Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2024, 23:22   #10831

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Magic View Post
In case a car gets submerged in water, the doors become difficult to open due to the water pressure outside the vehicle. In such situations, it’s generally recommended to try to escape through the windows rather than the doors. This applies to all cars, irrespective of make and model.
That's why I keep a seat belt cutter and window breaker in my car at all times. The likelihood of it getting used during not just a single car's lifetime or my lifetime itself is almost negligible.

But it's one of the things which is better to have but hoping never to use it than not having it when it's use becomes necessary.
gooner_49 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2024, 23:29   #10832

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_trikha View Post
Finally I got a reply for different Min Octane rating requires for Manual and AT Petrol Variants
A bit confused with above comment. Does this mean that current manual transmission is incompatible with E20 fuel?

And for people who have already bought a manual transmission will they be able to retrofit this new fuel injection system or is it going to be an entirely different engine altogether making a retrofit in current manual XUV700s impossible?

I am someone who likes to keep their car for the long run like 10-15 years. These comments from Mahindra make me worried that us manual transmission owners might start facing unnecessary problems in the future given the direction government is going towards in terms fuel blends they're promoting.

Last edited by aah78 : 15th September 2024 at 09:25. Reason: Quote trimmed, typo.
Old 15th September 2024, 06:54   #10833

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankthebest View Post
Anyone has similar experience?
I had the same issue a couple of months ago. Went to the service center, and they changed the sensors without any cost. Looks like this is a known issue, but there's no "recall" issued.

Last edited by aah78 : 15th September 2024 at 09:25. Reason: Quote trimmed.
avijayr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2024, 13:11   #10834
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Mine is a AX5 without the ADAS bells and whistles.
Have you installed any aftermarket soft touch material on center armrest and door pad armrest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
So I assume in AEBS on AX7 will work best on highway and will slow down with the vehicle ahead. It would be best for someone with AX7 manual to try in a safe way and provide a review. Ideally it should slow down and add braking force when the driver is already pressing the brakes. It is safer to stall then hit someone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Manual Transmission XUV700 does not have AEBS - it comes only in the AT version.
Thanks for clarifying the absence of AEBS on AX7 MT. Now, I am leaning more towards AX7 AT due to AEBS, ACC, Smart Pilot which will be usable for lane marked long drives on highways and ORR (outer ring road) drives and of course convenience of automatic transmission in the city which comprises 70% of my yearly driving.

Last edited by kgt.v8 : 15th September 2024 at 13:15.
Old 15th September 2024, 14:50   #10835
BHPian

Hi, Any recommendations for after market sun shades of good quality?
Old 15th September 2024, 15:09   #10836

Hi Bhpians,
Got delivery of my XUV 700 AX7 AT AWD DSL-Slytherine today in a hush hush manner. I came to get it home all the way from 3000 kms. The ceremony was underwhelming to say the least as I couldn't follow most of the norms of today's celebratory car delivery model. It was all like a bunch of grown ups had gone with a kid to get his new cycle or video game. Detailed review will follow and it will help those folks like me who want to get a BH registration but live far from home state.
One quick question DEF is 93%. Is it appropriate or should it have been 100%?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20240915_104817990.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20240915_104837231.jpg  

Last edited by KarthikK : 15th September 2024 at 15:33. Reason: Minor formatting
Old 15th September 2024, 19:13   #10837
BHPian

Is it just me, or does others feel the IRVM vibrating sometimes. Any fixes for it?
Old 15th September 2024, 19:35   #10838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
Have you installed any aftermarket soft touch material on center armrest and door pad armrest?
No and not planning to do as well. Initially I did feel short changed about the missing fabric in AX5, then after driving for around 2000kms I felt it wasn't necessary. It did not feel hard to touch when resting my elbow or have any sweat situations. It is matching the interior colours. It is easier to clean and maintain too.

May be in future after good usage of the stock seat, when I plan to update to leatherette seat covers, I'll get the armrest also covered to match.

I regret my decision to go for custom seat covers after buying my Duster. Had removed the plastics and got the custom stitched covers with added paddings. Never got to feel the original as is. The covers lasted well over expectations and changed after it started showing age. But that little itch remained that the new seat was never used.

Last edited by HillMan : 15th September 2024 at 19:54.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2024, 22:58   #10839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrthodocX View Post
That is probably coz of your 'newbie' membership status at teambhp. We can communicate here till you hit the required post limit. I will drop in a word to the ASM.
Thanks OrthodocX for the reference and info. I could not reach Khivraj ASM on mobile.

However I have booked today at MM Motors Iyyappanthangal. They promised the delivery in 3 weeks.

Booked AX7 7 STR Diesel MT.

PS:
OTR is 24.65L. Insurance is mentioned as 81K.
I can see online insurance B2B at Royal Sundaram for 61K.

Requesting in forum, anyone with same variant to share the insurance amount paid?
Old 16th September 2024, 11:08   #10840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveToDrive2404 View Post
Requesting in forum, anyone with same variant to share the insurance amount paid?
Not the same variant. But for a IDV of 21.66 Lakh and with B2B and Return to Invoice, I paid 68K for HDFC Ergo Insurance.
rroy92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 11:55   #10841
SRM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Manual Transmission XUV700 does not have AEBS - it comes only in the AT version.
That's incorrect. I have Diesel MT AX7 L variant and it does have AEBS. Compared to an automatic, the manual car doesn't get only Smart Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control.
SRM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 13:54   #10842
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM View Post
That's incorrect. I have Diesel MT AX7 L variant and it does have AEBS. Compared to an automatic, the manual car doesn't get only Smart Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control.
Has AEBS stopped your car suddenly or applied hard brakes to avoid front collision? If yes, when AEBS came into action due to car being in higher gear and AEBS slowing car to speed lesser, then did the car suddenly stall? Can you share your experience or insights of driving with AEBS on on your AX7L MT?
Old 16th September 2024, 15:56   #10843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_trikha View Post
We had implemented a high compression ratio engine with injectors from a different supplier in AT XUV 7OO Gasoline. This is the reason for recommending Min RON as 95. These injectors are capable of working with E20 fuel. This was done to improve fuel economy of AT vehicles. It may be noted the performance characteristics of MT and AT Engines are pretty much similar and they were officially certified by ARAI.
As MT engine’s compression ratio is lower it can work with Min RON of 91.
This is a direct contradiction with the Owners Manual which states both MT & AT have the same Compression ratio.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-cr.png

The other question is why would you want to have 2 different compression ratio, that would call for different Cylinders head /gasket, different calibrations, different certifications when the performance is more or less similar. Why do you care about fuel consumption for AT vehicles and not MT vehicles. And do you really expect Indian customers to but 95 octane fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner_49 View Post
And for people who have already bought a manual transmission will they be able to retrofit this new fuel injection system or is it going to be an entirely different engine altogether making a retrofit in current manual XUV700s impossible?
A lot of vehicles will be on the same boat and will need to run on E10. If the Govt decides to stop E10 petrol will will have to buy from Shell. Lets hope common sense prevail.
Old 16th September 2024, 19:09   #10844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
the IRVM vibrating sometimes?
It does vibrate but I am not aware about a fix too. While I was annoyed about it, I do not feel concerned now as one would observe it only when they are looking at the mirror longer. During the normal driving process, one wouldn’t observe it.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 20:32   #10845
SRM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
Has AEBS stopped your car suddenly or applied hard brakes to avoid front collision? If yes, when AEBS came into action due to car being in higher gear and AEBS slowing car to speed lesser, then did the car suddenly stall? Can you share your experience or insights of driving with AEBS on on your AX7L MT?
I am yet to drive on the highway on high speeds and see how it works. However, within the city it has been quite useful. It usually gives a warning of collission possible, only once or twice has emergency braking being engaged. You can also set the sensitivity of how early or late you want it to react.

From what I understand, even on high speeds it will not suddenly bring the car to a halt or stall it. If you're driving at 100, it will engage brakes linearly to bring down the speed and not give a jolt. Maybe others can share their experience if they have experienced.
SRM is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks