Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2024, 16:03   #10891

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hi Friends, About to take delivery next week. I was wondering if someone can guide me on exterior coting. Ceramic or Graphine or PPF. The detailing guys are suggesting PPF. I am worried about impact of chemicals for ceramic and graphine and paint peeling off for PPF. Can someone guide on which would be best option please?

Thank you
Old 20th September 2024, 17:05   #10892
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raviShankar_ View Post
My suspicion is that the showroom guys have lost the original key before delivery and are requesting Mahindra for a new key.
How can we check if the key matches the vehicle ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Every key has a key code and using the code one can order a duplicate key from the manufacturer. If you have atleast one key then you can safely take the delivery.
I don't think this would be a good move. If the car came with 2 keys and 1 key is missing now, what's the guarantee that his car will not go missing using the other key post delivery? I'll suggest to wait for them to either get a written assurance from Mahindra, not the dealer, or deliver the car with 2 keys.
Old 20th September 2024, 19:08   #10893
BHPian

Query on MM Motors, Iyyappanthangal Chennai, showroom.

Hello All,

Booked AX7 Diesel MT at MM Motors, Iyyappanthangal, showroom.

However I see many negative feedback in Google reviews. Anyone purchased this place or any other place in Chennai, please share your feedback.

Thank you
Old 20th September 2024, 21:04   #10894
BHPian

Quote:
Every key has a key code and using the code one can order a duplicate key from the manufacturer. If you have atleast one key then you can safely take the delivery - other things being in order. In fact in 2022, when there was semi-conductor shortage in the market, M&M delivered 700 with a single key fob. The second key was delivered to the customers later. The new key fob had to be paired with the vehicle by the dealer.

PS - our name matches.
I guess the showroom guys have lost both the keys. If they had one key they might have delivered the car saying the same excuse as you mentioned.

The showroom has requested new set of keys from Mahindra. So I should be getting 2 new keys.

PS - the coincidence doesn’t end just with name. I see you had a
Linea in your garage. Me too !
Old 21st September 2024, 15:45   #10895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I don't think this would be a good move. If the car came with 2 keys and 1 key is missing now, what's the guarantee that his car will not go missing using the other key post delivery? I'll suggest to wait for them to either get a written assurance from Mahindra, not the dealer, or deliver the car with 2 keys.
I was not talking of the legal side of the issue but only about the technical side. Legal sidde / security issues has to be dealt with as deemed fit by the prospective owner. Some might be satisfied with a written assurance and some might even go one step ahead and want to file an FIR, while some others may want all the locks to be replaced - that is totally upto the buyer to decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raviShankar_ View Post
I guess the showroom guys have lost both the keys. If they had one key they might have delivered the car saying the same excuse as you mentioned.

The showroom has requested new set of keys from Mahindra. So I should be getting 2 new keys.

PS - the coincidence doesn’t end just with name. I see you had a
Linea in your garage. Me too !
Quote:
The vehicle had a key which was used to start the vehicle and I got to check out the usual electronics of the car.
My suspicion is that the showroom guys have lost the original key before delivery and are requesting Mahindra for a new key
Since you had said in your initial post that one key was available and you did the PDI wih that. Now you say that both the keys are lost !!!
Old 21st September 2024, 17:47   #10896
BHPian

Quote:

Since you had said in your initial post that one key was available and you did the PDI wih that. Now you say that both the keys are lost !!!
Both keys were in the car when I did the PDI and the dealership have lost them.
Will have to check with Mahindra whether the older keys can be disabled.
Old 23rd September 2024, 15:47   #10897
BHPian

HI,

I have been facing some issues with my XUV700 from last 2-3 weeks. So, basically 3 weeks back on routine journey to home from work - the yellow OBD Check light came up on the display - i though that it would probably go away the next day. But, it was still there - so I sent the car into the service center.

They carried out a diagnostic and said that there was some issue with a part called Solenoid Cam Phaser and its sensor - and the issue has been rectified. So they delivered the car back.

The next day while on my way to office, the OBD check light again came up - Hence i called the ASC again - they said they would probably need to change this part. So they will place an order for the same. Fast forward a week - the part came in and I dropped the car at the ASC - the same day evening they said that the issue has been completely rectified and they will deliver the vehicle shortly.

After sometime, the driver came to drop the car, and first time that i switched on the car in front of him, the OBD check light came back on -- this time i was furious and called the GM of the ASC. He asked to have the car taken back - so that technical team from Mahindra can analyze the issue - because as per them they had done everything possible.

The next day, I contacted him for an update, he promised me an confirmed update on the next day morning. I waited all morning for an update - and then at 1pm, I called the GM - and his phone was switched off - I called the SA assigned to my vehicle - he had no clue on what is happening with the car.

I lost my mind, and then raised a complaint with Mahindra Helpline - post raising the complaint - i received a message from GM that the car would need changing of engine wiring. oil cooling jet, oil pump and spark plug - and they make take 7-10 days for the car to be delivered back.

My question to my fellow xuv owners is - if someone has faced the same issue with their cars and how did the ASC resolve this ? and just car clarity my car 1.5 years old with 26k on the odo.
arsh9191 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2024, 17:48   #10898
BHPian

Hello All,

I'm experiencing a peculiar issue with Apple CarPlay. Since this morning, all audio (calls, music, etc.) is playing through my phone's speaker instead of the car speakers.

I've tried restarting the Adrenox system and reconnecting CarPlay multiple times, but the issue persists. Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 23rd September 2024, 20:41   #10899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsh9191 View Post
My question to my fellow xuv owners is - if someone has faced the same issue with their cars and how did the ASC resolve this ? and just car clarity my car 1.5 years old with 26k on the odo.
While not exactly similar to your issue (where OBD light comes up repeatedly, after various fixes), I did face this recently. My car's left side indicator started acting weird (abnormal indicator sound in MID) and the OBD light came on. The car itself was running fine. Took it to the SC and it turned out that rat(s) had chewed up some wires in the engine bay. Could see one of the wires that connects to the indicator/headlight was completely cut. Similarly, a wire that connects to a sensor (related to OBD) was also cut, leading to the OBD light coming on.

SA strongly recommended that I get the whole wiring (including protective covering) replaced instead of just repairing the damaged wires. I went ahead with his recommendation. The entire job will take 8-10 days to complete (which includes the time for some of the parts to arrive from Mahindra, as they don't keep it handy in stock).

Maybe they are doing something similar to your car.
shubham_2206 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2024, 23:31   #10900

Hi,

I have an AX7 Petrol MT, bought in July 2022.

1) Adrenox subscription got over couple of months back but I don’t have a renew option. Can only logout after logging in!(iOS app)

2) Just wanted to know, what’s the FE others are getting in city traffic (not bumper to bumper traffic). We get around 10 Kmpl, my wife uses it mostly and she usually has to make very short trips/a lot of stops in a single trip.

3) When I purchased the car, I was told I would be getting the spare key and the sequential turn indicators later. Got the spare key after 6 months or so but haven’t received the sequential turn indicators yet and the dealer says there is no update.

Needless to say, extremely happy with the car overall and it’s such a joy to drive it!

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_2587.jpeg
Old 24th September 2024, 00:36   #10901

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaan_999 View Post
Hi,

I have an AX7 Petrol MT, bought in July 2022.

1) Adrenox subscription got over couple of months back but I don’t have a renew option. Can only logout after logging in!(iOS app)

2) Just wanted to know, what’s the FE others are getting in city traffic (not bumper to bumper traffic). We get around 10 Kmpl, my wife uses it mostly and she usually has to make very short trips/a lot of stops in a single trip.

3) When I purchased the car, I was told I would be getting the spare key and the sequential turn indicators later. Got the spare key after 6 months or so but haven’t received the sequential turn indicators yet and the dealer says there is no update.

Needless to say, extremely happy with the car overall and it’s such a joy to drive it!

Attachment 2658773
I have an AT. If the entire tankful is within the city, it usually returns between 9 and 10. Have almost never gone under 9. There is a +1 for highway drives. Max i have seen is mid 13.
Old 24th September 2024, 00:48   #10902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightDrive20 View Post
I have an AT. If the entire tankful is within the city, it usually returns between 9 and 10. Have almost never gone under 9. There is a +1 for highway drives. Max i have seen is mid 13.
I have an AX7 P AT and my driving style is spirited
,NCR drive in summers is between 8.8-9.5 kmpl ,this jumps to around 12-12.5 for expressway drives.
Winters in city I have experienced between 10-11 KMPL.
Old 24th September 2024, 13:44   #10903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathanK View Post
Hello All,

I'm experiencing a peculiar issue with Apple CarPlay. Since this morning, all audio (calls, music, etc.) is playing through my phone's speaker instead of the car speakers.

I've tried restarting the Adrenox system and reconnecting CarPlay multiple times, but the issue persists. Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: Issue resolved after restarting my iPhone.
Old 24th September 2024, 13:58   #10904
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have finalized AX7L Diesel Manual over AX7 Diesel automatic as 7L gives following features by paying ₹90k extra over AX7 D AT while losing convenience of an automatic
- EPB with auto hold
- Ventilated seats
- 360 degree camera
- Electrically operated door handles
- 12 speaker Sony tuned sound system

Question for AX7L manual owners
1. What all Adrenox features are available on AX7L manual variant?
2. Can we remote start AX7L manual via Adrenox app?
3. Can AC be remote started to cool the cabin before stepping into the car?
Old 24th September 2024, 15:44   #10905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaan_999 View Post
When I purchased the car, I was told I would be getting the spare key and the sequential turn indicators later. Got the spare key after 6 months or so but haven’t received the sequential turn indicators yet and the dealer says there is no update.
If you take your car to SC, there will be a pending action item showing in their system against your car (Tail Lamp Replacement or something like that). SCs are mandatorily required by Mahindra to complete this replacement if customer asks for it. While on an outstation trip (in Chikmagalur, Karnataka), I had visited the SC for a different purpose and the SA there told me that they can install it. But because I was short on time, I opted out. Later, I took the car to SC in Bangalore and they did the replacement work.

You may take your car to a nearby SC and ask for the same. For sure, if your car is eligible, it will show up in their system. If they deny, you can raise a complaint with Mahindra Customer Care.
shubham_2206 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks