a new one with odometer reading of 2000kms,the SA informed that the car was two month old complying to the new emission norms.

At start, the engine was startlingly silent, it being a three cylinder engine and that too a tata. Was impressed by the fit and finish inside the cabin and the tall seating position.

I first sat in the front passenger seat and i could easily see the edges of the bonnet,kudos to tata for keeping the front passenger in mind which in my opinion is a common neglected area by the other manufacturers.

The vehicle felt solid in build and the thickness of the sheet metal was satisfactory. The ride quality was excellent considering the size of the vehicle, the undulations and pot holes on the road were masked very well at speed, and the cabin was quiet.

This was my first experience in driving an AMT and the experience was not that bad .The car starts to move as soon as you lift the leg from the brake paddle,and it holds on to the gears if we push the accelerator hard in order to gain speed ,while on the other hand if we are gentle on the throttle the upshifts come early and the car is silent,but at the same time we can feel the momentum of gear change.

I came back very much impressed by the car's ride quality and its build.The windows at the backseat are wide enough to appreciate the surroundings, the back support is good and the seats are angled to give nice underthigh support.

If we push forward the driver seat at it highest position the left knee touches the lower part of the instrument panel, and so I had to move it back and angle back the seat for a comfortable position. Persons with less height may face this problem and may find it difficult to find a comfortable position.

The Herman music system is excellent, best in its class and the music had bass and treble neatly balanced and was not distorted at 80% volume.

The car is not overpriced for the features it offers especially in the lower 3/4 variants,but at the same time offers a wide choice to the customers to pick and choose as per their requirements. For me it will be a perfect beater car in the city,complementing my Ford Fiesta for Highway driving.
Timeline 1967 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 18:50   #626
BHPian

Can any of the owners of the PUNCH AMT BS6 PHASE 2 update tell us about the real world mileage??? Both city and highway figures.

Someone in my family is about to get one but they are concerned about the fuel economy figure post the BS6 Phase 2 update.
Old 15th August 2023, 00:06   #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Yes...the steering and pedals are both offcenter w.r.t the seat. We have the same issue in our Punch and escalating about this design issue to Tata Motors hasn't helped. It's a major ergonomic flaw and the same is found in Altroz as well. But, not sure how I missed noticing it during test drive.

Body has to adapt to the weird seating position and it leads to discomfort (at ankles and under thighs) after driving continously in traffic esp. the manual transmission variants.

P.S.: our Punch has done nearly 10k kms primarily used on highways. Will post a review soon
Is this observed in Tiago as well?
Old 16th August 2023, 09:30   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekrishi View Post
Is this observed in Tiago as well?
Can't comment on the Tiago as I have not spent much time with it. But, ideally it shouldn't be the case as it is based on the older gen. Indica platform.

The seating position offset issue is specific to Punch and Altroz, and both belong to same platform.
Old 16th August 2023, 16:30   #629
BHPian

Has anyone managed to get Android Auto working wirelessly on a Tata Punch? With cable, mine kept disconnecting and I got a new cable from Croma. But that does not get recognized at all, probably due to the long length. Hence I was looking at this guide from Tata Motors which states -

Quote:
Once the Bluetooth connection is paired, go to paired mobile device setting and select “Switch to Android Auto over Wi-Fi".
I am however not able to find that option either in the head unit or on my phone.
Old 16th August 2023, 18:36   #630
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gischethans View Post
I am however not able to find that option either in the head unit or on my phone.
Guide is perhaps common for models which has wireless Android Auto. Punch comes with wired option only.

Unless , the cable is really good quality, it keeps disconnecting or doesn't recognize. Also, check play store if there is an update for Android Auto update.
Altrozed is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed