Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2021, 20:06   #361
FHW
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch Review

Finally, brought home Punch Creative MT.

Initial impressions good.

Colors of choice were White or Grey, however settled for Grey.

Showroom experience was excellent. All the processes were smooth and well managed by the dealership staff.

Will update along with pictures after driving few hundred kilometers.
FHW is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 21:04   #362
BHPian

Salesman fills brand new Tata Punch with Diesel

https://www.carblogindia.com/salesma...h-with-diesel/
Sarvodaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 19:17   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Our friendly neighborhood AutoSpy recently came across a Tata Punch test mule filling up diesel, with a Harrier mule in tow, on the streets of Pune.

Tata Punch Review-photo20211116143708.jpg

So, interesting times ahead.
RavenAvi is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 19:37   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Our friendly neighborhood AutoSpy recently came across a Tata Punch test mule filling up diesel, with a Harrier mule in tow, on the streets of Pune.

Attachment 2233491

Maybe this was the punch that the sales person filled with diesel instead of petrol
smoes is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 20:12   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2233491

Could it be this car, colors do seem to match and seems to be a red board car.

salesman-fills-tata-punch-with-diesel/
AtheK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 20:30   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Our friendly neighborhood AutoSpy recently came across a Tata Punch test mule filling up diesel,

Diesel has been the traditional strength of Tata & Mahindra.

However, it would be great if you can get a confirmation on the diesel part. Reason: many a bunk has petrol and diesel pumps on the outer filling lane, to help larger petrol SUV's and also reduce congestion in inner lanes at the bunk.
condor is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 20:30   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post

salesman-fills-tata-punch-with-diesel/
No it isn't.

AutoSpy snapped this pic himself earlier today. As per him, the Punch test mule followed the Harrier mule closely to top up at the diesel pump machine.

But still, to be absolutely sure that it topped up on diesel, I have asked him for re-clarification.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th November 2021 at 20:32.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 20:31   #368
FHW
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I don't think so. News of filling up diesel in Punch came out recently, however the car on truck shown in picture surfaced online around mid September.

Last edited by FHW : 16th November 2021 at 20:32.
FHW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 21:24   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

Followed a blue one briefly today. Was bowled over by the rear and the front in my mirrors. Looked totally modern without being overdone, and a perfect size and height for BLR traffic.

I hope it's a stunning success. Imagine, if I (middle aged) liked it, a huge number of Gen X & Y are going to love it
itwasntme is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 16:37   #370
Senior - BHPian

Tata Punch waiting period increases to 8 months

The waiting period for the Tata Punch was around 4 months at the beginning of this month. Now, reports suggest that deliveries of certain variants could take up to 8 months.

Tata Punch Review-tatapunchwaitingperiodnov2021.jpg

According to a leaked document, the waiting period for the Punch ranges from 6 weeks to 36 weeks. Customers who have booked the top-spec Creative variant will have to wait for at least 6 weeks, while the expected billing date for Pure and Pure Rhythm variants is up to 36 weeks and 24 weeks respectively.

The Punch is available in four variants - Pure, Adventure, Accomplished and Creative, with prices starting at Rs. 5.49 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The Tata Punch is based on the Agile Light Flexible Advanced (ALFA) Architecture. The crossover is powered by a 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine featuring an automatic engine start / stop function, as well as two drive modes - City and Eco. The engine puts out 85 BHP and 113 Nm and is mated to either a 5-speed manual or 5-speed AMT.

Source: Rushlane
TusharK is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 11:36   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
[b]
According to a leaked document, the waiting period for the Punch ranges from 6 weeks to 36 weeks. Customers who have booked the top-spec Creative variant will have to wait for at least 6 weeks, while the expected billing date for Pure and Pure Rhythm variants is up to 36 weeks and 24 weeks respectively.
Seems to be a clear case of Tata prioritizing the production of top end / more profitable) variants over the budget variants. Or it could even be TML Marketing team efforts to create more demand for the higher variants.

Either way, good to see the demand for the Punch and hope Tata does not start a cost cutting exercise soon as it did after the Tiago's launch.
Viju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 20:37   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_robot View Post
I’ve pre-booked Tata Punch Creative AMT in Tropical mist colour on 30th September.
Details:
Tata Punch Creative AMT Tropical Mist
Booked at: Siva Sankar Motors, Vizianagaram.
No update from the dealership, so called up another dealership on 18th and they had around 20 Creative MT iRa in stock. They had 3 Tropical Mist in stock, immediately booked one and got delivery today.

Purchased Extended warranty(2+3) at 19.6k, P2P for 4 years/60k at 9.9k and Body cover for 2.1k.

Informed previous dealer to cancel booking only after getting the car. I believe they put an order to the company on 25th October even though I made a pre booking on 30th September.
mr_robot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 21:30   #373
Senior - BHPian

Had a quick look over of the Punch at the local Tata showroom. Brief observations:
  • The car looks a million bucks. It's pretty difficult to fault any design line.
  • The paint looks deep an lustrous. I saw the blue one with the whilte roof. Stunning.
  • Interiors look very European with very linear lines.
  • Space was good. Sitting in the Nexon I did not feel that the Nexon was so much wider than the Punch.
  • I felt pricewise the Nexon XM is a good comparison to the top end Punch. you get a turbo petrol engine and bit more space.
  • The texture of the plastic on the dashboard and door pads somehow looked cheap.
  • Out of the corner of my eye I spotted a tuft of fabric of the roof liner stick out of the corner. Not great if it catches your eye so easily.
  • The welds around the rear hatch looked crude and unfinished..
  • The point at which the taillamps meet the body is lined with a crude rubber lining. The plastic piece used in the Celerio looked so much more finished.
  • I don't like the exposed tops of the shocks in the boot. I feel that this should be covered up like in the Baleno or the Celerio.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 22:35   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noufal.ps View Post
Fuel efficiency numbers look very off. Crv 2.4 AT gives me 8-9 in city and 10-11 on highway, and I'm not a sedate driver.

Celerio amr used to give 15-16 in Bangalore City. Punch should be on similar lines if tata hasn't screwed up
Apparently, Punch is much more heavier than Celerio, too, which could be a boon as well as bane. Without change in momentum, the FE should be comparable but since you are talking about City driving, it may not be possible.
daspranab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 19:13   #375
FHW
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_robot View Post
immediately booked one and got delivery today.
Congratulations on your Punch. The availability of Punch at the dealerships is not understandable. The one with whom I first booked it don't have any. Then I managed to get the car from another dealership which had few Punches at their showroom at the time when I took delivery.
FHW is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks