Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2024, 20:41   #10996
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hi all,

Just noticed this new issue on my XUV 700. A series of black dots have started appearing on the main display towards the right side. Has anyone faced this issue? I am planning to highlight this during the 30k service around the next week.
Have attached some pics for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_3943.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_3942.jpeg  

Old 12th October 2024, 15:12   #10997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adangoyya View Post
I have installed the autodec 7D mat, aftermarket. This covers the entire floor which is cool since the mahindra one did not actually.
Could you please share the pictures and price of the mats or a link?
Also, has anyone purchased an aftermarket cover for the XUV 700?
I have bought the premium one from Mahindra, but it didn’t last even two years and is already torn. I’m looking for a sturdy cover that won’t scratch the paint during high winds.
Old 14th October 2024, 13:51   #10998

I ended up with glossy finish instead. Matt was apparently too "masculine" for the girls in my life. Anyways, it looks great. Also on the 7-D floor mat, it was from autodeck and i thought it was very good. Sharing some pics.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_4150.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_4152.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_4153.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_4154.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_4155.jpg  

adangoyya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2024, 13:56   #10999

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Petrol MT Review | Seventy Minutes with an XUV700

Hi all,

I am replying just to caution people against buying manual transmission variant of XUV700 due to an extremely distressing clutch issue. I own a Diesel AX7L MT model which was bought on 15th Oct, 2023. The car has run for 25,500 kms and there have already been two instances of clutch plate burn leaving me and my family stranded. I dont know whether this issue exists for the petrol variant also.

Both instances had me driving for around 10 minutes in bumper-to-bumper traffic where you are forced to drive while riding the clutch when there was profuse smoke and burning smell and the clutch got stuck. The first instance was just after 2000 kms in Dec, 2023 and the whole clutch assembly was changed. The second was 2 days back while we were out pandal hopping during Navratri. This time the workshop service advisor is straightaway saying that if you drive the car in a traffic jam with bumper to bumper then you will HAVE to face this issue as the XUV700 has some overly sensitive clutch which is lighter and blah blah.That's like saying don’t drive a car on roads with potholes in India.

I don't understand as to why are they not letting customers know about this massive flaw before selling the car. How am I supposed to know that I will not encounter a traffic jam during my travels and what am I supposed to do if I get stuck in one? Am I supposed to stop the car by the roadside and wait for the jam to clear? This is our eighth car in the family after A Tata Indica, Three Mahindra Scorpios, A Hyundai Elantra, A 2021 Tata Safari, A Hyundai Venue and we have never faced this issue in any other car despite a combined mileage of over 6 lakhs kms. We frequently travel from West Bengal to Varanasi to visit our folks and have never worried about such an issue.

I obviously know that driving with clutch pedal depressed is detrimental to clutch life, but you can’t always help it in situations where the traffic only moves for around 2 feet at a time and then you have to stop again. You cant let go off the clutch fully even in 1st gear. This is very common in our densely populated tier 3 cities with single lane roads. Some people may advise to let a gap be created behind the front car before I move but you must understand that it is not possible to do so with two wheelers cutting into the space and the people behind you honking like crazy to urge you to move forward because they are not facing this issue.

We asked the test driver of the service centre if he would be kind enough to teach us the proper way of driving their miraculous vehicle in creeping traffic without riding the clutch and even he said that its simply not possible. The service advisor on the other hand expects me to be some version of Max Verstappen I suppose. I asked the guy what am I supposed to do if I get stuck in a traffic jam on an isolated stretch of the highway and he replied 'Sir how are you going to get a traffic jam in an isolated place?'. Just imagine as if our highways are free of such isloated stretches and there has never been an accident there.

The clutch assembly should not be so overtly sensitive to common driving conditions we all face everyday in India and if it is so you must inform the customers beforehand regarding this. Maybe I should have first emigrated to a country with less population and traffic jams before buying this so called best SUV.

I really regret buying the manual variant now and am at my wits end as to how to solve this issue. I have been driving for the last 15 years and have never faced such an issue nor have our two drivers who must be having combined experience of around 40 years between them. I am now fearful of taking this vehicle on family trips (which was the primary purpose of buying this car) for the fear of getting stranded with my family. There is something seriously wrong with the clutch system but Mahindra is shirking off its responsibility by giving the generic excuse of "half clutch riding" through its service centre.

I am sure that it would not have been the case had the clutch replacement been covered under warranty or insurance. But they have found a loophole where the customer is forced to pay a substantial amount of around 25k everytime there's a traffic jam. There are numerous examples of this issue on the social media and online forums once you search specifically for it and I am surprised that it did not come up during my research before buying the car even on this forum which i trust blindly. I will now either have to drive this crappy vehicle always taking care of this "chui mui" clutch, always dreadful of this issue especially in a city where traffic jams are common or have to take a massive financial hit and sell the car. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Sorry for the long post or rather rant but I felt it was necessary to raise this issue so that some other unsuspecting customer does not fall prey to this scenario after paying close to 30 lakhs for a mechanically faulty vehicle and buy a lifetime of headache. Do not be tempted by the interiors, screens and bhp values. All this does not matter when you are stranded in the middle of nowhere with your family's safety in jeopardy. Buy a reliable vehicle such as those from Toyota even if you have to pay a premium which may sometimes feel unjustified. But stay away from the manual variants of XUV 700.
Regards

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th October 2024 at 14:04. Reason: Minor spacing edit
Drcarbone is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2024, 10:11   #11000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drcarbone View Post
Hi all,

I am replying just to caution people against buying manual transmission variant of XUV700 due to an extremely distressing clutch issue. I own a Diesel AX7L MT stay away from the manual variants of XUV 700.
Regards
OMG, that is scary. I own exactly the same variant AX7L MT diesel. I got the car in March 22. Now after 41k kms and 30 months, I feel lucky that my gajraj has not given me any major headache . I know a few people with manual 700s but luckily no clutch issue has popped up. I'm not expert but I feel it's almost impossible to have such frequent burn out irrespective of the driving conditions. I think Mahindra needs to put more time and energy in diagnosis of your car's problem. Or maybe if possible you may have a second and third opinion somewhere else

Hope everything turns out well.

Happy driving
sudanmohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2024, 10:18   #11001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drcarbone View Post
Hi all,

I am replying just to caution people against buying manual transmission variant of XUV700 due to an extremely distressing clutch issue. I own a Diesel AX7L MT model which was bought on 15th Oct, 2023. The car has run for 25,500 kms and there have already been two instances of clutch plate burn leaving me and my family stranded. I dont know whether this issue exists for the petrol variant also.

Both instances had me driving for around 10 minutes in bumper-to-bumper traffic where you are forced to drive while riding the clutch when there was profuse smoke and burning smell and the clutch got stuck.
Regards
Just out of curiosity - do you use first gear or second gear while riding clutch in ultra slow moving traffic? The reason I am asking is that I have observed many diesel car drivers to skip first gear and mostly use second gear, even to get car moving from standstill. Whenever I asked this question to some taxi drivers I have driven with, the answer I got is that's how they have been driving diesel cars all their life and it saves fuel to avoid first gear as much as possible (obviously they may be unknowingly burning out the clutch in the process).

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 15th October 2024 at 10:33.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2024, 10:29   #11002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Just out of curiosity - do you use first gear or second gear while riding clutch in ultra slow moving traffic? The reason I am asking is that I have observed many diesel car drivers to skip first gear and mostly use second gear, even to get car moving from standstill. Whenever I ask this question to some taxi drivers I have driven with, the answer I get is that's how they have driven diesel cars all their life and it saves fuel to avoid first gear as much as possible (obviously they may be unknowingly burning out the clutch in the process).
Thanks for your reply. We always use the first gear to move the vehicle from standstill and shift to second gear only when the car gains sufficient momentum.
Old 15th October 2024, 13:43   #11003
BHPian

Folks, are there any discounts on XUV700 A7L AWD version?

Pinged some Kolkata dealers and they seemed less bothered even to talk any discounts.

Has Thar Roxx made their targets and so, no need to sell other cars?
Old 15th October 2024, 14:13   #11004
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post

Pinged some Kolkata dealers and they seemed less bothered even to talk any discounts.

There was ₹40k discount on 6 seater and dual tone XUV700. I am or sure of the discount is still ongoing.

Mahindra sales experience in general is bad. This is based on my experience with multiple showrooms and dealership visits and only 1 SA bothered with the sale out of 6 showrooms I visited. Most of Mahindra salesperson are back to their old attitude of not giving any heed to customers as their targets are met with Roxx sales without any effort.
If you visit the showroom in person and show interest to buy AWD asap, then SA might look at the inventory for available AWD car.
Old 15th October 2024, 14:16   #11005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post

There is no further discount on Ex-showroom (Rs. 24,99,000). However, there is Rs 40000 discount on dual tone (Rs 25,13,998 - 40000). This rate is applicable till this month end.

Currently, AWD is not readily available, may take a month to come, so you would not get that discount if they do not continue it.
mukeshc18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2024, 18:37   #11006
BHPian

Do you have a XUV 700 specific PDI document or the regular PDI document found here in TBH forum holds good? Anything specific in XUV 700 to be checked during the PDI?
Old 16th October 2024, 20:54   #11007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshc18 View Post
There is no further discount on Ex-showroom (Rs. 24,99,000). However, there is Rs 40000 discount on dual tone (Rs 25,13,998 - 40000). This rate is applicable till this month end.

Currently, AWD is not readily available, may take a month to come, so you would not get that discount if they do not continue it.
AX7 AWD will be easily available. In my opinion, I do not miss any of the features the L pack would have added. The sweet 2.2L cost difference does not justify the L pack for me.
Old 17th October 2024, 10:09   #11008
BHPian

Hi Guys - Took delivery of our black stallion on the 5th of October but did not get time to actually drive it around till last week due to travel commitments. Driving the XUV500 and the 700 side by side, makes me appreciate all the refinements in the 700. While I love my 500, the 700 is miles apart in handling, refinement and overall ownership experience.
The only bit that i personally don't like is the super light steering on the 700. I prefer a bit heavier steering, but can't complain with the convenience in traffic.
Anyways, the only niggle I have experienced so far, is that a few times now, I have seen that the ICE and electronics don't turn on for a few minutes. I have had instances where I have driven for about 2 mins before these turn on. Has anyone else faced this issue? Any suggestions?

I also am not a fan of the auto start/stop feature being enabled each time. Anyways, Overall, I am loving it!
Old 17th October 2024, 10:09   #11009

Added 2nd XUV700 AX7L D AT to family garage

Happy to share that we're adding 2nd XUV700 in our family garage (at Ahmedabad and Bengaluru).

1. Around same time last year, my father finalized on a Dazzling Silver AX7L D AT at our home-town Ahd.
2. After a lot of research and elimination, stretching the budget for long term usage, and with ongoing 2L discount, over this weekend we're getting the delivery of a Napoli Black XUV700 AX7L D AT at Bengaluru (replacing my 2020 Tata Tigor XZA+ 18k km)

Query: What is the best door visor option for this 'all black no chrome' car? The std Mahindra accessory invariably comes with the chrome lining.

Thanks,
Nilkanth
n_pathak is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2024, 12:47   #11010
BHPian

Query: What is the best door visor option for this 'all black no chrome' car? The std Mahindra accessory invariably comes with the chrome lining.

You will get after market plain black door visor without chrome. While choosing pl choose the one which has gloss and not matt finish as matt does not go well with the glossy shade of Nappoli black.
deepeshh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks