Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2024, 10:13   #10696
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
I am not an owner of XUV700, but . . . If one of the two struts of the tailgate is powered, and the other is a gas strut, the tailgate will bend. This is an issue with all cars . . .
XUV700 doesn't have powered tailgate. Thank you for trying to help nevertheless.

Regarding my issue, when I was getting ready to head out for the service centre the next day, I tried adjusting the latch (the visible portion) with my fingers (just moved it a bit), then pressed the button and lo and behold, the boot door locked and I was able to unlock and lock it without any issues.

I'm guessing that perhaps it has something to do with part failure of the latch mechanism (possible poor QC on Mahindra's part).

On another positive note - My XUV700 DEF tank sensor has developed a fault and I can no longer check the levels now. The display shows 36% permanently regardless of whether I fill in oil or drain it. The Service Centre folks checked it and confirmed that the sensor has gone kaput and have ordered it for me. Ah, the Joys of owning a Mahindra
wadewilson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2024, 13:52   #10697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Indianoil for both petrol and diesel because of reward points on my credit card, no other reason. Other pumps are equally good, everyone does quality checks. Just go to a pump that's is popular in the area. I'll avoid shabby pumps .
I see. What RON you fill? Normal/Premium?

I came across the updated owners manual in which for AT Petrol, it is recommended 95 RON petrol while I was filling normal in Shell which is likely just 91 RON while paying premium prices already.

Not FE at all and IDK how it has been helping either. It's still noisy. Thinking to switch to XP95 and see. Any experiences? In terms of smoothness / FE and performance in general?
Old 28th August 2024, 14:51   #10698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
I see. What RON you fill? Normal/Premium?

I came across the updated owners manual in which for AT Petrol, it is recommended 95 RON petrol while I was filling normal in Shell which is likely just 91 RON while paying premium prices already.

Not FE at all and IDK how it has been helping either. It's still noisy. Thinking to switch to XP95 and see. Any experiences? In terms of smoothness / FE and performance in general?
Mine is Diesel manual. I use just the regular Diesel. Never had a vehicle that demanded premium fuel. I didn't see value in premium fuel when engine is designed for regular.

However, XUV700 petrol automatic is recommended to use premium fuel so it is best to stick to manufacturer recommendation. This is because of higher torque figures and tuning.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2024, 18:29   #10699
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is Diesel manual. I use just the regular Diesel. Never had a vehicle that demanded premium fuel. I didn't see value in premium fuel when engine is designed for regular.

However, XUV700 petrol automatic is recommended to use premium fuel so it is best to stick to manufacturer recommendation. This is because of higher torque figures and tuning.
I see. But I'm wondering if someone has done a practical test between normal and premium fuel with AT Petrol. I'm still trying to find answers, maybe I'll test it out myself in coming weeks.
Old 28th August 2024, 18:34   #10700
bbv
BHPian

Quote:
I have diesel AT and was a bit concerned initially after reading about low Sulphur fuel in the manual and started wondering if it means premium diesel. After looking up a bit, realized that it is just normal diesel, which became low sulphur already after the last year's implementation of BS 6.2 grade supply in every petrol pump. Also, decided to use normal diesel only and from any petrol pump (though I try to avoid Indianoil after some wrong-quantity experiences).
Old 29th August 2024, 08:47   #10701
BHPian

Hi bbv, what does the manual say about low sulphur fuel?
Old 29th August 2024, 08:58   #10702
Senior - BHPian

Folks, finalized on XUV700 D AT AWD but yet to book. Thoughts on swapping the tires immediately after purchase? Would continental or michelin be a good idea and worth the spend? How value can I expect to get the OEM tires?
Old 29th August 2024, 10:11   #10703

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Folks, finalized on XUV700 D AT AWD but yet to book. Thoughts on swapping the tires immediately after purchase? Would continental or michelin be a good idea and worth the spend? How value can I expect to get the OEM tires?
I plan to switch to Michelin as soon as I get my car. I believe having good tires makes a lot of difference. I’m curious on the value people are getting for swapping new tires. I can update based on my experience once I get my car in a week or two.
thefifthd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2024, 11:38   #10704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifthd View Post
I plan to switch to Michelin as soon as I get my car. I believe having good tires makes a lot of difference. I’m curious on the value people are getting for swapping new tires. I can update based on my experience once I get my car in a week or two.
Sounds good. Do let me know where you get it done as well. In the past Michelin tire supply has been an issue as well. For my XUV500 I had to pick contis mainly due to Michelin supply issue
Old 29th August 2024, 11:50   #10705
BHPian

The dealer said my Deep Forest AX7 will come with MRF Wanderer. In the past I have used Michelin, Continental and Bridgestone.
Old 29th August 2024, 12:23   #10706

Quote:
Originally Posted by hash View Post

I'll share the video with the service centre guys and post if there are any updates:

https://Youtube.com/watch?v=zXTnfFJNpf0?feature=share
Update on this:
I mailed Mahindra customer care and sent them the video. They forwarded the issue to the service center I get my car serviced at. So I dropped my car there and they kept the car for couple of hours. Later that day I got a call from them informing me they couldn't find any issues. They connected it to a computer and there were no error codes so they couldn't do anything about it (which is fair). The SA gave me his number and told me to get in touch if the problem ever occurred again.
Old 29th August 2024, 13:36   #10707
BHPian

Quote:
I see. But I'm wondering if someone has done a practical test between normal and premium fuel with AT Petrol. I'm still trying to find answers, maybe I'll test it out myself in coming weeks.
The difference will be when pulling load, like going uphill, there will be knocking sound from engine. If you notice it in normal drive, switch back to premium. Engine knocking regularly can cause damage in long run.
Old 29th August 2024, 13:53   #10708
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Can existing owners clarify some of my questions related to ACC

AX7L automatic:
AX7L has Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with stop & go feature as per brochure. This feature would stop the car if the car in front stops. I have seen some YouTube videos where the car stops slowly and not abruptly.
Question-1) Does the car pick up speed on its own with slight throttle input when the car in front starts moving?

AX7 automatic
AX7 has Smart Pilot and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) as per new brochure. I have not been able to get test drive of AX7 automatic to confirm if ACC is still present on AX7 automatic variants.
Question-1) Can any owner who bought AX7 Petrol automatic manufactured in past 3-4 months confirm if ACC is present or not?
Question-2) Does ACC on AX7 automatic disengage after a certain speed?
Old 29th August 2024, 13:58   #10709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hash View Post
Update on this:
I mailed Mahindra customer care and sent them the video. They forwarded the issue to the service center I get my car serviced at. So I dropped my car there and they kept the car for couple of hours. Later that day I got a call from them informing me they couldn't find any issues. They connected it to a computer and there were no error codes so they couldn't do anything about it (which is fair). The SA gave me his number and told me to get in touch if the problem ever occurred again.
They have simply washed their hands off. You have given them evidence of the problem, it is their responsibility to sort it out. What if your vehicle gets stranded on the highway in future due to this problem? If I were in your place I would not have collected the vehicle untill the fault was detected and resolved. Simply connecting the laptop and saying there is no problem is their way of washing their hands off from the problem.
mercedised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2024, 14:41   #10710
BHPian

Quote:
I have an AX7 P AT and use XP95 generally ,the difference observed (compare with Regular 91 Gasoline) are Lower vibration and Engine Sound (definitive) with slightly improved power (may be a Placebo).Fuel efficiency is more or less the same.

Interestingly as per Manual, Petrol Manual is fine with 91 RON while Petrol Automatic is recommended with 95 RON,raised a query to Mahindra ,didn’t get a reply.
himanshu_trikha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks