Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2024, 17:23   #10801
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Thank you! This actually looks pretty decent!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeshgunjan View Post
AX7L has permanent video recording feature using the 360 degree cameras, when you drive the car. To store the videos you need a memory card and it is not easy to self install. You have the option of buying your own and give it to them to install. I simply chose from their list as i thought it is not worth the effort. For the bumper guard, trust me, I have put it reluctantly, I don't like the look as well but in a city like Mumbai better to have it. Aftermarket ones are not that great looking, and even in the original options i found just one which was the most decent and kind of looked merged with the body. I chose the one with part number AW60024, you may check it in their accessory catalog. Attaching a photo for reference.Attachment 2652343
Old 9th September 2024, 20:33   #10802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyersRemorse View Post
Hi All!

I have a question for members who have gone for the Ax7L instead of the Ax7. I'm in a dilemma regarding both as the price difference is quite large. Are the features of the Ax7L worth the price difference?
This will be my only car, and I plan on keeping it for a long time.
If you have to cash, go for the Luxury Pack. The feel good quotient is just too good. You will not regret the money spent when those door handles open to welcome you.

As to whether it's "worth" it, it depends on what you consider value. Only you can quantify this for yourself.

For me the auto door handles, knee airbag and the 360 Cam alone are definitely worth the asking price.

Do i think these features cost Mahindra 3 lakhs to add? No. Would i compromise on these to save some money? Also No. I would love to get these features for cheaper but since there isn't an option, i am alright paying a premium for them.
Old 9th September 2024, 21:36   #10803

Hey All,

A newbie on this forum and my first post! Happy to share that I’m a proud owner of the beast XUV700 AX7L AWD variant.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_4080.jpeg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_4098.jpeg

Got the vehicle in 1 week. Booking was done on 8th Aug 2024 and vehicle delivered on 15th Aug 2024. Celebrated our Independence day with the beast.

India Garage Whitefield was kind enough to let me do PDI in their stockyard in Nelamangala before making the booking. Also managed to get 5K worth of accessories free even when they had agreed for me to get the insurance outside.

Quick question to the members of this forum on the auto start-stop feature. I have faced the issue of vehicle not starting after the engine turning off during the traffic stop. Anyone else faced this issue or aware what could be the problem? Thanks in advance!
ravi88v is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 05:37   #10804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
I am toying with the idea of installing a dasham on my car for a long time, I was considering 70Mai A510 dual channel which has a Sony Starviz 2 sensor.

What is your experience with the Qubo specially the hardwiring, does it void the warranty.
Hi Sudhir. I just completed a DIY installation of the 70Mai A510 in my XUV. I have compared footage of the Qubo and the 70Mai and found the Qubo to be lacking (this is my opinion based on a side-by-side comparison, no offence intended towards Qubo users) so went with the latter.

As far as warranty is concerned, if you install the dashcam without splicing any wiring, there is unlikely to be any issue. There is a conveniently located (well, sort of) fuse box and with a little bravado (or with help from a knowledgeable technician), you can hardwire it into the fuse box without any problem.

I went ahead and did it myself and am very happy with the quality of footage from both cameras. I should add that I have used the hardwiring kit from 70Mai to enable parking surveillance when car is off. I have also used a CPL filter to cut out glare and reflections from the front camera.

Attaching some pics of the installation.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240908_070001.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240908_083310.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240908_070004.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240908_083436.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240908_085744.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240908_085706.jpg  

Last edited by OrthodocX : 10th September 2024 at 05:39. Reason: Spelling correction
OrthodocX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 15:48   #10805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrthodocX View Post
Hi Sudhir. I just completed a DIY installation of the 70Mai A510 in my XUV. I have compared footage of the Qubo and the 70Mai and found the Qubo to be lacking (this is my opinion based on a side-by-side comparison, no offence intended towards Qubo users) so went with the latter.

As far as warranty is concerned, if you install the dashcam without splicing any wiring, there is unlikely to be any issue. There is a conveniently located (well, sort of) fuse box and with a little bravado (or with help from a knowledgeable technician), you can hardwire it into the fuse box without any problem.

I went ahead and did it myself and am very happy with the quality of footage from both cameras. I should add that I have used the hardwiring kit from 70Mai to enable parking surveillance when car is off. I have also used a CPL filter to cut out glare and reflections from the front camera.

Attaching some pics of the installation.
Thanks for the installation pictures, you seem to be an expert seeing the instruments you are using. I have the A510 in my shopping cart, might pull the trigger anytime.

Your dasham is right behind the IRVM, at this spot can you see the display of the dasham while driving? Actually in my car I have Fastag at this spot as yiu can see in the picture below. Should I then install my dashcam towards the driver side of the Fastag? Your advise would be very helpful. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_1756.jpeg  

Old 10th September 2024, 15:51   #10806
BHPian

Quote:
If you have to cash, go for the Luxury Pack. The feel good quotient is just too good. You will not regret the money spent when those door handles open to welcome you.

As to whether it's "worth" it, it depends on what you consider value. Only you can quantify this for yourself.

For me the auto door handles, knee airbag and the 360 Cam alone are definitely worth the asking price.

Do i think these features cost Mahindra 3 lakhs to add? No. Would i compromise on these to save some money? Also No. I would love to get these features for cheaper but since there isn't an option, i am alright paying a premium for them.
Ditto me, I have the AX7L AT Petrol and love all the features, I keep discovering new ones. For me it is worth the money going that bit extra.
Old 10th September 2024, 17:28   #10807
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the installation pictures, you seem to be an expert seeing the instruments you are using. I have the A510 in my shopping cart, might pull the trigger anytime.

Your dasham is right behind the IRVM, at this spot can you see the display of the dasham while driving? Actually in my car I have Fastag at this spot as yiu can see in the picture below. Should I then install my dashcam towards the driver side of the Fastag? Your advise would be very helpful. Thanks
Thank you for the compliment. I'm no expert. But I am a quick learner. A few YouTube videos, some tutorials and a healthy dose of common sense can help accomplish anything

As for the dashcam location, I had my fastag installed by the dealership behind the IRVM, which was where I wanted my dashcam. So I ordered a new fastag, ripped away the old one and installed the dashcam there. It is not visible while I am driving (that's the whole point, it doesn't distract or intrude into my vision), but I can see it when I want to by peeping behind the mirror.

I feel there is no practical use of looking at the tiny dashcam screen while driving when you can look out of the windshield and see everything in 16K Dolby Vision with your own eyes

I am experimenting with sticking the fastag on the left upper corner of the windshield. So far I have succeeded with two passes across highway toll plaza. Once I can confirm that the placement works at airports and malls as well, I'll permanently affix the fastag to the corner.

Can post additional images of the installation or a tutorial later if there's enough interest in this topic, though I suspect most people just get technicians to install this stuff instead of going full monty on their shiny new car ��
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240908_085655.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240908_083333.jpg  

Last edited by OrthodocX : 10th September 2024 at 17:31. Reason: Added context
OrthodocX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 19:10   #10808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveToDrive2404 View Post
I don't see an option to send private message. Apologise for that.

Could you please share Khivraj details.
Thanks OrthodocX for the details. I couldn't reply a direct message to you. You can mention my name Vijay Kumar to dealer Khivraj. Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 19:38   #10809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveToDrive2404 View Post
Thanks OrthodocX for the details. I couldn't reply a direct message to you. You can mention my name Vijay Kumar to dealer Khivraj. Thanks
That is probably coz of your 'newbie' membership status at teambhp. We can communicate here till you hit the required post limit. I will drop in a word to the ASM.
OrthodocX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 21:00   #10810

Hello guys, planning to buy an XUV in AX7 P AT. However I have a few questions for current owners. Can we completely turn off all ADAS features that take over control of the car like auto braking etc.? How has reliability been for you, is it safe to assume that all or most of the initial software glitches and hardware issues/recalls have been sorted. And how is the comfort and ride quality?
Old 10th September 2024, 22:40   #10811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonGogoi View Post
Hello guys, planning to buy an XUV in AX7 P AT. However I have a few questions for current owners. Can we completely turn off all ADAS features that take over control of the car like auto braking etc.? How has reliability been for you, is it safe to assume that all or most of the initial software glitches and hardware issues/recalls have been sorted. And how is the comfort and ride quality?
You can turn off the ADAS features if you don't want them. You can even decide what degree of assistance you need from the ADAS system (Completely Off/ Warning only/ Warning + assistance etc). I've only had the car for around a week, so can't say long term, but so far no software glitches faced. Confort and ride quality are superb.
OrthodocX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 01:16   #10812
bbv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi88v View Post
Hey All,

India Garage Whitefield was kind enough to let me do PDI in their stockyard in Nelamangala before making the booking. Also managed to get 5K worth of accessories free even when they had agreed for me to get the insurance outside.
First of all Congratulations for new car and also for being lucky with that showroom.

I wasn't so lucky with them and my SA was PITA. They straightaway told that PDI can only happen at the showroom and no discount on accessories as well with the new reduced price, even though at the time of booking (with old price) they offered 20k of accessories FoC. Later on since my SA goofed-up a lot, they offered 5k discount on accessories in lieu of it .

Quote:
Quick question to the members of this forum on the auto start-stop feature. I have faced the issue of vehicle not starting after the engine turning off during the traffic stop. Anyone else faced this issue or aware what could be the problem? Thanks in advance!
This happened with me right on my first trip from showroom to home. I never drove an AT with so much electronics/smartness earlier . I was annoyed with the ASS feature and turned it off in the middle of drive, but (IIRC) unfortunately when it was switched off using ASS. Now, when I tried to switch ON using push-button it didn't start and in the peak hour traffic I was slightly panicked, also thinking that if I don't move fast, someone in the hurry couldn hit from behind. So, I didn't immediately noticed that the MID screen was displaying a message to first put the gear lever in parking and then switch On. Once, I saw that I followed and it worked.

But, in my case, it was most likely because car registered that it stopped by ASS and hence should only be started by ASS, but by that time I switched ASS off.

On this note:
Quote:
Originally Posted by careind View Post
I am using the recorded voice message function to remind me every time I start the car to

1. Engage ZIP MODE
2. Disengage Auto start-stop
This is a neat trick and I also tried it. Thanks a lot for suggesting this. By any chance do you know how to reduce the volume level for this greeting? It is too loud for my liking, especially when others are also getting in the car.
bbv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 06:46   #10813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonGogoi View Post
I have been using the same variant (AX7 P AT) for around 10 months with 10.5k kms on the odo.
Yes, ADAS can be turned completely off or just set to Warning - only mode, and it retains the settings even when the car is restarted.

Reliability: I only faced the blank-screen issue 2-3 times when the car was parked under extreme sunlight. But restarting solved the issue. I'm still on an older software version (OTA update has already been received by few XUV owners). Apart from this, no issues, no recalls.

Ride quality and comfort: I really like the way it glides over potholes and rumbler strips. Suspension makes noise (not annoying) but it does its job very well especially with the recommended Tyre pressure. No complaints here.

Hope this helps .

Last edited by KarthikK : 11th September 2024 at 07:03. Reason: Minor typo fix
WDP-4D is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 11:46   #10814
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the compliment. I'm no expert. But I am a quick learner. A few YouTube videos, some tutorials and a healthy dose of common sense can help accomplish anything

As for the dashcam location, I had my fastag installed by the dealership behind the IRVM, which was where I wanted my dashcam. So I ordered a new fastag, ripped away the old one and installed the dashcam there. It is not visible while I am driving (that's the whole point, it doesn't distract or intrude into my vision), but I can see it when I want to by peeping behind the mirror.

I feel there is no practical use of looking at the tiny dashcam screen while driving when you can look out of the windshield and see everything in 16K Dolby Vision with your own eyes

I am experimenting with sticking the fastag on the left upper corner of the windshield. So far I have succeeded with two passes across highway toll plaza. Once I can confirm that the placement works at airports and malls as well, I'll permanently affix the fastag to the corner.

Can post additional images of the installation or a tutorial later if there's enough interest in this topic, though I suspect most people just get technicians to install this stuff instead of going full monty on their shiny new car ��
Regarding the Fastag, you mean the passenger side upper left corner?
Can you please also let me know the routing of the camera to Fuse Box and camera to Rear Camera wiring. Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 13:37   #10815
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the Fastag, you mean the passenger side upper left corner?
Can you please also let me know the routing of the camera to Fuse Box and camera to Rear Camera wiring. Thanks
Yes Sudhir, passenger side upper corner.

As for the installation, I'm getting so many DMs and personal messages, i thin I'll just pen down a tutorial (or at least my DIY experience). Will add all the details there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks