Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2024, 19:19   #10861
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner_49 View Post
Some real life pics would be appreciated, if possible.

Also, is this mirror stable enough on potholes/bad roads or will it have some sort of rattling noise or susceptible to coming off entirely? I have heard these kind of issues can occur on these type of products so wasn't sure to buy it or not but the stock rear view mirror in XUV700 is pretty bad.
No rattles. And the mechanism with which it latches on the default IRVM is good. It does shake with the original IRVM though I feel the shaking has dampened a bit.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-antiglareirvmblu.jpeg
rroy92 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2024, 00:58   #10862
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj.elan View Post
There is a third party mod available in Youtube. Durvient is your keyword. Take your precautions before deciding on this or similar product. I had same curiosity and stumbled upon this recently but couldn't find courage to take a leap of faith yet.
Hi, I bought the auto dimming IRVM from Durvient and I got it installed from the service center guys, without any issues, the hard wiring kit can be tapped into the fuse box, there’s an installation video on YouTube, I just followed that and got it installed, it works great in my XUV P AT AX7L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
I hate the fact that they include the brand name text in the front of the mirror in glossy finish like the cheap imprints on key-chain ornaments.
Hi, you can actually peel the brand name from the mirror, it’s just sticker, I peeled mine off from the mirror, and the auto dimming IRVM works great.

Did anyone try getting/installing/converting the boot to electric boot in the XUV 700??

Last edited by Axe77 : 18th September 2024 at 09:44. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Fixing sms lingo (u —> you). Caps.
865interceptor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2024, 12:02   #10863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM View Post
From what I understand, even on high speeds it will not suddenly bring the car to a halt or stall it. If you're driving at 100, it will engage brakes linearly to bring down the speed and not give a jolt. Maybe others can share their experience if they have experienced.
I have AEBS enabled all the time, whether it's city driving or highway driving. On highways, when I'm overtaking in a relatively lesser space, it sometimes gives a collision warning, the steering wheel vibrates and car slows down a bit. Fortunately, so far, I haven't been in a situation where it had to bring the car to a complete halt on the highway.

In the city however, it has happened many times in crawling traffic that it brought the car to a halt (from a crawling speed) when an auto rickshaw or a two wheeler suddenly cut in front of me. It's been a super useful safety feature so far. I'm not worried about the minor scratches that would have occurred but rather the major damage due to the ever increasing road rage in Bengaluru
shubham_2206 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2024, 12:39   #10864

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDP-4D View Post
I have AX7 P AT Jan 2024 model. Received the same notification and I accepted it. Both the screens went blank for a few seconds and then the update started. It took around 25 minutes.
AC was working but turn indicators, rear parking camera weren't working during the update.

The software version before the update: 10.27.62.
After the update: 10.35.22
Is the OTA software update only available for models after certain manufactured date? Mine is Nov 2022 model, AX7 AT variant and have not received any such OTA update alert.

Hi everyone,

I have been facing an issue where I hear some crackling noise from the dashboard just under the steering wheel when I start the car in the day and drive for few hundred meters. It's very intermittent and cannot be reproduced all the time I start the car. Most of the times I hear it when I start the car for the first time in the day and it disappears after I drive the car for 3 to 4 kms. The noise is also not continuous through out this distance and I hear it even when the speakers volume is at zero.

Mine is Nov 2022 manufactured and AX7 D AT variant. Reported this issue multiple times to the service center but they have not been able fix it primarily because they could not reproduce it when I take the vehicle to service center.

It has started after couple of weeks the vehicle was delivered and have been living with it though it's irritating at times. Wanted to check if any of the owners have faced this peculiar issue and if there is any solution / fix to this.

Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 18th September 2024 at 16:41. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 18th September 2024, 14:11   #10865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead1234 View Post
Hi alpha photon, followed all your posts related to this issue. I am facing the exact same issue on my 2023 XUV700 AX7L P AT. When the car is stationary and I move the steering extreme right, it makes the tak tak tak sound, like a bolt getting tightened. Sent a video to my service advisor, and he has asked me to bring it to the workshop. Do you have any latest update on this issue? I was suspecting a link rod issue.
Hi. On return leg of a recent trip even my AX5 D AT 2023 steering has suddenly started making a sound. It comes and goes. I don't know what caused it but it went away on its own only to reappear today.

In my case it is not tak tak but a sound similar to "wooden door hinges" in need of oiling.

Since you have followed Alpha Photon's post can you update what did the service center do to correct this issue?

Is this a known issue in XUV? I have so far had a very positive ownership experience and this is sort of a buzzkill for a car that hasn't even crossed 20k kms.

Last edited by psbali : 18th September 2024 at 14:12. Reason: Added model year.
Old 18th September 2024, 21:34   #10866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs_cockpit View Post
I have been facing an issue where I hear some crackling noise from the dashboard just under the steering wheel when I start the car in the day and drive for few hundred meters. It's very intermittent and cannot be reproduced all the time I start the car.
I had this problem last year, when there would be crackling noise coming from various places. Sometimes it would seem like coming from the dashboard, sometimes from the front passenger window controls, sometimes from the AC controls. Very random, not easily reproducible. I even made a video capturing the sound. I thought it's some electrical issue as the sound resembled that of electricity crackling. Reported it to the SC but they couldn't figure out what it is initially. After being persistent, they did a longer test drive and found that the noise comes after a certain RPM only. They deduced it to an issue in the underbody area where some part was vibrating when the car went over a specific RPM level, and this vibration travelled through the car's body and manifested as a noise inside the cabin sounding like electricity crackle. They fixed the underbody part (I don't remember which part was it exactly).

Maybe what you're facing is similar.
shubham_2206 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2024, 21:41   #10867

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham_2206 View Post
I had this problem last year, when there would be crackling noise coming from various places. Sometimes it would seem like coming from the dashboard, sometimes from the front passenger window controls, sometimes from the AC controls. Very random, not easily reproducible. I even made a video capturing the sound. I thought it's some electrical issue as the sound resembled that of electricity crackling. Reported it to the SC but they couldn't figure out what it is initially. After being persistent, they did a longer test drive and found that the noise comes after a certain RPM only. They deduced it to an issue in the underbody area where some part was vibrating when the car went over a specific RPM level, and this vibration travelled through the car's body and manifested as a noise inside the cabin sounding like electricity crackle. They fixed the underbody part (I don't remember which part was it exactly).

Maybe what you're facing is similar.
Thank you. Looks pretty similar to what I am facing as I also noticed that noise is heard at certain RPM levels. It would be really helpful if you could help with the part name by looking at the service invoice, so that I can quote this directly with the SA to investigate on these lines.

Last edited by KarthikK : 18th September 2024 at 21:51.
Old 19th September 2024, 01:38   #10868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs_cockpit View Post
Thank you. Looks pretty similar to what I am facing as I also noticed that noise is heard at certain RPM levels. It would be really helpful if you could help with the part name by looking at the service invoice, so that I can quote this directly with the SA to investigate on these lines.
Went through the invoices, but don't see any mention of the part specifically. This issue was resolved as part of the 20K service, among many other minor issues which I had reported to them. None of them have a mention in the invoice as such.

I'm visiting the SC on Monday next week (Rats chewed up some wires in the engine bay ), will check with the SA if he remembers specifically what the underlying cause (and part) was that led to this noise.
shubham_2206 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2024, 07:22   #10869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDP-4D View Post
I have AX7 P AT Jan 2024 model. Received the same notification and I accepted it. Both the screens went blank for a few seconds and then the update started. It took around 25 minutes.
AC was working but turn indicators, rear parking camera weren't working during the update.
The software version before the update: 10.27.62.
After the update: 10.35.22
They are choosing a selected bunch
I have one manufactured in November 2023 and no such updates ever popped on my screen.
himanshu_trikha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2024, 11:26   #10870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshc18 View Post
Hi Manish,

I have booked AX7L D AT AWD today. AT is must in Bangalore. I have been driving Xuv500 AT and trust me, it has been very helpful.

Your use case of driving mostly in city makes AT a no brainer.
It seems people of PPS Mahindra, HRBR not able to get my correct variant booked in the backend. Initially, they booked AX7 instead of AX7L and color also wrong.

Today, SA sends me some screenshot of correction where they have corrected color but forgot to change the variant. I have told him to get it corrected by evening. If anyone has more helpful SA in Bangalore, please DM me.

Fed up of these guys. They have not been able to get the right booking in 2 weeks, when would it be delivered is my guess.
Old 19th September 2024, 11:40   #10871

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Hi. On return... Is this a known issue in XUV? I have so far had a very positive ownership experience and this is sort of a buzzkill for a car that hasn't even crossed 20k kms.
I took my car to the service centre today and they tried convincing me that this is an issue that is common with both XUVs and Scorpios. I told them to check it anyways and they finally said they will do a round of retorques. Will let you know if it solves the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 865interceptor View Post
Hi, I bought the auto dimming IRVM from Durvient and I got it installed from the service center guys, without any issues, the hard wiring kit can be tapped into the fuse box, there’s an installation video on YouTube, I just followed that and got it installed, it works great in my XUV P AT AX7L.Did anyone try getting/installing/converting the boot to electric boot in the XUV 700??
Interesting to know that Mahindra service center (I am assuming it was Mahindra) agreed to install this. This doesn't void warranty?

Last edited by KarthikK : 19th September 2024 at 11:50. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the same thread. Thanks!
petrolhead1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2024, 13:10   #10872
BHPian

It has been 3 weeks since I requested for a refund of my booking amount for one of the Mahindra Showrooms. Any Ideas on how to expedite it? What is the escalation matrix?
Old 19th September 2024, 16:05   #10873
BHPian

Got my car graphene coated last week at Carzspa Navi Mumbai. This one is G10 with 7 years warranty. The shine is superb and the water repelling capability excellent. It is very easy to clean and maintain the car, and with water wash and wiping it shines like new again! Attaching a few photos.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20240911wa0014.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20240911wa0016.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20240911wa0013.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20240911wa0017.jpg
adeshgunjan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th September 2024, 17:49   #10874
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead1234 View Post
Interesting to know that Mahindra service center (I am assuming it was Mahindra) agreed to install this. This doesn't void warranty?
I know the guys in the service centre they did it upon my insistence I’m not worried about warranty as I have the dashcam also tapped into the fuse box as long as there is no original manufacturer wire cutting/splicing, i think I’m good.

Last edited by 865interceptor : 19th September 2024 at 17:53. Reason: Spelling corrected
Old 19th September 2024, 20:23   #10875

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
In my case it is not tak tak but a sound similar to "wooden door hinges" in need of oiling.

Since you have followed Alpha Photon's post can you update what did the service center do to correct this issue?
The steering noise is gone. They re-torqued the suspension and that seems to have solved it.

Last edited by KarthikK : 19th September 2024 at 20:32.
petrolhead1234 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed