Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2021, 10:42   #1081
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

So for everyone having doubts about the Keyless entry system, the system works as follows.
  1. For the lower trims, one has to manually click on the unlock button on the key and then push on the handles to make them pop-out of the car, to open the door
  2. In case of the higher trims, in Manual variants, you still have to push on the handles to make them pop out and open the door, but you won't have to physically press the key to unlock the car. It's based on a proximity sensor which unlocks the car when you approach it.
  3. For the higher Auto variants, the door handles would be motorized and would automatically pop-out when the key holder is in close proximity of the vehicle. One won't have to physically press the button to make them pop out.

For any reference as to the source, please watch the recent video posted by RavenAvi at around 4 minutes 39 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
This is like Maruti key with integrated buttons which we can covert to flippy key in 700-1000 bucks.
I have a ciaz alpha and believe me passive key less entry by pressing the request sensor on handle and auto dimming IRVM now feel must have and super convenient.
Mahindra hasn't given any request sensor on the door and that as per knowledge is because of the limitations of the door handle design. On the other hand, the handles in higher trims do not require you to press any button as they are proximity based. So the car would unlock automatically when you're in the proximity, much like some Hyundai cars.

As far as what I've seen in the review videos about the key, Mahindra has integrated the fob key with a flip key to have an easy access to the key in case the battery dies out.

For the vehicles having a key fob with a concealed key blade, whereas some manufacturers provide quick and easy access to the emergency key, some do not. In case of Ciaz, you just pull on a small plastic toggle at the back to access it. But for those who have owned or driven a Volvo or a Volkswagen Touareg, you know what I mean. To access the emergency key blade on a Touareg, you have to do three steps to make the key blade eject from the fob. (And I was in the middle of a thunderstorm on a Motorway)

I would anyday prefer a fob with a flip key for that matter.

Edit: In another news, got a call from my dealer about the availability of car in the stockyard. Sadly, haven't been able to get some time to check the car out. He seems optimistic for the price announcement in a day or two with the launch and bookings in the first week of October. Contacted a birdie too but he gave partial information which seemed unreliable so won't make any post about it.

Last edited by Moto_Bear : 28th September 2021 at 10:48. Reason: Added new information
Moto_Bear is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 11:05   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by APB98 View Post
My personal preference is going to be for Petrol AT since daily office drives are not going to be common, and I am ready to see FEs of around 10 kmph (My next car is anyway going to be electric &#128521
I was in the same boat. However, expecting a fuel economy of 10 kmpl may be too optimistic.

The folks at autocar tested the real world fuel economy of the Thar petrol AT (which has the same engine in a lower state of tune) and they report an economy of 7 kmpl in the city and just over 9 kmpl on the highways.

I expect to drive significantly less than 10000 km per year but even with such modest usage, the annual fuel bill may push six figures.
Old 28th September 2021, 12:01   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
I was in the same boat. However, expecting a fuel economy of 10 kmpl may be too optimistic

I expect to drive significantly less than 10000 km per year but even with such modest usage, the annual fuel bill may push six figures.
I am also contemplating between AX7 Petrol MT vs Diesel MT; my running would also be around 10k kms per year, but if petrol doesn't even return 10kmpl it will be very disappointing given the fuel prices.

I am seriously considering Diesel for better mileage and resale value given the price difference maybe around 1 lakh for a 20 lakh car.
RachhaMan10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 12:08   #1084
BHPian

I am concerned about the lack of request sensor. Every time I walk across the parking with the key in my pocket, I might have to go and push back the pop-out handles. Is auto-retract available with the handles? I guess hopefully yes, That is how I think the handles would retract once the ingress to the car is complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
So for everyone having doubts about the Keyless entry system, the system works as follows.
  1. For the lower trims, one has to manually click on the unlock button on the key and then push on the handles to make them pop-out of the car, to open the door
  2. In case of the higher trims, in Manual variants, you still have to push on the handles to make them pop out and open the door, but you won't have to physically press the key to unlock the car. It's based on a proximity sensor which unlocks the car when you approach it.
  3. For the higher Auto variants, the door handles would be motorized and would automatically pop-out when the key holder is in close proximity of the vehicle. One won't have to physically press the button to make them pop out.
Old 28th September 2021, 12:51   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharshan View Post
I am concerned about the lack of request sensor. Every time I walk across the parking with the key in my pocket, I might have to go and push back the pop-out handles.
I dont think so, i dont know how xuv700 remote looks but my Brv has similar proximity sensor and button on handle setup. In the situation you mentioned I just press the lock button on the remote. I dont have to walk all the way to the car to push that button. I am assuming xuv700 setup would be similar or better.
ScorpWarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 12:53   #1086
Distinguished - BHPian

The latest info I have received from my birdies is that the pricing for all the variants of the 7OO will be announced and official bookings will open on the same day.

Petrol variants will be delivered earlier, i.e., by November. Diesel variant deliveries could commence by December only.

Only 500 units have been allotted to each Mahindra dealership in all major cities for the current financial year. Rest will depend on ramp up of production.

Needless to say, AX7 variants are major stock right now, followed by AX3. The current production status of AX5 & MX variants is unknown. Am following it.

Meanwhile, in Hyderabad:-

Not sure if this one is White or Silver (looks Silver from front, but white from the side), but nevertheless:-
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 12:58   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Notable - the door handles are manually operated in this MT variant, but they are equipped with auto pop-in/pop-out sensors in the AT variant, as seen in the official test drive reviews earlier in August.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
[list=1]
[*]In case of the higher trims, in Manual variants, you still have to push on the handles to make them pop out and open the door, but you won't have to physically press the key to unlock the car. It's based on a proximity sensor which unlocks the car when you approach it.
When the car will unlock itself based on proximity then it will make a sound by unlocking. Have you seen or observed this in any video / review?
Quote:
[*]For the higher Auto variants, the door handles would be motorized and would automatically pop-out when the key holder is in close proximity of the vehicle. One won't have to physically press the button to make them pop out.
This is what I am doubtful about. Till date in none of the video / review it has been shown. Also this is an implementation similar to Renault Triber and not having a touch sensor or button means the car will keep locking and unlocking itself when one is hanging around the vehicle. The same has been mentioned in the official TBHP review as well

Quote:
No request sensor on the door handles. Just like the Captur, the Triber comes with "walk away lock" which - as the name suggests - locks the vehicle as you walk away from it after the drive. You know what's cooler? Walk up to the car with the key in your pocket and it automatically unlocks! There is no need to touch the key at all. However, if you press the boot unlock button on the key card from a little farther away, the doors don't automatically unlock when you are near the car. The feature is annoying sometimes as the car keeps locking and unlocking itself if you are standing near it or walking around it (say, if you're hanging out with your friends)
Regarding the flippy key and concealed key, the point being discussed is cost cutting and not preference. Mahindra has done cost cutting at several places in xuv700 to achieve the initial shock price, which I am sure will be increased gradually.
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 13:48   #1088
BHPian

Got the below message from my dealer. Excited for a test drive.

There is good news for those planning to book XUV 700 which was launched on August 14, 2021, Pricing will be announced on 2nd of October and is planning to start booking in the 1st week of October kindly send ur KYC through whatsapp to avoid rush on launch and smoother process to get vehicle on priority basis....

Regards
SIREESH AUTO
febin8055 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 14:22   #1089
BHPian

From the comments it looks like dealers in Tier 2 towns are much more responsive about updates, stockyard availability and generally more pro-active, ones in metros are least bothered really, talking to them is an excitement draining experience
Jyotil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 14:42   #1090
BHPian

Slightly off-topic, but just wanted to share my thoughts.

I have now decided to go with GTO's suggestion on new XUV7OO.
I shall wait for 1-2 year or so and then go for more sorted XUV7OO diesel AT variant.

Till then, my existing Duster should serve me well since it is still 40k on ODO.
Hopefully, I can save more money during this time.

Related Thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...tata-hexa.html (New Mahindra XUV7OO vs Used Mahindra XUV5OO vs Used Tata Hexa)

Here is what Mr.GTO has to say:
Quote:
Don't buy the XUV500 for sure. It's a 10-year old model now and will feel outdated soon, just like your Duster feels today.

My suggestion:

- New & you have the budget = drive your Duster for another year or two as she is still very young @ 40,000 km, give Mahindra time to iron out all the niggles and then buy the XUV700. It seems to be one heck of an SUV. Read this thread of mine, get the right car (even if more expensive) and enjoy it for 10 years - link to article (How a more expensive car can work out cheaper (if you hold onto it for longer)).

- Used & you want to save money = Buy a used Tata Hexa AT. The AT is brilliant, while the MT is clunky & cumbersome. You could also do a nice lateral upgrade to a used Hexa AT and keep it just for 2 - 3 years, finally buying a nice new XUV700. But seriously, wait for Mahindra to iron out all the teething issues. Don't take up a job as an unofficial tester for them.

Last edited by GRAND23 : 28th September 2021 at 14:45. Reason: Add Text
GRAND23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 18:13   #1091
Senior - BHPian

Official invite from my dealership -

Name:  IMG_20210928_180627_657_edit_721965699127857.jpg
Views: 1869
Size:  131.1 KB

The public unveil, test drives will start from 5pm of 1st Oct.

Booking amount has not been announced - interested people can submit their KYC docs and await the official word on the booking amount - that way, the dealership will punch in the booking immediately (after amount is announced, and customer transfers to the dealer), instead of waiting for KYC docs then on.

Last edited by ph03n!x : 28th September 2021 at 18:14.
ph03n!x is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 18:24   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi792 View Post
Had a chance to look at XUV700 at the dealer stockyard in person. Earlier today, we also test drove Harrier. Below are my observations between them.
Did the dealer invite you to see the vehicle? Or did you manage to get an invite through contacts?

Also, which dealer stockyard did you visit?
Old 28th September 2021, 19:37   #1093
BHPian

The dealer I contact regularly also confirmed that October 1st will be the launch. They received the vehicles and are currently in stock yard. He even said the bookings will start the same day.
ramsudhir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 19:57   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsudhir View Post
The dealer I contact regularly also confirmed that October 1st will be the launch. They received the vehicles and are currently in stock yard. He even said the bookings will start the same day.
So we have rumours stating dates from October 1st all the way to 7th.
Now is it that they're going to start from South India and then go north for this as well ?
I won't complain anyways

Anyways I can see tons of social media posts by many dealerships today, just as an advertisement. So expecting something to be revealed very soon.
APB98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 20:23   #1095
BHPian

Hi,

Thanks to all the Forum Members for their regular updates on XUV 700.

Posting an update from our local dealer source (Tier 2 city again) - 2 cars have been allocated to him for Demo and Test Drives. The variant and colour will be known once the same is billed although the Top Variants are expected to be sent initially. He could not confirm if the variant will be Diesel or Petrol.

Further, he has asked us to share the preferred model details and be flexible with the choice of vehicle colour as the initial demand is expected to be high and the supply constrained especially for Non Tier 1 locations.

We are evaluating AX7 - AT Diesel. And yes since we are in Odisha we are also evaluating BH series number plate also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks