Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2024, 12:25   #10726
SRM
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrthodocX View Post
Dealer provided me with Engine number and Chassis number, but not providing full VIN for some reason
Don't worry, the 1st letter of your chassis number is mfg year and 3rd letter is the mfg month. You can check what they stand for from the VIN thread on the forum. All the best!
SRM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2024, 15:18   #10727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM View Post
Don't worry, the 1st letter of your chassis number is mfg year and 3rd letter is the mfg month. You can check what they stand for from the VIN thread on the forum. All the best!
Thank you. That's what I went with. Manufacturing month is August 2024. .

Did the PDI today and was satisfied.

Vehicle delivery expect on Wednesday.
OrthodocX is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2024, 17:20   #10728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_noob_pro View Post
Hello,

I have almost shortlisted the XUV700 as my first car! I just need some help deciding on the following:

-Should I go for Petrol or Diesel (AX7L in Petrol vs AX7L AWD in Diesel)
My usage would be around 500 km in bumper-to-bumper Bangalore traffic and another 1000 odd for outstation highway trips (per month). I test-drove the petrol, and it was smooth. Haven't driven the diesel yet but sat in one and did feel some vibrations (Have only driven petrol cars until now)

-I have a test drive scheduled today at the dealership but they only have a Diesel manual currently for that. Would the NVH levels for the Diesel manual be similar to Diesel AT (the dealership informed me that that manual would have slightly more vibrations) and could I use that to take a call on Diesel AT

-Also, should DPF be a concern with my usage? (I am extremely new to the whole Diesel thing and still learning)
I was in a similar dilemma. If your main concern is the math, then you can browse this thread for a detailed calculations comparing the P & D by fellow BHPians which will help you a lot.
I have a kind of similar usage as yours. I test drove both and finally picked up the Diesel AWD. My reasons were as below:
1. The AWD factor - I would like to take this car to as many places as possible, so might encounter different terrains. Having a capable car always helps.
2. Extending on reason no.1, from what i hear from owners is that this car makes you itch to go for more trips, longer distances. Hence fuel economy matters. When the kms pile up, the cost difference will be highly noticeable.
3. The pull - Loved the way the engine pulled, especially in Zoom mode. Imagine it on the highways and expressways.

Yes, there are vibrations when stationery, but none when the car is in motion. Infact I personally like the vibrations which makes one feel as if the engine is begging for you to push it

DPF issue I felt is just an added step in your ownership routine rather than an 'Issue'. I speculate because think about it, more than 70% XUVs sold are diesel.

So if you like the silent, smooth experience of the petrol engine and do not particularly bother about the fuel efficiency then I suggest just go for it. Its a very potent engine. But if you feel that these 1500 kms can easily turn to many more, especially because of this vehicle, then you can consider Diesel.
adeshgunjan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2024, 20:26   #10729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFalcon007 View Post
Gentlemen! I’m absolutely thrilled to announce that the 'Tusker' has officially landed, with PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) successfully completed....

After the PDI, I swung by the dealership to wrap up the paperwork. They were apologetic about the delays and threw in a few free accessories as a goodwill gesture.
  • Mud Flaps
  • Screen Guard
  • SD Card
  • Comfort Kit
  • Sporty Pedals

Hi DesertFalcon007, first of all congratulations!

Just a IMHO note regarding the Accessories offered,

The comfort kit does not add much to the AX7 variants. Maybe adjust the cost of the comfort kit into LED Scuff plates.

More experienced folks can chime in if this is a better option or not.
rroy92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2024, 22:43   #10730
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Ventilated seats were underwhelming, barely noticeable, but Atharva confirmed that’s typical for the XUV 700; it feels better once the AC is on.
Pardon me if this has already been clarified, but the ventilated seats are supposed to be used with the AC only. The basic functioning of the ventilated seats is that it sucks in the ambient / cabin air, passes it through a series of fans and blows it onto to your back. So the cooler the cabin air, the better it is.

Ventilated seats are different from ‘cooled’ seats which have a cooling system akin to an AC within.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2024, 23:15   #10731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Folks, I am in the market for a spacious 5 str SUV (7 str is good bonus) and after looking at Safari, XUV700, Alcazar, Creta, Tuscon I have figured that nothing can really beat both XUV700 or safari in terms of the value prop, even more so for XUV700. I have driven Safari AT, XUV Diesel AT/MT & XUV P AT.
I would suggest you to check out the Carens as well once before you finalize.

And of course, if you need suggestions or help choosing, you can post on the "what car?" thread as well.
Old 31st August 2024, 01:57   #10732

We booked an AX7L Diesel AT in Midnight Black colour on 29th August. We had enquired with multiple dealerships, but none had any in the colour we wanted in ready stock. But to our surprise, the Sales Executive called us the next day to inform us that a car has been allotted. Expect the car to reach the dealership in a week.
Old 31st August 2024, 09:52   #10733
BHPian

My car is from the initial batches(DEC 22) Infact mine was the first XUV to be delievered in my city. This might sound strange but the suspension always feels floaty and as if in a boat. On the highway it doesnt inspire confidence at triple digit speeds(above 120). And the ever present suspension sounds/thuds are always there.
We recently got a Tata Safari for my brother and she feels so planted and sure footed. The chassis feels confidence inspiring and holds its line on on all kind of roads.
Do I need to check on something?
Old 31st August 2024, 12:43   #10734
BHPian

Quote:
After the PDI, I swung by the dealership to wrap up the paperwork. They were apologetic about the delays and threw in a few free accessories as a goodwill gesture.
  • Mud Flaps
  • Screen Guard
  • SD Card
  • Comfort Kit
  • Sporty Pedals
Also consider floor lamination. The floor carpet usually catches dirt over time. The lamination is velcro fitted on it and goes end to end without leaving any gaps on the floor. it is ever easy to clean. You dont have to worry even someone drops a bottle of juice on the car floor.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20240831-13.02.20_bfc2f2be.jpg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240628_224234.jpg

After getting the lamination done I got few large size rubber door mat from a local store and cut it to size.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20240628_224257.jpg

I got it done through Mahindra official accessories for around 9500.
Here is a video of someone getting it done aftermarket. Just to show how it is done.

Last edited by HillMan : 31st August 2024 at 13:10.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2024, 13:15   #10735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
My car is from the initial batches(DEC 22). . . the ever present suspension sounds/thuds are always there. . .
Do I need to check on something?
My car is also from the initial batch (Jan 2022 - Delivered in Feb). The suspension sound/thuds have been present since Day 1 and despite the LCA replacement, the sound has diminished to an extent but the suspension sound is still loud and ever present while driving over bad roads.

Would love to get information from newer owners regarding this suspension noise/thuds (Bhpians with newer XUV700s please pitch in your thoughts regarding suspension noise). The suspension sounds like the car is galloping over bad roads
wadewilson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2024, 15:42   #10736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
My car is also from the initial batch (Jan 2022 - Delivered in Feb). The suspension sound/thuds have been present since Day 1 and despite the LCA replacement, the sound has diminished to an extent but the suspension sound is still loud and ever present while driving over bad roads.
I'm in the same boat. My AX7 P AT is also from the first batch, delivered in Dec 2021. Despite the LCA replacement, there is definitely a creaking sound. Despite multiple ASC visits, no permanent solution. Learning to live with it.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2024, 16:44   #10737
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 - Check Engine System

Yesterday, while returning from an outstation trip in my AX7 P-AT, I heard this "ting"... "ting" sound intermittently and then noticed this warning on the instrument cluster.

Check Engine System Warning

Mahindra XUV700 Review-chk-engine.jpg

I stopped to take a picture, turned off the engine and did a visual inspection of the engine bay and under the car to see it I could spot any signs of leaking fluids or any other issues. But everything seemed fine.

Even though the car was behaving normally I continued the 100km drive back home at a sedate pace around 60-65kmph and reached home without any incident. All through the drive, the warning was still flashing though.

This morning however, when I started the car, the warning had mysteriously disappeared.

Should i have it checked at the SVC?

Has anyone else faced a similar issue?
Old 31st August 2024, 20:11   #10738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
I'm in the same boat. My AX7 P AT is also from the first batch, delivered in Dec 2021. Despite the LCA replacement, there is definitely a creaking sound. Despite multiple ASC visits, no permanent solution. Learning to live with it.
I own an AX7 P AT manufactured and delivered in November 2023, suspension works butter smooth except the creaking sounds by brakes in the morning and also during Wet runs.
himanshu_trikha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2024, 23:09   #10739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Glad to know I’m not the only one with this problem as an early adopter. I wonder if we change the suspension to the newer models, perhaps the creaking sound might go away? But then again, changing the suspension would be a costly affair, and also there is no guarantee that the sound would go away.

I wish Mahindra would give us early adopters some solution to this issue which has persisted since Day 1, also such types of noise on a flagship product doesn’t sit well with the premium positioning. By the way, I updated my car to the latest software version, but, the blank screen issue still hasn’t been resolved.

This, and other such niggles mar the otherwise premiumness of Mahindra’s flagship product. I was intent on selling my Hyundai Creta so that I could purchase Mahindra’s latest offering, the Thar Roxx and use it as a third car for the odd weekend picnics through non-existant roads in our neck of the woods, and also for going to our farm. But after my experience as a first time Mahindra owner, I think I will wait 2 to 3 years for Mahindra to sort out the niggles that will surely arise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_trikha View Post
I own an AX7 P AT manufactured and delivered in November 2023, suspension works butter smooth except the creaking sounds by brakes in the morning and also during Wet runs.
That’s good to hear that Mahindra fixed the loud suspension noise in newer batches. Hope they do something for us early adopters too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Yesterday, while returning from an outstation trip . . . warning on the instrument cluster
Faced a similar issue while driving to my workplace (80kms from home) - I got EPS failure message while driving on the highway. I was driving around 75-80 kmph when suddenly the error message popped up and the steering lost its feedback.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20240831_231346_gallery.jpg

Knowing Mahindra, I thought it might be a bug in the system as usual, so I parked to the side of the highway, turned off the car, and then locked it. I waited for 5 minutes before turning on the car and when I did turn on the car, the error message was gone and the EPS system started working normally.

It was scary having the EPS failure while driving at a good speed on the highway but thankfully it was a bug as usual from Mahindra's new Adrenox Software and a reboot cleared it up. I will still have it checked at the A.S.C. to see if the error was pointing to something serious.

Last edited by wadewilson : 31st August 2024 at 23:20.
Old 31st August 2024, 23:50   #10740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Folks, I am in the market for a spacious 5 str SUV (7 str is good bonus) and after looking at Safari, XUV700, Alcazar, Creta, Tuscon I have figured that nothing can really beat both XUV700 or safari in terms of the value prop, even more so for XUV700. I have driven Safari AT, XUV Diesel AT/MT & XUV P AT.
I have gone through this selection process just a few months back, so sharing my perspectives,

Safari (Latest): Noise insulation is very good as compared to XUV700 or Tucson. Also, the materials used are of a better grade than the XUV, but Tucson is comparable. Overall it feels like a premium vehicle from inside. Touch controls and that tacky steering is something I didn't like, also it doesn't feel car like to drive and the size is cumbersome for daily city drives. On highways it's the best car out of 3. Also, the suspension of Safari is the best out of 3, somewhat comparable to Compass.

Tucson : Most refined engines both petrol and diesel, and very soothing interiors. It's a well-received international model but still not very popular in India, so has that exclusivity factor. From my test drive this one has the best rear seat and can seat 5 comfortably for longer distances. The diesel is gem of an engine, and it pulls like locomotive! If going for diesel, go for Tucson eyes closed. Petrol though is just adequate but on Indian highways you hardly need so much power and even Petrol will be sufficient.

XUV700: Turbo Petrol AT is the highlight of this product, it pulls like crazy and gets addictive, but one can hardly experience this except for some situations like - accelerating from a toll or something like that. Also, this one is the easiest to drive in city. The suspension though is noisier and somewhat in between Safari and Tucson. ADAS works very well, also quite reliable. This is the most rounded Product in the segment, everything just works perfectly.
Quote:
Finally, we got a XUV700 P AT, I am extremely satisfied, in last 6 months we have covered ~5000 kms majorly on highways. Fuel economy numbers are :
  • upto 14 kmpl when driving @ 80 kmph
  • 11 kmpl when driving ~ 100 kmph
  • 6-8 kmpl in City
Except for usual infotainment niggles there was once a mechanical issue (Mahindra XUV700 Review) but service centre seems to have fixed it and hasn't reoccured. But every time I see a Tucson on road I feel like should have gone for it . Nowadays XUV/Harrier/Safari are very popular products and lack exclusivity of Tucson. XUV700 has become almost as popular as Creta! that too with a 5 star safety

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks