Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2021, 16:07   #1006
BHPian

Re: MG Astor Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshjoshi00 View Post
Don't this is correct information. Everyoen who has booked Astor either through dealer or online is on the same boat. Deliveries are being directly managed by MG and dealers are mostly clueless.
I have my doubts as if it was true that MG was managing, dealers won't have spare cars. It means that dealers are picking and choosing.
Old 28th November 2021, 07:43   #1007
BHPian

Got our Savvy (6AT Turbo) yesterday, after a 2 week delay due to leasing arrangements.
Attached Thumbnails
MG Astor Review-pxl_20211128_014334820.portrait01.jpeg  

MG Astor Review-pxl_20211128_014313656.portrait01.jpeg  

MG Astor Review-pxl_20211128_01402514201.jpeg  

MG Astor Review-pxl_20211128_014045254.portrait01.jpeg  

JoBlo is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 14:55   #1008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBlo View Post
Got our Savvy (6AT Turbo) yesterday, after a 2 week delay due to leasing arrangements.
Congratulations on your new car!!

Quick one - did you add a bull bar accessory to the car? I was also thinking of getting one (when my car gets assigned in December). Just wanted to check if it's of good quality that you would recommend having seen it now.
Old 28th November 2021, 19:03   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranji View Post
Congratulations on your new car!!

Quick one - did you add a bull bar accessory to the car? I was also thinking of getting one (when my car gets assigned in December). Just wanted to check if it's of good quality that you would recommend having seen it now.
Thanks.
The bull bar seems quite sturdy. It covers the middle third only, so our biker and auto brethren better aim for it ,
The paint job is not good. They wrapped it in plastic too soon before drying, which caused a ribbed texture. I am not sure if the dealer will agree to repaint or if I should DIY.
JoBlo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 19:09   #1010

Quote:
Thanks.
The bull bar seems quite sturdy. It covers the middle third only, so our biker and auto brethren better aim for it ,
The paint job is not good. They wrapped it in plastic too soon before drying, which caused a ribbed texture. I am not sure if the dealer will agree to repaint or if I should DIY.
Thank you so much for the quick reply! Looking forward to your review including mileage and all. Quick one: did you take your delivery from the Electronic City showroom? How was the experience?
Old 28th November 2021, 19:21   #1011
BHPian

Now our car is legit.
Attached Thumbnails
MG Astor Review-pxl_20211128_12241952420101.jpeg  

MG Astor Review-pxl_20211128_122525273.portrait01.jpeg  

MG Astor Review-pxl_20211128_122554342.portrait01.jpeg  

MG Astor Review-pxl_20211128_121931024.portrait01.jpeg  

MG Astor Review-pxl_20211128_122737011.portrait01.jpeg  

JoBlo is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 20:06   #1012
BHPian

For some bedtime reading...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Astor Manual.pdf (7.73 MB, 5877 views)
JoBlo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 20:19   #1013
BHPian

Has anyone figured out how to turn off the voice assistant on the Astor for good? It is very irritating and I am not a fan of it's voice and tone. It sounds bored and condescending at the same time.

It announces non-existent speed breakers and unnecessary curves ahead even when I am not using navigation. Maybe the warnings are coming from ADAS, which is reading road signs...will need to turn that off and see. It wants to announce something or the other VERY frequently and it disturbs an otherwise peaceful drive, lowering the music volume each time.

Even when using Android Auto, the assistant button on the steering wheel invokes Astor's assistant and not Google Assistant. I was hoping to use Google Assistant and totally silence Astor. I thought I could just issue a voice command to Google, but the car's microphone seems non-functional when I say "OK Google". Android auto is not receiving my inputs. I use Google Assistant heavily and I feel a bit let down

Last edited by JoBlo : 29th November 2021 at 20:19. Reason: Typi
JoBlo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 22:58   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone figured out how to turn off the voice assistant on the Astor for good? It is very irritating and I am not a fan of it's voice and tone. It sounds bored and condescending at the same time.

It announces non-existent speed breakers and unnecessary curves ahead even when I am not using navigation. Maybe the warnings are coming from ADAS, which is reading road signs...will need to turn that off and see. It wants to announce something or the other VERY frequently and it disturbs an otherwise peaceful drive, lowering the music volume each time.

Even when using Android Auto, the assistant button on the steering wheel invokes Astor's assistant and not Google Assistant. I was hoping to use Google Assistant and totally silence Astor. I thought I could just issue a voice command to Google, but the car's microphone seems non-functional when I say "OK Google". Android auto is not receiving my inputs. I use Google Assistant heavily and I feel a bit let down
As we took multiple TDs on multiple TD cars, I remember there was no announcements from the bot in one of the cars, while other cars did have them occasionally. So I'm guessing there is a way to turn it off.

The bot is indeed a nuisance. I wish MG had provided ventilated seats/auto dimming IRVM/paddle shifters instead!

Try turning off ADAS options I guess. Service center folks should be able to help too. Please keep us posted.
Col Mehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 07:49   #1015

Quote:
Has anyone figured out how to turn off the voice assistant on the Astor for good?
Check this out...
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5164268 (MG Astor Review)
Old 30th November 2021, 09:57   #1016

Apparantly somebody got Astor style variant delivered in 2021.

Old 30th November 2021, 10:02   #1017
BHPian

Finally, after lot of deliberations took the plunge and booked a MG Astor SMART Manual variant. This is purely done based on the internet reviews and Team bhp review. I was more inclined towards Skoda Slavia. But, with the indicative pricing in excess of Rs.20 lakhs, I dropped the idea and booked this instead.

With the booking made yesterday, I still have an year to do the TD and compare it with Kushaq, Taigun and Slavia. Will take the coming weeks to start exploring one by one.
Old 30th November 2021, 10:10   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLN_CHN View Post
I remember turning it of during the TD by pressing the little button below the bot. However, in my car it didn't work... Will need to check again.
Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 11:31   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I recollect that SA said the MG logo on the Astor robot is the power on/off button. I am not sure though but in the TD car, it never announced anything.
Old 30th November 2021, 12:26   #1020
BHPian

Now that people are taking deliveries, how's the mileage/FE concerns coming along? What is the real-world mixed mileage FE looking like?

I have booked the Astor Sharp AT as my main option; but also booked the seltos Xline DCT and Creta SX O DCT (Talk about keeping all options open :P )
The only reason i am unable to take a 100% mental plunge on the astor is the thought that I'll get an average FE of 10 kmph- which is the same woe i had with my i20.
That I cant live with, especially when the Seltos DCT can give an FE of 15-16 .
sauravm_89 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks