Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2024, 16:53   #10786
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Congratulations!! Are there any Accessories that any new buyer should definitely consider in an AX7L model apart from good floor mats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeshgunjan View Post
Hello All,

My AX7L AWD got delivered on the 5th of September. Totally in love with the car and just looking for occasions to take her out. Too many features and settings to play with every time you go for drive.
Few observations:
1. It is a delight to drive, no doubt. This is made for mile munching. You feel you have reached the destination too soon.
2. The pull from the red signals brings a smile to your face.
3. Brakes are noisy. Right from the time i took it out of the showroom. Be it auto hold release, EPB release or general braking.
4. There is a faint sound in the back when you brake strongly. I guess it is the football in the boot phenomena all are talking about.
5. There is dug dug in the suspension. Although not at all annoying for me. They are just doing their work. The ride is super smooth.
6. Power windows work even when the car is totally switched off. Something which my present car doesnt have.

All in all, dont mind the minor quirks at all and totally enjoying the experience till now. Waiting for a long drive soon! Attaching a photo.

Thank you all for helping me in my purchase decision. Cheers!

Attachment 2651902
DoneAndDusted is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2024, 16:58   #10787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinerandy View Post
Same pinch buddy. I got mine on 5th August. It's a beast to drive. Just a week back I did Bengaluru-Chennai round trip. Tested the ADAS for almost 80 kms on 80 kmph. Worked flawlessly. Wish you umpteen happy and safe miles.
Congrats to you too! My bigger question is how did you keep her at 80 for 80 kms? I am struggling the urge to go over even for shorter drives. Jokes apart, wish you many more miles!
adeshgunjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2024, 17:28   #10788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Congratulations!! Are there any Accessories that any new buyer should definitely consider in an AX7L model apart from good floor mats?
Thanks! Foot/side steps if you have elderly and kids, screenguard, memory card, security nuts for the wheels, mud flaps. These I think are essential. Lesser essential would be the rear bumper guard ( depends if you are ok with that look), sun visors, scuff plates, pedal covers. All these are what I opted for. Other members can throw in their suggestions as well.
Old 8th September 2024, 20:05   #10789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
I am toying with the idea of installing a dasham on my car for a long time, I was considering 70Mai A510 dual channel which has a Sony Starviz 2 sensor.

What is your experience with the Qubo specially the hardwiring, does it void the warranty.
Please do so. It's for the safety. As for the camera. I have 2 cars. Sonet and Xuv 7oo. For both the cars I chose 70mai brand. On sonet I got 800S and on Xuv I got 810. Comparing the footage from both the cams, one thing is very clear that 810 has better night time number plate readability. I will suggest you to go for 810. Day time footage has no major differences. Both the cams are hardwired. App is also user friendly and one single app controls both the dashcam.Till now no problems with both the cams.
marinerandy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2024, 21:00   #10790
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
The side steps provided by dealership are not of good quality. I don’t own an XUV700, but this based on the side steps I have seen on feedback of a colleague. Side steps will reduce ground clearance.

Rear guard is not recommended. It can reduce impact for slow speed bike hit from rear. The crumple zones which actually absorb impact do not absorb hits correctly at higher speed rear impact.
Old 8th September 2024, 21:32   #10791

Hey guys,
Just found a feature in XUV700
When auto wipers are in auto mode and active (front windshield wipers are wiping) if you slot to reverse gear, it will start rear wind shield wiper automatically, along with the front wipers, till you shift out of reverse gear.
haystack_needle is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th September 2024, 21:37   #10792

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
The side steps provided by dealership are not of good quality. I don’t own an XUV700, but this based on the side steps I have seen on feedback of a colleague. Side steps will reduce ground clearance.
IMO, side steps indeed reduce the GC by few cms, but it is really beneficial for elderly and children for ingress and egress. The ones provided from dealer are the most compact ones. 3rd party supplied would eat into GC even more.
Old 8th September 2024, 21:42   #10793

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankthebest View Post
I just completed 2 years and 25k KMs with my XUV700 AX7 Diesel AT. Suddenly one fine morning, the reverse parking sensors conked off and the car sounds a loud beep when put in Reverse. The MID shows two cross marks where it used to show the distance to object. Reverse camera works fine.

I am yet to take it to service center for diagnosis but hoping that this will be covered under warranty. Anyone has similar experience?
Congratulations on 2 year ownership!
Unfortunately you are facing a failed RPS issue. You should ask them to be replaced at ASC. It should be covered under std warranty by Mahindra. I have faced the same problem twice within an year.
haystack_needle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2024, 07:38   #10794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
I am toying with the idea of installing a dasham on my car for a long time, I was considering 70Mai A510 dual channel which has a Sony Starviz 2 sensor.

What is your experience with the Qubo specially the hardwiring, does it void the warranty.
Hello Sudhir,
I did not check out the 70Mai, but I am sure it’s quite good as many forum members highly recommend it.
The hardwiring for my dash cam was done by inserting the wire in the fuse holder. Hence no wires were spliced. There won’t be a warranty issue in this case.
The wires to the cameras both front and rear were tucked inside the roof lining edge.
The picture quality of the 3k cam is pretty good and useful. I have installed a 128gb micro sd card. Still monitoring to check how many days worth of videos can it store.
Hope this helps.
Happy driving.
Karaboudjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2024, 08:17   #10795
BHPian

Thank you! I agree side step is pretty much an essential along with mudflaps. The memory card, is it for the dashcam and is it an easy self install or do we need some technical support?
Personally I don't like the rear bumper guard, but I do agree with most driving in the city it will protect from those bikers and autos who nick and scrape with their squeeze manoeuvres. Not sure if there are any good aftermarket ones that are aesthetically better than the chrome bar that seems ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeshgunjan View Post
Thanks! Foot/side steps if you have elderly and kids, screenguard, memory card, security nuts for the wheels, mud flaps. These I think are essential. Lesser essential would be the rear bumper guard ( depends if you are ok with that look), sun visors, scuff plates, pedal covers. All these are what I opted for. Other members can throw in their suggestions as well.
DoneAndDusted is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2024, 11:44   #10796
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! I agree side step is pretty much an essential along with mudflaps. The memory card, is it for the dashcam and is it an easy self install or do we need some technical support?
Personally I don't like the rear bumper guard, but I do agree with most driving in the city it will protect from those bikers and autos who nick and scrape with their squeeze manoeuvres. Not sure if there are any good aftermarket ones that are aesthetically better than the chrome bar that seems ugly.
AX7L has permanent video recording feature using the 360 degree cameras, when you drive the car. To store the videos you need a memory card and it is not easy to self install. You have the option of buying your own and give it to them to install. I simply chose from their list as i thought it is not worth the effort. For the bumper guard, trust me, I have put it reluctantly, I don't like the look as well but in a city like Mumbai better to have it. Aftermarket ones are not that great looking, and even in the original options i found just one which was the most decent and kind of looked merged with the body. I chose the one with part number AW60024, you may check it in their accessory catalog. Attaching a photo for reference.Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700_bumperguard.png
adeshgunjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2024, 12:04   #10797

Hi All!

I have a question for members who have gone for the Ax7L instead of the Ax7. I'm in a dilemma regarding both as the price difference is quite large. Are the features of the Ax7L worth the price difference?
This will be my only car, and I plan on keeping it for a long time.

Last edited by navin : 9th September 2024 at 12:10. Reason: typos
Old 9th September 2024, 15:10   #10798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post
Now it becomes hard to accept that people who booked AWD+L will have to pay 1.5 L above the AWD variant only to have the 360 camera, smart door handle and 6 additional speakers ?
In 2024 you can add Ventilated Seats to the equation.

This is why I choose AX7 AWD. Great value for what it offers.
Old 9th September 2024, 15:24   #10799
BHPian

I had the same dilemma and decided to book the AX7L primarily for the continuous video recording, electric smart doors, 360 deg camera and the ventilated seats. Based on feedback from other members, L variant seems to worth the upgrade in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyersRemorse View Post
Hi All!

I have a question for members who have gone for the Ax7L instead of the Ax7. I'm in a dilemma regarding both as the price difference is quite large. Are the features of the Ax7L worth the price difference?
Old 9th September 2024, 15:25   #10800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyersRemorse View Post
Hi All!

Wow! What a username. And question that might justify the username Just kidding.

Go for Ax7L eyes closed. You cannot get those features installed aftermarket. 360 degree camera, extra airbag, auto hold, upgraded speaker setup will all make your journey more enjoyable and stress free.

Since you plan to keep the car for long time(for example,15 years), it will make it even more VFM.

Most Viewed