Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2024, 23:43   #10921

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hash View Post
The engine trying to crank but it seemed like could not.

Moreover, he told me it always happens randomly with no seeming pattern and as the next steps asked me to share the video with the service centre guys and also to ask them to check the fuel pump.
From the video, to me, it looks like a clear case of a failing Fuel Pump. The fuel is not able to reach on time to ignite the crank.

A failing fuel pump can behave erratically. When the car does start, is the cranking duration longer than normal ? If yes, then its definitely the fuel pump, if not, then it might be something else that is blocking the fuel supply.

Usually, there is a short "whizzz" kind of sound (can be easily heard in dead silence) when accessories mode is activated indicating that the fuel pump has received power.

Comparing the presence/absence of that sound in normal and abnormal scenarios may help in further diagnosis of the issue.
manasr28 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2024, 00:00   #10922

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasr28 View Post
Usually, there is a short "whizzz" kind of sound (can be easily heard in dead silence) when accessories mode is activated indicating that the fuel pump has received power.

Comparing the presence/absence of that sound in normal and abnormal scenarios may help in further diagnosis of the issue.
Hasn't experienced the issue again but thanks for the tip! Will keep this in mind for the future.
Old 27th September 2024, 10:08   #10923

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham_2206 View Post
Went through the invoices, but don't see any mention of the part specifically. This issue was resolved as part of the 20K service, among many other minor issues which I had reported to them. None of them have a mention in the invoice as such.

I'm visiting the SC on Monday next week (Rats chewed up some wires in the engine bay ), will check with the SA if he remembers specifically what the underlying cause (and part) was that led to this noise.
Did you get a chance to check with the SA on the part / cause of this issue? Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks