Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2021, 20:43   #1426
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
PPS is telling that if I confirm my booking before 7th, my slot will be almost in the top of the queue as I paid the initial amount in July.
I am thinking why should I book now if I am forced to pick a engine and colour by brochure.
Anyone here got this feedback
1st option: As You have priority booking and the amount is fully refundable, so either you can book it now and again re-book if you want to change the colour or make 2-3 bookings and then cancel the one you don't want. Max you will loose 2100rs only which is nothing when you compare it with the upcoming price increments.

2nd option, as there will be huge waiting same as thar. You can use it and sell it again after 2-3 months at the same price as you buy and opt for a better variant and colour of your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
The bumper may be made flexible in the interest of pedestrian safety. The Front bumper of Fortuner also flexes slightly when pressed.

You are right but flexibility and fragile are two different terms with different meanings. Kindly have a look and share your feedback. Even Xuv500, Xuv300 was there and I have checked all three. Then came to conclusion that its bit fragile than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Rear ended XUV 700. It has taken impact wel

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...68613743404748

You are right but due to plastic parts, everything needs to be replaced as it can't be repaired. The left rear part have the fuel tank lid and I am shocked to see this.
PS: the fuel tank is plastic too as per the sales advisor which is new normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
The rear door/hatch will have a supporting metal frame for sure to which the hinges would be attached to. The fiber sheet would be wrapped around the internal metal frame.
Doesn't look like. As per the sales advisor, it is all plastic. To my question, he answered that company has done some R & D and has decided to go all plastic and there is not any metal sheet inside the tailgate as I asked him why there are no holes to fix number plate as XUV300 come with holes. He told me that we can drill it anywhere.

Last edited by rpmmachine : 2nd October 2021 at 20:59. Reason: added few more lines
rpmmachine is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 20:45   #1427
BHPian

Some minor observations based on showroom visit.

Display car rubber beading wasn’t of high quality

Paint quality is decent but not industry leading

Black panel inside are fingerprint magnet.

Seats were already soiled.

No gas struts for lifting the bonnet. Why?

Back seat appeared little firm. Same comment was shared by couple of other folks.

Panoramic sunroof is huge hit. Tint appeared on darker side. Liner is wasn’t as thin as MG Astor.

Grab handles were soft close.

Cushion lining on back pocket is soft.

There was flex on roof rail.

Water bottle holder might not hold 2 liters bottles.

Sound stage was nice. Initial impression was very good for the segment.

Coming to crowd and any covid protocols at showroom. None of them were followed. No cleaning of car.

Test drive slots were full. Folks have been waiting for hours.

Quite a few folks came with cheque books. Showroom was accepting post dated cheque. May be priority delivery.

Some already had booked and were pushing sales folks to get priority test drive. I need a drive else will cancel was the mantra

Quite a few came well prepared and had already done home work. YouTube videos, online articles you know the hang.

No way to haggle on steep premium on ancillary charges.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-0933bcd49a1447ccbce32eacc72f470c.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-0deacf4920204c0a89650ac00637fa2f.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-21b25ccdae5247f7ab6c98b8f68918b5.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-ad275e1fde154f1a864a28df54744afc.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fccf964c4b4b4210a74f46fa7126d4a7.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-ef9cbf2d3def48a19cc75321183397e7.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-d4ba0749de384146955814b69aca92cc.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-1471cd4cc3bb459fad9246cfb3d3afd2.jpeg  

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 2nd October 2021 at 20:47.
CircleOfLife is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 21:19   #1428
BHPian

Took a TD of the XUV7OO Diesel AT and the Petrol AT.
Took them at 2 different places as there was a HUGE wait list.
Diesel AT - India Garage, Palace Cross,Bengaluru
Petrol AT - PPS Mahindra, Indiranagar, Bengaluru
Both top of the line AX7L's.

My first impressions over a stretch of 1.5-2kms.

Did not click pictures. Apologies in advance.

Common observations (AX7L)
  • Excellent driving position, good view of the road ahead. Huge cabin, light interiors and the massive skyroof help with the airy ness. I'm on the heavier side and have a long torso, found it to be very comfortable. Seating three abreast in the rear is a breeze. Good shoulder room in the second row. Three of us with very broad shoulders sat comfortably.
  • Excellent front seats. Very supportive and is of the right firmness to me. Merc inspired seat control is convenient to operate. Dummy switches look uncool. Missed under-thigh support adjustment and electric assist for the lumbar support (manual knob placed at an inconvenient position, Harrier's knob is placed better)
  • Chunky steering wheel feels great to hold, thumb contours heighten the feel good factor. Hornpad is easy to reach. Sweet wind tone horn,big thumbs up. Tilt and telescopic steering help to find the perfect position. Telescopic adjustment should be standard across variants. Don't know why mahindra chose to skip them.
  • Switches are of okay quality. The Koreans trump the XUV in this aspect. I personally am not a huge fan of piano black finishes.
  • The infotainment screen and the driver's cockpit are slick to operate. Crisp graphics and good readability under sunlight. Digital cockpit changes graphics according to the drive mode selected (D-AT) .
  • As expected, quite a few bugs wrt infotainment and cockpit .The blind view monitor on the Diesel AT simply went blue when I turned to the left, there was no display at all. It came back on later though. The switch to turn on the 360 view and the switch to turn off the screen did not work at all in the D-AT. 360 button worked on the P-AT but the screen OFF button didn't work here too.
  • Spacious footwell with neatly spaced out pedals. Dead pedal is comfortable for a size 12 shoe. Long journeys won't be a problem.
  • Space for an additional phone (below the AC unit), a notebook/user manual/ tablet device(inside the glove box) and a separate recess for the keyfob (inside the front armrest) are thoughtful touches.
  • Third row is best suited for kids /very small adults. I'm 5'11 and could not fit inside. Very uncomfortable.

Driving the Diesel AT
  • Fire it up and you will immediately notice that it is a very smooth engine. NVH at idle and on the move are excellent. No significant vibrations or noisy clatter were heard. No cabin shakeup on stop/start either.
  • The mHawk is a jewel and it proves why. The wave of torque is linear and the car pulls like a locomotive. The whopping 450nm of torque is felt. I luckily found an open stretch on my route and I easily reached the legal limit without realising . Cruising at triple digit speeds will be a cakewalk. Zip mode(155ps)is very much usable and you don't need to use the Zoom mode for most purposes . Zoom unleashes a different beast and will be a delight on the open road. Custom mode is a good addition and I noticed that climate control can be customised. I believe this is offered to lower the load.
  • The 6 speed AT is not sporty but smooth. Shifts can be felt inside and it takes some time to downshift when floored. This is not a sporty vehicle by any stretch and the engine gearbox combo serves the purpose quite well. Paddle shifters are surely missed. Hope Mahindra makes a quick correction and offer us another variant with this and other missing features.
  • Could not take the Diesel AT over rough roads as surprisingly, the roads were smooth(this is the poshest area of Bengaluru btw). But I can say that it's leaps and bounds ahead of the previous 5OO. It has a firm edge and there is no lateral movement. I ran over a few manhole covers on purpose and the car did not feel unsettled. Passed my 35 kmh speed breaker test with flying colors.
  • The steering is light and easy to live with. Easy to manoeuvre at city speeds. Zoom mode adds some artificial weight but mind you, this is no Compass . The Compass is leagues ahead.

Driving the Petrol AT
  • The specs were impressive to begin with and I'm happy to report that it has translated well to real life.
  • It is very smooth, power delivery is linear and builds up pace steadily. I Did feel a little lag but past 2000 rpm it takes off.
  • IMO, 6AT mated to this motor, feels like a laggard. It's very smooth but takes its own sweet time to downshift (D mode). Wishful thinking but a DCT in future? Please mahindra? Pretty please?
  • Was able to take the Petrol on rough(normal) roads of Bengaluru (Thanks BBMP). The car felt composed, didn't bounce around too much. There is a hint of firmness which means better high speed manners. I can confidently say that ride quality is no more a deal breaker. This is no Hexa but quite a big leap.
  • The steering felt lighter than the Diesel (maybe because of lack of drive modes). Easy to use, easy to reverse. Got out of a tight spot pretty easily. I must also mention that the cameras are very good and helped a great deal.

I also had an interaction with a Mahindra official.
  • Asked him about the poor equipment levels of AX3 and AX5 variants. He replied by saying that M&M are anticipating high demand for the AX7. Hence emphasis on that. He also assured that the lower variants will be kitted properly in the coming months. He also cited that the semiconductor chip shortage was an issue.
  • Asked him about the missing features like auto IRVM, ventilated seats etc. To which he replied that M&M have taken the feedback and will offer them at a later stage. Mostly by April-May 2022.
  • The car initially was thought out to be a 7 seater, but Mahindra decided to make it a 5 seater at the last moment to enter the most happening segment. This is also one of the reasons why AX3 and AX5 are poorly kitted.

We will go ahead with the Diesel AT in the stunning Midnight Black(?) or the Rage Red after the niggles are sorted and hopefully by then, if we do get more features, will go for the 2022 model as the requirement is not urgent.

Last edited by Babruvahanaaaaa : 2nd October 2021 at 21:31.
Babruvahanaaaaa is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 21:37   #1429
Distinguished - BHPian

Since the time I had registered my interest in XUV7OO, I have got 5 calls. First 2 were from Mumbai number where a lady asked the pincode but she didn't have much to answer. Next 2 calls came from a local Mahindra dealer who has invited me for unveiling on 7th here. Price list isn't available, should be there on 7th.

5th call is what was different. It was from some feedback team of Mahindra and was asking about which variant I was looking forward to. I flatly told him that there are no good variants to chose from. Then he asked why do I feel that ways. I told him that there is no Luxury pack 5 seater variant and that too without a skyroof. A basic cruise control is missing which is present even in sub 10 lakh vehicles now. I told him that I want a 5/7 seater Petrol/Diesel AT with cruise control, minimum 6 airbags, ESP and host of other passive safety features plus 360° camera except ADAS and skyroof. Then he did say that many people whom he has spoken to are not happy with variant distribution. All the feedback is being collated and sent to Mahindra, there may be some addition to the AX5 variant. Please take this with a pinch of salt as I'm not sure how much we can trust the person who was just collecting feedback. Nevertheless, I sincerely hope Mahindra launches a AX5 without skyroof and ADAS but with 6 airbags, cruise control, ESP and 360° camera. I can live without a Sony 12 speaker system or ADAS.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 2nd October 2021 at 21:46.
BoneCollector is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 22:06   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
I But unlike what someone said here, the 2nd row does recline.
I would be happy to be proven wrong, but I checked 2 vehicles and spoke to a couple of sales executives and they confirmed that the middle row doesn't have the recline function. Only the left seat of the middle row (the one which tumbles) can be reclined with some difficulty using a lever on its backside (for tumbling the seat from the third row). The other two seats don't recline.
Old 2nd October 2021, 22:27   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta View Post
I would be happy to be proven wrong, but I checked 2 vehicles and spoke to a couple of sales executives and they confirmed that the middle row doesn't have the recline function. Only the left seat of the middle row (the one which tumbles) can be reclined with some difficulty using a lever on its backside (for tumbling the seat from the third row). The other two seats don't recline.
Second row - both seats has recline function available. I checked it today.
To do that you need pull up the lever on the side of the seat and push the seat backwards. It is the same level which one need to use to tumble the seat.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 22:34   #1432
BHPian

360 Camera is the most important and sensible feature for a vehicle of this size and should be provided instead of Sky-roof in AX5.

If that's not possible, it should be allowed as an accessory to be added later at the very least.

Last edited by MaanSingh : 2nd October 2021 at 22:38.
MaanSingh is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 22:37   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
Today visited pps motor, Bangalore to confirm my booking. I did my pre booking for xuv 700 on 6th July (yes based on spy images and team bhp). Had the test drive of AX7 MT and AT petrol. Vehicle and it's performance is good.

However, there are two issues

1. Only petrol cars are available. No diesel. I want to test drive diesel AT before confirming the engine option
Shireesh Auto and Ananta cars have the Diesel AT. I tried the TD with Ananta cars. In terms of NVH I found it way better managed than Safari, Harrier but still the Korean Brothers have better noise insulation. However not sure if anyone else have faced or noticed this, specifically in Creta there is a slight humming vibration in the footwell near the clutch everytime we start the vehichle, there was nothing as such in the XUV.
Old 2nd October 2021, 22:37   #1434
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
Also look at the Hector Plus Style 1.5 Petrol Turbo MT.
Thanks. Hector Plus - service station coverage is a concern and the China brand tag, not sure how reliable on long term (10 yrs). Had done Ertiga test drive today and felt engine noise and road bumps getting in to the cabin. Now, am leaning towards Marazzo M2. Is it a good choice @sixthsense?
Wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 22:45   #1435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta View Post
I don't have a photo to show, but I am telling you from my own experience this morning with AX7 L. The 2nd row has recline function and a lever on the right edge of the seat (driver side). Recline is not by a massive degree, but 2 stages and meaningful.

Left side of middle row (front passenger side) has only 1 lever, which is used for tumble forward operation. When pushing the seat back, either move it to full recline position or stop at a stage where the 65% of the seat is resting (right side's backrest).

Could be that the recline function that was mentioned as not available, was for a variant other than AX7/ AX7 L.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 23:07   #1436
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to GautamJ for sharing these pics of a white 7OO at dusk with it's DRLs and rear lights on.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-image1.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-image0.jpeg

Quote:
White shade compared to Silver 7OO on right
Mahindra XUV700 Review-image2.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-image4.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-image6.jpeg

Quote:
Pearl finish on White under showroom lights, similar to Pearl White of Innova/Fortuner. Will confirm after doing TD
Mahindra XUV700 Review-image5.jpeg

Quote:
Front windshield has sound deadening padding/pack
Mahindra XUV700 Review-image9.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-image8.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-image10.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-image11.jpeg
RavenAvi is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 00:02   #1437

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Hi

Sent you a dm.
If more people join in we can form a WA group to coordinate.
Hi

I’m from Delhi and interested in booking alongside. Please let me know how can we take this forward / add me to the group.

Also, please find the attached quotes received from 2 dealers for the groups reference .

Cheers

Karan Malhotra
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-b86562abcdd242bfa2741ccaf706e3ed.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-d2e375d07ba9469086a8694e419fe872.png  

BankerontheHill is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 01:20   #1438
BHPian

Hi Karan

The deal's done and the mods here have warned me that group deals are not allowed so can't proceed now. Apologies, but this is what the TBHP rules say and I must abide by them
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 01:35   #1439
BHPian

Did anyone get any information on the service intervals and the default warranty period? Additionally any information on the extended warranty and AMC options would be much appreciated
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 01:47   #1440
BHPian

I drove the car (Diesel AX7 AT Luxury pack) yesterday (02.10.2021) @ 8PM. Here are my limited impressions,

1. Steering is feather light during parking and U turns. Those driving an old gen Civic/Swift will hate it!
2. Transmission is slightly jerky at speeds below 40 km/hr. However, wasn't perceptible with steady throttle inputs and as the speeds build
3. Engine is powerful, revs like a mad man. Easily touched high speeds. Also, sounded refined for a diesel mill and only to scream out vocal pain near the redline
4. Speed and size masking is brilliant. Could easily cruise at triple digit speeds with excellent stability and poise with precise braking
5. Dual screens are crisp and sharp. Not at all gimmicky
6. ADAS cruise control applied brakes automatically when there was an obstacle
7. AC is very average. Though it was a rainy night and AC even set to 19°C in drivers side, didn't throw chill blast of air. Same applies for the rear as well
8. Rear suspension is stiff as typical Mahindras. Speeds above 120 km/hr aren't noticeable and won't unsettle the rear passengers in the highway run. But, not gonna offer a cushy ride either
9. Poor engine mounts? Vibrations are more pronounced in the rear bench when the car is idling
10. Noticed rough edges in the engine bay. Places where you find in usual cars are seam welded, here they are spot welded, grinded and concealed with a kind of paste. Awkward
11. Seats aren't supple enough for my liking. Yet, they're comfortable
12. Sony sound system did decent with clean vocals and mid ranges on playng a song via FM
13. The cabin plushness is not something out of the world as some reviewers praised
14. Battery fitted is an AMARON make

A good product with half baked variant lineup and glaring basic omissions. As simple as that!

Last edited by GTO : 4th October 2021 at 08:06. Reason: Let's not talk about 2-wheelers being the subject of ADAS testing. Thank you
eccentric is offline   (24) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks