Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2024, 11:26   #10546
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I have seen some YouTube videos of Blaze edition back from May this year. I like black seats offered in Blaze edition which would be easier to maintain.
I have not seen a single Blaze edition in road even after 2 months in Telangana. Has anyone in the forum seen Blaze edition in person or bought one? If yes, then how is Matt paint finishing? Does this shade look better in person than in image or videos?
Old 8th August 2024, 12:53   #10547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by masudvorajee View Post
Hello dear BHPians,

XUV700 AX7 D AT: On road offer given to me is Rs.23,60,000.

XUV700 AX7 D MT: On road offer given to me is Rs.22,00,695.

So can you guys help me finalising this?

Thank you.
Please can you state your criteria/s for finalizing?

Manual (clutch/gear combo) in xuv700 is very good, although clutch travel is long to my liking. Couple of my friends have 23 March and 24 Jan model AX7 and both vehicles have crossed 10k each. No issues with clutch reported till now.

I have been driving my Oct24 AX7L D AT and have crossed 26k. I just love it. Personally can't go back to Manual now. I use to have left knee pain a lot from driving manuals (20k / year). That knee pain is nowhere now.

D AT may give slightly less mileage (1km per litre) than Manual. Other minor issue is that gear shift ratios could have been better. But nothing that I complain on day to day basis.

One thing that Manual drivers say is that it gives better control. XUV700 has so many vehicle monitoring electronics that because of those or whatever I haven't felt lack of control anywhere, wether it is curves on highways, ghat sections, sharp turns or whatever. Take an extended test drive of both once again. Price difference is not that much that you will remember for more than a month. Hope this helps.

Good Luck!
SamDiablo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2024, 13:15   #10548
BHPian

I also took two test drives on AX7 L D AT, and I felt that the engine held the gear, especially the second, for too long. It switched to 3rd at around 38-39 kmph, which creates a lot of noise and some vibration. I havent been able to get my hands on XUV 700 petrol automatic to experience.
utkarshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2024, 14:01   #10549

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
Please can you state your criteria/s for finalizing?

Manual (clutch/gear combo) in xuv700 is very good, although clutch travel is long to my liking. Couple of my friends have 23 March and 24 Jan model AX7 and both vehicles have crossed 10k each. No issues with clutch reported till now.

I have been driving my Oct24 AX7L D AT and have crossed 26k. I just love it. Personally can't go back to Manual now. I use to have left knee pain a lot from driving manuals (20k / year). That knee pain is nowhere now.

D AT may give slightly less mileage (1km per litre) than Manual. Other minor issue is that gear shift ratios could have been better. But nothing that I complain on day to day basis.

One thing that Manual drivers say is that it gives better control. XUV700 has so many vehicle monitoring electronics that because of those or whatever I haven't felt lack of control anywhere, wether it is curves on highways, ghat sections, sharp turns or whatever. Take an extended test drive of both once again. Price difference is not that much that you will remember for more than a month. Hope this helps.

Good Luck!
I just love having the control in my hand hence I wanted to book manual only but my friends said that driving a manual Petrol Honda is different from driving a manual Diesel Mahindra. Plus I am not getting younger so they are pushing me to go for D AT. I even considered Petrol but I have a manual Diesel Ertiga in the family as well and I have no issue driving it as well.
Old 8th August 2024, 14:05   #10550

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
I also took two test drives on AX7 L D AT, and I felt that the engine held the gear, especially the second, for too long. It switched to 3rd at around 38-39 kmph, which creates a lot of noise and some vibration. I havent been able to get my hands on XUV 700 petrol automatic to experience.
A very knowledgeable friend suggested Manual for XUV700 and Automatic if going with Scorpio N just for that reason.

D MT is smooth so thats not an issue but is there any D AT owner to share their experience please?
Old 8th August 2024, 16:41   #10551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by masudvorajee View Post
A very knowledgeable friend suggested Manual for XUV700 and Automatic if going with Scorpio N just for that reason.

D MT is smooth so thats not an issue but is there any D AT owner to share their experience please?
I would personally suggest you to drive both and take a call. With all due respect to your friend, a car nerd will never suggest you a AT over a MT. I have just taken delivery of my first AT vehicle i.e. 700 AX7 Petrol and seriously think about buying any more MT vehicles. Also adaptive cruise control starts from AX7 AT variants of XUV 700 IIRC.
Old 8th August 2024, 18:08   #10552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
With all due respect to your friend, a car nerd will never suggest you a AT over a MT
What does that make T-BHPians who recommend ATs? It's time we put aside this "puristic" view of AT vs MT.

ATs are a huge boon in city traffic. And they are far more convenient no matter how you slice the debate. We've had an automatic AX7L petrol for 2 years now and have never regretted the decision. I have yet to meet one person who bought an AT car and feels they should have purchased a manual instead.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 8th August 2024 at 18:10.
Old 8th August 2024, 18:30   #10553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
D AT may give slightly less mileage (1km per litre) than Manual...
AT undeniably offers the comfort and convenience and fatigue free aspect that an MT simply cannot match. So anyone who has switched from MT to AT will not go back to MT

For new drivers AT is definitely the way to go.

However for experienced drivers who have driven MTs for years on end, its not at all a big effort to engage the clutch and gears (as it is made out to be) especially with high torque diesels where gear changes are relatively infrequent, and the shifting action happens subconsciously, so MT as a choice is perfectly fine and makes a far engaging and enjoyable and involved drive, especially on highways.

After going through tons of articles on the AT vs MT aspect about the XUV700 diesel, I can infer that the MT can deliver significantly higher fuel efficiency mileage (not just 1kmpl difference).
AT typically 8 to 13kmpl and MT typically between 11 to 16kmpl average depending on driving skills.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 8th August 2024 at 18:34.
Old 8th August 2024, 20:21   #10554
bbv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
I have seen some YouTube videos of Blaze edition back from May this year. I like black seats offered in Blaze edition which would be easier to maintain.
I have not seen a single Blaze edition in road even after 2 months in Telangana. Has anyone in the forum seen Blaze edition in person or bought one? If yes, then how is Matt paint finishing? Does this shade look better in person than in image or videos?
I had seen matt finish blaze edition in two of the showrooms in Bengaluru, and was also very interested in the interiors, in addition to the dark part, the red inserts looked very nice and premium. I liked the fact that the dark interior didn't mean everything dark and the upper half of interior was still light colour, but at the same time it hid some of the visible low quality plastic parts in normal interiors well. However, I was too skeptical about the maintenance of the matt finish. Reading over internet, I got the impression that it is not easy to maintain, hence rejected. I wished Mahindra had given the same interiors in glossy finish colours too, I am sure many would have opted for it, especially considering that many complaint about the usual interiors' look and feel.

You may dial-up different showrooms and ask them if they have blaze edition on display and take a look yourself. The look part of it is certainly very subjective, so better to take a look yourself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks