Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2024, 23:02   #10756
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Guys,

I went yesterday to Ananth Cars OMR Bangalore and was informed that there is a price reduction of 2 lakh rupees because of 3 year anniversary which make is even more logical to buy the XUV7oo.

I am almost decided on XUV7oo. However not sure of the version. I understand that AX7 comes with lot of safety features and 7L is required as the fake leather will otherwise sweat you a lot. So AX7L it will be. But there are few basic questions to be answered

1.) Manual or AT - I drove the diesel manual, no inconvenience and felt at home as I drive manual swift plus I own a 1958 Fiat and 1965 Jeep. So manual is ok. I will drive the Automatic today.

2.) Diesel or Petrol - My so far driving has been 10k km per year with mostly city drives. Long highway drives are only once in 6 months. So was thinking the DPF could be an issue here. Weekend highway drives 100km both ways will be there occasionally.

3.) 2wd or Awd - I was interested in AWD purely for fancy and to take my car on to hilly regions, but that will be like one in 2 years. Currently I go to hills of Ooty with my swift without an issue so think the FWD on XUV700 will also be ok.

I am almost decided on Diesel Manual 2WD (FWD) AX7L.

However writing it here incase I may be missing some points for and against my choice.

Regards,

Manish
Manish, I just booked the AX7L D AT AWD and went through similar decision making. Few inputs from my end are that AT in Bangalore is a must if budget permits. 2nd around P vs D decision, the running cost delta would be 5-6rs per km and 10K km per yr is substantial and adds up. FWD vs AWD is very subjective, mostly none of us need it but why not if budget allows.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2024, 00:41   #10757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post

The clutch on my test drive Diesel MT was hard and I got some pain in my left leg after 30 minutes of driving in city traffic. Your feedback looks assuring that MT will not give my left leg additional exercise than what it is used to. I will try to get hold of MT test drive from another dealership and try driving in Zip/Zap modes as per your feedback.
Diesels will have heavier clutch compared to petrol, mainly because of the torque they generate. XUV clutch feels lighter in the segment but the pedal has a longer travel. I have been driving Diesel for over a decade, so it doesn't bother me. I suggest AT for everyone. The AT tech has come a long way. My city drive with XUV700 is no more than 2-3 trips a week. My Bullet and Tiago petro AMT does most of the city duty.

So if your drive is couple of hours in daily traffic like Bangalore go for AT.

Last edited by HillMan : 4th September 2024 at 00:42.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2024, 11:43   #10758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post

Wiper blades

Has anyone replaced the wiper blades with non-OEM ones? Boodmo and may other sites seem to indicate that the from wiper blades are 24" and 19". I measured and it came out to be 24" and 15".
Did you get a response to this? I was looking to replace my blades too.
Old 4th September 2024, 14:20   #10759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
Did you get a response to this? I was looking to replace my blades too.
No, but, I am sure now that the sizes are 24” and 15”. I haven’t replaced this as I am having trouble getting brand and size of choice but I haven’t searched extensively too.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2024, 21:38   #10760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Guys,

I went yesterday to Ananth Cars OMR Bangalore and was informed that there is a price reduction of 2 lakh rupees because of 3 year anniversary which make is even more logical to buy the XUV7oo.

I am almost decided on XUV7oo. However not sure of the version. I understand that AX7 comes with lot of safety features and 7L is required as the fake leather will otherwise sweat you a lot. So AX7L it will be. But there are few basic questions to be answered

1.) Manual or AT - I drove the diesel manual, no inconvenience and felt at home as I drive manual swift plus I own a 1958 Fiat and 1965 Jeep. So manual is ok. I will drive the Automatic today.

2.) Diesel or Petrol - My so far driving has been 10k km per year with mostly city drives. Long highway drives are only once in 6 months. So was thinking the DPF could be an issue here. Weekend highway drives 100km both ways will be there occasionally.

3.) 2wd or Awd - I was interested in AWD purely for fancy and to take my car on to hilly regions, but that will be like one in 2 years. Currently I go to hills of Ooty with my swift without an issue so think the FWD on XUV700 will also be ok.

I am almost decided on Diesel Manual 2WD (FWD) AX7L.

However writing it here incase I may be missing some points for and against my choice.

Regards,

Manish
Hi Manish,

I have booked AX7L D AT AWD today. AT is must in Bangalore. I have been driving Xuv500 AT and trust me, it has been very helpful.

Your use case of driving mostly in city makes AT a no brainer.
mukeshc18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2024, 21:55   #10761
BHPian

Saw Insta reel about XUV700 facelift.

Looks like DRL is extended throughout the hood line
New headlight setup with LED Projectors
New bumper
New hood
Possibly new alloy wheels

Rear looks almost similar to existing model.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_4782.png  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_4781.png  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_4783.png  

puntolover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2024, 23:16   #10762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntolover View Post
Saw Insta reel about XUV700 facelift.
Look to be XUV.e8 and not a XUV 7OO facelift IMHO.
GautamJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 10:16   #10763
BHPian

Is anyone else facing a camber issue with the rear wheels? My rear wheels have a bit of a negative camber, not really noticeable unless you look for it, but there nonetheless. It’s more evident when there’s even a little load in the boot. Is it a tyre alignment issue, or a suspension issue? Should I get it checked?

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0396.jpeg

If you observe just the wheels, you can see the camber.
Old 5th September 2024, 10:51   #10764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
No, but, I am sure now that the sizes are 24” and 15”. I haven’t replaced this as I am having trouble getting brand and size of choice but I haven’t searched extensively too.
I have replaced the wiper blade from boodmo, details are in screenshot below. It just an 5 minutes DIY
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-wiper.png  

mahesh.alse is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 10:59   #10765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapKoura View Post
Is anyone else facing a camber issue with the rear wheels? My rear wheels have a bit of a negative camber, not really noticeable unless you look for it, but there nonetheless. It’s more evident when there’s even a little load in the boot. Is it a tyre alignment issue, or a suspension issue? Should I get it checked?

Attachment 2650689

If you observe just the wheels, you can see the camber.
All the XUVs have the camber this way. I was worried about uneven tyre wear because of this so I got the camber corrected from an outside alignment shop. So the rear wheels are straight now.
niranjan.mulye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2024, 16:16   #10766
BHPian

Hi Guys - We booked our XUV AX7L D AT (Napoli black) in mid Aug with an expected delivery timeline of 30-40 days in Hyderabad with AML. Now the sales guy is telling me there are delays with Mahindra and new vehicle delivery has slowed and that we might need to wait longer. I pushed him and told him we need the vehicle by end of September.
Anyways, is anyone else hearing of any slowdown from Mahindra or any other delays?
Old 6th September 2024, 18:27   #10767

Hi Guys
After much deliberation i have booked the AX5 5 str as i didnt find the AX7 or L variant worth the extra price. Hope i get a great engine and drive feel and i am set. I just wish ventilated seats and adjustable seat controls on the door were in this variant. God knows i could give the sun roof a miss. The dealership in Kolkata where i am at currently confirmed to me that they should take approx 3 weeks for the delivery+4-5 days for the BH number.

Excited and waiting for the beast.
Adionwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2024, 20:12   #10768
BHPian

Hi All,

Thanks for the earlier advise regarding the spare wheel and dash cam for the AX7L.
I have opted for the Qubo 3K Pro dual channel dash cam and got it hard wired to the fuse box. The camera has a decent quality, is non intrusive and control via the app is pretty good.

Have not decided on the spare wheel as yet.
Old 6th September 2024, 21:01   #10769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adionwheels View Post
Hi Guys
After much deliberation i have booked the AX5 5 str as i didnt find the AX7 or L variant worth the extra price.
Congrats buddy. AX5 is pretty much the same beast under the hood with lesser automation. But it has everything one needs. It had initial teething trouble to let the service team know you have arrived
Nothing major, but now everyone knows me there.

Upgrading from a Duster which went anywhere you point at with an awesome ride quality, but everything was manual including lack of basic auto door lock/unlock on ignition. This is pure luxury. Bangalore weather let's me keep the skyroof open. I just love it with no complaints

Last edited by HillMan : 6th September 2024 at 21:03.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2024, 21:08   #10770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Hi Guys - We booked our XUV AX7L D AT (Napoli black) in mid Aug with an expected delivery timeline of 30-40 days in Hyderabad with AML. Now the sales guy is telling me there are delays with Mahindra and new vehicle delivery has slowed and that we might need to wait longer. I pushed him and told him we need the vehicle by end of September.
Anyways, is anyone else hearing of any slowdown from Mahindra or any other delays?
My experience was pleasantly different. My preferred choice if model and color (Petrol AX7L White) was not in stock. Booked it on 16th August. Vehicle reached stockyard on 29th August, did PDI on the next day (VIN revealed car was manufactured in August itself) and completed payment. Car was registered and delivered to me on 4th September. Got the number plates installed today.

Dealership told me any model can be delivered within 4 weeks, usually 20 days.
OrthodocX is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks